Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2016 2:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hm, I thought it was alright, wasn't that impressed by the first episode though as it's what I had expected. Exorcism, main characters introduced, and otherworldly creatures...

I really like the OST thought when Benio is fighting. Hopefully the season will explore more about their characters as well.
Apr 6, 2016 3:56 AM

May 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Hm, I thought it was alright, wasn't that impressed by the first episode though as it's what I had expected. Exorcism, main characters introduced, and otherworldly creatures...

I really like the OST thought when Benio is fighting. Hopefully the season will explore more about their characters as well.

It starts slow, it gets WAY better very soon, just hope it's 2-cour
Apr 6, 2016 4:24 AM
Dec 2011
JudeMaxwell said:
Stark700 said:

It's 4 cour according to chinese official stream site.
Apr 6, 2016 4:27 AM

Dec 2012
That was an alright first episode. The art style is ok. The song at the end was not bad.
Benio pretty badass taking down those smaller Kegare.

Rokuro defeating the bigger one with one hit.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 6, 2016 4:37 AM

Dec 2013
Ok first episode. Benio's expressions in this episode amused me.

Not a big fan of the Rokuro's design. Teeth and eyes feels off to me.

Action was cool in this episode. Rokuro already seems op.
Apr 6, 2016 4:39 AM

Sep 2012
Just OK? Not sure we watched the same show. I thought that was a great start to it, looking forward to more. Wasn't sure given the airing time if I'd like it but it seems even with it being on fairly early on TV Tokyo they have kept it very dark.
Apr 6, 2016 4:42 AM

Aug 2008
Oh it sure is hard to get over how bad the MC's design is and how lame he is. I miss protagonists you were supposed to look up to, not pity or laugh at.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 6, 2016 4:54 AM

Jun 2015
It seemed to be going nowhere fast with all that slapstick nonsense at the beginning, but Magano and the Kegare have a really interesting style. The fights were just okay but with time I think they'll get better. Seeing a bunch of text pop up after every attack name got real old real fast, though...
Apr 6, 2016 4:57 AM

May 2013
Who ever said Natsuki Hanae is a bad decision for voicing Rokuro is a complete retard after this.
Apr 6, 2016 4:59 AM

Jan 2012
Hmmmm....not a bad first episode, maybe a bit slow. It's been awhile since I read the earliest chapters of the manga, but I think the stuff with Benio on the train was anime only, up until she falls from the sky. I could be wrong on that though. Interesting how Magano was given a red tint. For whatever reason I never picture it with one while reading the manga. It was really nice to finally see my favorite girl Mayura and her big, beautiful tits animated! XD
Apr 6, 2016 4:59 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
D-Joe said:
JudeMaxwell said:

No way this is 4 cour O_O

Anyway, against all odds, I heard that this was actually adapted very well with chapter 1 given justice so I'm kinda proud of Pierrot lol
Apr 6, 2016 5:02 AM

Jul 2013
Ok first episode. The battles looks cool and all, though the character design is weird. However, I liked the female MC a bit for her expressions. The guy at the end made me laugh with that face.
Apr 6, 2016 5:02 AM

May 2014
Who the fuck was the crazy chick at the end?!
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 6, 2016 5:08 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
That was pretty decent, better than what I expected. Some of the character designs are mediocre imo.

3/5
Apr 6, 2016 5:08 AM

Mar 2016
Antanaru said:
I miss protagonists you were supposed to look up to, not pity or laugh at.

Well, characters like that usually end up being so after some development.
The point in Rokuro being pitiful and just overall lame in most aspects is to show that he's not good at anything besides exorcism, something he really does not want to do ever since the tragedy that happened to him but life's like "Welp, you'll probably be forced back into it considering how much talent you have for it."
LulupusApr 6, 2016 5:15 AM
Apr 6, 2016 5:13 AM
Jul 2018
Tokoya said:
D-Joe said:

Anyway, against all odds, I heard that this was actually adapted very well with chapter 1 given justice so I'm kinda proud of Pierrot lol

the chinese site has official streaming license of the show, so it can be trusted I think, for 4 cours http://i.imgur.com/L9oHWfN.jpg

No way I am going to watch this
Apr 6, 2016 5:17 AM

Mar 2014
Alright first episode. I enjoyed the animation. The characters colors amidst the dark backgrounds felt slightly off putting, but I prefer this to incredibly dark visuals that blend end to the background. The rest of the animation felt smooth.

The fight scenes were well animated but started feeling repetitive by the end of the episode, so I hope the switch it up as the season goes on. I am referring specifically to the close up on the face mask right before doing a 'signature' move.

The pacing felt a little fast and I wasn't a fan of the flashback at the very beginning of the episode. This probably comes down to personal tastes.

So far the anime seems very typical in terms of plot and characters, but the production quality seems to be higher than other shows. I will definitely continue watching, but I will not be expecting too much moving forward.
But that's just one opinion.
Apr 6, 2016 5:18 AM

Jan 2015
Tokoya said:
D-Joe said:

Sasuga Pierrot...
Apr 6, 2016 5:21 AM

Mar 2016
I liked how Pierrot added stuff that was supplemental to the source material. We got to see why Benio fell from the sky, for instance.

And the parts where the attack names showed up kinda reminded me of video games ^^
Apr 6, 2016 5:21 AM
Dec 2015
Tokoya said:
D-Joe said:

They're adapted perfectly.

With 4 cours they can adapting into latest volume (8 volume so far and with this pace they can adapted 10/11 volumes) which is good and not rushed. Maybe they can added some fillers. It's like Gintama 2015, considering that this show also replace Gintama timeslot.
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Apr 6, 2016 5:26 AM

Sep 2015
I have always like onmyouji kind of genre, those chantings and talismen and stuffs very cool.
TyrelApr 6, 2016 2:13 PM
Apr 6, 2016 5:27 AM

Jun 2014
Damn, I didn't expect it to be this good. Very nice episode, we got introduced to some details about our MCs and the OST is good. Wagakki Band are amazing for the OP.
Apr 6, 2016 5:32 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
After watching this episode myself, they kinda changed a good amount of things

Like things played out virtually the same way as the manga but this kinda scares me because I don't want them to deviate from the manga too much going forward because there's no need to really....But that train scene with Benio was a nice touch I must admit

Either way, I thought that the episode was good enough, the character designs still bother me but at least the animationand fight scenes were pretty good....Voice acting was perfect surprisingly too
TokoyaApr 6, 2016 5:36 AM
Apr 6, 2016 5:32 AM

Jul 2014
Paper in Japan is surprisingly throwable. Her mask is probably stored in the same inter-dimensional pocket Sailor Moon's wand is.

Not much on this season, guess I'll watch.
Apr 6, 2016 5:33 AM

Aug 2008
Lulupus said:
Antanaru said:
I miss protagonists you were supposed to look up to, not pity or laugh at.

The point in Rokuro being pitiful and just overall lame in most aspects is to show that he's not good at anything besides exorcism, something he really does not want to do ever since the tragedy that happened to him but life's like "Welp, you'll probably be forced back into it considering how much talent you have for it."
It can be done without reducing him to a comic relief character. I'm just tired of this trend in anime nowadays. It's being so overdone you need only a couple of seconds to think "oh, it's that kind of character" and immediately become bored since there's nothing to discover about it. There's so much you can do with "premade elements".
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 6, 2016 5:33 AM

Dec 2014
Well I think ... It was okay
Apr 6, 2016 5:34 AM

Feb 2016
CrotakuShinobi said:

That's a man, baby.
Apr 6, 2016 5:40 AM

May 2015
Pretty good first episode. It gave us a nice introduction to the characters. The backrounds in Magano were cool with their dark color scheme. I think I'll like this.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Apr 6, 2016 5:44 AM

Jul 2014
dilation said:
CrotakuShinobi said:

That's a man, baby.

Crazy-eyes-bugging-out = villain. It's anime, crazy people are evil.
Apr 6, 2016 5:45 AM

Sep 2009
I don't know. I like the first episode but it seem they changed quite a bit. I mean the first time we see Rokuro in the manga is when he come home after getting rejected in the manga and I don't think I ever saw that fox spirit in the Manga unless it's later then has been translated.
Apr 6, 2016 5:48 AM

Mar 2016
komic said:
I don't know. I like the first episode but it seem they changed quite a bit. I mean the first time we see Rokuro in the manga is when he come home after getting rejected in the manga and I don't think I ever saw that fox spirit in the Manga unless it's later then has been translated.

The fox shikigami is an anime-only character but his design can be found in the extras of volume 6
Apr 6, 2016 5:51 AM

Jan 2013
Pretty standard battle shonen pilot episode. Poor busty childhood friend will have no chance romantically. Found the attack names on screen to be fairly silly but that's what the genre does sometimes.

Liked the kegare designs.

I'll stick to it for now. Should be an okay lazy afternoon watch.
Apr 6, 2016 5:53 AM

Mar 2016
Antanaru said:
Lulupus said:

It can be done without reducing him to a comic relief character. I'm just tired of this trend in anime nowadays. It's being so overdone you need only a couple of seconds to think "oh, it's that kind of character" and immediately become bored since there's nothing to discover about it. There's so much you can do with "premade elements".

The mangaka's previous work was a comedy so it makes sense to make Rokuro a comic relief at times. In fact, the author makes all of the characters in this story have at least one thing laughable about them, so it's not just the protagonist. It also balances out his angst that we'll eventually see later, which is nice since edgelord protagonists who are serious and angsty all the time tend to be very boring as well.
Apr 6, 2016 5:58 AM
Jul 2011
Man that anime-original animal's voice annoyed me. This episode was actually decent. Hopefully we get the hear the ED next ep.
Apr 6, 2016 6:01 AM
Mar 2016
Well Done Pierrot
My Hype is Falling down to hell
only Good think in sousei no onmyounji eps 1 is Wagakki Band's Valkryie
Art so Average
Sound, what the hell with battle BGM? so worse
Apr 6, 2016 6:07 AM

Apr 2014
wow this was actually better than boku no hero

im impressed
Apr 6, 2016 6:08 AM

Jul 2015
4/5
I liked it, but I wasn't all that excited or impressed by it. I did enjoy it though, and shall continue. Biggest problem I have so far though, is Enmada Rokuro's character. I don't really like him -^-
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 6, 2016 6:09 AM

Mar 2015
I don't know.. i will probably drop it, the story seemed a quite weak, the characters personalities, and the "villain" at the end so stereotyped, all these things about "my power is a curse" too, the art that was average at best.

If it's 4cour i'm out, no way i'm gonna watch.
lezermanApr 6, 2016 6:14 AM
Apr 6, 2016 6:14 AM
Feb 2009
ok start cute girl meets op boy
Apr 6, 2016 6:15 AM

Apr 2014
Pretty good start.

They added some anime original material but I'd say it was a good decision. It helped to establish Benio's character properly and also introduces some of the characters.

The art design and animation also seems decent for a 4 cour show. (Thank god it's not like World Trigger)
Apr 6, 2016 6:15 AM

Jan 2015
I imagined Mayura being with Yellow/Orange hair..(blonde/ging)...But with greenish color she looks awesome....Rokuro & Benio voices are the same as I imagined....just please let this show get full 25/ 2 cour episodes....+ a second season & I want my 29th chapter of the manga already!!!!
Apr 6, 2016 6:17 AM
Dec 2011
No one has anything to say about that voice talking with benio during the fight? seriously? Please don't tell me they added "talking little friends"...
Apr 6, 2016 6:20 AM

Apr 2014
Konte said:
I imagined Mayura being with Yellow/Orange hair..(blonde/ging)...But with greenish color she looks awesome....Rokuro & Benio voices are the same as I imagined....just please let this show get full 25/ 2 cour episodes....+ a second season & I want my 29th chapter of the manga already!!!!

Chinese streaming site lists the show as 4 cour.
Apr 6, 2016 6:21 AM
Jul 2009
Benio was kind of a disappointment. I thought she would be as strong as the guy at least, but he's a lot stronger than she is.
Apr 6, 2016 6:29 AM

Apr 2013
Wow, I completely forgot there was an adaptation for this.Ever since Japanzai stopped translating the manga i kinda forgot about the series
(though i did read the newest chapters translated by other source).

Apr 6, 2016 6:34 AM

Oct 2012
Ok episode. Will keep watching because of the author.
Apr 6, 2016 6:37 AM

Sep 2010
This was pretty good first episode.

Remembering the little manga I read of it, this will be a good anime... sadly naturally manga is far from over and this is advertisement for that manga, so what we will get is yet another unfinished show, because of that I can't be too hyped about it.

Still, the story that anime will be adapting is pretty good as well and there are some good fights out there as well, so it will be nice to see those animated.

For one, I love the Magano design as in manga well it was well black and white and I imaged it as brown/yellow/orange... here however we get some kind of hell city.

The show production quality definitely isn't the best out there but it's decent enough and it was well adapted first chapter I think.

Now someone mentioned 4-cours... I don't know about that. I just checked and there are only 28 chapters. Sure this is a monthly series with 45 pages long chapters but nah I don't see it.

Which animes nowadays get a 4-courts? ... new seasons of Ginatama? Second season of Diamond no Ace... I can think only of those two that I watched.
Apr 6, 2016 6:40 AM

Feb 2016
Sokah said:
dilation said:

That's a man, baby.

Crazy-eyes-bugging-out = villain. It's anime, crazy people are evil.

He said chick, I said it was a man. Also he's not a bad guy.
Apr 6, 2016 6:50 AM

Feb 2015
wow just wow, it's so much better compare to what i have imagined, consider Pierrot doing this...

this episode is just amazing...
definitely one of my fav this season along with hero academia and re zero
i hope Pierrot will keep this up...

i hear from above comments it will be a 4 cour...
really ?

'cause the English translation of it's manga is only 28 at the moment....
maybe the raw version has many more chapters that yet to be translated i don't know

oh and that opening song at the end is awesome....
Wagakki Band ROCKS...

Apr 6, 2016 6:56 AM
Jul 2009
Tobinami said:
1idd0kun said:
Benio was kind of a disappointment. I thought she would be as strong as the guy at least, but he's a lot stronger than she is.

don't worry she will keep up with Rokuro later

I'm reading the manga right now, and it feels like she can never catch up to him.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2016

49 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2016

67 by Sugram22 »»
Apr 15, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

48 by Vindicater »»
Apr 10, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

84 by Vindicater »»
Apr 8, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2016

99 by Vindicater »»
Apr 8, 4:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.