Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 5, 2016 11:36 AM

Jun 2015
It's been a long while since I've watched it, so I already know how this anime was hated very much because its popularity/overhype while it's very flawed.
But what are the "actual" reasons; I mean what people dislike in this anime, and what YOU dislike.
Apr 5, 2016 11:45 AM

Mar 2016
It's just your everyday "bad" anime .Nothing special here. It's got shock factor and super-edginess too. I don't hate it (read the manga)but I dislike it. The plot progression disappointed me.
Apr 5, 2016 12:02 PM

Oct 2014
altough i dropped it afrer 3 episodes, i can say that in those 3 there was nothing else except Gore and perviness...
not my cup of tea.
Apr 6, 2016 12:33 PM

Jul 2014
The poorly-written story, the annoying characters, the overuse of shock value, the retarded fanservice...

In other words, everything.
Sep 25, 2016 6:20 AM

Feb 2013
I liked the show but they did not give it justice by cramping it into 13 episodes instead of proper 24-26 eps... Rushed anime original ending instead of following the manga.

Yuka is super annoying too...
Sep 25, 2016 6:26 AM

Jul 2015
PzKpfw_VI_Tiger said:
Rushed anime original ending instead of following the manga.

Please... the manga is an outlet for the mangaka's fetishes. The director did what he could with base material that would barely be enough to make a cheap hentai.

OT: Elfen Lied could have been an interesting story about tolerance, revenge, destiny or whatever with hot chicks. The mangaka choose to write an awful harem/romance story with some of the worst characters ever instead, and cramed all his cringey fetishes in it. Incest, goldenshower, lolis, guro...
Sep 25, 2016 10:54 AM

Feb 2013
Clebardman said:
PzKpfw_VI_Tiger said:
Rushed anime original ending instead of following the manga.

Please... the manga is an outlet for the mangaka's fetishes. The director did what he could with base material that would barely be enough to make a cheap hentai.

OT: Elfen Lied could have been an interesting story about tolerance, revenge, destiny or whatever with hot chicks. The mangaka choose to write an awful harem/romance story with some of the worst characters ever instead, and cramed all his cringey fetishes in it. Incest, goldenshower, lolis, guro...

Please... Everyone has different tastes. I for once really enjoyed this anime.

And what's this about incest I hear? Last I checked his siter died while being young without anything happening between them
Sep 25, 2016 3:34 PM

Jul 2015
@PzKpfw_VI_Tiger I'm not attacking you because you like Elfen Lied but don't pretend the anime attracts flak because it wasn't a 100% faithful adaptation. It's quite faithful while it last and honestly the director did what he could to patch things up until the end. He's responsible for the only interesting sliver of symbolism found in that goddamn anime (the broken glass, mirroring the broken shell already found in the manga.).
Elfen Lied could have been good, and the ending of the manga has some potential, but it came after so much, soooo much bullshit...

BTW, funny how even EL fans manage to forget the MC's dumb cousin despite her shitty crush taking something like 20% screentime.
Sep 26, 2016 1:50 AM

Feb 2013
Clebardman said:
@PzKpfw_VI_Tiger I'm not attacking you because you like Elfen Lied but don't pretend the anime attracts flak because it wasn't a 100% faithful adaptation. It's quite faithful while it last and honestly the director did what he could to patch things up until the end. He's responsible for the only interesting sliver of symbolism found in that goddamn anime (the broken glass, mirroring the broken shell already found in the manga.).
Elfen Lied could have been good, and the ending of the manga has some potential, but it came after so much, soooo much bullshit...

BTW, funny how even EL fans manage to forget the MC's dumb cousin despite her shitty crush taking something like 20% screentime.

Yeah Yuka is super annoying. Mc is also meh at best. Characters are not the strong point (liked LucyNyuu tho). I liked the story as it was sometimes gruesome sometimes light with comedy elements, some slight romance - I liked the mix that ended up being Elfen Lied. I liked the shock value when warm family moments end and blood starts spilling. Fair enough I have watched it back in the day (2011 I believe?) so it was one of my first gruesome anime.

The adaptation was decent but short, I've seen way worse adaptations. If you do believe the anime would have been worse or better if it followed manga to the end it's a matter of oppinion. I personally think it would have been better if it followed manga and the ending manga had would have definitely made the score a bit higher and milked a few tears out of the eyes of some watchers.

Anyways the topic was what people disliked about Elfen Lied so I personally disliked that it did not get a full adaptation. And I did not like some characters (especially Yuka and mc somewhat)
Sep 26, 2016 4:20 AM

Jul 2015
@PzKpfw_VI_Tiger I can understand wanting a closed ending :p. I really liked the contrast between the different moods, and I think EL had potential, but I'd bet on a complete remake rather than more faithful adaptation.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sandgolem - Aug 26, 2007

139 by ssangy »»
Apr 3, 12:36 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Chelle - Aug 21, 2007

199 by vikivill »»
Apr 1, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Nov 30, 2007

105 by GarlicDead »»
Mar 31, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

then - Dec 4, 2007

429 by DigitalCoin »»
Mar 11, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Dec 4, 2007

111 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 11, 11:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.