Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 8, 2016 10:54 AM

May 2015
As the title implies, what are some of the most memorable experiences and memories you had with Bionix? Looking back on it, there were plenty of them for me:

-Running home from school on Fridays to watch afternoon Pokemon, the 4Kids One Piece and Yugioh. Later that night would be Bionix. Friday was something I would look forward to a lot.

-When an episode gets cancelled due to some Superman movie. It's funny now, but I wasn't back then.

-Bleach being re-started at the soul society arc like 3 times haha, I was angry!

-Class discussions about Naruto and InuYasha. Our homeroom teacher watched Stand Alone Complex, and he would argue that it was the best show of the night.

-After I was forced to go to bed, I would secretly turn on the TV and watch the later anime of the night with my TV volume at like 1. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but it was worth it!

-Gundam SEED being aired and re-started like 3 times, and me being heartbroken each time when Flay died at the end :(

Looking back on all of this now, I have a big grin on my face as I reminisce. Those truly were good days that I took for granted. We are lucky to have enjoyed such good childhoods, the kids of today will never know the greatness that was YTV in the late 90's and mid 00's.
✦✦✦Join the Bionix club✦✦✦

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 26, 2016 9:35 PM
Nov 2014
I remember following the Zannen Canada blog for a long time and being so excited when it was announced that YTV had acquired all these awesome shows and would be creating an anime block. Was such an exciting moment to see the very first airing of Bionix and to get to see all the shows Cartoon Network had that Canadian fans has been missing out on. I used to always order pizza on Fridays and sit in my room watching Bionix until like 3am.

Totally agree with you about the greatness of YTV back then too. Even the Canadian shows back then were awesome, like ReBoot, Freaky Stories, Gamerz that was hosted by PJ Phil, Video and Arcade Top 10, so many awesome shows that it's really sad to see what YTV has become.
Sep 18, 2016 8:12 PM

Oct 2015
Oh man, just thinking about Bionix and old YTV just makes me nostalgic.

My parents didn't really like me staying late, so every Friday I used to watch TV in the lowest sound level in my room. I fondly remember singing the Inuyasha OPs and EDs as the played, I remember when I used to be scared of watching .hack//sign, I remember when I used to hate Zatch Bell and thought it was for babies.

Oh, do I ever long for those days. If I ever lay my hands on a time machine, the only thing I want to do is to relive those days.
✦✦✦Join the Bionix club✦✦✦
May 16, 2021 3:38 PM
Dec 2017
i'd say staying up late and watchign stuff like dbz or beast wars back in the day.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Bionix Recordings

Valtheanimelover - Jan 2, 2023

0 by Valtheanimelover »»
Jan 2, 2023 12:47 AM

» Which Bionix show did you enjoy the most?

Ambimunch - Apr 8, 2016

2 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
May 16, 2021 3:40 PM

» Do you think Anime will ever come Back to Canada?

Ambimunch - Apr 8, 2016

5 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Apr 4, 2021 9:11 PM

» Were you a member of the YTV forums? If so, post your username!

Ambimunch - Jul 8, 2016

0 by Ambimunch »»
Jul 8, 2016 10:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.