Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 7, 2016 9:23 PM

Nov 2009
_Esper_ said:
Do you guys think people would watch this?

I dont know man.. Will you buy the BD/DVD..? They wont producing something that wont sell. LoL

It's About $$$$

Why do you think it won't sell? How about this one:
KaoruMatsuoka said:
CSGO: The Animation, featuring five cute girls planting bombs.

I mean, Gasai Yuno is the most popular girl on MAL.
And you can have 5 of them. And since the anime never get to the ending of the original story, they don't get to die in the end. They might not even bomb anything!

On a more serious note, a lot of anime contain relevant things already. Like that time in Gate where the bunny queen ordered someone of her subordinates in the japanese base to do an assassination, and she was all religious about it.
Apr 7, 2016 9:30 PM

Mar 2015
flannan said:
_Esper_ said:
Do you guys think people would watch this?

I dont know man.. Will you buy the BD/DVD..? They wont producing something that wont sell. LoL

It's About $$$$

KaoruMatsuoka said:
CSGO: The Animation, featuring five cute girls planting bombs.

And you can have 5 of them. And since the anime never get to the ending of the original story, they don't get to die in the end. They might not even bomb anything!

On a more serious note, a lot of anime contain relevant things already. Like that time in Gate where the bunny queen ordered someone of her subordinates in the japanese base to do an assassination, and she was all religious about it.
OP are talking about anime featuring Islamic Terrorism ISIS man. What is the relation of ISIS with cute girls planting bombs LoL
This salad is salty favored
Apr 7, 2016 9:32 PM

Nov 2009
_Esper_ said:
flannan said:

OP are talking about anime featuring Islamic Terrorism ISIS man. What is the relation of ISIS with cute girls planting bombs LoL

"Based on" is not the same thing as "featuring".
Apr 7, 2016 9:38 PM

Dec 2009
No good script available.
Japanese don't want to bring Islam terrorist attention to Japan. They had no deep bite marks with the Muslims like the west. There's no need to create some. And Japan does not have full military right, their troops can hardly be sent to fight overseas.
Avoid touching tramatized relatives' wound unnecessarily, particularly in the form of entertainment. If you are interested, news analysis is available. You can ask their Middle East politics professor for a closer view.

Kuma said:
you know, isis already kidnapped japanese people once, and what japanese do?

Their gov't increased financial support to help victims instead of decreasing.
Some risked their lives to travel to Syria despite the gov't had repeatedly warned them.
Apr 7, 2016 9:39 PM

Aug 2014
well OP, looking at your discussion, you have kinda neutral point of view, so i jump in

yes we hates them, isis, and the last time they strike a bomb in Jakarta, they just pissed off the biggest muslim population in the world, a stupid move for a group that want to call themself "islamic"

but we're talking about anime here so let's talk about it

what could go wrong if japan made an anime about them?

1. it wont sell, Japan don't really give a shit about religion, and most of the trouble around the world too, though their country not closed anymore, japan still kinda detached from the world and walk their own pace

2.because it won't sell, studio definitely won't have any interest in it, anime profit largely come from BD sales and merch, ISIS themed Merch and anime? not likely

3. it definitely need a deep research, half assed knowledge about something serious like religion are a recipe for disaster, it could pissed off many people at once, and for a nation like japan that barely touching the world outside, it's not worth the risk

4.it'll invite trouble, they already have their hands full trying to avoid extinction and trying hard to raise their birthrate, get dragged to the big trouble from the west are the last thing they want

5. and yes, muslim nowadays get offended easily, it's our religion, and we try to follow the rules like it or not, so when outsider do and say whatever they like with the religion when it's not even theirs, of course we get pissed off
Apr 7, 2016 9:40 PM

Mar 2015
flannan said:
_Esper_ said:

"Based on" is not the same thing as "featuring".
Playing with words is not my specialty , so I leave it here. xD
This salad is salty favored
Apr 7, 2016 9:58 PM

Oct 2011
This is the best-worst idea ever.

Might as well make an anime of those missing Malaysia Airlines planes and passengers while we're at it.
Apr 7, 2016 10:00 PM

Aug 2014
bottle said:
NeroZeroes said:
Japan don't really give a shit about religion,

About Islam maybe. But they have their own Shinto, anime fans should be familiar. They are found easily. Christianity and Buddhism theme can be easily found too. But not Islam. Because there are some fanatics who will threaten to kill others for a stupid book or film. And there are some who did it. They do read the news and don't want to get troubled.

They had their own terrorists not so long ago. Every one can still remember, if not too young.

won't refute that, those hardliner are fact afterall, every religion have their own messed up hardliner
Apr 7, 2016 10:05 PM

Aug 2014
Zeitresu said:

Might as well make an anime of those missing Malaysia Airlines planes and passengers while we're at it.

ever read eden no ori? you can begin there for a story start from "plane goes missing"
Apr 7, 2016 10:11 PM

Oct 2011
NeroZeroes said:
Zeitresu said:

ever read eden no ori? you can begin there for a story start from "plane goes missing"

No, I haven't. I just read the synopsis for it after reading your post.
It looks really interesting actually, I'm gonna add it to my Plan to Read. Lol
Apr 7, 2016 10:49 PM

Nov 2015
Zeitresu said:

Why not take it a step further?
How about we make an anime about the Columbine Massacre?
10/10 jimmies rustled..
Apr 7, 2016 11:18 PM

Feb 2016
GarLogan78 said:
Exhalant said:

I dropped it pretty early and I have no intention of returning. One of the first things that turned me off were character designs. You could say I have high standards not really but I didn't like it regardless.

Personally I really disliked it after about the halfway point. A character that gets introduced ruined it for me.

I see, I see. Animation is of the first thing I judge in an anime. Hell, it's the first thing I notice. The story just seemed bland apart from that.
Apr 7, 2016 11:28 PM

Feb 2016
-Senpai- said:
Exhalant said:

I dropped it pretty early and I have no intention of returning. One of the first things that turned me off were character designs. You could say I have high standards not really but I didn't like it regardless.
Wtf? The character designs and the art style were literally the best part of the whole
series.

*Achievement unlocked*: Noticed by Senpai .______.

lol. that aside. I really felt the need to say that.

Clearly, we have different standards. The thing that ticks me off so much is when the scenery/background of an anime look SO GOOD but the characters look like crap. Everything just felt weird. You can say this is the same reason why I'm not watching Soul Eater. The characters weren't focused on enough for me, especially Twelve. My god... the hell? He was so irritating in terms of appearance and he was unfortunately one of the first relevant characters on screen. Apart from the animation, I didn't find the plot interesting since the first episode. Why did I keep on going after that, I have no idea. But yeah, if an anime has stupid character designs (not necessarily animation), then I'd rather not watch it.
ExhalantApr 7, 2016 11:39 PM
Apr 8, 2016 12:30 AM

Jan 2016
Exhalant said:
GesuYarou said:

Again, how would it be offensive?
Ask your muslim friend what they think of ISIS..

Well, the anime would most likely give off an effect to viewers that most muslims are still terrorists. I wonder how emotionally strong they'd have to make the anime in order for people to stop thinking that way. I have asked my muslim friend before and he clearly doesn't support ISIS. I don't think such an anime is needed, anime is already underrated as it is. And as a plus, people are offended by everything and anything... so how do you really think the public would react to such a bold move? It's pretty daring as hell, if I have to say the least.

Comic_Sans said:
Remember what happened when the Muslim anime fanbase discovered that the Noragami Argoto composer had used a sample of some Islamic prayer in the song "Push Buttons"?

It would only be a matter of time before ISIS tried to attack Japan

mimiiria said:
ColdBreeze said:
That would be quite stupid of them. Why would you try so hard to be the next victim?

Even if making a series about an Islamic terror group would be very different from a drawing cartoon prophet, it would be near impossible to keep Islam out of it. And the Japs know that it would lead to similar outrage, as Muslims get butthurt about fucking everything Islam-related in entertainment. The animation studios will likely just settle for depicting terrorism and death cults in magical/alternative universe settings like they've done before.

Anime based on Islamic Terrorism. this is very controversial issue to be discussed among anime fans. I do believe this is such a serious matter for what happen nowadays. If you asking any of your anime friends about ISIS, you will heard so many answers,

"I have a father. I'm a Muslim and he is not. Somehow he is interested about Islam. But after what happen about ISIS, he detests Islam."

"I don't know what the hell ISIS is doing that makes people around the world misunderstood about Islam. They killed innocent people and there is Islamicphobia everywhere. They carry the name of religion but they just make fun of it."

"I really hope Muslims can be accepted by everyone and don't make us the same like ISIS because they also killed our Muslims."

I don't think doing anime about ISIS is a good thing as there will be a fuss and anything could happen. I love Japan and I don't want anything related to ISIS in Japan....

and I know any Muslim fans might not like it, because anime can make a mistake to how people will think. It can turn into something negative and overall view about Islam to other people as japanese anime production needs to know first, the teaching of Islam. It is just the same like any other anime that related to religion or symbolism or whatever, the maker will need to do analysis before they started doing the animation and plot storyline. Although Muslims seem to "butthurt about fucking everything Islam-related in entertainment" like what @mimiiria said, they just being careful in handling their God and prophet teaching and I don't think there is anything wrong about that. It is the same like people insulting and make fun of your mother, of course you will be mad. The Muslims also want to have fun like any other people, but they don't like any insult in entertainment about religion.

Thus, my answer is it is not appropriated to do anime about ISIS because it would lead to something unexpected (anything could happen at least for now). Let's understand each other for now and prevent the fighting before discussing about making anime.
HenshinDriftApr 8, 2016 12:33 AM
Apr 8, 2016 1:05 AM

Jul 2015
HenshinDrift said:

and I know any Muslim fans might not like it, because anime can make a mistake to how people will think. It can turn into something negative and overall view about Islam to other people as japanese anime production needs to know first, the teaching of Islam. It is just the same like any other anime that related to religion or symbolism or whatever, the maker will need to do analysis before they started doing the animation and plot storyline. Although Muslims seem to "butthurt about fucking everything Islam-related in entertainment" like what @mimiiria said, they just being careful in handling their God and prophet teaching and I don't think there is anything wrong about that. It is the same like people insulting and make fun of your mother, of course you will be mad. The Muslims also want to have fun like any other people, but they don't like any insult in entertainment about religion.
It would be hard not to slander a mother who teaches others love and peace, and to others murder and conquest. Yes, salafism is Islam too, whether other Muslims like admitting it or not.

There is also a difference in the reaction. If someone talks trash about your mother, it can obviously be upsetting but most people can just disregard it or at most retort verbally. And that's it. Muslims however are infamous for wishing death upon the people insulting (or 'insulting') their mother, or in this case their God and religion. There have been death threats, murder attempts and actual terrorist attacks that the people who did something Muslims dislike have had to face. That is an absolutely disproportionate reaction to a measly insult and there is no way to see it as justifiable.

Of course the people who actually commit these terrorist attacks are a tiny minority while the majority is peaceful, BUT there is always little to no objection from the Muslim communities when it comes to this kind of violence. The majority acts like it's acceptable to punish those who dare to look into Islam from outsider's perspective and perhaps criticize it, and since they themselves don't commit the crimes they can act all innocent. #NotAllMuslims and all that bs.

If the Muslims don't want people to think they're all trigger-happy savages, then they should actively take responsibility of those few who manage to hurt people. It's their disapproval and condemnation that can stop or at least lessen the amount of these nutjobs. Non-Muslim people are always told that they can't judge Islam because they haven't studied it or that they haven't grown up in the community, so they 'don't know enough' and 'don't understand how good it actually is'. I'm not a Muslim and I haven't read the Quran, but I do know what Islamic terror groups are capable of doing. That should be enough knowledge to allow me to criticize Islam imo, especially if something bad happens near me. So if the Muslims are tired of hearing critique from us infidels, then they should actively use their knowledge of Islam and the community to cleanse its reputation. People will eventually get tired of diversity if it keeps shooting them in the face.

(Sorry for going slightly OT... ISIS can suck balls, I hope ISIS-chan becomes an anime that mocks the shit out of them.)
Apr 8, 2016 1:40 AM

Oct 2013
Japanese people only care about themselves and White people, y'all should know that
Apr 8, 2016 4:20 AM

Jan 2016
mimiiria said:

If the Muslims don't want people to think they're all trigger-happy savages, then they should actively take responsibility of those few who manage to hurt people. It's their disapproval and condemnation that can stop or at least lessen the amount of these nutjobs. Non-Muslim people are always told that they can't judge Islam because they haven't studied it or that they haven't grown up in the community, so they 'don't know enough' and 'don't understand how good it actually is'. I'm not a Muslim and I haven't read the Quran, but I do know what Islamic terror groups are capable of doing. That should be enough knowledge to allow me to criticize Islam imo, especially if something bad happens near me. So if the Muslims are tired of hearing critique from us infidels, then they should actively use their knowledge of Islam and the community to cleanse its reputation. People will eventually get tired of diversity if it keeps shooting them in the face.

When I said there is nothing wrong it was just my personal opinion. I didn't say anyone should think about what I think. I know, Muslims should do something about it. But, from my [[personal opinion]], both side should get to know each other first rather than waiting for the muslims to do everything because from my knowledge Muslims have done everything they can but no one try to care. Even the media try to manipulate the truth about Islam. I truly know Muslims also want to be friend with Non-Muslims.

But I believe you are one out of the minority who can understand Muslims. I'm sorry if there is any that offence you and and to the Muslims who read this that can displeasure them, also to my friends. I hope what I said did not separate us together and our mutual understanding.
Apr 8, 2016 4:35 AM

Mar 2015
Didn't Full metal panic have some brown terrorists? That's probably the closest anime has gone to Islamic terrorism.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

30 by FZREMAKE »»
6 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

93 by Zarutaku »»
10 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 1 hour ago

16 by Coaghim »»
11 minutes ago

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - 2 hours ago

4 by TsutanaiFuun »»
20 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

124 by Matt_MurD0CK »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.