Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 9, 2016 8:33 PM

Jul 2012
i'm sure this is an old topic, since they all are. BUT

Have you ever been in a situation where you truly felt or thought you would actually die? It can be anything.

briefly: i was in an epic rollover accident on a 5 lane highway. Thankfully some off duty EMTs were right behind us and treated us immediately. Was haunted by nightmares for years. IMO i got off easy besides that scar thread. Arm is mangled.
Apr 9, 2016 8:48 PM

Sep 2014
When I was in High school, I literally thought I would die everyday going to school. I walked to school since it was only a good 10 minute walk, but High School students are the absolute biggest shits behind the wheel. I could recall about 7 times I almost got ran over because some idiot was trying to do drift on a lifted truck. Thankfully he glassed his rims when he lost control and hit a curb though.
Apr 9, 2016 8:49 PM

Sep 2015
Not anymore, I'm already dead inside....Look mum, I'm so edgy
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Apr 9, 2016 8:52 PM

Nov 2015
Short answer is yes.
Long answer is not something I talk about regularly.

Vor uns liegt MAL, in uns marschiert MAL, und hinter uns, kommt MAL!
Apr 9, 2016 8:57 PM

May 2015
No, I can't say I've had that experience in actuality. It's just been thoughts.
Apr 9, 2016 9:03 PM

Apr 2012
There was one time I saw what I thought was a gas leak in the utility room. False alarm, but holy crap that scared me.
Apr 9, 2016 9:04 PM

Aug 2015
Kewpie_doll said:

Have you ever been in a situation where you truly felt or thought you would actually die? It can be anything.

briefly: i was in an epic rollover accident on a 5 lane highway. Thankfully some off duty EMTs were right behind us and treated us immediately. Was haunted by nightmares for years. IMO i got off easy besides that scar thread. Arm is mangled.

i think about it all the time but what happens after death is not what i am afraid of im afraid in not going to rmember Street Fighter that why i am sacared of death
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2016 9:11 PM

Jan 2015
A couple times.

Once I was benchpressing for a one rep max (not trying to sound like a douche here lol) and I got it up but hit the rack by accident and lost all strength. I saw the bar coming down and it was going to land on my neck. I actually saw what people say "life flashing before your eyes" but thank god one of the football players grabbed it last second.

Another time(I wrote this in another thread out in entirely of what happened and what the situation was, but im too lazy to find it so make a long story short) I became depressed and had to make a change in myself. I thought that I really didn't care if I died and could see myself jumping in front of a bus.

Scary stuff.
the40ftbadger said:
i have palpable amounts of salt for FO4.
It's like a clown put on my dead dad's clothes and is running around my house going "LOOK I'M YOUR DAD, ISN'T THIS FUN?!?!"

Apr 9, 2016 9:15 PM

Jul 2012
deadright said:
Kewpie_doll said:

i think about it all the time but what happens after death is not what i am afraid of im afraid in not going to rmember Street Fighter that why i am sacared of death

Babality?

but yes, i'm serious. wasn't that Street Fighter? lol
Apr 9, 2016 9:30 PM

Feb 2016
No such luck up until now. Anyways there are more important things in life to think about than death.
Apr 9, 2016 9:34 PM

Mar 2008
I was swimming in the ocean and right while out there the tides got stronger and the area I was in was marked off as a place for people to not swim in which was marked off only after I was already out in the water. I got knocked underwater several times and when I came back up another wave came fast enough I could not get to catch my breath. I thought I was going to drown and then I just went calm while under the water since it felt peaceful but then I managed to get back to shore. I wasnt close to dying i probably had plenty of breath left but I psychologically had ran out.

That is the only one that was not caused by me.
Apr 9, 2016 9:40 PM

Oct 2015
Actually 2 times in my live, and they both happened this week. Its sad really.
Apr 9, 2016 9:41 PM

May 2012
I was walking in the ghetto and some guys were following me. I thought they were going to rob and kill me.
Apr 9, 2016 9:43 PM

Jul 2012
traed said:
I was swimming in the ocean and right while out there the tides got stronger and the area I was in was marked off as a place for people to not swim in which was marked off only after I was already out in the water. I got knocked underwater several times and when I came back up another wave came fast enough I could not get to catch my breath. I thought I was going to drown and then I just went calm while under the water since it felt peaceful but then I managed to get back to shore. I wasnt close to dying i probably had plenty of breath left but I psychologically had ran out.

:only not caused by me"
is too truw

high tide can be very dangerous.
Apr 9, 2016 9:48 PM

Mar 2008
PoeticJustice said:
I was walking in the ghetto and some guys were following me. I thought they were going to rob and kill me.

They were watching your ass as you walk.
Apr 9, 2016 9:54 PM

May 2012
traed said:
PoeticJustice said:

They were watching your ass as you walk.

it wasnt in prison or san fransisco so not likely.
Apr 9, 2016 9:57 PM

Nov 2015
We were busy taking mock exams a month ago in the classroom when we heard gunshots from outside. Considering the school/college attacks that had happened recently, it wasn't much of a stretch for all of us to, at least for a moment, speculate that this was a Taliban attack. And the gunshots weren't even that of a revolver or a pistol, it was a fucking klashinkov. For a moment there, I stopped writing and prepared myself to die. I was relaxed but who knows I would have remained relaxed if it were an actual attack?

Turns out it was the fucking principal firing a God damn klashinkov on the wall for no damn reason. I hate that guy!
Apr 10, 2016 1:05 AM

May 2015
I seriously didn't believe I'd survive the army. I was sure I'd shoot myself.

I'm also always on the brink of killing myself.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Apr 10, 2016 1:09 AM

Dec 2013
I once was surfing the mal forum and just reading all the random retarded topics. And I got cancer from them.
Apr 10, 2016 1:19 AM

Mar 2015
Though I was going to drown a couple of times, but then someone always saved me in the end.
Apr 10, 2016 1:36 AM

Feb 2011
yes, once when i was in kindergarten, i was 4 or 5 yo, i got injured while playing a silly game i had made up, lots of pain, some blood and a rush to the hospital, the worst part was the hospital(those fucks didn't use anesthesia while sewing the wound)
the though i could have died came later, during the event it was just a lot of pain and anger (anger with those sewing fucks, and with myself for being so stupid to be the one to have generated that situation)

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Apr 10, 2016 1:45 AM

Feb 2015
Nearly drowned, nearly overdosed a few times, insulted the wrong people a few times, been assaulted by a gang. I've had a few close calls. I bet I still die from something boring, after all of that.

TheBrainintheJar said:

Were you drafted?
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Apr 10, 2016 1:47 AM

Sep 2009
I haven't really been in such a situation, but my best friend got into a shoot-out with some hoodlums. He stopped chilling with druggies after that lol.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 10, 2016 2:20 AM

Aug 2015
I tried to end my own life multiple times in the past.

I don't really think about dying anymore. Everyone will die at some point anyway, there's no point worrying about that. I'll just try to live my life good enough so that I can rest in peace when my time comes.
Apr 10, 2016 2:24 AM

Jan 2016
I actually do recall one instance where I genuinely feared I wouldn't wake up the next morning. Chances are I was sick with something I'd never been sick with before, but I don't remember exactly.
Apr 10, 2016 2:26 AM

Sep 2015
Some time when I was about 14 I bit a lolli off the stick and it got stuck in my throat. Completely sealed off my windpipe and I couldn't get it loose. Ran out from the kitchen into the living room where my parents were before I managed to pop it out of my mouth.

My parents just asked me "The fuck are you doing?" before I explained what had happened. Choking is not fun.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Apr 10, 2016 3:55 AM

Apr 2008
I went to a rave 3 or 4 yrs ago n didn't make too smart of decisions and after I was coming down from it, I just had no saratonin (?) left in me n I was super depressed n thought that this was it. Good thing it didn't last for more than 2 days bc it could have been it, but nah.
Apr 10, 2016 4:35 AM

Dec 2015
I've nearly been killed 3 times. Once by a falling tree, once by a collapsing brick wall and once by an errant ballistic axe head. Each time I was mere feet from death. I never saw any of it coming so I guess I got lucky.

angrygirl said:
I went to a rave 3 or 4 yrs ago n didn't make too smart of decisions and after I was coming down from it, I just had no saratonin (?) left in me n I was super depressed n thought that this was it. Good thing it didn't last for more than 2 days bc it could have been it, but nah.

lol aww, you thought you were gonna die from a comedown :p
Apr 10, 2016 4:48 AM

Oct 2015
Apart from almost falling down the stairs once every few months, I can't really think of anything.
Apr 10, 2016 4:50 AM

Apr 2008
Bobby2Hands said:
I've nearly been killed 3 times. Once by a falling tree, once by a collapsing brick wall and once by an errant ballistic axe head. Each time I was mere feet from death. I never saw any of it coming so I guess I got lucky.

angrygirl said:

lol aww, you thought you were gonna die from a comedown :p

I really did !! It's never happened to me b4. :'( but it was mostly from how I was feeling n my thoughts towards myself rather than the actual comedown.
Apr 10, 2016 5:18 AM

Dec 2015
Yeah twice....
Once I was in the ocean and caught a wave back into shore but sliced my leg open on the way in and could swim back to the surface... Until my brother found me and dragged me in.

The other time my brothers and I were playing rugby in the back yard and I went to tackle one of them but hit my head on the floor... When I saw all the blood I was pretty sure I was going to die.

Good times....
Apr 10, 2016 5:24 AM

May 2014
I've never come close to dying tbh, I guess once I slipped on the stairs and hit the patio hard on my back and couldnt feel my body but that feeling passed after a minute. I doubt I would've died but it was a scary feeling.
I've been here way too long...
Apr 10, 2016 6:53 AM

Jul 2015
I almost skied into the a large tree at a high velocity, but I swerved at the land second so we gucci
Apr 10, 2016 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
I almost died on three different occasions. So close, but I guess the Grim Reaper was thinking each time "You know what, I change my mind. You good" lol
Apr 10, 2016 2:19 PM

Oct 2015
No, but once I had to be sedated to have my teeth worked on, I wasn't that concerned but I had read several stories of people dying from that so I was a little conceded, about it because that was the first (and so far only time) that anything like that has been done to me.

Another time I was in a plane and the was a ton of rain, lightning and turbulence and the plane was shaking like crazy and over half of the people in the plane were either praying or cursing. I was little concerned but I found it to be more fun than anything else because it was like a roller coaster, I trusted for the most part that the pilots would fly the plane okay (and they did) but I was still just a little concerned.

I live a pretty boring life, I've never been in a car accident, not that I want to though.
Apr 10, 2016 2:45 PM

Apr 2009
well i started my suicide attempt being 200% sure i was gonna end up dead? i was pretty confident about it up until the point where i realised the whole thing was going about 50x slower than i anticipated and that my plan was not going too gr8 generally either.

the only time i had that actual "o shit i'm gonna die now" feel was one time when i got really fucked up. mostly because the friend i was with came up with the idea of me dying first then i thought ''shit, she's right, i might die". was kinda weird, i didn't have my life flashing before my eyes or anything, just my mom's face lol and thinking 'i don't really wanna die on the street like some hobo'.
(i wasn't actually likely to die at all, i just thought i was)
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Apr 10, 2016 2:48 PM

Sep 2015
traed said:

I also have a high tide story. Me and my siblings were at the beach (None of us could swim at the time) and because it was getting late, we decided to go in the water one last time before packing up. We got in but then out of nowhere this tide sucked us out further than what we could stand in. Because none of us could reach the ground we all thought that we were going to die. Luckily I stupid enough that at the time I thought that if i grabbed both of my siblings hands we would be light enough to float back.
What actually happened was that the extra weight made me touch the floor and I panicked and accidentally kicked our way foward a bit. Once I realized what I did, I kept repeating it until we could walk our way back to safety.
I still hate the beach.

Rarity is Best Pony!
Apr 10, 2016 3:28 PM

May 2015
Caelidesu said:
Nearly drowned, nearly overdosed a few times, insulted the wrong people a few times, been assaulted by a gang. I've had a few close calls. I bet I still die from something boring, after all of that.

TheBrainintheJar said:

Were you drafted?

Oh boy you're a bad motherfucker.

Yes. I live in Israel and we all have to join the army.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Apr 10, 2016 4:14 PM
Jul 2018
When I had pneumonia, yes. Had this notion that I would choke on my own phlegm in my sleep, I literally had to snooze upright, or else I would literally choke on it. That was the sickest I have ever been in my life, part of me wishes I did die a bit so I didn't have to go through the ordeal, recovery took weeks initially, and the months after I still did not feel as upbeat as I used to.
Apr 10, 2016 5:41 PM

Jul 2012
Chaconne said:
No, but I have had a near-death experience behind the wheel. Almost everyone has though, I think.

well i agree to a certain extent, but i know rolling over lanes of highway was extremely traumatic

i basically view cars as death machines lol

tx for the nice responses peoplee

More topics from this board

» Is fanart cheating?

spaceslut - Mar 5, 2023

27 by Absurdo_N »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » strawberry, chocolate or banana milk?

bobbysalmon - Apr 17

21 by Vendicator »»
50 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

17 by ISeeLifePeople »»
1 hour ago

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - Today

17 by ISeeLifePeople »»
1 hour ago

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - Apr 16

32 by KenaiPhoenix »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.