Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 1 Discussion

Jul 2, 2016 8:04 AM

Lol this was a very entertaining first episode! Also surprised (but VERY pleased) with the seiyuu line-up~ Also love the ED OST!! I hope this series gets even better! ^^
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .

Jul 5, 2016 4:37 AM

An interesting and funny start to this one, I like it!

Also this might be the first time I see an ED immediately follow its OP!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Jul 8, 2016 10:57 AM

Dazai is hot af omgg.
I love the expressions ♥

Jul 17, 2016 8:12 AM

Average start, nothing too interesting at first to be honest other than the overall concept which is still pretty vague.

Jul 29, 2016 11:44 PM

I liked this one, because idiotic characters and their dumb jokes entertain me usually. Nothing special so far, so let's see how it goes in the upcoming eps.
Modified by x0lt0x, Jul 29, 2016 11:47 PM

Dec 3, 2016 9:43 AM

Interesting star!!! Tiger, a very strong, although only in the nighs with full moon!!!!

Hello, my litte boy!

Dec 17, 2016 2:46 PM
I have many high hopes for this anime 😄

Mar 8, 2017 5:51 AM

It was kinda slow but it was alright

Jun 25, 2017 8:08 PM

YAAASSSSSS! I like dis first episode :DDD

already 3 fucking flashbacks of his past tho LMFAAAOOOO.
Modified by Kokoro_Inuzuka, Jun 25, 2017 11:43 PM

Dec 8, 2017 4:53 AM

it has Baccano & Durarara vibe

Dazai: i was just messing with u
ME: lol
Modified by Sugram22, Dec 8, 2017 5:00 AM

Mar 7, 2018 10:35 AM

This was a pretty solid first episode, excited to see more.

Apr 6, 2018 10:07 PM

Very nice first episode. Good class animation. I aalso like the characters, especially the suicidal maniac. He is a very great detective.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 13, 2018 4:22 PM

alpha_shadow said:
Wow! This was excellent! The animation, the OST, the characters and their designs, the concept, I love it. It's kind of like a weird combo of Durarara, Kekkai Sensen, Darker than Black and Ouran Host High School Club (lol).

yeah i was getting drrr vibes off of this as well. and now that you mentioned kekkai sensen yeah that as well.

Drake1000 said:
Reeks of generic shonen especially with that typical shonen comedy, I expected a more mature approach when I read the synopsis, oh well.

tbh unfortunately.

Simulacra5202 said:
After reading "No Longer Human" by Osamu Dazai a few months ago, and then finding a character loosely based on both the novel and author, I had to find it ironic. Early on in No Longer Human, the main character commits a double suicide with a women who he had slept with and further discovered they shared the same/similar distaste for life. Most ironically they jump off a cliff together, she dies he survives, and now theres finally an alternative ending to that first book in No Longer Human. He was rescued by the author Atsushi Nakajima! So thats what happened! tehehe : )
Anyways I'm looking forward to this series, this and mayoiga will definitely suit my tastes.

what a very interesting book.
---------
i hate false advertising which is the same as lying. the trailer promised something serious and we barely get any of that here. the MC's age is extremely vauge in my opinion but i'm guessing he's 17-18 because of his body type and that he was in an orphanage. comedy threw me off completely and it's getting close to grating at this point. all the agents "happening" to be together at the same time was way too cheesy lol. OP is meh anf ED is gay af, that can't be a good sign. although i did like how they shoved both songs into the episode.

Apr 24, 2018 6:38 AM

The comedy is a bit forced but nevermind. I'm glad that i like the characters. Atsuhi seems too generic yet Dazai is much better. 3/5
Life has no meaning.

May 14, 2018 3:10 AM

Bones just always delivers in terms of animation. What a beautiful studio.

Sep 27, 2018 4:54 PM

Dazai is already my favourite character.

Oct 6, 2018 7:56 PM

I was so wrong about this series, I thought that Atsushi was a super serious and brooding protagonist but I was proven wrong in the first two minutes LOL.

Really enjoyed the art style and the expressions make it 10x funnier! It seems a bit reminiscent of Soul Eater.

A lot of the literary references flew over my head, oof.

Jan 10, 8:14 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Really good first episode, it is my guess this is the kind of thing I can expect from this series.
Seems like I will have quite some fun with this one, Bones animation and budget was everywhere too~~

Jun 22, 4:56 PM

I put off watching this show for a while, because I am opposed to the idea of suicide as a central theme to an animated show. Also, there far too few signs of action. Now that I've seen what the show can be hopefully it turns out well.

The high quality animation of the late 2010s really makes watching the show a bit more bearable. Sadly, it will probably be forgotten along with the likes of soul eater and blue exorcist.
Modified by Hyuno, Jun 22, 6:09 PM

Jun 22, 5:48 PM
Hyuno said:
I put off watching this show for a while, because I am opposed to the idea of suicide as a central theme to an animated show. Also, there far too few signs of action. Now that I've seen what the show can be hopefully it turns out well.

The high quality animation of the later 2010s really make watching the show a bit more bearable. Sadly, it will probably be forgotten along with the likes of soul eater and blue exorcist.

I was in the same boat, but Dazai's suicidal tendencies are kinda funny, well written, and weirdly light-hearted

Aug 7, 5:46 AM

White tiger is pretty badass sure but it's kinda lame that he has to transform before he can do some flashy shit. He has to have some other abilities

Oct 11, 11:40 PM

Just one episode and i love it
Demon Slayers ♤♡◇♧ 鬼滅の刃

Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]