Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 8, 2016 4:46 AM

Dec 2013
thepath said:
DatRandomDude said:

Of course, i avoided a little bit more animes that looked like shit this season (Like Hundred, Asterisk 2 & Cerberus) and theres more coming but so far its a good start.

THose anime you mentioned are among the most entertaining in this season

-Senpai- said:
This season is not that great....literally.

It is not only great, but it is probably one of the best seasons of all time. It has too many anime that I would rate above 7/10

THats my imrpession aswell, it will propably be one of ther very few seasons that we will see many animes around 8 or even higher
Apr 8, 2016 4:52 AM

Dec 2013
Kuma said:
this is also what happened in last spring season and so does last summer, and many people got dissapointed in the end of season... SO?

O C'mon u are a little bit Harsh right here! i think previous SPring Season was solid! THat being said i agree about last SUmmers!
Apr 8, 2016 4:55 AM

Mar 2015
Subxaero said:
Kuma said:
this is also what happened in last spring season and so does last summer, and many people got dissapointed in the end of season... SO?

O C'mon u are a little bit Harsh right here! i think previous SPring Season was solid! THat being said i agree about last SUmmers!
it's not me thou. i said many people, not my self. i never expect anything and i always get more than i expected.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 8, 2016 5:01 AM

Jan 2011
How can something be figuratively fantastic?
Apr 8, 2016 5:03 AM

Dec 2009
This season is the best one in a long while. Jojo, Gundam, Mayoiga, etc.
Apr 8, 2016 5:11 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Compared to most Spring seasons this one is pretty bleh
Apr 8, 2016 5:15 AM

Oct 2014
Your taste and spelling are "lierally" shit xD

Jokes aside, this season is probably better then the last two or three seasons, but that's not saying much.
Apr 8, 2016 5:27 AM

Nov 2011
This season is not that good!!
First, most anime have a great ep1, I think winter anime was the same: Ok there were fewer promising anime but look at how they all fainted halfway. Just check anime like Mahou sensou, great ep1, each other episode was shit. You can't talk for a whole season with ep 1, it's just a bait, they know how much important first impressions are.
Second, Don't compare to winter. This spring is average, the winter was bad,that's all, or maybe average with the sequel. If you find this season fine, then you didn't watch enough season...
Third, the more you're hyped, the more you are vulnerable to deception, never put your expectation so high, believe me, it hurts.

I have expectation from kouketsu no kabaneri and joker game though.
pterozApr 8, 2016 5:32 AM
Apr 8, 2016 6:11 AM

Dec 2013
Culex said:
This season is the best one in a long while. Jojo, Gundam, Mayoiga, etc.

May i ask why the first gundam episode gave me the impression i've seen the specific season? Is it a remake propably?
Apr 8, 2016 6:24 AM

Sep 2014
pteroz said:
First, most anime have a great ep1, I think winter anime was the same: Ok there were fewer promising anime but look at how they all fainted halfway. Just check anime like Mahou sensou, great ep1, each other episode was shit. You can't talk for a whole season with ep 1, it's just a bait, they know how much important first impressions are.
Second, Don't compare to winter. This spring is average, the winter was bad,that's all, or maybe average with the sequel. If you find this season fine, then you didn't watch enough season...
Third, the more you're hyped, the more you are vulnerable to deception, never put your expectation so high, believe me, it hurts.

I smell pessimism around this post. Last winter was a lot better than the one before. Likewise, the beginning of fall 2014 had a lot of promising titles and it was indeed a fantastic season. There's a chance that spring 2016 is gonna be great as well.
Apr 8, 2016 6:31 AM

Dec 2013
Hrybami said:
pteroz said:

I smell pessimism around this post. Last winter was a lot better than the one before. Likewise, the beginning of fall 2014 had a lot of promising titles and it was indeed a fantastic season. There's a chance that spring 2016 is gonna be great as well.

Last winter was better than the one before? In which dimension?

It wasnt exceptional but with animes like Death parade--Tokyo Ghoul(not as good as first season but still nice)--Kuroko no basket S3 --Jojo--Saenai heroine--- DUradara x2 was a LOT better
Apr 8, 2016 6:39 AM

Sep 2014
Subxaero said:
Hrybami said:

It wasnt exceptional but with animes like Death parade--Tokyo Ghoul(not as good as first season but still nice)--Kuroko no basket S3 --Jojo--Saenai heroine--- DUradara x2 was a LOT better

Those anime were really bad to me (haven't seen jojo or Durarara). The only good anime of winter 2015 was Yuri Kuma Arashi and good anime is quite generous because it was frankly disappointing for an Ikuhara anime.
Apr 8, 2016 6:49 AM

Dec 2013
Hrybami said:
Subxaero said:

Those anime were really bad to me (haven't seen jojo or Durarara). The only good anime of winter 2015 was Yuri Kuma Arashi and good anime is quite generous because it was frankly disappointing for an Ikuhara anime.

DUnno what u define good, but imo except Rakugan all the rest were levels below Kuroko no basket--DUradara-Death parade-Jojo--ALdnoah zero.

Yuri KUma akashi was actually one of the worse of this season and the 7.15 rating is actually quite high for all the trash it was
Apr 8, 2016 8:43 AM
Mar 2016
Subxaero said:
and magically the majority of the spring animes have been something more than encouraging!!!Great fantasy/mystery and shounen titles/military/historical

There are at least 5-6 animes with potentional of over 8 rating this season...this is absurd after what winter season has been. I am so happy, have a great watch everyone!

I agree! Last season I even think -- "anime is not that great anymore. should I stop watching?". And this season like -- "no way I can leave anime!"
My top 5 (for now, might change later): Kotetsujou no kabaneri, re zero kara hajimaru isekai seikatsu, bungou stray dogs, joker game, netoge no yome.

I don't care what people saying~~ what's good is good~ lalala
and being anti-mainstream doesn't look cool! :P
Apr 8, 2016 8:51 AM

Jan 2014
Anne Happy makes this season objectively good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2016 8:57 AM

Oct 2013
I don't believe you is over 30°C at midday
Apr 8, 2016 9:04 AM

Oct 2015
Pfftt.. It isn't 2 weeks yet in spring, it's too early. Don't get hype so easily.
Boku dake's fans know dat FEEL.
If this spring turns great than enjoy your cake TC, you deserve it.

Is it get hype in current season while bashing last season become trend here?

Fall to winter transition.
"OMG so many good anime this sison. last sison we just get another sequel, the original good anime is just OPM"
Apr 8, 2016 10:21 AM

Dec 2013
gladisr said:
Pfftt.. It isn't 2 weeks yet in spring, it's too early. Don't get hype so easily.
Boku dake's fans know dat FEEL.
If this spring turns great than enjoy your cake TC, you deserve it.

Is it get hype in current season while bashing last season become trend here?

Fall to winter transition.
"OMG so many good anime this sison. last sison we just get another sequel, the original good anime is just OPM"

Nah i just mentioned previous winter season because spcifically as far as i am concerned was in my top 3 of worse seasons of animes i've seen the last 4-5 years
Apr 8, 2016 8:40 PM

Jan 2013
Ehhhh I though this winter was really good and some of the spring stuff doesn't look that good. Mainly just the LN adaptations but the original anime and sequels seem to be pretty good. Honestly, summer is going to be the best.
Apr 8, 2016 8:45 PM

Jul 2009
It's too early to judge, but from what I've seen of the 7 shows I've started so far, it looks promising.
Apr 8, 2016 8:48 PM

Jul 2014
Maybe a good season for those who like action and/ or shounen trash

But the slice of life and comedy has been average mostly.

So it's average.
Apr 8, 2016 11:37 PM

Feb 2016
thepath said:
DatRandomDude said:

Of course, i avoided a little bit more animes that looked like shit this season (Like Hundred, Asterisk 2 & Cerberus) and theres more coming but so far its a good start.

THose anime you mentioned are among the most entertaining in this season

-Senpai- said:
This season is not that great....literally.

It is not only great, but it is probably one of the best seasons of all time. It has too many anime that I would rate above 7/10

How can you say this season has too many anime that you'd rate a 7/10 or above when most series haven't even gone past the 2nd episode? Are you judging based on MAL synopsis or something? It only takes 1 episode for an anime to become utter shit.
Apr 9, 2016 1:32 AM

May 2015
yes this season is literally the greatest anime season of all time amiright dont you agree?
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Apr 9, 2016 2:42 AM

May 2015
Subxaero said:
RainyRai said:
This season is okay so far, nothing really looks like it'll go beyond good other then ConRevo and Ushio + Tora. Maybe Sakamoto will save anime though. It's not bad at all, I haven't dropped any of the shows I'm watching but most of them are good at best.

DId u watch Kutetsujou no Kabaneri first epis? It was pretty hype!
You misspelled trainwreck.
From what I've seen except for jojo there's nothing above average for now, joker game might have the potential to be the other outstanding anime of this season but still early to decide.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2016 3:11 AM

Mar 2016
wouldnt go as far as fantastic, above average yeah. Joker Game, Stray Dogs and Mayoiga are the only really strong ones imo tbh, theres a few others that i forgot which seem quite good but theyre just not my cup of tea.
i hate you all
Apr 9, 2016 3:18 AM

Mar 2016
Seems pretty middle ground to me so far. But I can't even get an impression off one episode. One episode impressions are worthless.
Apr 9, 2016 3:18 AM

Apr 2013
I haven't really seen that one first episode that blew my mind, but a few shows definitely showed a lot of promise.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Apr 9, 2016 3:19 AM
Apr 2008
THIS SEASON IS REALLY REALLY REALLY GREAT!!!!!

Sousei Omyouji
Boku Academia
Zero Kara
Apr 9, 2016 3:56 AM
Jul 2018

Nothing matters this spring to me..

Apr 9, 2016 4:55 AM

Dec 2013
zal said:
Subxaero said:

DId u watch Kutetsujou no Kabaneri first epis? It was pretty hype!
From what I've seen except for jojo there's nothing above average for now, joker game might have the potential to be the other outstanding anime of this season but still early to decide.

Trainwreck or not it has outstanding graphics/sountrack and a pretty awesome MC from the first episode, everything counts to an anime
Apr 9, 2016 5:18 AM

May 2015
Subxaero said:
zal said:

Trainwreck or not it has outstanding graphics/sountrack and a pretty awesome MC from the first episode, everything counts to an anime
Strange that from everything you pick only the positive ones. Imo graphics/soundtrack were good but not outstanding. I can't see why MC would be awesome.
Graphics and soundtrack can be improved with budget and technology and become forgettable with time, story and characters when well done remain solid even years after so not everything counts the same in an anime. Graphics and soundtrack are secondary most of the time.
Apr 9, 2016 5:22 AM
Jan 2015
I wouldn't call this bad but even with all action shows being shown in the screen, my greatest reaction is "I think I like this one."

About Kabaneri, I thought it was fine. Nothing great. AOT already had us surprised with its opening episode so we can't expect the same trick done twice hitting us with the same intensity.

Now, if only that show is gonna be a faster version of AOT then color me happy.
Apr 9, 2016 5:36 AM

Feb 2016
The spring season seems good so far.
It's definitely better than fall 2015 which was littered with the generic harem series.
One punch man was the only exception and it was overhyped.
Apr 9, 2016 5:38 AM

Dec 2013
zal said:
Subxaero said:

Strange that from everything you pick only the positive ones. Imo graphics/soundtrack were good but not outstanding. I can't see why MC would be awesome.
Graphics and soundtrack can be improved with budget and technology and become forgettable with time, story and characters when well done remain solid even years after so not everything counts the same in an anime. Graphics and soundtrack are secondary most of the time.

They are not secondary if they are outstanding, and the animation of this anime is top notch and so far the MC looks very good . PLus the plot is very interesting there are always gonna be generic genres like romance/mechas/mystery/ zombies or whatever. THe whole issue is how u implement this to a solid plot. And having small towns communicate each other through trains while they defend zombies with iron hearts, its bloody damn exciting. Steam guns? hell yeah
Apr 9, 2016 6:01 AM

May 2015
Subxaero said:
zal said:

They are not secondary if they are outstanding, and the animation of this anime is top notch and so far the MC looks very good . PLus the plot is very interesting there are always gonna be generic genres like romance/mechas/mystery/ zombies or whatever. THe whole issue is how u implement this to a solid plot. And having small towns communicate each other through trains while they defend zombies with iron hearts, its bloody damn exciting. Steam guns? hell yeah
For me animation is like food dressing, if the food (story) is not good the dressing is negligible (like OPM) instead if the food is good the dressing was something secondary. Until it looks fine I don't care about the animation, ace attorney has bad animation, knk joker game bnha stray dogs look almost the same for me. I can see they have different styles and comparing their animation I think knk is the better one but overall they are the same for me. For me the only anime with outstanding animation this season is jojo.
As for knk MC I don't see why he is awesome yet. He is another generic edgelord (everything he does is for the shock value). In snk that worked thanks to the calm atmosphere in the first half, knk failed because starts already with tension. Let alone that how MC saved his life in knk is more bs than snk.
zalApr 9, 2016 6:07 AM
Apr 9, 2016 6:20 AM

Oct 2009
It's full of SWAGamoto ~<3

I got my comedy animu sooo YUUUSSS!

Apr 9, 2016 6:51 AM

Feb 2014
I think lately there's been a lot more shows that fall between 'watchable' and 'pretty decent', whereas the few years before it was utter trash with like maybe 1 or 2 really good ones.
Apr 9, 2016 6:53 AM

Jan 2015
Worst season since i started watching anime..
Apr 9, 2016 6:55 AM

Sep 2014
I don't quite like this season tbh. But that is just my opinion. I only like Re:Zero atm and that's about it.
Apr 9, 2016 7:03 AM

May 2010
My fridays and saturdays are so damn filled with anime this season. im already at 21 shows a week, well ajin is done tommorow but i have yet to watch/pick up Kuromukuro which will be the sixth episode im watching in a row today.
KerozinnApr 9, 2016 7:11 AM
Apr 9, 2016 10:14 AM

Feb 2016
I think that this spring season is not half bad. I'm currently watching about 10 of the new anime shows. Since I'm a sucker for good mystery/action/shounen/seinen anime shows I have a rather high expectation for some of them (for example, Re:Zero, Bungou Stray Dogs, Boku no Hero Academia, Joker Game and (of course) Koutetsujou no Kabaneri). The plots of most of them are really innovative and are compelling exactly because they are offering something new (or maybe that's just how I see them). There is just one thing I don't quite get. How can people decide on what score an anime deserves after watching only one episode? I find it almost inconceivable (because I always rate an anime after I've finished watching it). That's why I think that the current ratings are most definitely misleading and do not take into account the true potential that the anime shows have. I know that there are probably people who will counter my point but I'm still willingly giving out my opinion out here. ;) Be kind ^^
Apr 9, 2016 10:40 AM

Jul 2015
Kek.
Talks about great season mentions more than half of the seasons shit shows as great.
OP, you need Super Lovers or your opinion is worthless.
Apr 9, 2016 10:43 AM

Jan 2014
Kiznaiver aired today, and I can say right now. This season is going to the best anime season of 2016.

Winter was very meh (Only good show was Gate)

and the other seasons don't seem that great tbh
Apr 9, 2016 10:47 AM
Dec 2014
Man I am still so many seasons behind. :(

But it is still way to early to judge the seasons quality. Wait at least one more week
Apr 9, 2016 10:49 AM
Dec 2014
ionman62 said:
I'm with OP here. First impressions are strong so far.

I think we're in for a really good season!

pssst here n MAL you are supposed to be negativ and critical. No positivity allowed
Apr 9, 2016 10:53 AM

May 2010
9 episodes in a row on saturday..i might end up dropping Ace Attorney just bc i played the games and its not really worth watching for me.

The best season in many many years.
Apr 9, 2016 10:53 AM

Dec 2015
So far I have enjoyed the 1st episode of Kiznaiver, the first 2 episodes of Mayoiga (really good in suspense building), the prologue and first episode of Re:zero was amazing, the first episode of Kabane of the Iron Fortress was badass, 1st episode of Joker Game is mediocre (need more impressions on it), Hero Academy's 1st episode was alright (reminded me of OPM for some reason which I don't like, but I didn't mind the same theme in this anime), and the 1st episode of Stray Dogs didn't really catch my interest, but I will stick with it, since I generally like seinen.

Right now, I find this spring season pretty average BUT who knows it might change to above average once the storys get deeper. I mean only 1-2 episodes have been released of most spring releases so far. Even if the first 1-2 made poor or positive impact on us that can quickly change as more episodes come out.
Apr 9, 2016 12:51 PM

Oct 2013
In this season I read the description of many of the anime, and found nothing interesting.

Well, except Gakusen thoshi no asterisk season 2.
The winter and summer were great seasons for me lol
Apr 9, 2016 2:15 PM

Apr 2014
There's so much stuff I want to watch this season, that I'm dropping shows just so I can make more time to watch the other anime I want to watch more.

Jojo S4, Kiznaiver Kabaneri, Mayoiga, Boku no Hero, etc. Tons of good stuff that I'm watching this season, time or no time.
Apr 9, 2016 2:19 PM

Nov 2015
mayoiga is on the lower end of the season so far and it's still tolerable, but let's see how far it goes...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

116 by Lhundrup »»
1 minute ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

20 by MasterTasuke »»
2 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

73 by traed »»
14 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

69 by MasterTasuke »»
18 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 7 hours ago

16 by LenRea »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.