Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 8, 2016 11:22 AM

May 2015
This is a tough question. For a long time I remember we were begging YTV to bring back Bionix. I was on the YTV boards up until they were dismantled back in March of 2014 - we had countless petitions. I remember one of my petitions had Andy from Crunch sign it in support for our cause!

Evidently, however, it seems this didn't get us anywhere. With the change in YTV structure, it is obvious that the channel is pursing a family oriented demographic.

As such, out of curiosity, I was wondering if anyone believes that YTV will get anime again (eventually) or if some other channel might pick up this genre. Considering we're pretty much stuck without anime nationwide, I think the fans are hungry. I wonder what other cable channel could potentially start airing anime content?
✦✦✦Join the Bionix club✦✦✦

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 4, 2016 8:29 PM

Oct 2015
Honestly, I think YTV just gave up with anime all together and it won't be coming back anytime soon. I think it's pretty clear after the removal of Pokemon and Bey-blade, which I assume was due to low viewership.

I do have a sliver of hope, since there is a Bionix playlist on YTVs Youtube channel.
Aug 26, 2016 9:27 PM
Nov 2014
I was hopeful for a long time but looking at YTV now it seems all they are interested in are those crappy Nickelodeon teen shows and cheaply made Canadian cartoons to fill their CanCon quota. Such a shame how YTV has changed, it's unrecognizable from what it used to be. It's really unfair too because America still has Cartoon Network airing lots of new anime, would be nice for Canadian fans to have something similar.
Jan 15, 2020 11:19 AM

May 2015
I remember reading this article in 2014 and commenting that I don't see anime coming back to Canada until 2020 at the earliest. As of now, aside from theatrical runs of some aniplex and funimation shows, a few Quebec only evening programming blocks, and streaming services - there is still no anime on Canadian television outside of Saturday morning cartoons like Pokemon.

Bionix ended on Feb 7th, 2010. Let it sink in that it's been ten years now.

Feb 26, 2021 5:27 PM

Oct 2015
Even with anime at it's all-time peak in popularity, YTV still hasn't done anything. I hate to be a downer, but I don't see any future of Bionix returning to YTV. :(

I also hope you all been well. Long time no see eh.
Apr 4, 2021 9:11 PM
Dec 2017
Well few years later and anime is growing big not just in Canada but all over the world

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Bionix Recordings

Valtheanimelover - Jan 2, 2023

0 by Valtheanimelover »»
Jan 2, 2023 12:47 AM

» Which Bionix show did you enjoy the most?

Ambimunch - Apr 8, 2016

2 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
May 16, 2021 3:40 PM

» What are your fondest Bionix memories?

Ambimunch - Apr 8, 2016

3 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
May 16, 2021 3:38 PM

» Were you a member of the YTV forums? If so, post your username!

Ambimunch - Jul 8, 2016

0 by Ambimunch »»
Jul 8, 2016 10:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.