Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 7, 2016 9:40 AM

Nov 2015
We have plenty of movies on this. Why can't we have an anime as well?
Doesn't Japan consider ISIS to be a major threat right now? Why don't they just hop on to the fear mongering band wagon and make an anime about their military forces fending off ISIS.

Or maybe they can make one revolving around the lives of 5 ISIS recruits & how their life changed after this one phone call or facebook message.

Do you guys think people would watch this?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 7, 2016 9:47 AM
Jul 2018
Eh, I'm not sure that's a financially viable option. That's a pretty touchy subject and these massacres carried out by ISIS recently would be a bit much for an anime adaptation. There are already some shows that cover the terrorism theme, I think covering a real organization like ISIS is a bit overkill and inconsiderate of what's going on in the world. I certainly wouldn't watch it, not right now.
Apr 7, 2016 9:50 AM

Jul 2014
I think Japan suffers less and is affected less than Eastern Europe when it somes to ISIS terrorism, so what's the point of creating fear within the people about Islamic extremists when it is not a problem for them. (For now anyways)
Apr 7, 2016 9:52 AM

Jun 2015
OP haven't watched Cat Shit One yet.
Apr 7, 2016 9:54 AM

Mar 2014
Remember what happened when the Muslim anime fanbase discovered that the Noragami Argoto composer had used a sample of some Islamic prayer in the song "Push Buttons"?

It would only be a matter of time before ISIS tried to attack Japan
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 7, 2016 9:55 AM

Jul 2014
Anime about Isis, whitewash themselves as victims, Anti-hero, has conflict about killing, the world is villain.

Sounds like something edgy teens would love.
Apr 7, 2016 9:58 AM

Nov 2015
Deago said:

Soooooo basically zootopia with an army theme slapped on it?
Also disappointed at the lack of cats..
Comic_Sans said:
Remember what happened when the Muslim anime fanbase discovered that the Noragami Argoto composer had used a sample of some Islamic prayer in the song "Push Buttons"?

Wait, weren't you the one who made that thread about KyoAni being attacked by ISIS?
Apr 7, 2016 10:01 AM
Jan 2013
Where is muh Isis-Chan CGDCT series?

Now that's the reeeeeeeeeal deeeeeeeeeal
gone bai bai
Apr 7, 2016 10:03 AM

Aug 2015
You got a death wish >.>

Japan has possibly no threats to worry about from ISIS. At least the normal community there. And that's why they don't give a shit about them, forget making an anime about it. Why should they waste their time on something that doesn't concern them in the first place!

*Slaps @Deago to Mars for finding such an awesome anime*
Apr 7, 2016 10:04 AM

May 2015
CSGO: The Animation, featuring five cute girls planting bombs.
Apr 7, 2016 10:04 AM

Mar 2014
GesuYarou said:
Deago said:

Comic_Sans said:

Wait, weren't you the one who made that thread about KyoAni being attacked by ISIS?
Correct
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1473918
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 7, 2016 10:11 AM
Jun 2015
i dont think anime is the right medium for it, if America isn't making a cartoon about it why would Japan make an anime about it? I think that there are enough anime's as well that depict types of terrorism as well as political themes eg. Zankyou no Terror, Higashi no Eden, Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Psycho-Pass
Apr 7, 2016 10:34 AM

Jul 2015
ColdBreeze said:
That would be quite stupid of them. Why would you try so hard to be the next victim?
Basically this. I'm sure the Japanese are well aware of what the Danish comic artist who drew Mohammed had to go through, as well as other provocative publications like Charlie Hebdo.

Even if making a series about an Islamic terror group would be very different from a drawing cartoon prophet, it would be near impossible to keep Islam out of it. And the Japs know that it would lead to similar outrage, as Muslims get butthurt about fucking everything Islam-related in entertainment. The animation studios will likely just settle for depicting terrorism and death cults in magical/alternative universe settings like they've done before.
mimiiriaApr 7, 2016 10:38 AM
Apr 7, 2016 10:38 AM

Apr 2016
We live on an age were people are easily offended by just about anything. If a lot of people currently complain about the pose of a female video game character, the same would apply for this type of movie.
Apr 7, 2016 11:47 AM

Jul 2014
kamisama751 said:

The state won't allow it.

I thought anime studios couldn't care less about the localisation to other countries. (Hence that's why tsukkomis and festivals are rampant in many anime.)
Apr 7, 2016 11:51 AM

Oct 2014
They can't openly attack ISIS because the studio's member may all get killed. It would need to be set in a fantasy world and people would just have to know it was based on ISIS.
Apr 7, 2016 12:01 PM

Oct 2015
Comic_Sans said:

Interesting fact, this also happened in the original Fire Temple Music in Zelda Ocarnia of Time, Nintendo had to release another version of the game with the song replaced (My version of the game actually has it).

There was also a Xbox game called Kakuto Chojin: Back Alley Brutal which was also recalled because it used the same exact chants in a song.

There was also a racing game for the Arcade and N64 called Crusn' The World which used yet the same exact chants again in one of the songs but for some reason no one ever got mad at that game.
MattKitsune96Apr 7, 2016 12:06 PM
Apr 7, 2016 12:03 PM

Oct 2013
Why would you want something like that??? Smh
Apr 7, 2016 12:06 PM

Sep 2012
You know there was a Japanese translator who translated Salman Rushdie's "The Satanic Verses" and was murdered by an Islamic extremist for it? This is not the kind of topic Japan would want to touch.
Apr 7, 2016 12:07 PM

Apr 2014
I don't know, maybe Japan is hipster enough to not meddle with mainstream thing like religion.
Apr 7, 2016 12:28 PM

Sep 2015
Yeah...that doesn't sound like a good idea...
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Apr 7, 2016 12:41 PM

Jun 2012
As a whole, the concept of this is entirely deplorable and uninteresting. The issues that need be tackled to portray a compelling story in such a story are not fit for the medium, as the medium is best at creating a picture far from reality. Rather than worrying about what an extremist group would do out of retaliation, the real concern would be the distaste and discontent of the fans. No one will want to watch a shitty series about Islam and terrorism in this medium; they can just go watch it on the history channel or something. It's an outright horrendous idea.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Apr 7, 2016 12:48 PM
Mar 2011
as a suring ofa terror attack id gfind it unsyo ot watch anime directly based on tany sort of terrorist at all
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 7, 2016 12:57 PM

Apr 2015
Crap, someone beat me to the punch with Cat Shit One/ Apocalypse Meow.
GesuYarou said:
Deago said:

Cat shit #1 is the name of the unit, the reason behind the americans being rabbits instead of cats is because of a Japanese pun, Vietnamese are cats for what is worth. I would argue Cat shit one is more racist than Zootopia too, I mean the Chinese are freaking pandas and the Australians kangaroos.
Apr 7, 2016 1:23 PM

Jun 2015
Sh0g0Mak1sh1ma said:
i dont think anime is the right medium for it, if America isn't making a cartoon about it why would Japan make an anime about it? I think that there are enough anime's as well that depict types of terrorism as well as political themes eg. Zankyou no Terror, Higashi no Eden, Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Psycho-Pass

Now that someone has mentioned Psycho-Pass, OP should also check this out:
DeagoApr 7, 2016 1:31 PM
Apr 7, 2016 3:58 PM
Nov 2015
Well if there was an Anime based on Islamic Terrorism.

It would be the bomb...

Okay. I'll show myself out.
Apr 7, 2016 3:59 PM

Mar 2016
Wasn't there a terrorist anime a few seasons back?
Apr 7, 2016 4:06 PM
Oct 2015
If this shit is allowed, then I want an anime about my favorite incident, 9/11.
The main character will be George Bush, voiced by Kamiya Hiroshi.
Apr 7, 2016 5:55 PM

Aug 2014
Did you not see archer's backstory- he's a counter terrorist guardian!

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Apr 7, 2016 7:44 PM

Mar 2015
you know, isis already kidnapped japanese people once, and what japanese do?
Mkim said:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/isis-chan
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 7, 2016 8:11 PM

Mar 2015
Do you guys think people would watch this?

I dont know man.. Will you buy the BD/DVD..? They wont producing something that wont sell. LoL

It's About $$$$
EsperApr 7, 2016 8:19 PM
This salad is salty favored
Apr 7, 2016 8:13 PM

Jul 2008
Veredin said:

Yeah, but Zankyou no Terror (if that is what you were thinking of) was about Japanese "terrorists" not like any sort of foreign threat.
Apr 7, 2016 8:16 PM

Feb 2013
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

kappa
Apr 7, 2016 8:25 PM
Jan 2013
Kuma said:
Mkim said:

Lest we forget the twitter montages too

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/isis-crappy-collage-grand-prix

And of course you can have both at the same time

gone bai bai
Apr 7, 2016 8:30 PM

Mar 2015
Mkim said:
Kuma said:

Lest we forget the twitter montages too

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/isis-crappy-collage-grand-prix

And of course you can have both at the same time

yas, japan at it finest. they "got" threatened, they make meme instead. what a country.....
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 7, 2016 8:31 PM

Oct 2014
Too many social Marxists would be triggered.
What Kabaneri Did Wrong:
- Edgelord protagonist
- Special snowflake girlfriend
- Giving humans powers
- Failing to create a unique/memorable setting

What Kabaneri Did Right:
Apr 7, 2016 8:38 PM

Feb 2016
I think that would be laughable. Maybe offensive, rude, degrading and socially unacceptable but it would still most likely make me laugh.
Apr 7, 2016 8:42 PM

Sep 2009
We do. Mobile Suit Gundam 00. Setsuna is an Islamic terrorist.
Also Full Metal Panic. MC is an Islamic child soldier and has to fight an Islamic terrorist.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 7, 2016 8:45 PM

Nov 2015
Xaphina said:
We live on an age were people are easily offended by just about anything. If a lot of people currently complain about the pose of a female video game character, the same would apply for this type of movie.
-Senpai- said:
Yeah...that doesn't sound like a good idea...
keragamming said:
Why would you want something like that??? Smh
tr1ckst3r said:
I don't know, maybe Japan is hipster enough to not meddle with mainstream thing like religion.

I don't get it.
ISIS isn't really about religion, it's about the potential threat the world might face in the future.
I don't think muslims will be offended by some chinese cartoon that condemns terrorism..
Mkim said:

Now that's the reeeeeeeeeal deeeeeeeeeal

10/10 would watch.
I've already contacted one of my buddies at KyoAni, they say they'll be on it right after thy're done with Hibike 2..
Apr 7, 2016 8:46 PM

Nov 2015
Exhalant said:
I think that would be laughable. Maybe offensive, rude, degrading and socially unacceptable but it would still most likely make me laugh.

Again, how would it be offensive?
Ask your muslim friend what they think of ISIS..
Apr 7, 2016 8:52 PM

Sep 2015
@GesuYarou I know that ISIS isn't a religion. But c'mon, we live in a day and age where people get offended by everything. Just this sentence alone it's probably offending like 10 people.

So it's better to stay away from controversial topics, such as this.
NasalShark said:

Apr 7, 2016 8:52 PM

Mar 2016
GarLogan78 said:
Veredin said:

Yeah, but Zankyou no Terror (if that is what you were thinking of) was about Japanese "terrorists" not like any sort of foreign threat.

How was it btw?

MagaiaMagaiaMagaia
Apr 7, 2016 8:54 PM

Feb 2016
GesuYarou said:
Exhalant said:

Again, how would it be offensive?
Ask your muslim friend what they think of ISIS..

Well, the anime would most likely give off an effect to viewers that most muslims are still terrorists. I wonder how emotionally strong they'd have to make the anime in order for people to stop thinking that way. I have asked my muslim friend before and he clearly doesn't support ISIS. I don't think such an anime is needed, anime is already underrated as it is. And as a plus, people are offended by everything and anything... so how do you really think the public would react to such a bold move? It's pretty daring as hell, if I have to say the least.
Apr 7, 2016 8:55 PM

Nov 2015
-Senpai- said:
@GesuYarou I know that ISIS isn't a religion. But c'mon, we live in a day and age where people get offended by everything. Just this sentence alone it's probably offending like 10 people.

Soooo rape is okay but ISIS?
naaaah..

Apr 7, 2016 8:58 PM

Feb 2016
Veredin said:
GarLogan78 said:

How was it btw?

MagaiaMagaiaMagaia

I dropped it pretty early and I have no intention of returning. One of the first things that turned me off were character designs. You could say I have high standards not really but I didn't like it regardless.
Apr 7, 2016 9:01 PM

Sep 2015
Exhalant said:
Veredin said:

How was it btw?

MagaiaMagaiaMagaia

I dropped it pretty early and I have no intention of returning. One of the first things that turned me off were character designs. You could say I have high standards not really but I didn't like it regardless.
Wtf? The character designs and the art style were literally the best part of the whole series.
NasalShark said:

Apr 7, 2016 9:06 PM

Sep 2015
GesuYarou said:
-Senpai- said:

naaaah..

By your own logic...just because some anime deals with rape, then more anime should be focused on controversial topics because fuck it, why not?
NasalShark said:

Apr 7, 2016 9:10 PM

Jul 2008
Exhalant said:
Veredin said:

How was it btw?

MagaiaMagaiaMagaia

Personally I really disliked it after about the halfway point. A character that gets introduced ruined it for me.
Apr 7, 2016 9:11 PM

Nov 2015
-Senpai- said:
GesuYarou said:

naaaah..

By your own logic...just because some anime deals with rape, then more anime should be focused on controversial topics because fuck it, why not?

Well I guess it is just my personal preference, because after all:
Apr 7, 2016 9:18 PM

Sep 2015
GesuYarou said:
-Senpai- said:

Well I guess it is just my personal preference, because after all:
It takes more than that to ruslte my jimmies, Gesu.

Tbh my whole comment was pure rambling because I'm too proud to admit that I lose an argument online. With all seriousness, it's pretty obvious the double standard on this matter BUT I DIDN'T FUCKING LOSE, OK?
NasalShark said:

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Anime you hope will be announced as soon as possible.

Dominusew - 16 minutes ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
12 seconds ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

168 by StyxParadise »»
3 minutes ago

» You truly don't care about anime MAL score/rank? Ooh cool, but... ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 21

87 by camay1997 »»
4 minutes ago

» something you dislike about your favorite character

Kenzolo-folk - Yesterday

24 by Hitagi__Furude »»
5 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men?

Alpha_1_Zero - 44 minutes ago

4 by Spunkert »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.