Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 23, 2016 10:26 AM

May 2015
DarklordVor said:

Pretty much like everyone said,

Gah! This somehow reminds me of KonoSuba's volume 5 with Megumin -____- damn it Kazuma.

So basically... Subaru becomes Naruto? Where he shows that he prioritize Sakura and just forget about Hinata's confession? lol

Also you can't just leave a Megumin hint without spoiling it! Why'd you bring that up if you're not gonna explain it =_=
Apr 23, 2016 11:18 AM

Mar 2015
DarkingDawning said:
DarklordVor said:

Pretty much like everyone said,

Gah! This somehow reminds me of KonoSuba's volume 5 with Megumin -____- damn it Kazuma.

So basically... Subaru becomes Naruto? Where he shows that he prioritize Sakura and just forget about Hinata's confession? lol

Also you can't just leave a Megumin hint without spoiling it! Why'd you bring that up if you're not gonna explain it =_=

Ah. Now you reminded me of Naruto and Hinata. Damn it, best girls always got sidetracked.

Ya... basically best girls always got hurts. Always. *looking at Kyousuke for what he did to Kuroneko*
DarklordVorApr 23, 2016 11:29 AM

Apr 23, 2016 12:27 PM
Jul 2015
Oh shit! I don't read light novel

Apr 23, 2016 1:16 PM

Apr 2015
machixmachi said:

Apr 23, 2016 2:12 PM
Jul 2015
Fappa said:
machixmachi said:

Thank you!
Sadly :( Get her back! Subaruuuu

Apr 23, 2016 2:26 PM

Apr 2015
machixmachi said:

When you will see that in the anime you'll realize how hard this scene is. That and many other things make you support Subaru so much. One of the most redeeming characters there is ( if you see genre-savy behavior as a negative ).
Apr 23, 2016 11:09 PM
Jul 2015
Fappa said:
machixmachi said:

When you will see that in the anime you'll realize how hard this scene is. That and many other things make you support Subaru so much. One of the most redeeming characters there is ( if you see genre-savy behavior as a negative ).

can't wait to see this, because Subaru is one of my favorite characters :D

Apr 24, 2016 12:09 AM
Jul 2015
Please can someone tell me where can i read the LN? Or is it only available in Japanese?
Apr 24, 2016 12:23 AM

Mar 2015
Kaluk said:
Please can someone tell me where can i read the LN? Or is it only available in Japanese?

Well it's also translated in Chinese... so not only available in Japanese :3

It was already licensed by Yen Press back in December for English translation.

Volume 1 will be published on July 19th 2016 and Volume 2 will be published on November 15th 2016. So basically... yay for the slow as hell Yen Press translations :3

Amazon links:
http://www.amazon.com/Re-ZERO--Starting-Another-World-/dp/0316315303
http://www.amazon.com/Re-ZERO--Starting-Another-World-/dp/0316398373

Apr 24, 2016 12:46 AM

Jan 2015
DarklordVor said:
Kaluk said:

Volume 1 will be published on July 19th 2016 and Volume 2 will be published on November 15th 2016. So basically... yay for the slow as hell Yen Press translations :3

Amazon links:

Aren't most releases on a 3-4 month basis?
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 24, 2016 1:10 AM

Mar 2015
bobzanny said:
DarklordVor said:

Amazon links:

Well we're talking about Yen Press here... the slowest publisher LN that I know. (Since they got tons of titles, they need separate time to publish them)
I mean they licensed Oregairu last year, but has not published it till September 2016... Yen Press.

Also, compared to Re:Zero's intial release, which is volume 1 on 24 January 2014 and volume 2 on 25 February 2014, Yen Press is really slow.

Apr 24, 2016 1:26 AM

Jan 2015
DarklordVor said:
bobzanny said:

Well we're talking about Yen Press here... the slowest publisher LN that I know. (Since they got tons of titles, they need separate time to publish them)
I mean they licensed Oregairu last year, but has not published it till September 2016... Yen Press.

Also, compared to Re:Zero's intial release, which is volume 1 on 24 January 2014 and volume 2 on 25 February 2014, Yen Press is really slow.

Ehh, from what I've seen that's about the standard for LN's regardless of publisher. Plus translations take longer than manga.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 24, 2016 1:39 AM

Mar 2015
bobzanny said:
DarklordVor said:

Ehh, from what I've seen that's about the standard for LN's regardless of publisher. Plus translations take longer than manga.

Hmm... well yeah. It can't be helped.

Apr 24, 2016 1:55 AM

Apr 2015
DarklordVor said:

Maybe the fact that Kadokawa ( Parent company of the publisher ) recently bought 51% of YenPress will help in the future. I can see them pushing YenPress on certain projects including Re:Zero.
Apr 24, 2016 2:30 AM
Jan 2011
Hmm. I know that this should belong into a different thread but I won't start an entire thread just because of two questions. So for those of you who read the novel (Fappa a co.)

First one: the web novel on narou is currently on the 6th arc if I'm correct. Does it seem like the story will finish soon?

Second one: I've started reading the LN (currently finishing reading volume 5) but plan to switch to the web novel after volume 6. Are there any notable differences between the LN/WEBNOVEL that might make a transition problematic or not?
Apr 24, 2016 2:40 AM

Apr 2015
Dante323 said:
Hmm. I know that this should belong into a different thread but I won't start an entire thread just because of two questions. So for those of you who read the novel (Fappa a co.)

First one: the web novel on narou is currently on the 6th arc if I'm correct. Does it seem like the story will finish soon?

Second one: I've started reading the LN (currently finishing reading volume 5) but plan to switch to the web novel after volume 6. Are there any notable differences between the LN/WEBNOVEL that might make a transition problematic or not?

I think it's no problem to ask that here :)

The author clearly aims for a bigger story and you can see that throughout the 6 arcs that are currently out. There is no ending in sight, no. To me it actually feels like we are only scratching at the halfway mark. So much stuff can and will most likely happen.
So that should be an indicator that we have more content to come than we've already seen.

As far as I could see the only notable difference is a polished wording/grammar and some scenes added to the light novels ( and pretty art if you can count that ). These scenes are nothing extremely important to the plot though, it seems like they are solely for more character development. So you're absolutely fine to go switch over to the web novels :)
Apr 24, 2016 3:25 AM

Mar 2015
Fappa said:
DarklordVor said:

Maybe the fact that Kadokawa ( Parent company of the publisher ) recently bought 51% of YenPress will help in the future. I can see them pushing YenPress on certain projects including Re:Zero.

Ohh that's interesting. Kadokawa seems to know what they're doing. Hopefully they will publish faster in case season 2 never comes *crossing my fingers*, people need to read Re:Zero till it ends :3

Apr 24, 2016 3:44 AM
Jan 2011
Fappa said:

I think it's no problem to ask that here :)

The author clearly aims for a bigger story and you can see that throughout the 6 arcs that are currently out. There is no ending in sight, no. To me it actually feels like we are only scratching at the halfway mark. So much stuff can and will most likely happen.
So that should be an indicator that we have more content to come than we've already seen.

As far as I could see the only notable difference is a polished wording/grammar and some scenes added to the light novels ( and pretty art if you can count that ). These scenes are nothing extremely important to the plot though, it seems like they are solely for more character development. So you're absolutely fine to go switch over to the web novels :)

Thanks for the fast reply.
Apr 24, 2016 3:53 AM

Apr 2015
Dante323 said:

Thanks for the fast reply.

No problem!

FappaApr 24, 2016 4:34 AM
Apr 24, 2016 4:29 AM

Mar 2010
In addition to Fappa's points about the story's length, apparently the author has this planned for 11 arcs in total. So by the start of Arc 6 we are kind of half way.
Apr 25, 2016 10:33 AM

Jul 2014
everyone in this thread is awesome. Thanks for having the time to tell everyone what happens in the story. I have been looking for spoilers for a while and finally found them here. (idk why i didnt check on MAL in the 1st place)
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Apr 25, 2016 12:16 PM

Jul 2014
ColdBreeze said:
abyss333 said:
everyone in this thread is awesome. Thanks for having the time to tell everyone what happens in the story. I have been looking for spoilers for a while and finally found them here. (idk why i didnt check on MAL in the 1st place)

If you can't wait any longer and you want to read a "short" summary of the story (obviously major spoilers) here you go.

Wow this is amazing. Im now super excited for the anime. THANKS!!
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Apr 25, 2016 12:20 PM

Apr 2015
abyss333 said:

Wow this is amazing. Im now super excited for the anime. THANKS!!

From the outside and as an anime only you wouldn't expect this to have such a complex and deep story, am I right? That was my first thought although I already knew it was far more than it appears to be from reading the first 3 arcs :)
Apr 25, 2016 1:14 PM
Jan 2011
Hmm. Hmm. I just thought about it but Pakku reminds me kind of Kyuubey or maybe Lord Death from Soul Eater. An unexpected face-heel turn would not surprise me that much.

But I guess that's just cause he doesn't take things seriously (expcept maybe when it's already too late). Could it be that he's just a natural airhead? Well like the father like the daughter.

Oh yeah, know I remembered why I find him creepy. Because he doesn't really give a shit about anybody except Emilia...
Dante323Apr 25, 2016 1:20 PM
Apr 25, 2016 9:43 PM

Dec 2014
Wait the Web Novel is translated in english?!? Where? O.o
Apr 26, 2016 2:52 AM
Aug 2013
Fappa said:

pido125Apr 26, 2016 3:44 AM
Apr 26, 2016 3:38 AM

Apr 2015
@pido125 If you really want to know, write me a PM. Talking about spoilers here is really bad. By the way I suggest you put a spoiler tag around your comment. So just PM me :)
Apr 26, 2016 3:49 AM
Aug 2013
Fappa said:
@pido125 If you really want to know, write me a PM. Talking about spoilers here is really bad. By the way I suggest you put a spoiler tag around your comment. So just PM me :)

it's just some mideless assumptions so i think its all good..
but man the suspense is killing me i think it would be much faster to learn how to read japanese and read the novel than wait for updates.
May 1, 2016 3:59 PM

Nov 2015
Man, usually I try to stay away from spoilers but I was to curious. So, I read them and this took a big twist I wasn't expecting. I don't know if I like it or not but I'm in for the ride.

I wonder how much story is left to be written.
May 1, 2016 4:16 PM

Apr 2015
InuScotty711 said:
Man, usually I try to stay away from spoilers but I was to curious. So, I read them and this took a big twist I wasn't expecting. I don't know if I like it or not but I'm in for the ride.

After around 500 chapters ( ~30 volumes ) the author is only at the halfway mark according to him.
May 1, 2016 4:21 PM

Nov 2015
Fappa said:
InuScotty711 said:

After around 500 chapters ( ~30 volumes ) the author is only at the halfway mark according to him.

Holy crap. So I guess this isn't your basic fantasy/adventure. More like a horror/adventure kind of show because some of the stuff is quite dark. Like really dark lol.
May 1, 2016 4:34 PM

Apr 2015
InuScotty711 said:

Holy crap. So I guess this isn't your basic fantasy/adventure. More like a horror/adventure kind of show because some of the stuff is quite dark. Like really dark lol.

Definitely not. The author just make it seem like one at start to put the knife in your back.

Yeah you could see it like that :D
FappaMay 1, 2016 4:59 PM
May 1, 2016 5:27 PM
Apr 2013
I'm game as long as there is not a lot of Berserk-esque sexual violence/rape. Someone let me know.
May 1, 2016 11:59 PM

Jun 2015
JacobValance said:
I'm game as long as there is not a lot of Berserk-esque sexual violence/rape. Someone let me know.

There is no rape but there could be
so you're safe from that.
May 2, 2016 1:35 AM
Apr 2013
BeBackinaSec said:
JacobValance said:

There is no rape but there could be
so you're safe from that.

Much thanks, that's reassuring.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - 5 hours ago

27 by IhnalakoKaina »»
37 minutes ago

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Yesterday, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.