Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 9, 2016 5:21 PM

Nov 2014
That maid and her voice... I kinda remember an episode of sore ga seiyuu when hearing her voice...@.@

Nothing to talk about even if it is a setup episode 2/5
Apr 9, 2016 6:54 PM

Jan 2015
Just a buildup episode, Flora was more annoying than she was in the LN...probably because of her voice.

Really liked how they showed Ayato being in shock hearing about his sister's loss. Hope best girl makes an appearance soon.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 9, 2016 7:03 PM

Jan 2016
So we learned his sister is alive and thats it. Oh and the maid loli came. Not a fan of this episode and I am pretty laid back anime watcher.

Although I liked finding out about his sister I don't care that the President is going to target the loli now-easily what that episode was leading to at the end.
Apr 9, 2016 7:13 PM

Nov 2014
RayAdha said:
Ugh Flora's voice, it's like the voice actress was forcing herself too hard to be cute-voiced the whole time

Teeth gritting.

RayAdha said:
...and Dirk is a....lolicon? or has maid fetish?

He is supposed to be a bad guy and what could be badder than chasing children in subservient clothing?
Apr 9, 2016 8:23 PM

Mar 2013
>insert comment how Flora's voice is so annoying.
Apr 9, 2016 8:49 PM
Aug 2012
xSkipi said:

Nothing happened in this episode :(

- We learned more about Julis and her personality and about her acquaintances
- We had a glimpse of the personality of Julis's brother and he is NOT irrelevant
- Ayato found out more about Haruka and we got a glimpse that she may be involved in something big
- We learned more about Asterisk's dark side
- We saw that previous characters are NOT irrelevant and will play small part like this time to time

There was also the weird reason for Dirk giving Ayato one-sided information and getting almost nothing(from 3rd person's POV) in return and he may be planning something as well.

How does all this development and build-up amount no NOTHING? Not every episode is supposed to be mindless fighting.

Apr 9, 2016 8:54 PM

Aug 2008
Just a set up episode. Nothing interesting.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 9, 2016 9:09 PM

Apr 2010
It's still worse than Rakudai.
Apr 9, 2016 10:40 PM
Jan 2013
Flora´s voice was so good :)
Apr 9, 2016 10:54 PM

May 2014
Hmm... Nice voice
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 10, 2016 12:36 AM

Sep 2015
I think Flora's voice is not done by voice actress but produce by some program?
Apr 10, 2016 12:44 AM

Sep 2013
surprised to see an episode with no fights, but the good thing is the buildup of the story......
our MC is getting a handful of Lolis in his harem atm :P
Apr 10, 2016 12:45 AM

Sep 2013
Mormegil said:
Flora's voice is absolutely grating. It's a shame.

If Claudia is only going to show up during the preview of each episode, this is going to be one lame season. At least the red-head sisters returned for a little bit.

i can't bear this idea of putting Claudia episode from the start of this season...at least she is one of the main casts...
Apr 10, 2016 12:52 AM
Aug 2012
fortuna89 said:

Flora is a legit kid though........

Apr 10, 2016 12:54 AM

Sep 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
fortuna89 said:

Flora is a legit kid though........

i am glad to see some new fresh faces in this 2nd season ^^
Apr 10, 2016 1:58 AM

Dec 2015
Maid is annoying. I hope she won't get that much screentime in the future. Could ruin the otherwise decent anime. So far all the action was nice and the non-action stuff was tolerable because there weren't a lot of annoying chars with much screentime.

Dirk Eberwein seems interesting. Hoping to see more of him. He does not seem like a bad guy.
Apr 10, 2016 2:08 AM

Dec 2015
Milk_is_Special said:
Floras voice is so fucking annoying. I hope she gets killed somewhere in the following episodes!

But shes so cute D:
Apr 10, 2016 3:14 AM

Apr 2014
Robiiii said:
Milk_is_Special said:
Floras voice is so fucking annoying. I hope she gets killed somewhere in the following episodes!

But shes so cute D:
Nah, she's just annoying.
Apr 10, 2016 3:36 AM
Apr 2016
I really enjoyed the first two continuing episodes of this anime for the new Spring season ^^

I've been looking forward to the arrival and start of it so much ever since the end of season 1 last season ^^

I just knew I was gonna really end up enjoying it still and just as much as what I did the first season ^^
Apr 10, 2016 3:37 AM

Oct 2015
RayAdha said:
Ugh Flora's voice, it's like the voice actress was forcing herself too hard to be cute-voiced the whole time.

Nice to see Irene and her sister again.

The voice could have been better.
Mormegil said:

If Claudia is only going to show up during the preview of each episode, this is going to be one lame season.

This was a pretty boring bridge episode with nothing much happening.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Apr 10, 2016 5:19 AM

Feb 2014
I find Flora to be really adorable. Shame that her voice doesn't suit her at all though. D=

Still, this was basically a set-up episode, with added comedy moments and multiple blushes from julis too.

I still find LeWolf to be unlikable, but I do approve of the Rolls Royce Phantom limo that he travels in. =D

Still, he had good info about the only time he saw Ayato's sister, Haruka. In the underground Festa, she did lose to her opponent, but didn't die. With that being the case, then did someone helped her recover back to normal(?) and are now using her for something that we don't know of yet? If this season is able to answer my question, then that would be great. =)
Apr 10, 2016 7:26 AM

Jun 2013
man her voice what the fuck!
Apr 10, 2016 7:52 AM

Dec 2014
OK that was lot of talking and background fill up in this episode. I hope they cover more material on his sister's background. For a brother he does not look too concerned
Apr 10, 2016 8:26 AM

Sep 2013
Axelucard said:
man her voice what the fuck!

At first is cute, but later onward is fucking annoying
Apr 10, 2016 9:01 AM

Nov 2015
I would say this was a welcome change for me, no tournament stuff in this one.
Although the first half was boring, we got some insight on the Asterisk beside the fiestas.

Now just waiting for the next fight, the twins are sure in for a 'in your face' defeat lol.
Apr 10, 2016 9:19 AM

Apr 2010
Mormegil said:
Flora's voice is absolutely grating. It's a shame.

I felt like killing her every time she spoke. It was so annoying. But I wonder why Tyrant is interested in her...

Apr 10, 2016 10:09 AM
Aug 2012
ibraheem234 said:
OK that was lot of talking and background fill up in this episode. I hope they cover more material on his sister's background. For a brother he does not look too concerned

On the contrary Ayato was quite shocked and barely able to talk afterwards........did you miss Ayato's expression for some reason? That showed quite well that he is worried and concerned.

Not to mention last episode Ayato's expression darkened at the mention of his sister and this episode he asked for a meeting with Dirk because he wanted to find out about his sister. Also they had 2 consecutive matches and he did that at the first chance he got some free time. How the hell is that not being too concerned?

Apr 10, 2016 10:25 AM
Feb 2015
flora va
not sure i like or not
chill ep tho
Apr 10, 2016 10:58 AM

Dec 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
ibraheem234 said:

On the contrary Ayato was quite shocked and barely able to talk afterwards........did you miss Ayato's expression for some reason? That showed quite well that he is worried and concerned.

Not to mention last episode Ayato's expression darkened at the mention of his sister and this episode he asked for a meeting with Dirk because he wanted to find out about his sister. Also they had 2 consecutive matches and he did that at the first chance he got some free time. How the hell is that not being too concerned?

I agree with you but in the first season he hardly ever mentioned his sister that's why he looked a bit unconcerned when suddenly everything started popping out
Apr 10, 2016 11:11 AM
Aug 2012
ibraheem234 said:

I agree with you but in the first season he hardly ever mentioned his sister that's why he looked a bit unconcerned when suddenly everything started popping out

Because he had no lead to work with.....think about it, she has been missing for 5 years and the only lead Ayato's family had was the information Claudia gave them recently. Even Claudia with her information network couldn't find out much about Haruka not to mention her information had been deleted.

Not moping around 24/7 is not the same as not being concerned........he had 5 years for that. He is trying to live his own life but he took the first chance he got about finding any information about his sister. Remember that he asked Claudia about looking into it as well back in episode 11?

Also Ayato had an unshakable belief that his sister was very strong and wherever she was she will be okay, that's why Dirk information about Haruka losing and her conditions being unknown came as a bigger shock. Once again just because he put up an easy going attitude most of the time does not mean he is unconcerned about her sister. It's quite clear from Ayato's expression in these 2 episodes.

Apr 10, 2016 11:33 AM

Dec 2014
Because he had no lead to work with.....think about it, she has been missing for 5 years and the only lead Ayato's family had was the information Claudia gave them recently. Even Claudia with her information network couldn't find out much about Haruka not to mention her information had been deleted.

Not moping around 24/7 is not the same as not being concerned........he had 5 years for that. He is trying to live his own life but he took the first chance he got about finding any information about his sister. Remember that he asked Claudia about looking into it as well back in episode 11?

Also Ayato had an unshakable belief that his sister was very strong and wherever she was she will be okay, that's why Dirk information about Haruka losing and her conditions being unknown came as a bigger shock. Once again just because he put up an easy going attitude most of the time does not mean he is unconcerned about her sister. It's quite clear from Ayato's expression in these 2 episodes.[/quote]
OK I get your point of view
Apr 10, 2016 12:20 PM

Jun 2014
Damn, I do NOT like Flora's voice.

But now the mystery deepens...
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Apr 10, 2016 1:10 PM

Mar 2015
This anime quickly getting an annoying vibe from an annoying anime cliche.

First girl always got screen time, supporting characters like Claudia or Kirin becoming accessories to boost sales, and so much more cringeworthy harem cliche.

Totally not enjoying the second season. The only reason I picked this up was only for Kirin... and nooo there's not much of her anyway. Might as well jump off this harem shipwreck anime.

Apr 10, 2016 1:14 PM
Apr 2014
Hmm really was hoping for more than a setup for the next episodes. I wonder what that question of the tyrant was about and why did Ayato react so strongly to it.
Apr 10, 2016 1:21 PM

Dec 2012
Flora's voice is so annoying ><. Ayato is really blind, how he can't understand the feelings of Julis.

Gintoki's VA is so good.
Apr 10, 2016 1:57 PM

Jul 2013
[/quote]
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Patureau said:

Also, it amuses me how Ayato's cunning can go from To Love ru protagonist to Tyrion Lannister in a blink of an eye.. I guess the writers need the story to move along.

Ayato was already shown as being smart, perceptive and quick-witted several times. Just because he is slow when it comes to women doesn't really change that fact. Smart people doesn't always have be womanizers or playboys. Pay attention and stop judging characters solely based on their interaction with women......

jirachi3x said:
The mc's roomate obviously is with rewolf.

The first season already showed that Yabuki is related to Seidoukan's intelligence division not LeWolf/ReWolf.........his talks with Claudia proves that. He also has a cool title but that's for later times.

Never said he isnt intelligent... being inteligent and cunning are two different things, he may be smart when it comes to battle tactics and stuff like that... but reading and manipulating people its clearly not his strenght... unless it suits the script as I said... he doesnt have to be a womanizer to understand what goes through a girls mind... picking up girls its not the same of just realizing what they are thinking... Someone as "smart" as Ayato when it comes to knowing what Dirk thinks, a guy clearly well suited in the arts of politics and social manipulation, should have no problem realizing such obvious advances from the girls around him... not necessarily taking any action, but the very least he should absolutely realize what's going on

I never solely judged him on his interactions with woman, I judged him on the discrepancy between his regular interactions with women and the ones he had when the plot needed to be moved along, both with women and man
Apr 10, 2016 2:03 PM

Aug 2015
Agree with those who think Flora's voice is annoying. The episode ok, at least it was a nice set up for the next episode.
Apr 10, 2016 3:09 PM

Feb 2015
rather slow episode but still enjoyable. Have to say this anime has an awesome soundtrack, the ED is excellent.
Apr 10, 2016 6:56 PM

Aug 2014
Flora's voice is so high-pitched! This will take some time getting used to. But still, we've learned about Julis having an older brother now which is interesting. I don't remember if it was mentioned before now.

I had a feeling there was a more brutal kind of festa. To be honest I was a bit disappointed that a battle is over once someone's badge is cut. Seems like the people who created Eclipse had similar sentiments.

Ayato was pretty shocked that his sister lost. He probably saw her as an indomitable figure and hearing about her failure might have a huge mental impact on him.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Apr 10, 2016 8:33 PM

Oct 2011
Oh damn his sister was in an underground Festa OMG
Apr 10, 2016 10:21 PM
Aug 2012
Patureau said:

Someone as "smart" as Ayato when it comes to knowing what Dirk thinks, a guy clearly well suited in the arts of politics and social manipulation, should have no problem realizing such obvious advances from the girls around him... not necessarily taking any action, but the very least he should absolutely realize what's going on.

What obvious advances? It looks obvious to us because we have watched several harem or romance animes but the MC hasn't done that has he?

With Julis, they are pretty good friends (well at this point it's more than friends) and they have their usual interactions with Julis with her getting fired up time to time and Ayato calming her down.

Claudia started with teasing even though Ayato only met her just that day. He can't be sure whether she is serious or just teasing him.

Saya is the childhood friend who lacks common sense and her deadpan expression makes any of her attempts fail hard.

Kirin's case is a typical case of "Sempai Notice Me" gone wrong badly considering how shy she is.

Ayato isn't supposed to think that every girl blushing at him is in love with him is he now? Considering how he grew up and the last 5 years he mostly had to train on his own and deal with several things (his sister disappeared, Saya moved away and his father being strict), it's not really unusual that he isn't used to stuff like advances and love.

But Ayato clearly shows some attraction towards Julis but as they have their hands full, love is a secondary concern.

Patureau said:

I never solely judged him on his interactions with woman, I judged him on the discrepancy between his regular interactions with women and the ones he had when the plot needed to be moved along, both with women and man

His regular interaction aren't any different though......he doesn't blush at every second (even though the anime added some extra blushing), doesn't have problems being touchy-feely to a certain extent, the only few times he reacted are situations anyone would normally react. So no it's not that much different.

A pair of boobs surprise attacking him time to time is hardly a normal situation. And Ayato isn't supposed to take every girl blushing at him as being in love with him either. There isn't much discrepancy there, it only shows up when people needs to make pointless complains.
Dragon_Slayer_XApr 10, 2016 10:28 PM

Apr 11, 2016 3:40 AM

Dec 2011
Didn't even follow this series, but will watch this episode just to hear how annoying that green-haired character sounds.
Apr 11, 2016 4:35 AM
Apr 2012
RayAdha said:

Dirk couldn't care less if Flora was a little girl who wasn't enrolled in any of the schools. But the moment his secretary mentions she's wearing a maid uniform, the guy literally goes:

"Tell me more about her."

The dramatic close-up, head turn, and intimidating voice just make this all the more comedic.
Apr 11, 2016 7:17 AM
Jan 2013
The new girl was annoying! seriously the CRINGE!
Apr 11, 2016 8:13 AM

May 2009
You know, I actually think Flora's voice suits that character style... I even have this other character I feel she'd be a nice choice for :v mind you, character is not annoying but cute as fuck. That aside, she's not even listed in the character profile, guess she's a newcomer??

Anyways, loved the "rivals" scene, and Ayato was like "Why are you looking at me?" He'd make a good contender for Ichika's densest character ever :v and I could see him pulling a Kodaka if someone ever confesses
Apr 11, 2016 7:46 PM

Dec 2013
I had to check back on this series just to see if they could top Waiting for the Rain lol.
Apr 12, 2016 8:56 AM

Jul 2012
So much said about Flora's voice so don't need add anymore. What i want to say how bland the mc's character is, i mean the stereotype is ordinary highschool boy, but even with ordinary the mc should be, he most likely has something special which i don't see in Ayato at all. Well i hope that it can improve somehow but i highly doubt that something crazy will happen.
Apr 12, 2016 10:12 AM

Feb 2009
I don't much like Flora's voice either but OK...

So atleast his sister probably isn't dead.

Apr 12, 2016 11:46 PM

Nov 2008
OH MY FUCKING GOD, I really hope Flora doesn't appear a lot because her voice is so god damn irritating, makes me want to cap her ass.
Apr 13, 2016 12:08 AM

Sep 2015
Flora is probably the most in insufferable voice I've heard in a long time. Dear lord I really hope she's very limited on lines. Obvious comic relief is obvious. Expected a set up episode got a nails on the chalkboard minor character introduced.

Credit goes to the guys at Minimalistic-Animoo Deviantart Group for the vectors.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

151 by AttackONSUS »»
Jan 26, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

79 by vadoyager7 »»
Aug 15, 2023 6:28 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2016

77 by vadoyager7 »»
Jul 24, 2023 10:33 PM

» How did you feel about this series as a whole?

sorames - Jun 9, 2023

31 by ejleon »»
Jun 12, 2023 4:21 AM

» Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Season 3 ( 1 2 )

GoldenGamerHD - Dec 3, 2017

50 by VidipSarkar123 »»
Jun 6, 2023 12:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.