Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 14, 2016 3:04 PM
Dec 2013
Great to see Melody, Basho, Hanzo, Biscuit Krueger and Kurapika's Nen teacher again. And Togashi actually gave him a name: Izunabi. Uh-oh; HxH (2011) gave him the name Mizuken (while remaining nameless in the 1999 version). So his official name is now Izunabi.

So yeah, all of them, along with Kurapika, are now bodyguards for the princes. Kurapika is going to help Woble and his mother escape.

Glad to finally read a HxH chapter while it's still new. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Apr 14, 2016 3:05 PM

May 2007
So, what's the over/under on the number of chapters we get this time before the next hiatus? 10.5? 20.5?
Apr 14, 2016 3:24 PM
May 2015
Can't deny that seeing the whole; the antagonists are as much a victim of a dehumanising governing system and strict parenting administered by desperate mothers to tailor them into ruthless prospective monarchs, brought a smile to my face. Knowing how good Togashi is for humanising his villains (see Killua as an excellent example of how he has previously developed this idea) and something tells me he won't be recycling. I expect very good things from this arc (not that I wasn't already as it was already showcasing a classic battle royal e.g. one where the outcome actually has consequence and the outcome can't be easily determined just by looking at who the main character is.) We all know how Togashi loves to completely derail our expectations for how an arc will proceed.
Apr 14, 2016 4:54 PM
Sep 2015
Drake1000 said:
Holy shit am I really reading a shonen here?
Nice foreshadowing in the background for their Nen abilities
Super convenient that they all send their applications and end up all being picked by the princes.
Kurapika analyzes all that shit about Halkenburg just to end up babysitting, he just needs a handshake with the 4th prince, I guess he's expecting to tie him with his not chain jail and kidnapp him, except he doesn't take into account the Stand generator pot. Not really that interested in this prince conflict so far tbh, I'm much more interested in the other side of this DC trip aka Guan Yu, Pariston and Ging.
Where does it show that their Nen abilities
Apr 14, 2016 4:56 PM
Sep 2015
Wow this was great I'm super excited,I like the very detailed chapters I haven't read one in so long so this chapter was good to me but I might have to read a few chapters back to get everything thing again
Apr 14, 2016 5:02 PM

Jan 2016
It seems that the hiatus were too long, even togashi forgot that HxH is a manga, so he wrote a light novel instead

jokes aside, this chapter was so great and fulfilled with content I can't wait to see the next when it's released in 2018
Apr 14, 2016 5:49 PM

Jun 2014
Man, sometimes there's so much dialogue that reading a chapter of this takes longer than reading a chapter of a monthly, 40+ page manga. I don't really mind though, it just shows that Togashi really cares about detail.

A decent setup chapter for later events, I'm glad Kurapika is back in the spotlight after being absent for so long after Yorknew. It was nice to see some old faces again as well, looking forward to seeing what Kurapika's master can do, and seeing how Hanzo has improved since we pretty much haven't seen him since the Hunter exam.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 14, 2016 6:10 PM

Dec 2013
That was beautiful. I didn't think I could ever again be this excited for a manga chapter.
ichii_1 said:
Togashi should just write novels already.
I missed your comments.
PriestSlayerApr 14, 2016 6:17 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Apr 14, 2016 6:15 PM
Jul 2018
Fredluv2339 said:
Where does it show that their Nen abilities

The patterns in the background when they show each character's face.
Apr 14, 2016 6:21 PM

Mar 2016
Feels like a read 10 pages of a book lol. Glad that HxH is back. I'm still a little pessimistic about this tho, I really hope Togashi stays a little longer this time.
Apr 14, 2016 6:32 PM

Nov 2014
wonder if they are still gonna try to do this weekly
Apr 14, 2016 6:54 PM

Jan 2015
I was a little crying inside from happiness while i was reading. I was so happy my favorite story is back. Such a great chapter. So many information, my favorite characters are back( hanzo,biscuit,kurapika) a lot of funny moments. Great interactions. Really looks like this is gonna be a very good arc just like Phantom rouge. Interesting to see which new characters will be introduced, how strong they will be. How much will they oppose or assist main crew right now (kurapika,biscuit,hanzo etc.) Im sooooo excited can't describe
Apr 14, 2016 6:59 PM

Jan 2011
Godashi is black
that plot... so many great characters
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Apr 14, 2016 7:47 PM

Jul 2013
its back
i forgot how much Togashi can cram into a chapter i love it
Apr 14, 2016 9:55 PM
Sep 2012
Damn I forgot how much dialogue this arc had had. That was practically a novel chapter, entire panels just dedicated to text. So it was kind of hard to follow, especially after a 2 year hiatus... But overall a pretty good start, let's hope we get some decent progress before the inevitable.
Apr 14, 2016 10:52 PM

Sep 2011
God dammit, Biscuit. You damn old shotacon.

Welp. Let's face it.
Following this manga is being like in a bad on and off relationship.
He/She'll say goodbye, leaving you hanging.
Promises to come back without telling you when.
You'll be sad first. Then soon be angry. That if you ever see his/her face again, you would slap the shit out of it.
But when he/she did come back. Like he/she just left yesterday. Drunk. Without even saying sorry.
You'll hug him/her with tears. Prepare dinner. And forget why you're mad in the first place.
Apr 14, 2016 11:25 PM

Jun 2014
These god damned walls of text kill me.
Apr 14, 2016 11:42 PM

Jan 2014
Just reading this, I didn't notice it after I read One Piece,

DC arc is getting more interesting, many nostalgic characters is back. I predict this one would be a long arc like Chimera, and Togashi definitely going to Hiatus again before finishing it.
Rain23 said:
I laughed so much with the Kurapika and Bisky's part xD
Indeed it's a funny one.
Apr 15, 2016 1:39 AM

Aug 2008
It's back. LOL! Kurapika and Biscuit. Killua sure did Kurapika a huge favour there.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 15, 2016 2:37 AM

Aug 2012
I thought this was coming up on Saturday, I even planned to make some time to re-read the last chapter or two later today but then I saw this was up on lostinanime so I threw all those plans out the window & just read the new chapter which meant, I admittedly wasn't capable of following it as well as I had expected. Granted, I wasn't particularly confused or anything, I remember well enough where everything left off but with as much nuance & detail in this arc, I don't doubt I would've enjoyed it more had I read it with a fresher memory.

But I still really enjoyed this chapter. I had half-expected the return of Basho & Melody just because of Kurapika's connection to the Nostrade family but Hanzo, Bisky & Izunabi (who I recognized immediately but honestly I can't remember if he was even given a name prior to this chapter) were a bit more surprising to me. Bisky was the only one who really got any spotlight here but boy, her interactions with Kurapika were just delightful. Really funny stuff & to be honest, it's nice that Killua had some role in this arc.

Also, to be honest, I wasn't blown away by the art like most in here seem to have been. There were definitely some great moments, I love the panels depicting Kurapika holding the baby prince Woble (I would say that's a terrible name but at least I can spell/pronounce it without google search, unlike most of them [like Tserriednich]) but I recall his return from the last hiatus was even better (though, this was better than the last chapter we got at least). Either way, he nailed the scenes that matter & I don't think it was bad or anything, so it's not really an issue.
Apr 15, 2016 3:13 AM

Mar 2016
looks like biscuit falls for kurapika lolz
I think everything in this world is beautiful. The sky, birds, bugs, frogs, flowers, and even rocks. Because, if God created this world, could there really be anything dirty and ugly in it?
Apr 15, 2016 3:41 AM

Mar 2014
Dialogue-heavy as ever. Well, I always expected that, it's HxH after all.

Kurapica is such a nice guy.

It's really confusing that all children are called Princes regardless of their gender.
Apr 15, 2016 4:50 AM

Jun 2014
It's back, that's incredible! I really missed my walls of text. This arc really looks like it could be the most complex the series has had so far. I can't wait. I'm still more interested in the other part of the arc (Hunter's association) but seeing these old characters back and a little bit of development on the Kakin's family plot has raised my interest for it. Both will probably converge at some point anyway. Btw I'm really curious to know what Hanzo's nen ability is.

Can't wait for the next chapter.
Apr 15, 2016 5:26 AM
Mar 2015
Been waiting for this , i think I'll love this dark continent arc
Hope it'll last more than 20 chapters:3
Apr 15, 2016 7:39 AM

Jun 2015
Drake1000 said:
Holy shit am I really reading a shonen here?

Not anymore, not after Greed Island's arc.
Apr 15, 2016 2:42 PM

Nov 2012
HNGGGGGG YESSS FINALLY THE WAIT IS OVER

I knew there would be lots of text so I held for a bit and re-read ch. 349 first... quite a mistake. I should've taken the time to read the whole arc up to this point. Still, I wasn't totally lost but I had to read slower as I tried to remember stuff from previous chapters.

> Of course all the heirs are referred to as "Princes" regardless of their gender, classic Togashi gender trolling.

>YES, HANZO IS BACK!! Ever since the heaven's tournament arc I've been wondering what his hatsu might be. I only had to wait for Naruto to finish though. I wasn't expecting Biscuit and Izunabi tbh (I didn't even recognize Biscuit at first glance haha). I was expecting Linssen to have some bigger involvement and development, given how he barely speaks during the series XD.

> I'm really impressed by the artwork, I think the arc overall looks much better than others. Or perhaps I'm subconsciously comparing it with York Shin's art, which I've read too many times quite a lot of times (there can never be enough York Shin tbh).

> Probably this was pointed out but is that Pairo's head on ch. 349 p. 5? I probably wondered about it the first time I read it but that was 2 years ago.

> Kurapika showing sympathy for the baby prince was really touching. I thought that was beyond his possibilities at this point.
> Never thought I would find myself wondering what will end first: this arc or game of thrones?
> But duuuuude, where's Gyro? Gimme some clues, man!

Drake1000 said:

Drake1000 I should've read you post before X'D But I didn't want to risk seeing any spoilers in the discussion.
kchorrex2012Apr 15, 2016 2:48 PM
Apr 15, 2016 6:56 PM

Nov 2013
jesus the info dump after over a year since i read the previous chapter was hard to swallow. awesome seeing hanzo back, kinda thought he'd show up a lot more previously but oh well.

lets hope togashi's back holds out from the weight of expectation, the current estimate is at one new volume worth of content, anyone wanna raise me for 300 dollars?
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Apr 15, 2016 7:53 PM

Jan 2012
First of all @Drake1000 thnx for that picture , it's a good a fresh up memory b4 i start reading xd.

bromains said:
wonder if they are still gonna try to do this weekly

lol this is hxh we are talking about , probably the only chapter we will have until 2017

Apr 16, 2016 4:37 AM
Mar 2015
Sad said:

what makes you think that she will die?
Apr 16, 2016 8:55 AM

Nov 2013
lequack said:
Sad said:

biscuit is a delicacy where they are heading, highly sought after goods
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Apr 16, 2016 9:02 AM

Jan 2014
Sad said:
lequack said:

biscuit is a delicacy where they are heading, highly sought after goods
Yes Togashi must sacrify one character to make the story interesting (like Kite in CA) but I predict Kurapika or Ging is the one who gonna die, lol.
Apr 16, 2016 9:19 AM

Jan 2015
Damn had to re-read more than half the manga when the new chapter came out.... Damn Kurapika's luck is just terrible and Biscuit haha she's back !!!
Apr 16, 2016 10:37 AM

Jan 2012
Caught up to Hunta yesterday. Man reading this manga is fucking hard for me and my ADD lmao
Walloftext.gif

Anyway @Drake1000 I agree I'd like to see Ging/Paristons affair play out the most out of all the subplots going on.

@Sad hmm well before the last hiatus wasn't there like a big moment being hyped up? I remember the editor or someone was claiming that a big shocking moment was in the making of happening. There are supposed to be 3 of them and the first one was coming up soon. Maybe someone bites the dust from Pikas group? Death is always a nice shock factor but I don't see Bisket being the one to bite the dust. Got to be someone bigger like maybe Pika, Ging or Paris. Or maybe all of Pikas group gets massacred lol
you sound poor
Apr 16, 2016 11:25 AM

Nov 2013
@Mxs_

haha, i mentioned biscuit because... nobody would expect her to die, would be pretty shocking imo but then again I don't think togashi would get into a trend of killing gon/killua's mentor figures lol.

really hope there's a big death though, ging dying early would make a lot of build up to his meeting with gon kinda silly and would lessen its value especially when he's got so much more to show. i feel like a well established one outside of the main four bros will kick the bucket for sure though.
Apr 16, 2016 12:23 PM

Jan 2012
@Sad

Ging doesn't bite the dust this early. He may not even die hell his grandpa isn't even dead yet lol. Catching up on these chapters, dude is pretty OP as far as characters go. or maybe Paris mindfucks him into oblivion haha

I'm betting on Pikas group being exterminated or partially. It could be Pika though as the last eyes are with that prince. Once goal is achieved... boom!

I think Beyond also exterminates the Zodiacs. Zodiacs plz die. Someone die. JUST BLEED!!!!

Best death would be Leorio. Never gonna happen but man that would be sweet lmao
you sound poor
Apr 16, 2016 1:34 PM
Dec 2014
This chapter was exceptional. DC arc can be one of the greatest Shounen arcs of all time, imo. The subplots are super intriguing, and Togashi adding old faces and placing them in the mix of a Prince Battle Royal blood bath only excites me more. I wonder which members of Pika's infiltration squad will bite the dust, however.

Also, what will happen if the Phantom Troupe are the bodyguards of some of the princes.? There are suppose to be meetings/dinners between ALL the princes. I'm sure Pika knows how some members look and likewise for the Troupe... wtf will happen? Obviously they would have to compose themselves but could they?! This arc has me on the edge of my seat bc Pika potentially has 2 forces to deal with in the Princes & the Troupe. It's unfathomable that he by himself can handle such ordeal. Especially when there's the fact that Kurapika's abilities may be known by the troupe (ending of Yorknew). Pika is my dude. I hope he overcomes the odds!
Apr 16, 2016 1:45 PM

Dec 2015
TogashiFanboy said:
This chapter was exceptional. DC arc can be one of the greatest Shounen arcs of all time, imo. The subplots are super intriguing, and Togashi adding old faces and placing them in the mix of a Prince Battle Royal blood bath only excites me more. I wonder which members of Pika's infiltration squad will bite the dust, however.

Also, what will happen if the Phantom Troupe are the bodyguards of some of the princes.? There are suppose to be meetings/dinners between ALL the princes. I'm sure Pika knows how some members look and likewise for the Troupe... wtf will happen? Obviously they would have to compose themselves but could they?! This arc has me on the edge of my seat bc Pika potentially has 2 forces to deal with in the Princes & the Troupe. It's unfathomable that he by himself can handle such ordeal. Especially when there's the fact that Kurapika's abilities may be known by the troupe (ending of Yorknew). Pika is my dude. I hope he overcomes the odds!

Gawd, I hope that fucking happens! That will be intense.
I also hope Pika beats the shit out of Chrollo.

I need to see more Pariston though! I was really hoping to see him and all his sparkly glory in this new chapter.

Banner credit to @turnip
Apr 16, 2016 2:53 PM
Dec 2014
KonaKoffee4 said:
TogashiFanboy said:

Gawd, I hope that fucking happens! That will be intense.
I also hope Pika beats the shit out of Chrollo.

I need to see more Pariston though! I was really hoping to see him and all his sparkly glory in this new chapter.

have no idea how the phantom troupe will involve themself into this expedition/voyage to the DC, but I assume it'll be a setup for crazy things to occur in the latter part of this series going forward. Chrollo potentially is still nen-less, so Im predicting some of the troupe members (at least half) wil be body guards of the princes, and the other half will have no involvement as theyll most likely be bodyguards of chrollo, taking no part of the voyage. That sets the stage for Pika to kill off a couple more troupe members during this Battle Royal. i really think a Pika vs Nobunaga is set considering how emotional nobunaga got when Uvo died in yorkshin. Pika will most likely kill most of the PT involved in this arc. I definitely do not assume all PT members will be present bc then that'd be overkill. Kurapika can't handle a SQUADED PT AND some savage princes. I can only presume Pika will just be angering Chrollo even more, bc if words gets out that this infamous chain user disposed of more spiders, Chrollo is gonna go ape shit... that's what I would like to think but this arc could be an opportunity to actually get a Pika vs Chrollo bc Togashi is just like that haha. All I'm sure of is that all spiders will not be present... bc if so, Pika is definitely going to die.
Apr 16, 2016 3:14 PM

Jan 2012
@TogashiFanboy

They might be in this arc. Forgot which chapter but in one of them while showing the 4th prince talking, in the background you can see someone tatooing a spider onto a woman. Might not mean anything or maybe the it's a hint at the spiders coming back.
you sound poor
Apr 16, 2016 8:57 PM

Apr 2010
Barion-Zara said:
Textwall×Textwall is finally back and as text wallish as ever lol

Maan.... my head hurts
Apr 17, 2016 12:26 AM
Jul 2018
Mxs_ said:
@TogashiFanboy

They might be in this arc. Forgot which chapter but in one of them while showing the 4th prince talking, in the background you can see someone tatooing a spider onto a woman. Might not mean anything or maybe the it's a hint at the spiders coming back.

Hmm that's a nice catch and it will be really exciting if it happens so
Apr 17, 2016 1:38 AM

Jan 2013
Alright, so I was totally lost....
Apr 17, 2016 8:24 AM
May 2013
Drake1000 said:
Actrion said:
I am kinda lost in here. Wasn!t the last chapters about Netero's son going to Dark Continent? What is this prince elimination voyage? :D (it's been a while since I read HxH)

Apr 17, 2016 8:45 AM

Dec 2015
@togashifanboy I can definitely see that set up happening, but I feel kurapika has gained some power that we may not know of. Of course I am only guessing, but there is a chance he could have the upper hand if he gets into a one-on-one fight with chrollo.
As far as the troupe members being bodyguards, I already had a feeling that would happen even from the start of this arc. However, I do have a feeling someone could likely die and I don't think it'd be kurapika (or even bisky, despite her kind of annoying me).

Banner credit to @turnip
Apr 17, 2016 9:53 AM

Oct 2012
I don't know how I feel about Killua and Gon barely being in this arc, but I'm glad Kurapika and Leorio are getting the spotlight. I guess for the most part Gon and Killua's story mostly finished. I hope we can just find out what the hell ever happened to Chrollo, and stuff about Hisoka
Apr 17, 2016 11:01 AM

Jun 2013
Tokisario said:
I don't know how I feel about Killua and Gon barely being in this arc, but I'm glad Kurapika and Leorio are getting the spotlight. I guess for the most part Gon and Killua's story mostly finished. I hope we can just find out what the hell ever happened to Chrollo, and stuff about Hisoka

If the story were to expand into the Dark Continent Arc (or better saga? since it seems like it could be a really long story), we'll definitely see more of Gon and possibly Killua too... but Gon needs to get his nen back, because without it, there's no way he could survive in the Dark Continent.
Apr 17, 2016 1:20 PM

Apr 2011
Hiatus x Hiatus is back!

I had to reread the last 5 chapters (holy shit I forgot how text heavy HxH is) since its been a while and didn't remember things well. I am so glad to see Hanzo and Biscuit <3

I am not sure how long this weekly running will last. I want to hope but I am also a realist when it comes to Togashi so If it went to hiatus again after 5 chapters, I wouldn't be surprised lol.

Anyways, I am sure I am going to enjoy this arc.
Apr 17, 2016 1:23 PM

Jun 2014
Hell yeah it's back, I was more annoyed that it went on hiatus once Kurapika was about to get the spotlight after not appearing for around 200 chapters. Still have no idea what's going on since it's been so long since I read the last chapter, but the part about the baby was cool.

ichii_1 said:
Togashi should just write novels already.

Basically. He would benefit a lot more this way as it's the drawing part and deadlines of manga that stresses him out so much, he could do all these text walls and it wouldn't feel out of place compared to previous chapters like it does here.

Or do the obvious, let someone else do the art while he does the story, but we all know that will never happen due to him being who he is.
Apr 17, 2016 5:34 PM
Dec 2014
KonaKoffee4 said:
@togashifanboy I can definitely see that set up happening, but I feel kurapika has gained some power that we may not know of. Of course I am only guessing, but there is a chance he could have the upper hand if he gets into a one-on-one fight with chrollo.
As far as the troupe members being bodyguards, I already had a feeling that would happen even from the start of this arc. However, I do have a feeling someone could likely die and I don't think it'd be kurapika (or even bisky, despite her kind of annoying me).

KonaKoffee4 said:

It is very possible you are correct in regards to Pika having a trump card. Let us not forget a huge overlooked statement by Pika in the previous chapters. He said in his degree of work he works with bandits and basically those who work in the shadows. Kurapika was even positive that he could get some info on Beyond Netero, if my memory serves me correct. If pika can get info on Beyond then he can def find something on members of the Phantom Troupe. I really think there is a possibility of Kurapika working with the Zolydcks in some way, considering Killuas dad seems to have some knowledge on fighting the troupe
Apr 17, 2016 9:39 PM

Oct 2014
Its back and its beastly!
I wonder if we're gonna see some character development with Kurapika and the baby. Speaking of which, Kurapika is still the best character.
Also, Hanzo and Melody are back! That's cool. Didn't expect Biscy to team up with Kurapika. The way he handled her was hilarious.
What Kabaneri Did Wrong:
- Edgelord protagonist
- Special snowflake girlfriend
- Giving humans powers
- Failing to create a unique/memorable setting

What Kabaneri Did Right:
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.