Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 10, 2016 7:40 PM

Jan 2015
Curious if its heavily focused on the female as it is a "Shojou", or if the two MC's are pretty much always together.

I also read that they kind of switched focus to the Male MC, which would be ideal.

No spoilers please, just let me know if the Male is pretty much always there, or if the female is more heavily focused on like in other Shojou such as Wolf Girl and the Black Prince or something.
"Make it flashier!" -Maid Chou Anime List
Apr 11, 2016 2:32 PM

Jan 2015
Bump............
Jun 1, 2016 4:22 PM

Dec 2015
Shôjô only means the primary target audience decided during the making of the show is "young girls" (= ~10-15). It isn't of any real significance since it is still the same old "coming-of-age" type of story as other shows featuring a boy as hero.

Dawnslicer said:

I also read that they kind of switched focus to the Male MC, which would be ideal.

No, it doesn't. The boy is from episode 2 to the end the second leading role alongside the heroine. When there must be "focus" on him, there is. But never to the girl's detriment: she is the heroine after all. Anyway, if both characters were'nt able to grow up through their adventure, it would be a bit sad.
Also, allow me to ask: why would it be ideal that an heroine in a heroic-fantasy story trades her importance with her male acolyte? Shouldn't a girl be able to bear this kind of tale too?
Jun 1, 2016 7:25 PM

Jan 2015

Thanks, already kind of got my answer, tried it out but i didnt like it too much right away so im putting it off for now and watching some other stuff.

Shojo is just most commonly a Female MC when MAL puts it as a genre though, and as the Shojou as a whole is meant for a female audience it is usually focused on the female, hence why i asked.

I dont like Female MC's often.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

maLakai - Jan 12, 2009

118 by Lockensocke »»
Apr 8, 12:23 AM

» Remember when people thought this was one of the greatest anime ever?

Schlockendale - Jan 13, 2022

17 by Lockensocke »»
Apr 7, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 25 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 22, 2009

22 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 24 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 22, 2009

36 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 23 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 21, 2009

37 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.