Forum Settings
Forums

Is anyone here actually content being single?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 8, 2016 6:56 AM

Jun 2015
Being single is fine...........until you feel like being lazy and watching anime with someone all day and then you remember you have no one, because you're a sad loser. Life is great :D
May 8, 2016 7:04 AM

Aug 2014
I don't mind being a single, I have a happy and peaceful life
May 8, 2016 7:04 AM

Jul 2014
I'm currently in a 4 year-long relationship. Even before this, I haven't been single long enough to feel a sense of contentment about it. But I personally don't mind the feeling of being single (that's how I felt during my "single periods" before anyway)... as long as I have my family and friends for companionship.

I do know a couple of people who practically go crazy if their single though. But I also know people who're 25 and never had a boyfriend/girlfriend before but they're perfectly fine with it. It all depends on the person and the kind of personality and attitude you have.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
May 8, 2016 7:07 AM
May 8, 2016 7:14 AM

Mar 2016
I would rather call it status quo.
But it is really hard maintaining it since love subject is everywhere, and having not a single succesful relationship in Your life feels like not living a life to it's full potential, and because of it its really easy to fall into one of such cycle.

1. So You read a book, but in so many of them are like- prince finds his princess and "lived happily after"
  2. So You watch cartoon movies instead but in most of them there are characters loving each other, same with 3D animation
  3. So You start watch TV movies instead and You have romances in each action movie like Star Wars etc.
  4. So You want to find peace in listening to music instead, but even there most songs are about love
  5. So You have finally enough and just go outside to a park to listen to birds and breath fresh air, but there are lovebirds all around You
  6. So You start to think that maybe it would stop when You will find someone
  7. So You remind Yourself all of those crash courses You had in Your life
  8. So You want to stop worrying about it
  9. So You go back to home and move back to the first point
May 8, 2016 12:05 PM

Nov 2015
I was content with it until grad school, but things are quite a bit lonelier here, so the thought is on and off in my mind. Sucks that I have nil experience looking for someone tho.
May 8, 2016 1:01 PM

Jul 2012
yah i'm totally "content"

tbh being in a relationship is difficult and suddenly you might need to compromise your own goals and happiness to be with that person (just my experience)

dating and sex can be great but i don't miss it one bit. i rather know me than worry about someone else besides my family. priorities.
May 8, 2016 3:32 PM

Dec 2014
Yeah, I was pretty content with being single.
It's a lot easier
May 8, 2016 3:41 PM

Jun 2015
I was alright with it for years.
Still don't hate the idea, just happier with someone.

May 8, 2016 4:09 PM

Oct 2012
Well, self-esteem/worth aside, I'm not in the best position to be in a relationship at the moment so i honestly feel much better being single than having someone put up with me in my current situation.
May 8, 2016 5:24 PM

May 2016
I'm in the "Don't care" Camp... Though I wasn't always like that- I was a depressed wreck that hated being around happy couples. Though that really changed when I had a 'heart to heart' with a friend about it. It came down to the simple saying of "If you aren't happy by yourself then why would you be happy with someone else" ...I agree.
May 8, 2016 5:33 PM

May 2011
I've been having this raging battle with myself since last May, actually. Like, for the longest time after getting over a few crushes, I pretty much was lax about it, I didn't care, I loved being single (even though I've never experienced a date/relationship before, it's usually been a lot of unreciprocated feelings). But uh, some stuff happened where I started liking this guy A LOT. I wanted to date him and see where things would go, but more than likely I've become a third wheel to my friend who ended up liking him months after. And kinda sucked for me, because they both knew how I felt, and he liked me back. But for some reason I've sunk down and realize that this self-pitying really effing sucks. And I think I'm about to pull myself through this and get back to my regular self, hopefully this year, and just be h appy I've got that freedom.

It's not a bad thing, that's for sure.
May 9, 2016 2:04 AM

Aug 2009
Relationships are stressful AF and time consuming.

When you've seen single long enough you start to get used to it.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
May 9, 2016 8:51 AM

May 2014
Yeah, you won't know which man can be trusted or not. Being in a relationship is a hassle too. If I wanted to go in a relationship, I want it to be with a mature and understanding man. If I can't have that then, I'd rather be single. My family is enough for me.
May 9, 2016 3:21 PM
Sep 2015
Yep, I cant give enough of a shit to find a partner either. Freedom is sweet.

Ofc being back in highschool and college almost everyone including me wanted a bf/gf but after I tasted it I decided it wasnt worth the hassle or the strain on my relationships with my friends. However, if I ever get one again he'll have to either come from my close knit circle of friends or be accepted by them this time. Bros before hoes. :D
May 9, 2016 3:33 PM

Jun 2015
I need my alone time and I never got it while being in relationship. Romance tastes good and chasing after someone, meeting, playing is all good, but I'm not sure I could live in a committed relationship right now. Nah, I prefer to don't even care about it.
May 9, 2016 8:57 PM
Aug 2014
Both.

I'm a hopeless romantic. I love being in love and can't wait for a long-lasting relationship to head my way. It's on my mind most often.

On the other hand, I'm patient. I don't believe in fast flings or relationships not based in healthy/careful planning. I know God has someone out there for me that is truly special and will fit me well.

For now, I'm focusing on my work and schooling so I can get my career field rolling so I'm ready to support a family. I'm not opposed to getting involved with someone right now, but it shouldn't be number #1 priority at this point either. (I'm 20 btw)
May 9, 2016 9:42 PM

Jan 2014
not necessarily content with being single. Would love a girl who makes the first move, but that never happens in the real world, since girls just play passive all of the time :x
May 9, 2016 9:48 PM
Aug 2014
DoctorWasabi said:
not necessarily content with being single. Would love a girl who makes the first move, but that never happens in the real world, since girls just play passive all of the time :x

Girls find it attractive when a guy is proactive and the initiator.
It's an Alpha tendency that makes you desirable.

The modern world is encouraging girls to make the first move more, so your chances for that are growing.....but males will always instinctively do it more. It's our role.
May 9, 2016 9:55 PM

Jan 2014
Romantic18 said:
DoctorWasabi said:

The modern world is encouraging girls to make the first move more, so your chances for that are growing.....but males will always instinctively do it more. It's our role.

imo girls who make the first move, are really attractive. It shows they have confidence and they are not afraid to act. I don't like shy girls like everyone else, I'd love it if she was very active and does not hesitate

I understand what you're saying, girls choose the Alpha male every time. It's just how the world is, and that's all there is to it. A girl does not have to be the main role in a relationship, but ideally she should contribute alittle more than 50%.

I don't get the last part of what u were saying btw. It seems to be that the way things are now were basically the same 15 years ago
May 9, 2016 9:57 PM

Jun 2015
Romantic18 said:
DoctorWasabi said:

That's true, we do (well almost all of us do) Not many girls like to make the first move ~ and it's usually to do with our "confidence" (well it is for me)
May 9, 2016 10:01 PM
Aug 2014
DoctorWasabi said:

A girl does not have to be the main role in a relationship, but ideally she should contribute a little more than 50%.

In a relationship, both parties should contribute 100%. Even if one party is failing to do so. That's unconditional love.
DoctorWasabi said:

I don't get the last part of what u were saying btw. It seems to be that the way things are now were basically the same 15 years ago

Third-wave feminism is attempting to make women more aggressive and "male-like." It's a bit more common in the modern age to ask a guy out as a female. Instinctively, it's an uphill battle, but they are still trying to make it work.
May 9, 2016 10:34 PM

Aug 2015
honestly im okay with it. ive tried dating a few guys, but ive found that im really not in a place in my life where i can enjoy those kinds of relationships right now. my desire for companionship is currently fulfilled in my friendships. i do plan on getting married someday but what's the rush?
May 9, 2016 11:58 PM

Feb 2014
Currently single and don't have plans to change it yet.

That being said, I'm not against having a relationship, I just don't want to actively seek one out as I don't feel like committing.
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
May 10, 2016 12:01 AM

Apr 2013
My current single status is the thing I hate most about my life right now.
May 10, 2016 12:11 AM

Nov 2015
Well yes and no. I am content if the only other option is something that will not last, it's just a waste of time and energy and it feels awful in the end. The thing I'm not content with is letting somebody go by that I think has the possibility of being "the one" (as cliche as it sounds) the person that a relation ship is effortless because you understand each other.
May 10, 2016 12:36 AM

May 2015
Here-Hear said:
If you can't feel content when you're single, you shouldn't be looking for a relationship. You have to be content with yourself before you can be with someone else, else you end up with a dysfunctional relationship.

I despised being single and yet I found myself in a great relationship.

For some reason it's always extremely attractive people who say 'you don't need a relationship'.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 10, 2016 4:29 AM

Aug 2015
I have been married for 10 years, and now divorced the last 10 years. So i have 20 years experience.

It is nice being both single or married, it is also hard work either way to be happy, busy and at peace.

I am happy to remain single, and I am happy to take a chance if the right person comes my way. Either way, I am not under any pretense that it is not hard and deliberate work that is the ingredient that must be undertaken by both parties. Never go into a relationship blind.
idk about you but the closer a girl gets to looking like ronald mcdonald, the more aroused i become. CAV

where can we cast our eyes to @PoruMairu who thinks of himself a member of the true church. Helion.
May 10, 2016 5:00 AM

Jan 2013
Here-Hear said:
I've been with too many women who are stuck in a bubble. Just waiting for one who isn't. Not in a hurry, either.

This is my circumstance as well for the most part. I dislike to generalize but it's definitely applicable to my person, to the extent where I eventually stopped pursuing relations due to my opinion degrading more and more.

Nowadays I am extremely content with being single, the thought doesn't cross my mind much at all. This is particularly good because of how busy I am as of recent. I wouldn't have much time to spend with another even if I wanted too.
May 10, 2016 5:44 AM

Mar 2015
yep, relationship isn't everything in life xD.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2016 7:56 AM

May 2015
Atm there's literally no one i'd like to have a relationship with, so i really don't care.
May 10, 2016 8:48 AM

Jan 2016
Currently been single for the last few years and it's been fine, so in a sense I was content. Alot easier to rely on your self for decisions in life stuff. The older I get that seems to be changing for me.

I admit that I have been working on my self the last few months-eating better and working out. I have even decided to move back to the capital(biggest city near me in my state), I work in the capital but I commute an hour to and from every day. I live out in BFE so there isn't much to do out here. I use the expression it's like fishing in a pond with a crappy bait only to realize it's a puddle. Not social life just a bunch of farm kids and older retirees. No big markets or dinners/restaurants or even any damn sports bars without having to drive 30+ mins.

I'd like to change my current status from single for sure. It'seems be different and I feel that it would a fun change. I don't fret over it though-either way I am making life changes that will help me regardless.
Maverick-samaMay 10, 2016 10:56 AM
May 10, 2016 10:34 AM

Jul 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
Here-Hear said:
If you can't feel content when you're single, you shouldn't be looking for a relationship. You have to be content with yourself before you can be with someone else, else you end up with a dysfunctional relationship.

For some reason it's always extremely attractive people who say 'you don't need a relationship'.

Hmm, I think of it like this. If being single makes you feel bad, or makes you feel like "something is missing", then you, figuratively, have holes in your whole. If you rely on that person to be what completes you (or vice versa, you complete them) then, I can't really see that as being healthy, you get what I'm saying? It might make you feel good, and it probably should or will, but how secure is that feeling and how will you be if that person leaves and those holes are plugged out again.
Consider being content and meeting someone else who is the same, then instead of living off of each other, you both live your own lives, but ?together? (maybe "side by side" is a better phrase). Doesn't that sound more ?concrete?
May 10, 2016 10:38 AM

Sep 2014
pieceoftape said:
Atm there's literally no one i'd like to have a relationship with, so i really don't care.

kudos to you, I need to say this more often to myself instead of clinging to false hopes.
May 10, 2016 10:41 AM

May 2016
Your never alone if you find an anime bae i kinda just did a video about this too XD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLep5vX-cWY

but anyway being single is not all that bad I'm fresh newly broken and one thing that forsure is nice is i dont have to deal with nagging bs anymore so always a HUGE+
( . ) ( . ) Like Anime? Wan Get Drunk! Love Bewbs? CLICK THE PICTURE! ( . ) ( . )
May 10, 2016 10:49 AM

Apr 2016
People who need to be in relationships are cancerous, a relationship shouldnt be something you seek out it should be something you fall into.

I remember how badly i wanted a gf growing up, it seemed so cool and amazing, but i was a loser, i had no libido once in college I started to challenge myself to become closer to the person I wanted to be and I met a great girl and fell for her, that ran its course and I was alone again and for a while i wanted her more than anything, but i began to work on myself again and ive reached a complatency. Now i keep a small changing circle of tinder fuck sluts to satisfy me and leave before they can catch feelings. I feel more close to anime characters than I do to them. I never pay for anything and I have sugar mama relationships with these girls. Its nice.
May 10, 2016 1:08 PM

Jul 2007
Yes, too much work and money to put into another person.

I plan on being a spinster with tons of pets.
May 10, 2016 1:11 PM

Jan 2015
I love being single because I am me, in all my weird glory. My time, money, mess, all belong to me. My success and my failures, all me. I know what makes me happy and I am responsible for that. Being single allowed me to figure out who I am and what I need to be a sane, healthy adult.

Do I want a partner? Yes. But I've spent enough time single to know that I want someone who makes me better than I am now by filling in the gaps where I'm weak. I don't think if I wasn't so comfortable in my own skin and alone-ness, that I could so confidently say that and know what to look for.
May 10, 2016 1:12 PM

May 2013
I have been single for over a year now and I can't say it bothers me, actually I think I really needed that break. So yeah, I guess I am content for now.
May 10, 2016 1:25 PM

Dec 2013
I'm fine...

I put on the tough guy act on websites, posting about how I'm content with being single. I talk about how busy I am, how I have time for myself and don't have to worry about dealing with cootie loving girls. But in reality...

I try to avoid the obvious with anime, but the love of my waifu and the use of my hand can only get me so far. So I masturbate 5 times which is really all I'm busy with because I'm a beta introvert otaku with no friends. So instead I spend absorbent amounts of time on a site that circle jerks my fallacy.

So yeah, I'm completely content with being single, I mean I'm 16, living till 60 as an asexual can't be all that bad right guys?
I am on the edge ! The edge of the edgiest edge ever edged by edgekind !
я умерте ужасну депрессии...

May 10, 2016 2:28 PM

Jan 2016
I'm perfectly content with being single. I'm probably in the minority, but I plan to be a single virgin for the rest of my life. I've never really understood the big deal with relationships, sex and dating. Some people act like they're some sort of mandatory part of life, but I see the high divorce rates, STD's, and break ups left and right.

Whats really convinced me to stay single is my parents' marriage though; i would rather be alone than in either of their shoes.
You are now breathing manually.
May 11, 2016 12:24 AM

May 2015
Here-Hear said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Hmm, I think of it like this. If being single makes you feel bad, or makes you feel like "something is missing", then you, figuratively, have holes in your whole. If you rely on that person to be what completes you (or vice versa, you complete them) then, I can't really see that as being healthy, you get what I'm saying? It might make you feel good, and it probably should or will, but how secure is that feeling and how will you be if that person leaves and those holes are plugged out again.
Consider being content and meeting someone else who is the same, then instead of living off of each other, you both live your own lives, but ?together? (maybe "side by side" is a better phrase). Doesn't that sound more ?concrete?

If I'm not supposed to rely on human contact to make me feel whole, what should I rely on?

If I don't want a relationship because something is missing, why do I want it?

Can someone really live a life without relying on anything?
May 11, 2016 10:55 AM

Jul 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
Here-Hear said:

If I'm not supposed to rely on human contact to make me feel whole, what should I rely on?

Hmm, I never said you couldn't have human contact with anyone. I'm actually a firm believer that happiness is only true when shared. I think relations such as either family and / or friendships are an important factor to being happy, while not forgetting personal goals and such.
It's romantic relationships that people aren't careful enough when picking who or deciding when to get into. So, they create one and believe that now they're happy-sometimes even thinking that person is the sole reason for their happiness. Isn't it discomforting how often someone misinterprets infatuation for love? How similar must be what lay by the border of the line that separates one from the other?
Time can change a lot of things, how lucky will they be? Who's to say those holes plugged by the other person won't change shape, overflow, or new ones will appear? And when they do, the person be another one of those people that casually jokes around about how shitty marriage or a long-term relationship is because that's how it's suppose to be.

From my perspective, I wouldn't ask myself that question. I don't think of it as myself wanting a relationship. I think the reason to be or want to be with someone is because you met them and they seemed interesting, not because of what they can offer you. ?I'm interested in the person, not the relationship?

I don't think so, but I think it is important to try to.
May 11, 2016 11:19 AM

Oct 2009
Who needs a girlfriend when you have Polaris 10...

May 11, 2016 6:36 PM

Jan 2016
Dude being single is great for me, I got more money to spend I even bought a brand new car.
May 11, 2016 8:49 PM

Mar 2016
I have had a lot of sexual interaction despite being young and I have learned that;
#1: There are things I enjoy a lot more than being around people
#2: I have realized there is more to determining your self worth than just sexual experience
#3: I used to seek gratification from others but I have learned it is fruitless and have learned to get approval from myself instead
PlatinuMadMay 11, 2016 8:53 PM
May 11, 2016 11:19 PM

May 2015
Here-Hear said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Hmm, I never said you couldn't have human contact with anyone. I'm actually a firm believer that happiness is only true when shared. I think relations such as either family and / or friendships are an important factor to being happy, while not forgetting personal goals and such.
It's romantic relationships that people aren't careful enough when picking who or deciding when to get into. So, they create one and believe that now they're happy-sometimes even thinking that person is the sole reason for their happiness. Isn't it discomforting how often someone misinterprets infatuation for love? How similar must be what lay by the border of the line that separates one from the other?
Time can change a lot of things, how lucky will they be? Who's to say those holes plugged by the other person won't change shape, overflow, or new ones will appear? And when they do, the person be another one of those people that casually jokes around about how shitty marriage or a long-term relationship is because that's how it's suppose to be.

From my perspective, I wouldn't ask myself that question. I don't think of it as myself wanting a relationship. I think the reason to be or want to be with someone is because you met them and they seemed interesting, not because of what they can offer you. ?I'm interested in the person, not the relationship?

What makes family or friendship any more stable than romantic relationships? I know plenty of families without connections and I just realized I had two group-of-friends which were incredibly toxic.
May 12, 2016 1:20 AM

Jun 2014
I'm pretty happy with being single but I don't mind having a girlfriend

Otherwise, I get all the time to myself
You gotta do what you gotta do.
May 12, 2016 1:22 AM

Oct 2013
May 12, 2016 6:26 AM

Jul 2015
quote=TheBrainintheJar message=45988058]
Here-Hear said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

What makes family or friendship any more stable than romantic relationships? I know plenty of families without connections and I just realized I had two group-of-friends which were incredibly toxic.
window.MAL.magia = "06410c4e6b2518e9add8f6df0ccb2da2876bb8c980aacb43a8dcaa8153c0f92c";
window.MAL.madoka = "hZrDKm9k6FVRnqd3i%=K";

[/quote]
It isn't the stability of friendships or family, but the difference in nature between those and relationships.
How often does somebody lose a friend and say," I'm going to abstain and never befriend anyone again. "?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - 5 hours ago

10 by DesuMaiden »»
2 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - 8 hours ago

16 by Rinrinka »»
31 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

52 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
45 minutes ago

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - Apr 16

24 by bevarnow »»
60 minutes ago

» I'm currently on a keto diet.

scarydragon - 6 hours ago

8 by Zettaiken »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.