Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2016 1:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yeah compared to the previous I thought this episode's case has somewhat of a creepy tone to it at first.

Naruhodou made some interesting discoveries before almost getting caught into some lewd mess. Ha, that would of been priceless. No real courtroom session debate yet but I think the episode conveniently sets up for next time.

Apr 9, 2016 1:59 AM

Aug 2012
It improved a lot. Edgeworth and Gumshoe's voices are great. Not to mention, the ost is getting better.
Apr 9, 2016 2:25 AM

Jan 2015
This was much better than the first episode.
Mia is dead and her sister is arrested for the murder. The hotel scene was awkward.
It was great to see Edgeworth, Maya and Det. Gumshoe. I didn't expect von Karma to make a cameo appearance.

The humor feels out of place though and kind of ruins the built tension. Also, it was weird to see another flashback of Wright's past. I hope they don't make this an every-episode thing.
Excited for Phoenix vs Edgeworth.
Apr 9, 2016 3:04 AM
Jan 2016
I think with this pacing the possibility of a 2-cour is greater, 12/13 episodes for the first game and another 12/13 for the next.

It now really feels like this game is now an anime.
Apr 9, 2016 4:00 AM
Feb 2012
Steel Samurai Ballad spotted this episode! Hope this means the 2nd game is adapted.
Apr 9, 2016 4:29 AM

Dec 2012
RIP Chihiro. Mayoi makes her appearance, but is the prime suspect.
Looks like it is up to Naruhodo to defend her.

Time for the trial to start next week.

Naruhodo vs Mitsurugi.
Santoryu_XBurnerApr 9, 2016 4:35 AM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 9, 2016 4:42 AM
May 2015
ye boy that's what I'm talking about.

I was really scared of them fucking up and doing the whole series as the first episode, but they did a good job imo. I hope the pace stays like this and they don't rush it at the trials or the end.
Apr 9, 2016 4:47 AM

Jan 2015
Holy shit, I didn't expect Chihiro-san to die :O Nice plot twist.
Way better than the first episode.
I'm a bit mad that they toned Chihiro's death down.

Can't wait for the court session. IGI ARI!
XenocrisiApr 9, 2016 4:51 AM
Apr 9, 2016 4:52 AM
Apr 2016
Much better than first episode. Surprisingly Miles and Gumshoe's voice is pretty good.
Apr 9, 2016 5:01 AM

Sep 2014
The episode was ok, nothing great. There is changes compared to the original game and I feel that Phoenix's flashback was unnecessary.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ShockedApr 9, 2016 9:04 AM
Apr 9, 2016 5:12 AM

Jan 2015
That's what Chihirou get for not following family Tradition. LOL
That Detective, his way of talking and acting is kinda funny and irritating too.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 9, 2016 5:29 AM

May 2010
Man it really isnt worth watching when you know the games.
Apr 9, 2016 5:39 AM

Jul 2012
I think the pacing is really good for the show when comparing to the game. The first case was short in the game too because it was introducing you to how the game worked. Making the 2nd case a 2 parter is good since we see what's going before the case. I have a feeling the rest will be like this.
The faces Phoenix makes sometimes would defiantly seem awkward if I hadn't played the games or it had been a while. I think the humor is in the same boat tbh.
The OST was pretty good for this one as well, I like that we got to see Edgeworth and Gumshoe. :D Great voices for both of them too!
RIP Mayoi.
4/5

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Apr 9, 2016 5:43 AM

Dec 2014
So did Chihiro really died... I don't think so though
Apr 9, 2016 5:50 AM
Apr 2016
I like it a lot if it wasn't for one thing. When was the witness mentioned BEFORE Naruhodo/Phoenix went to retrieve Mayoi/Maya's phone? When he asked Itonokogiri/Gumshoe about the witness Umeyo/May, I was completely confused. In the game, he saw her out of the window, so he clearly knew about her, but in the anime, does anyone know if she was off the bat mentioned at that scene?

Also, I did like the twist with the cufflinks in the hotel room and the detention center scene where Naruhodo has this extensive list of law offices he tried to contact.
Apr 9, 2016 6:01 AM

Nov 2008
pikagrue said:
Steel Samurai Ballad spotted this episode! Hope this means the 2nd game is adapted.

I found it a bit weird that they didn't use Heartbroken Mayoi or Turnabout Sisters Ballad, but it was fitting so it's fine I guess.

The episode really was better than the first one! I liked the changes they made in order to adapt this properly, especially the scene with Phoenix and Maya at the detention center at the end. The music's pacing is a bit off though and while I do think the anime original OST has improved, I'm sad we didn't get to listen to Gumshoe's theme.
Apr 9, 2016 6:08 AM

Mar 2013
I liked Edgeworth voice. He is cheaper soundalike, but at least he is good cheaper soundalike. I definetely will miss Eiji Takemoto's voice, though.
But what the f*ck did Phoenix object to in the end?
AntonKutovoiApr 9, 2016 6:12 AM
Apr 9, 2016 6:09 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Definitely got better. Didn't expect Chihiro to die that fast...

4/5
Apr 9, 2016 6:22 AM
May 2014
This was so much better than the first episode. I have my problems with it, but the way everything played out felt much less awkward than the last episode. The animation was still awful though.

Phoenix picking the phone out of plant was a stupid thing to change. It still being there when he came back made no sense.
Apr 9, 2016 6:25 AM

Jul 2015
Why does Edgey have that steel samurai figurine in his office, even though he hasn't met Oldbag yet?

Disappointed at the lack of Gumshoe's theme and Grossbergs theme.

Still pretty crap but at least it was better than the first episode.
Apr 9, 2016 6:30 AM

Jan 2013
Chihiro dies and the first thing Phoenix says to her little sister is "It's okay I work here" ? Yeah man. It's okay. lmao.
Phoenix be like eh whatever. They aren't even trying to convey emotions here.
Apr 9, 2016 6:34 AM
Dec 2010
Edgeworth shouldn't have
yet, I guess that means they won't adapt Rise from the Ashes.

But overall the episode was amazing, this will probably be my favorite show this season.
Apr 9, 2016 6:36 AM

May 2015
ibraheem234 said:
So did Chihiro really died... I don't think so though
Yeah the police is so incompetent they start a murder trial without a victim.
Apr 9, 2016 6:38 AM

Sep 2015
So many steel samurai shown in this ep. Loved the voice actors for Gumshoe and Mitsurugi. Best part is how cute they're making Maya appear.
Also I imagine a lot of people are gonna drop the anime because Chihiro died lol.
Apr 9, 2016 6:41 AM
Sep 2014
Kerozinn said:

On the other hand if I didn't play the games, then I probably wouldn't still be watching this.
Apr 9, 2016 6:42 AM

May 2015
Ah man, so chief really died.... Liked this episode. Better than the first episode. Hopefully they'll win this case. I still can't feel some of the comedy in this show, though. It feels out of place sometimes.

Apr 9, 2016 6:43 AM

May 2010
Heartman said:
Kerozinn said:

On the other hand if I didn't play the games, then I probably wouldn't still be watching this.

you are probably right with this.
Apr 9, 2016 6:45 AM

Dec 2013
Sad to see Mia go so early in the series :(

I still think that Maya's face looks too round in the anime. But it was still good to see her in anime form. Can't wait to see her eat some hamburgers

Gumshoe may not be the best detective of all time but I still love the guy.

Looking forward to some Phoenix vs Edgeworth action in the next episode.
Apr 9, 2016 6:46 AM
Apr 2014
A nice twist to get the story going, Naruhodo can't just rely on his teacher's help for all his cases wright?

Miso Ramen = burgers
If you're still here and you're an anime-only, go fucking play the game, you're just ruining the series for yourself by watching this cheap animated garbage that skips out on all the novelty of discovering and building the case yourself.
Drake1000Apr 9, 2016 6:49 AM
Apr 9, 2016 6:47 AM

Sep 2013
Why did Feenie object at the end? No one said anything.
Apr 9, 2016 6:53 AM
Sep 2014
ArtemisFlow said:
Why did Feenie object at the end? No one said anything.

Probably because theres no way there can exist such a perfect being on the prosecutor's bench.
Apr 9, 2016 6:55 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode was pretty nice

It made me really sad to see that Mia died but now a have her sister Maya who in the beginning looked like a total retard but as the episode progressed I started to see why she is so loved....That girl is way too adorable and kind

That police detective has the perfect name lol, the way they just arrested and pinned this whole thing on her was so nonsenical to me, like why the hell would she right her actual name on the back of the paper like that lol

Either way, this looks to be a very high profile case considering that some dude is going around blackmailing lawyers and also having that Edgeworth guy in the prosecution team.....

Speaking of Edgeworth, my hype for this guy is very high considering that he's never lost before and his a genius/prodigy at his craft....I like that he and Phoenix has history together too so I can't wait to find out more about that...Part of me thinks that he and Mia were close too

Overall I really liked this episode and I can't wait to see Edgeworth in action because I never thought that we would have gotten to see him so soon.....Also I ship Phoenix and Maya so hard right now lol
TokoyaApr 9, 2016 7:02 AM
Apr 9, 2016 7:01 AM

Nov 2008
Maya's has a very adorable voice. While the episode is better than the first, it's still not newcomer friendly, A-1 is still revealing the suspect early on, so the suspense is not there for the most part, if you still haven't played the game, go do so right now, you cannot watch this anime only. Edgeworth looks great animated.

xizor said:
Edgeworth shouldn't have
yet, I guess that means they won't adapt Rise from the Ashes.

But overall the episode was amazing, this will probably be my favorite show this season.

Most likely, it's not a big issue if this is based off the GBA games which does not have the 5th case.

Apr 9, 2016 7:08 AM

Nov 2015
Nice setup to the next setup. I think foucs on Ryuuichi should've been more.
The creepy tone to this episode somewhat rather didn't go with it.
The MC and Reiji having a history was anticipated and i'm looking forward what the trial has in for them!
Chihiro being killed gave us lot more context on MC.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ShockedApr 9, 2016 9:03 AM
Apr 9, 2016 7:10 AM

Dec 2013
Police in anime sure love jumping to conclusions now don't they?
Looking forward to seeing how Naruhodo will defend Maya. Considering how no one in the court rooms have seen the suspect yet, I'm assuming this coming trial will only be used to prove Maya's innocence, rather than actually pinpointing a true culprit?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 9, 2016 7:11 AM
Jul 2018
edgeworth and gumshoe.. Its coming together

and his driving skills op lol
removed-userApr 9, 2016 7:20 AM
Apr 9, 2016 7:15 AM

Nov 2008
Hoppy said:
[...] A-1 is still revealing the suspect early on, so the suspense is not there for the most part, [...]

Mod Edit: Spoiler tagged video of game footage revealing stuff.
ShockedApr 9, 2016 9:04 AM
Apr 9, 2016 7:17 AM

Feb 2016
Loved this episode!
Some people sure like to give spoilers
Apr 9, 2016 7:19 AM

Mar 2015
I went into this thinking that the first episode hadn't been so good, but I'm so glad they didn't rush everything into one episode.
The exchange between Grossberg and Phoenix goes a little different in the game, but hey, what can you do? Guess they gotta cut corners and not everything can be exact.
Edgeworth's eyes still look very strange to me, like they are way too close together, but overall he looks as miserable as ever. Reminds me of a villian staring out of that window, with his music.
I enjoyed it more than the first episode though I'm not happy with their extremely obvious hinting..

There are a few things that I am probably misremembering, but with the game in mind:

Apr 9, 2016 7:29 AM

Apr 2010
Much better episode than the first one.
Apr 9, 2016 7:34 AM

Mar 2012
the journalism mistake tho

better than the first episode but still underwhelming
Apr 9, 2016 7:39 AM
Jan 2016
glamazon said:

Where was it? Was it the one on TV?
Apr 9, 2016 7:54 AM

Mar 2012
hedla12 said:
glamazon said:

Where was it? Was it the one on TV?

yep, Mia's/Chihiro's age
Apr 9, 2016 8:00 AM

May 2015

Didn't like the fact that they had so many hints as to why the killer is the killer. I get that they showed the killer straight out in the game, but at least it didn't point out how he is the killer so many times like in the anime.
Also I know this is being overly nitpicky, but I kinda wanted to see the figure and globe in Grossberg's bookcase, but as I said this is me being nitpicky.
But I like how cute Maya and Nick were when they both agreed on Nick being Maya's defense attorney. Can't wait to see how they interact in the 4th case.
GiowolvanApr 9, 2016 8:06 AM
Rolling around at the speed of clumsy ⊿◉»»
Got places to go, gotta follow my bad luck ◕»» ☛✗
Apr 9, 2016 8:11 AM

Apr 2013
The animation is very inconsistent... at some parts Maya looks cute, at some she just looks lazily drawn and ugly, as if her face was disproportioned.

Detective Gumshoe obviously looks too skinny. At least Edgeworth looks great.

It's actually nice to see they changed some scenes to make the investigation part run a lot quicker than it did in the games, otherwise the pacing will be way too slow.

But some changes that they made were pretty poor, like Maya's phone being found in the plant is silly, and May was not shown shouting at the murder scene simply did not cut it.

...and what's with the sakura trees?

Well as much as I am complaining, I am still glad that we can see Phoenix animated, so be it good or bad, I am definitely sticking until the end.

Apr 9, 2016 8:12 AM
Jul 2018
Now this is rather dumb and predictable.

Pretty disappointed so far.
Apr 9, 2016 8:19 AM

Jan 2013
Now, this episode was a lot better, I hope they keep it up!
Apr 9, 2016 8:21 AM

Sep 2010
This episode was better, but mostly because the first set such a low bar, and because this case's story is just harder to work comedy into, with Mia dead, and Larry out of the picture.

One good thing I want to say is that it seems to effectively convey the feeling of being thrown into the "deep end" of the legal system. The last case was just a tutorial, or a first lesson for Phoenix. Now his teacher has been taken from him, her sister accused, and the prosecutor is now much more ruthless.

The scene where he finds Mia is... interesting. In the game, you already know Mia is dead or dying when you switch to Phoenix's PoV. Int he anime, you don't. ...except that because this anime uses next episode previews, it's actually a lot less of a surprise than it could have been. >.>

I thought they were going to get the first investigation stage and the first trial stage into this episode, but I guess they'd have to cut out the OP, ED and next episode PV, and make every shot count to do that...

My list of complaints is a lot more minor this time:
- Maya's name written in blood -

- The OST with Maya in the detention center isn't nearly sad enough. >.>
- Could have used some of this episode's spare time to go deeper into the Fey family's background, particularly about Mia, her mother,
Maybe in a future episode.
- In the game, Grossberg never agreed to take the case, making it less obvious why he and other lawyers were so reluctant. But in the anime, we can already see who might be responsible. Surely the anime could be less blatant.
- Grossberg's painting gets a long, full shot all to itself, which seems kinda over the top. It was merely a large background object in the game, and near the end of this episode, we can clearly see that it's missing despite not having the shot to itself.
- The classroom trial ties into
so it's kinda wasteful to mention it now.
- If Phoenix wants to give Maya some encouragement, the last thing he should be showing her is that only 2 law firms out of a huge list haven't turned her case down yet. >.>
- Too many sakura petals everywhere... I suppose they may be associated with a "new start"(?), but their usage seems over-the-top.

- The amount of time spent on Phoenix's bike and on Miles' car seems like an overly-drawn-out and inefficient way of showing how much higher Miles ranks in the hierarchy of qualified law professionals. >.>
TakataApr 9, 2016 8:26 AM
Apr 9, 2016 8:22 AM

Aug 2014
Hmm I wonder what Nadehado and Miles' relationship is...and lol at that "love" confession.
Apr 9, 2016 8:27 AM

Apr 2014
Hmmm I suppose they're gonna skip with the 3rd and 5th case and solely focus on the cases which is related to
which explains why
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Mia Fey

FiddlePie - Feb 22

4 by FiddlePie »»
Feb 23, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

56 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

40 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 11, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

48 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

44 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 9, 7:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.