Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 12, 2016 1:29 PM

Nov 2014
Oh Hane, I know the feels of the CBRs at the bike school. I was there one time, many moons ago. No bike virginity taken tho :P

One thing that really bothered me about the subtitles on this (and probably every future) episode is that Rin called Onsa "frizzy". Obviously no one doing the translation has ever looked at the manga, because it's "Shaggy" from the first chapter all the way through what's been printed. Sadface.

The weekly wait on this show is too much though...

Raimu (Lime) is always hitting home runs though :P
How to fix the review section, detailed here

The average reader (HS level) reads at about 200 WPM. So a 500-800 word review should take 3-5 minutes to read. That's an acceptable length for something you're interested in spending 25 minutes to 4.5 hours of your life watching.

Oh, and ANN requires any and all reviews to be 800-1200 words, no matter the length of the show.
Apr 12, 2016 1:34 PM

Feb 2016
lawlmartz said:
Oh Hane, I know the feels of the CBRs at the bike school. I was there one time, many moons ago. No bike virginity taken tho :P

One thing that really bothered me about the subtitles on this (and probably every future) episode is that Rin called Onsa "frizzy". Obviously no one doing the translation has ever looked at the manga, because it's "Shaggy" from the first chapter all the way through what's been printed. Sadface.

Oh yeah I know. That will take some getting used to.
Apr 12, 2016 1:37 PM

Nov 2014
@masa95

also, since you and others were posting- this was one of the ones I rode at the bike school. They had us change out a couple times, but this is the same thing they have in the anime, just the US version since we don't get CB400s. :D
I prefer a sport bike style myself, though.

The average reader (HS level) reads at about 200 WPM. So a 500-800 word review should take 3-5 minutes to read. That's an acceptable length for something you're interested in spending 25 minutes to 4.5 hours of your life watching.

Oh, and ANN requires any and all reviews to be 800-1200 words, no matter the length of the show.
Apr 12, 2016 1:46 PM

Feb 2016
lawlmartz said:
@masa95
also, since you and others were posting- this was one of the ones I rode at the bike school. They had us change out a couple times, but this is the same thing they have in the anime, just the US version since we don't get CB400s. :D
I prefer a sport bike style myself, though.

Oh yeah sport bikes all the way. That must've been a pretty fancy motorcycle school though. Mine had two TW200s and the rest were Suzuki TU250s. That is unless you count the scooters offered for the scooter course and for people in the motorcycle class who don't know how to balance something on two wheels.
Here's what I bought after I graduated bike school. Still have it but I got some repairs to do. Also thinking about upgrading to something bigger. Probably going to have to wait for next summer though.
Apr 12, 2016 1:48 PM

Jun 2015
Baita, no!

I smell heavy UST between Onsa and Rin.

BTW, about Rin in her bikersuit...

Apr 12, 2016 2:08 PM

Nov 2014
masa95 said:

Oh yeah sport bikes all the way. That must've been a pretty fancy motorcycle school though. Mine had two TW200s and the rest were Suzuki TU250s. That is unless you count the scooters offered for the scooter course and for people in the motorcycle class who don't know how to balance something on two wheels.
Here's what I bought after I graduated bike school. Still have it but I got some repairs to do. Also thinking about upgrading to something bigger. Probably going to have to wait for next summer though.

The school was put on by one of Honda's corporate offices. They have a full test track out back, school track, and dirt as well. They keep a garage stocked with everything from 50s to 450s, and CB300s/CBR250s and even Gold Wings they use for police tests, I believe. It was nice though.
I currently don't have a bike. Last thing I rode was my dad's Kawasaki Vulcan 500, but I don't like the bike overall. My brother rides it. There's a guy who lives in the apartment down from me who has an R6 that's been collecting dust since I moved in here... I've got a good mind to put a sticky note on it and say "looking to sell"? :P

I can tell you the exact story on the bike, though I've no idea who owns it. They're second or third owner, got it from the local bike shop here. 2nd or 3rd because it's got some aftermarket pegs and a few cosmetic changes on it, and it's also got a busted light, mirror, bent rear brake, and scratches on the right side. This person bought it, rode it for a few months, and then laid it down once, then parked it and haven't touched it since. It's otherwise in good physical condition, but I've never heard it run/don't know if it runs. With how minor the damage is, though, I'm certain that there's nothing mechanically wrong

Apr 12, 2016 2:12 PM

Feb 2016
lawlmartz said:
I've got a good mind to put a sticky note on it and say "looking to sell"? :P

I can tell you the exact story on the bike, though I've no idea who owns it. They're second or third owner, got it from the local bike shop here. 2nd or 3rd because it's got some aftermarket pegs and a few cosmetic changes on it, and it's also got a busted light, mirror, bent rear brake, and scratches on the right side. This person bought it, rode it for a few months, and then laid it down once, then parked it and haven't touched it since. It's otherwise in good physical condition, but I've never heard it run/don't know if it runs. With how minor the damage is, though, I'm certain that there's nothing mechanically wrong

As is the story of many bikes. The previous owner of mine rode it 800 miles from brand new and then just stopped (didn't even drop it or anything). If I was you I'd jump on that R6. Never hurts to ask. Plus it's pretty easy to get a good price on something that is just taking up space and the owner clearly wouldn't miss.
Apr 12, 2016 2:16 PM

Nov 2014
masa95 said:

As is the story of many bikes. The previous owner of mine rode it 800 miles from brand new and then just stopped (didn't even drop it or anything). If I was you I'd jump on that R6. Never hurts to ask. Plus it's pretty easy to get a good price on something that is just taking up space and the owner clearly wouldn't miss.

Yeah, those are the best kind to buy. The problem is that I don't have enough money to buy it, even if I wanted to, and it's probably not paid for, if I had to guess. If I got an advance on my inheritance I guess I could, but the insurance would eat me alive as an unmarried, <25 male. Two or three years and I'd have racked up the cost of the bike in ins... >.> but f*** insurance, amirite ;)

Apr 12, 2016 2:34 PM

Feb 2016
lawlmartz said:
Yeah, those are the best kind to buy. The problem is that I don't have enough money to buy it, even if I wanted to, and it's probably not paid for, if I had to guess. If I got an advance on my inheritance I guess I could, but the insurance would eat me alive as an unmarried, <25 male. Two or three years and I'd have racked up the cost of the bike in ins... >.> but f*** insurance, amirite ;)

Here in Seattle, it's not illegal to not have insurance (doesn't mean it's still not a good idea). Mine costs $70 a month right now and I'm also under 25 and single. Just for shits and giggles I even got a quote on how much a Ninja 650R would cost me in insurance and they said $90 a month.
Apr 12, 2016 3:03 PM

Apr 2011
nooo baita

best girl is no longer here ._.
Apr 12, 2016 4:26 PM

Feb 2016
Valaskjalf said:
nooo baita

best girl is no longer here ._.

Give the series time and this

will become the new best grill.
Apr 13, 2016 1:32 AM

Mar 2011
Omg. Rin...that bike suit...Why are you doing this to me?
Apr 13, 2016 7:55 AM

Apr 2015
Hmmm...

No, not for me
Apr 13, 2016 9:20 AM

Sep 2013
Sad Rin backstory :( but it's alright at the end :)
New glasses chick and her butler win the chicken race.
And raita is is past her usefulness, will she be crapped? :(
Apr 13, 2016 12:44 PM

Oct 2014
lmfao I loved that

I wasn't to keen on this anime at first but I was a little interested to see what ep 2 had in store for me. But I wasn't expecting to enjoy it so much a laughed a bunch of times, and wow that troll at the beginning xD
Apr 13, 2016 1:05 PM

Jul 2009
I was sad thinking that Rin's dad was dead LOL I am glad he is okay, this episode was very fun!
Apr 13, 2016 6:14 PM

Mar 2016

No fear whatsoever. Raimu dragging knee in a skirt with strap on knee sliders.
Apr 13, 2016 8:02 PM

Jun 2014
Baita is such a player, he's been neutered so he can take all the virginity he wants
Apr 13, 2016 9:22 PM

Dec 2014
R.I.P Baita, You will be missed.

Rin's Dad is such a troll, Tricking her like that XD

Props to the Rin fanservice <3
Apr 14, 2016 4:36 AM
Mar 2012
Great backstory. How to brainwash a loli into a toxic fangirl.
Siberian internment?
Eyecatch, Rin's armpit.
Baita says some funny stuff
Rebel without a cause?
Apr 14, 2016 4:52 AM

Dec 2009
Lol, that Hijiri coming from a ritzy family going full rebel was great XD

This show is so weirdly awesome. I'm not a biker (at least not yet) i haven't really gotten around to getting a license, but i do understand what it's like to ride a motorbike. It's definitely on my list of things to do.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Apr 14, 2016 2:53 PM

Feb 2016
GenesisAria said:

This show is so weirdly awesome. I'm not a biker (at least not yet) i haven't really gotten around to getting a license, but i do understand what it's like to ride a motorbike. It's definitely on my list of things to do.

Move it up higher on the list. Summer is right around the corner. I'm itching to ride. Just another week and a half before I'm done fixing my steed.
Apr 14, 2016 3:21 PM

Dec 2009
masa95 said:
GenesisAria said:

Move it up higher on the list. Summer is right around the corner. I'm itching to ride. Just another week and a half before I'm done fixing my steed.
Gots no money. Sad times.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Apr 14, 2016 3:22 PM

Feb 2016
GenesisAria said:
masa95 said:

Gots no money. Sad times.

Ah yes. The greatest barrier to entry. Lame. I feel ya. I'm passed due for a cc upgrade but I don't have the money for that either.
Apr 14, 2016 4:53 PM
Apr 2016
Aversa said:
More Suzuki stories.
And the heretic made her appearance adding a sidecar to a Ducati how can someone even think of that!!

mv augusta f4 sidecars are awesome >.<
i do agree about the ducati
Apr 14, 2016 10:44 PM

Jun 2015
This should be a fun watch. But, if at least one of the girls doesn't get a speeding ticket by the end of season, I'll call fraud!
Apr 15, 2016 11:39 AM

Feb 2016
Scarm said:
This should be a fun watch. But, if at least one of the girls doesn't get a speeding ticket by the end of season, I'll call fraud!

A cop does not simply give Raimu-senpai a speeding ticket.
Apr 15, 2016 11:23 PM

Nov 2012
Shed a tear for Rin's past, then her dad makes want to spit on him.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Apr 16, 2016 4:22 AM
Feb 2016
I'm really enjoying this too.. which I did not expect, actually the one I most look forward too.
And I was seriously getting all teard up with Rin's "tragic" backstory.... then her dad showed up xD
Apr 16, 2016 10:49 AM

Jan 2016
Baita is the best girl of the series!
Apr 17, 2016 9:00 AM

Jun 2014
Rip Baita, you talking-neutered-dude-cycle thingy
Apr 17, 2016 2:04 PM

Oct 2008
"this is not Baita" Oh Hane is such an Chuuni!
Rin is very sexy on 11:17 scene!
Hane finally passed the training exam!
They've got their 5th (probable member). The rich girl! an ojou-sama side card bike girl!
4/5.

Apr 19, 2016 6:05 PM

Jun 2013
It truly blows my mind that such a cute and harmless series like this is getting shit on so badly!
Apr 24, 2016 1:24 PM

Dec 2012
Rin was just adorable the whole episode x3

RIP Baita
Apr 27, 2016 2:55 PM

Nov 2015
Rin was cute as a child, and they trolled us with the father accident lmao

May 2, 2016 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
Very funny episode, while lacking the view quality in the first episode, the designs have ups and downs, this small defect is compensated by the comical jokes and the very funny situations encountered during the narration. Excellent soundtrack, ditto for the CG motorcycle, pity for the animations and drawings. One gets the impression as if the episode was focused more on the figure of Hijiri on that of Hane and what hanging around.
I must also buy myself a nice bike, it's not like driving a car, that's why.
Jul 6, 2016 5:38 AM

May 2016
"I was born a man but I became a woman!" Ahahahhaha that cracked me!
This is the best signature ever
Jul 12, 2016 10:59 PM

Apr 2013
I just got insight on how I'd be as a dad. Except instead of bikes it would be cars.

And instead of Suzukis it would be Porsches.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jul 20, 2016 12:55 PM

May 2012
Lol that faked melodramatic start! Pretty fun episode in general especially liked that ending! Let's see what's next!
Dec 7, 2016 2:04 PM

Aug 2014
I did not see that one coming :

And lol :
Feb 6, 2017 3:03 PM

Feb 2009
Ok that Rin's past ridiculous. Especially her father. <.<
Dec 25, 2020 5:49 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice that she passed the motorcycle exam! it was really fun
Apr 19, 2022 1:12 PM

Jul 2016
Baita, my man girl. Neutered and all and he she can still take all the virginities he she wants.

And that Rin pic tho...
SouthRzVaApr 19, 2022 1:29 PM
Aug 7, 2023 10:05 AM

Dec 2022
This anime really likes to fool you with the "dead parents who aren't actually dead" thing.

Baita being training wheels for new bikers makes sense. A sentient, talking motorcycle with existing road knowledge would definitely be a crutch. She isn't kidding about taking "bike virginities".

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuon!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2016

87 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 7, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Bakuon!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2016

57 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 7, 2023 6:05 PM

Poll: » Bakuon!! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2016

45 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 7, 2023 5:36 PM

Poll: » Bakuon!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2016

63 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 7, 2023 5:03 PM

Poll: » Bakuon!! Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2016

49 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 7, 2023 1:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.