Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 9, 2016 10:27 AM

Jul 2009
Could probably skip this entire episode and you'd miss just about nothing, or could be summed up in one sentence eitherway you'd be better off, was 2/5
Apr 9, 2016 10:35 AM

Jul 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
The shitty loli maid has an annoying voice...

Yes, yes she does, my ears fcking hurt whenever she fcking talks (not joking)
Apr 9, 2016 10:40 AM
Jul 2018
I liked the maid's voice .-.
Apr 9, 2016 10:48 AM
Dec 2015
The Maid's voice was seriously annoying. But the episode broke even with Irene being a touch deredere when talking to Ayato, and the background on what happened to Haruka. Since that is going to be the pay off later.
I'm not just a Tsundere, I am THE Tsundere.
Apr 9, 2016 10:50 AM

Sep 2014
Decent episode I guess.
Flora. .uh .. well she's something. Her voice is not fitting at all imo, and it's just trying way to hard and is too squeaky. Kind of ruins the character, which is sad since her design is pretty cute.

Highlight for me was Korona. Now SHE was adorbs! aaaaaa
Apr 9, 2016 10:51 AM
Aug 2012
Surprisingly they are progressing rather steadily, i thought they are going to finish volume 4 in 3 episodes but looks like it could very well take 4 episodes and continue on to the next volume (it's quite easy to do as well). I hope they don't shorten the next fight and keep up the same quality like episode 13.

Also lol at the complains at this being a boring episode because it focused on the main characters inside of the less important ones or random fanservice. We get more insight on Julis and some cute moments from her (and still no violence........other tsunderes should learn from her) and also learned more about Haruka's situation and that she could have involved in something very dangerous. Also Dirk is as awesome as ever and it was pretty cool as how Ayato and he handled each other instead of either side getting heated. Now what could he be planning next?

Well Flora's VA choice isn't really good tbh........she was supposed to be rather polite in the LN unless i am remembering wrong. Guess they just wanted to portray her as a very energetic kid...........

Apr 9, 2016 11:02 AM

Nov 2009
Oh, so I'm sooo not the only one who had painful time having to listening to Flora's voice.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 9, 2016 11:10 AM

Sep 2014
Pretty boring episode tbh. Flora sounds like she had a dick stuck in her throat the whole episode. Like how do you expect me to listen to that?
Apr 9, 2016 11:12 AM

Mar 2012
Looks like we all agree that Flora's voice is a drill that pierce our ears.

Rest of the chapter kinda meh, it always seems funny to me when adolescents go this "mafia" kind of mood talking, for the rest not much to say.

BTW the "colling" part almost killed me, and now that i recall, animes don't seem to be good at making english signs xD
Waifus only represent ideals
Apr 9, 2016 11:20 AM

Dec 2013
Julis' brother is a Wing-King. Always wanted to say that :P
And seriously, like others have mentioned, Flora's voice was godawful on the ears. Nothing in the LN stated her voice was suppose to be this shrill. As a fan of the novels, I really think they picked the wrong Seiyuu to do her voice.. I wish they would have used Uchida Maaya instead...

Overall there wasn't much to say about the episode in general. This wasn't even the calm before the storm. If I were to describe it, it should be... the calm before THAT calm.... We get to learn a bit more about the Eclipse, a bit about Julis' background and then of course Dirk finds out about Flora (with implications of course).... For the preparations for the JieLong match, that'll come next week. Once again, I'm glad they're taking their time to adapt as much as they can of this show. another 3 Volumes for 12 Episodes suites me just fine.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 9, 2016 11:22 AM

Jun 2014
I'm not gonna bother complaining about Flora's annoying voice because everyone has already said what I wanted to say. All I can say is that I agree with everyone else, that voice is beyond frustrating to listen to.

We got some hints about Ayato's sister possibly being alive, but other than that, I didn't find this to be an engaging episode. I was quite bored at times, and I spaced out a bit. I'm sure I didn't really miss anything of major importance though.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 9, 2016 11:53 AM
Jul 2018
I might have to agree, Flora's voice is one of the most annoying voices I've ever had recently, and last time I had an annoying voice bleeding my own ears was a year ago. But oh well. It's a matter to get used to it.

Surprising the episode got to the second half to explain about Ayato's sister. Finally I've been waiting for this, and no wonder, that compared to the Phoenix Festa, the first glance of Episode 1 of Season 1 had much more of a violent vibe to this, which explains why in Phoenix Festa nobody gets badly injured. The other festa has no rules, which results to the options explained by the fat guy.

Quite decent episode, not gonna lie. Although I did laughed when Flora was offering the parfait to Ayato after Julis ate it with the spoon Lmao. Tsunderes never changes.
Apr 9, 2016 11:58 AM

May 2015
Flora is adorable, but damn, that voice had a high pitch. Slower episode this time, but I didn't mind. Second half got really interesting.

Apr 9, 2016 12:05 PM
Jul 2018
Flora is adorable and I don't really mind about her voice.
Apr 9, 2016 12:10 PM

Jun 2015
Great episode. Each one makes me like Julis more and more. This episode had a lot of interesting set up. The mc's roomate obviously is with rewolf. There are a lot of theories i have about Haruka and what happened to her but i am too lazy to type it out. I know people have already said this but Flora's voice is annoying. She sounds like a robot programmed with a high voice
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Apr 9, 2016 12:17 PM

Dec 2013
jirachi3x said:
Great episode. Each one makes me like Julis more and more. This episode had a lot of interesting set up. The mc's roomate obviously is with rewolf. There are a lot of theories i have about Haruka and what happened to her but i am too lazy to type it out. I know people have already said this but Flora's voice is annoying. She sounds like a robot programmed with a high voice

Actually... it should be LeWolf. Subber's are getting it wrong.
Also, Yabuki doesn't work for LeWolf's intelligence team, if anything he works under Claudia as a part of Seidoukan's Intel team.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 9, 2016 12:30 PM

Jan 2015
It wasn't a bad episode.

That cliffhanger tho
Apr 9, 2016 12:47 PM

Oct 2008
Flora's voice really hurts my ears... I get that she's a kid, but maaaaaaaan

As expected of a low priority A-1 show... animation quality drops after first episode. Many derpy faces and there were barely any close-up shots where I could squee over Ayato </3

L-Ryoshi said:

Actually... it should be LeWolf. Subber's are getting it wrong.

I'm not sure why but they have officially changed most of the schools' spelling on the website (the old spelling still can be seen in each URL) and it might be the Japan side providing that spelling to the translators.
http://asterisk-war.com/character/lewolfe.html
Apr 9, 2016 12:55 PM

Jul 2013
Let's stop here for a second and think about how much of a better show this would be if Dirk was the protagonist... Oh well

Also, it amuses me how Ayato's cunning can go from To Love ru protagonist to Tyrion Lannister in a blink of an eye.. I guess the writers need the story to move along.

At least we got to see Irene this episode, she is one of the coolest character in the show for sure, wished she had more screentime
Apr 9, 2016 1:09 PM

Jul 2015
Good to see I'm not the only one who thinks Flora's voice is annoying af. Every time she spoke I pictured the ice cream truck for some reason... pretty boring episode but I guess it's just a build up ep. That whole indirect kiss thing is ridiculous at this point... anyway, More fights! And more Claudia PLEASE
ReguIusApr 9, 2016 1:29 PM
Apr 9, 2016 1:37 PM

Sep 2013
I thought the death possibility was for all the matches not just that eclipse one :(
Didn't Julis say that in S1? that the festa is dangerous or something.

Maid girl's voice is so high pitched :(
Julis being flustered so much gets on my nerves for some reason.
Le Wolf's pres will be a yakuza boss in the future XD savage.

Ayato should have gone to the apartment and tame her.
Apr 9, 2016 1:40 PM

Aug 2013
RayAdha said:
Ugh Flora's voice, it's like the voice actress was forcing herself too hard to be cute-voiced the whole time.

I agree. Her voice sounded ridiculous.
Apr 9, 2016 1:50 PM
Aug 2012
Patureau said:

Also, it amuses me how Ayato's cunning can go from To Love ru protagonist to Tyrion Lannister in a blink of an eye.. I guess the writers need the story to move along.

Ayato was already shown as being smart, perceptive and quick-witted several times. Just because he is slow when it comes to women doesn't really change that fact. Smart people doesn't always have be womanizers or playboys. Pay attention and stop judging characters solely based on their interaction with women......

jirachi3x said:
The mc's roomate obviously is with rewolf.

The first season already showed that Yabuki is related to Seidoukan's intelligence division not LeWolf/ReWolf.........his talks with Claudia proves that. He also has a cool title but that's for later times.

Apr 9, 2016 1:57 PM

Apr 2014
I don't like Julis so this episode is a bit hard for me to finish.
Overall episode is meh and hardly anything happen so far.
Apr 9, 2016 2:03 PM

Feb 2015
hmm...build up episode ? it was an okay episode overall imo. not really that enjoyable, but i enjoyed some scene in this episode...other than that was meh... or just okay....

At the end of the episode he wanted to hear more about the maid ? the maid is not just an ordinary human probably ? btw, her voice is cute but sometimes annoys me X3 :/
either way, her character design looks adorabe X3

Nintendofan204 said:
RayAdha said:
Ugh Flora's voice, it's like the voice actress was forcing herself too hard to be cute-voiced the whole time.

I agree. Her voice sounded ridiculous.

yeah i felt the same thing too...
YizelTroApr 9, 2016 2:08 PM
Apr 9, 2016 2:06 PM

Jul 2015
Floras voice made me want to punch her in the face, but all was forgiven when I heard that ED again.
Apr 9, 2016 2:21 PM

Apr 2014
Floras voice is so fucking annoying. I hope she gets killed somewhere in the following episodes!
Apr 9, 2016 3:54 PM

Sep 2015
I just can't stand her voice 'w'
Nothing happened in this episode :(
Apr 9, 2016 4:07 PM

Jun 2015
Oh no! You better not touch Flora-chan Dirk! Although her voice was a bit too high pitched for my liking.
Apr 9, 2016 4:42 PM

Mar 2009
Flora's voice is absolutely grating. It's a shame.

If Claudia is only going to show up during the preview of each episode, this is going to be one lame season. At least the red-head sisters returned for a little bit.
Apr 9, 2016 5:21 PM

Nov 2014
That maid and her voice... I kinda remember an episode of sore ga seiyuu when hearing her voice...@.@

Nothing to talk about even if it is a setup episode 2/5
Apr 9, 2016 6:54 PM

Jan 2015
Just a buildup episode, Flora was more annoying than she was in the LN...probably because of her voice.

Really liked how they showed Ayato being in shock hearing about his sister's loss. Hope best girl makes an appearance soon.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 9, 2016 7:03 PM

Jan 2016
So we learned his sister is alive and thats it. Oh and the maid loli came. Not a fan of this episode and I am pretty laid back anime watcher.

Although I liked finding out about his sister I don't care that the President is going to target the loli now-easily what that episode was leading to at the end.
Apr 9, 2016 7:13 PM

Nov 2014
RayAdha said:
Ugh Flora's voice, it's like the voice actress was forcing herself too hard to be cute-voiced the whole time

Teeth gritting.

RayAdha said:
...and Dirk is a....lolicon? or has maid fetish?

He is supposed to be a bad guy and what could be badder than chasing children in subservient clothing?
Apr 9, 2016 8:23 PM

Mar 2013
>insert comment how Flora's voice is so annoying.
Apr 9, 2016 8:49 PM
Aug 2012
xSkipi said:

Nothing happened in this episode :(

- We learned more about Julis and her personality and about her acquaintances
- We had a glimpse of the personality of Julis's brother and he is NOT irrelevant
- Ayato found out more about Haruka and we got a glimpse that she may be involved in something big
- We learned more about Asterisk's dark side
- We saw that previous characters are NOT irrelevant and will play small part like this time to time

There was also the weird reason for Dirk giving Ayato one-sided information and getting almost nothing(from 3rd person's POV) in return and he may be planning something as well.

How does all this development and build-up amount no NOTHING? Not every episode is supposed to be mindless fighting.

Apr 9, 2016 8:54 PM

Aug 2008
Just a set up episode. Nothing interesting.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 9, 2016 9:09 PM

Apr 2010
It's still worse than Rakudai.
Apr 9, 2016 10:40 PM
Jan 2013
Flora´s voice was so good :)
Apr 9, 2016 10:54 PM

May 2014
Hmm... Nice voice
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 10, 2016 12:36 AM

Sep 2015
I think Flora's voice is not done by voice actress but produce by some program?
Apr 10, 2016 12:44 AM

Sep 2013
surprised to see an episode with no fights, but the good thing is the buildup of the story......
our MC is getting a handful of Lolis in his harem atm :P
Apr 10, 2016 12:45 AM

Sep 2013
Mormegil said:
Flora's voice is absolutely grating. It's a shame.

If Claudia is only going to show up during the preview of each episode, this is going to be one lame season. At least the red-head sisters returned for a little bit.

i can't bear this idea of putting Claudia episode from the start of this season...at least she is one of the main casts...
Apr 10, 2016 12:52 AM
Aug 2012
fortuna89 said:

Flora is a legit kid though........

Apr 10, 2016 12:54 AM

Sep 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
fortuna89 said:

Flora is a legit kid though........

i am glad to see some new fresh faces in this 2nd season ^^
Apr 10, 2016 1:58 AM

Dec 2015
Maid is annoying. I hope she won't get that much screentime in the future. Could ruin the otherwise decent anime. So far all the action was nice and the non-action stuff was tolerable because there weren't a lot of annoying chars with much screentime.

Dirk Eberwein seems interesting. Hoping to see more of him. He does not seem like a bad guy.
Apr 10, 2016 2:08 AM

Dec 2015
Milk_is_Special said:
Floras voice is so fucking annoying. I hope she gets killed somewhere in the following episodes!

But shes so cute D:
Apr 10, 2016 3:14 AM

Apr 2014
Robiiii said:
Milk_is_Special said:

But shes so cute D:
Nah, she's just annoying.
Apr 10, 2016 3:36 AM
Apr 2016
I really enjoyed the first two continuing episodes of this anime for the new Spring season ^^

I've been looking forward to the arrival and start of it so much ever since the end of season 1 last season ^^

I just knew I was gonna really end up enjoying it still and just as much as what I did the first season ^^
Apr 10, 2016 3:37 AM

Oct 2015
RayAdha said:

Nice to see Irene and her sister again.

...and Dirk is a....lolicon? or has maid fetish?

The voice could have been better.
Mormegil said:

If Claudia is only going to show up during the preview of each episode, this is going to be one lame season.

This was a pretty boring bridge episode with nothing much happening.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

151 by AttackONSUS »»
Jan 26, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

79 by vadoyager7 »»
Aug 15, 2023 6:28 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2016

77 by vadoyager7 »»
Jul 24, 2023 10:33 PM

» How did you feel about this series as a whole?

sorames - Jun 9, 2023

31 by ejleon »»
Jun 12, 2023 4:21 AM

» Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Season 3 ( 1 2 )

GoldenGamerHD - Dec 3, 2017

50 by VidipSarkar123 »»
Jun 6, 2023 12:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.