Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 9, 2016 9:30 AM

Aug 2015
Whats the point of this show?
I haven't read the manga, I've only watched the first episode.
What is the show going to be about? Will it be just an episodic quirky sketches like in the first episode, or will it have an actual plot in the future?
Apr 9, 2016 9:32 AM

Apr 2014
it doesn't really have a plot but in one of the chapters, sakamoto saves kubota (the chubby guy) from getting bullied, but dunno if it counts
Apr 9, 2016 9:54 AM

Aug 2015
kirisakitrash said:
it doesn't really have a plot but in one of the chapters, sakamoto saves kubota (the chubby guy) from getting bullied, but dunno if it counts

Thanks for the quick reply
Apr 9, 2016 10:26 AM

Mar 2014
It's all about how cool Sakamoto is. Comedy and slice of life shows don't actually need a plot to be good, they just need to be funny and interesting.
Apr 9, 2016 12:22 PM

Sep 2013
Was there a point where people suddenly forgot about the concept of SoL and gag comedy?
This show's premise is made very clear in the show's name, the introduction and the opening theme. If you're expecting deep convoluted plotlines, go watch another show.
Apr 9, 2016 1:05 PM

May 2009
ArtemisFlow said:
Was there a point where people suddenly forgot about the concept of SoL and gag comedy?
This show's premise is made very clear in the show's name, the introduction and the opening theme. If you're expecting deep convoluted plotlines, go watch another show.

I think it's actually a thing. Some anime watchers can't stand episodic shows or call episodes where nothing much or set up/foreshadowing/build up happens "fillers" even if show is anime original or episode is same in source material.
Apr 9, 2016 1:07 PM

Nov 2014
Did you not see how cool Sakamoto is?

Apr 9, 2016 1:12 PM

Dec 2015
bastek66 said:
ArtemisFlow said:

I think it's actually a thing. Some anime watchers can't stand episodic shows or call episodes where nothing much or set up/foreshadowing/build up happens "fillers" even if show is anime original or episode is same in source material.

Yeah some people on MAL don't seem to get the point of comedies and complain that they lack plot and character development. I've actually seen people complain about the gag ending of Panty and Stocking, completely missing the joke altogether.
Apr 9, 2016 1:17 PM

Oct 2014
EdHaku said:
It's all about how cool Sakamoto is. Comedy and slice of life shows don't actually need a plot to be good, they just need to be funny and interesting.

and that excuses them repeating the exact same jokes?
sakamoto desu ga is funny b y now but i read the manga and now it will get stale and unfunny pretty fast
Apr 9, 2016 1:18 PM

Oct 2014
ExTamplier said:
Did you not see how cool Sakamoto is?

if he did not he will have 12 more episodes to see the exact same thing
Apr 9, 2016 1:23 PM

Apr 2008
It is about Sakamoto being stylish as fuck and other students trying to stop his stylishness.
Apr 9, 2016 1:29 PM

Dec 2012
bastek66 said:
ArtemisFlow said:

Filler isn't exclusive to adaptations nor is it an anime exclusive term. The original meaning of the term is just to fill and pad, so they are not wrong. For example a lot of chapters in Nisekoi are filler.
Apr 11, 2016 1:41 AM

Aug 2014
Yo show of the greatness that is Swagamoto. In other words, this is just a comedy. Don't expect some deep, complex, 10-dimensional plot or anything like that.
Apr 11, 2016 1:46 AM
Oct 2013
People nowadays are waaay too serious and lacks any sense of humor. The anime is comedy through and through and obviously wouldn't have a super-deep plot. Expectation and priorities done wrong.
Apr 11, 2016 12:19 PM

Jul 2013
gabrielrroiz said:
EdHaku said:

sakamoto desu ga is funny b y now but i read the manga and now it will get stale and unfunny pretty fast

one punch man is in the top20 in both the manga and the anime rankings... so yes, MAL doesn't care about repeating the same joke.

it's been a while since i've read sakamoto but i enjoyed it. i'm not sure if i'll watch the anime tho...
Apr 11, 2016 12:25 PM

Oct 2014
Simar said:
gabrielrroiz said:

one punch man is in the top20 in both the manga and the anime rankings... so yes, MAL doesn't care about repeating the same joke.

it's been a while since i've read sakamoto but i enjoyed it. i'm not sure if i'll watch the anime tho...

One punch did that with amazing animation that is why everyone loved it
Do you think deem can pull the same thing?
Apr 11, 2016 12:34 PM

Jul 2013
the animation of OPM wasn't that good. it was great when you think of the budget it had but it was nothing compared to ufotables animation (and it was definitely not amazing).

i have only seen few deen anime hence i'm not sure what they are capable of but to erase a misunderstanding: i'm not saying that sakamoto will be as big as OPM. i just wanted to comment on your statement "and that excuses them repeating the exact same jokes?" since that's not an (working) argument on MAL
Apr 11, 2016 3:10 PM

Aug 2015
Guyz! GUYZ! Chill! Its not like I don't like episodic comedy! Its just that at the moment I want something more serious.
Apr 12, 2016 8:21 AM
Oct 2013
Simar said:
the animation of OPM wasn't that good. it was great when you think of the budget it had but it was nothing compared to ufotables animation (and it was definitely not amazing).

ಠ_ಠ

From my perspective OPM and Fate (Ufotable animation, better than the former) have top-notch animation quality. If both are "not amazing" and "wasn't that good" then can you give us an anime that has "amazing" animation?
Apr 12, 2016 8:51 AM

Aug 2014
SigOpram said:
Simar said:

ಠ_ಠ

From my perspective OPM and Fate (Ufotable animation, better than the former) have top-notch animation quality. If both are "not amazing" and "wasn't that good" then can you give us an anime that has "amazing" animation?

Every single Ghibli
Apr 12, 2016 9:24 AM
Oct 2013
KingMaoTheOne said:

Every single Ghibli

I guess your "animation" is different from my "animation".
Apr 12, 2016 10:04 AM

Jul 2013
SigOpram said:
Simar said:

ಠ_ಠ

didn't notice that my sentence could be misunderstood..^^
Simar said:
the animation of OPM wasn't that good. it was great when you think of the budget it had but it was nothing compared to ufotables animation (and the animation of OPM was definitely not amazing).
Apr 12, 2016 10:32 AM

Apr 2014
If you don't have any sense of humor then the show is not for you. Plot is something lame and I don't think there will be a good plot but who cares as long as there is comedy? That is the point of this show.
fistyoursoulApr 12, 2016 10:36 AM
Apr 12, 2016 9:48 PM

Jun 2014
Doesn't need plot because he's Sakamoto.
Apr 12, 2016 10:00 PM

Mar 2014
Haven't you heard?
Apr 13, 2016 2:32 PM

Sep 2012
Haven't you heard? It's all about how stylish, cool and suave Sakamoto-kun is. There is no need for a show as intentionally camp and carefree as Sakamoto desu ga? to have a plot when its goal is to serve laughs. Boy, does it serve a lot of them too.
May 7, 2016 6:34 AM

Jun 2010
Yup, not every show needs a plot, as long as it interesting or funny.
But I may need 13 episodes to find out how cool Sakamoto is, now he's just weird. :D Okay he's cool every now and then, but still I get these dafuq moments. :DD So I guess the show works on me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2016 1:03 AM

Aug 2013
I think, most of you don't understand one simple thing.
I don't believe that 'most of people lacks in humour nowadays' or 'can't stand a show without plot'
It's totally different, for example, I love slice of life series, especially if first part is sol and second contains a (more serious / drama/ melodrama) plot, like every Key's production.
But I totally don't mind full sol or comedy shows (or both in one) as you can see in my list (even in this season, which is a paradise for every sol lovers).
The thing is this specific type of comedy, it's super repetitive, it doesn't present anything besides comedy (gags in every single second of episode) , characrers lacks in their personalities (usually except main guy) and it's just tiring and boring for some people (like me), it would be great as short imo, like other similar shows (OPM is a good example too).
So don't tell me that it's a problem with people who can't stand comedy or sol shows, because it's doesn't.
rsc-plJun 4, 2016 1:09 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 4, 2016 1:31 AM

Dec 2014
It's about a guy who is coll inside out no matter what he do no one can outdo him... pretty comical yet interesting to watch
Jun 27, 2016 1:19 AM

Sep 2015
this dude is like the Chuck Norris of Japan that's all I have to say. I mean come on he needle fought a bee. Still unsure about this series looking to be a 6 at the moment.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Jul 1, 2016 10:24 AM

Sep 2015
Nothing. It's just a one season shit, everyone will forget it in a week..
Jul 5, 2016 2:49 PM

Aug 2012
Wow there are people that believe that one season shows are somehow inferior. There are plenty of one season and one cour shows that I've liked just as much as longer series.
Jul 5, 2016 7:29 PM

Nov 2011
Heldengeist said:
Nothing. It's just a one season shit, everyone will forget it in a week..

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Madoka, Steins gate, Angel Beats, and many other fan fav anime are one season shows, while at the same time there are trash like DXD, Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE, getting multiple shitty seasons?

Back on original topic. Aria series do exist, without plot whatsoever, and people are willing to accept and enjoy that. It just takes the right mindset.
leiwu1991Jul 5, 2016 7:33 PM
"His (Lancer's from fate zero) end is also very anticlimactic. I mean as soon as he gets betrayed, he kills himself, and yeah." ---- Rorico's Hipster Gang
Jul 7, 2016 3:54 AM

Sep 2015

I was a bit drunk and upset when I wrote that, and an incompetent review moderator and a certain Sakamoto desu ga review was involved.

And by one season I didn't mean the length. I meant that it was liked during the spring season (that one season) and by the end of the current summers season, no one gives a damn about that. But I keep up my opinion that Sakamoto was far from a good and memorable show.
Jul 12, 2016 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
There's a theory about Sakamoto though, so I'd recommend you to look that up when you finish the anime. It makes the anime so much deeper.
Jul 18, 2016 1:54 AM

May 2008
gabrielrroiz said:

No. "Everyone" love it because they are misunderstanding show and think it's a shounen fight instead of gag anime...
Jul 22, 2016 8:57 AM

Oct 2014
Haou-Judai said:
gabrielrroiz said:

No. "Everyone" love it because they are misunderstanding show and think it's a shounen fight instead of gag anime...

It actually works both as a fighting shonen and as a episodic comedy

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakamoto desu ga? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

478 by CrazzyNerd »»
Yesterday, 1:03 PM

Poll: » Sakamoto desu ga? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

286 by Roronoa_Zolo12 »»
Apr 3, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Sakamoto desu ga? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

122 by Artromex »»
Mar 25, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Sakamoto desu ga? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

132 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 14, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Sakamoto desu ga? Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

160 by crazymango »»
Jan 16, 1:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.