Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2016 7:01 AM

May 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Oh my, what a lovely chapter!
I loved everything about this arc. Too bad we didn't get to see Lili this time. I understand Joo-doh's feelings. He thinks Hak is a threat and well, he kind of is. Oh and Zeno running into Suwon was priceless. Zeno is such a misterious character and I find him really suspicious, too. I think he knows way more than what he's letting us know.
Jae-ha being such a tease to Yona was so funny. Poor baby couldn't help but blush. And that ending jsadkljsjadlksad I really wish Yona could just confess to Hak next chapter but I know it's very unlikely even though I feel like it's about time, it's been 122 chapters already!!!!
Kusanagi sensei knows how to do a cliffhanger. Now we'll have to wait a whole month to see Hak's response. Damn, Kusanagi! :P
Anyway, loved everything. This manga keeps getting better and better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2016 1:23 PM
Apr 2016
can you help me summarizing the chapter? I read the raw version so i did not understand it. What did Zeno say to Soo Won, Jae Ha say to Yona, and Yona say to Hak? Thank you very much!
Apr 5, 2016 4:24 PM

Dec 2015
Might be in the few here, but Joo-doh honestly disappointed me this chapter. I might have had high expectations of him early on (cause he's the only dual-wielder), but after this chapter, I'm starting to dislike him.

I understand where he's coming from; Hak is indeed a threat (based on the events of their last encounter), but still, there's a time and place for everything. Hak just saved Lili and the Wind Tribe's main players are with them. You'd think he'd realize that wanting Hak killed at that moment is not the best course of action. Why didn't the thought of a civil war in Kouka not cross his mind?

Also, does he not realize that his actions pretty much told us that he's no longer confident in his abilities? If Hak does attack Su-won, he should be confident enough in himself to be able to assist Su-won in taking him down. I know his past encounter ended in failure, but he can always train/strategize for the next one. Instead, he decides to dishonor himself by attacking Hak right after Hak rescued an important member of the Water Tribe.

Other than that, the chapter (as always) is phenomenal. We get 2 Hak Hugs and a Jealous Yona over the span of 2 chapters. That's quite an accomplishment I'd say.

The nightmare she was having, does anyone know if that was a reference to her being on the run from Sei after escapingthe fortress with Lili. Or is it toward that special side chapter where "Hak dies"?
Apr 6, 2016 6:12 AM

May 2013
neo_carnage5 said:
Might be in the few here, but Joo-doh honestly disappointed me this chapter. I might have had high expectations of him early on (cause he's the only dual-wielder), but after this chapter, I'm starting to dislike him.

I understand where he's coming from; Hak is indeed a threat (based on the events of their last encounter), but still, there's a time and place for everything. Hak just saved Lili and the Wind Tribe's main players are with them. You'd think he'd realize that wanting Hak killed at that moment is not the best course of action. Why didn't the thought of a civil war in Kouka not cross his mind?

Also, does he not realize that his actions pretty much told us that he's no longer confident in his abilities? If Hak does attack Su-won, he should be confident enough in himself to be able to assist Su-won in taking him down. I know his past encounter ended in failure, but he can always train/strategize for the next one. Instead, he decides to dishonor himself by attacking Hak right after Hak rescued an important member of the Water Tribe.

Other than that, the chapter (as always) is phenomenal. We get 2 Hak Hugs and a Jealous Yona over the span of 2 chapters. That's quite an accomplishment I'd say.

The nightmare she was having, does anyone know if that was a reference to her being on the run from Sei after escapingthe fortress with Lili. Or is it toward that special side chapter where "Hak dies"?

I agree. I was quite disappointed in Joo-doh as well. But at the same time the fact that he completely lost his cool like that made him more human to me.
What about Joon-Gi? He basically didn't do anything to help rescue his own daughter. That man is so weird. I wonder what Kusanagi has in mind because right now I have no idea of what she's doing with his character.
Hak should have hugged Yona, am I right? I think that he would have hugged her before, but after the promise he made to her to not bother her with his "jokes" anymore he just couldn't do it. Dammit, Hak! Just forget this damn promise lol
Oh, I was thinking the same thing about that nightmare. I feel like it could be related to that side chapter, but who knows?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2016 8:24 AM

Dec 2015
Kagomei said:
neo_carnage5 said:

I agree. I was quite disappointed in Joo-doh as well. But at the same time the fact that he completely lost his cool like that made him more human to me.
What about Joon-Gi? He basically didn't do anything to help rescue his own daughter. That man is so weird. I wonder what Kusanagi has in mind because right now I have no idea of what she's doing with his character.
Hak should have hugged Yona, am I right? I think that he would have hugged her before, but after the promise he made to her to not bother her with his "jokes" anymore he just couldn't do it. Dammit, Hak! Just forget this damn promise lol
Oh, I was thinking the same thing about that nightmare. I feel like it could be related to that side chapter, but who knows?

About Joon-Gi, I think Kusanagi had him act that way because that was part of his character. As we know, Joon-Gi is the type of person who likes to wait things out before he acts. This battle put him in a position that was out of his character's comfort zone; he was forced to act on the spot. From what we see, it looks like he's inexperienced when it comes to providing results on the spot.

I think what Kusanagi is trying to do is show us that the five generals of Kouka are not perfect and they do indeed have weaknesses. She's using Su-won as a means of forcing them to compensate/overcome their weaknesses.

Of course, I may be thinking too much into this and the real reason might be as simple as Joon-Gi's priority was probably to protect the king first before saving his daugther.

I honestly can't wait to see how Hak reacts to Yona in the beginning of the next chapter. I can honestly picture something like this happening:

Hak: Huh?!?! *Hak has a weird face look
Hak: Princess, are you feeling sick? You should go back and lie down.
Yona: I am not! Just let me touch you.

Hak starts running away and Yona starts chasing him.

Hak in his head: Calm down my internal desires. This isn't what it looks like. She clearly has an alternative motive. I need to figure out what it is.

Yona: Stop running and let me touch you! Baka!
Apr 6, 2016 9:26 AM

May 2013
neo_carnage5 said:
Kagomei said:

About Joon-Gi, I think Kusanagi had him act that way because that was part of his character. As we know, Joon-Gi is the type of person who likes to wait things out before he acts. This battle put him in a position that was out of his character's comfort zone; he was forced to act on the spot. From what we see, it looks like he's inexperienced when it comes to providing results on the spot.

I think what Kusanagi is trying to do is show us that the five generals of Kouka are not perfect and they do indeed have weaknesses. She's using Su-won as a means of forcing them to compensate/overcome their weaknesses.

Of course, I may be thinking too much into this and the real reason might be as simple as Joon-Gi's priority was probably to protect the king first before saving his daugther.

I honestly can't wait to see how Hak reacts to Yona in the beginning of the next chapter. I can honestly picture something like this happening:

Hak: Huh?!?! *Hak has a weird face look
Hak: Princess, are you feeling sick? You should go back and lie down.
Yona: I am not! Just let me touch you.

Hak starts running away and Yona starts chasing him.

Hak in his head: Calm down my internal desires. This isn't what it looks like. She clearly has an alternative motive. I need to figure out what it is.

Yona: Stop running and let me touch you! Baka!

Yeah, I think you're spot on with your analysis about Joon-Gi.
You know, I wonder what Su-won will do with the hairpin and when Yona will remember the hairpin was left behind. I feel like it's gonna be a major thing storyline-wise.
Me too! But I honestly don't want it to turn into a fun scene :(
I'm sure Yona will not confess because I don't think she's even aware her feelings are romantic, but I do want Hak to hug her. I think they need at least one intimate moment like that. It's a shoujo, for crying out loud!
And I think when Yona asked "Can I be with you?" she meant it in a way like "Can I reach for you?", because she feels safe with him and she needs him to know she's gonna be okay. She needs that kind of assurance from him.
But at the same time I want Kusanagi sensei to sail this ship lol but since it's probably not happening any time soon I'll settle for a shy hug and lots of blushing.
Apr 10, 2016 5:45 PM

Mar 2015
I think something bad is about to happen.....
Apr 11, 2016 1:42 AM

Jul 2009
Kusanagi-sensei will be taking a break for the next issue.
It's going to be a torture waiting on such a cliffhanger for a whole month :'( Hope the wait will not be disappointing with Hak brushing Yona's words off.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
ArdanazApr 22, 2016 12:17 PM
Apr 19, 2016 12:30 AM

Nov 2011
Lol what a lovely reunion after all that. Zenos covered in blood but he doesn't give a damn.

Yona growing even more closer to Hak now.
Apr 19, 2016 1:32 AM

Dec 2015
Shit!

Yona to Hak "I want to touch you. Can I come closer to you"

GYAAAAAAAA!!! Nice development!

A sweet hug would be the best way to end this arc. Yahoo! No kiss yet. It's too early for this manga, I think. But it wouldn't hurt if they do kiss. Hahaha.
Apr 19, 2016 1:48 AM

Apr 2013
That cliffhanger is killing me XD
Apr 19, 2016 3:01 AM

Oct 2009
YumeNoMonogatari said:

Me too XD

I want to see Hak's reaction XD
Apr 19, 2016 5:15 AM

Mar 2015
Can't wait for hak's reaction!!
& I too feel something bad is coming because of that dream..
Btw where can you know when the chapters are gonna be released?
Apr 19, 2016 5:43 AM
Apr 2015
For some reason I wished it was Yona that was captured, not Lily. That way, both Hak and Soo Won would have to work together to save Yona, and all the other tribes will notice the red hair and realize Princess Yona is still alive. I hope Yona stood out more in the chapter. And the development is TOO soon!!! Ja-ha is all sad cause little Yona wants a hug from Huk.

NOOOOOO!!!!!
Apr 19, 2016 7:57 AM

Apr 2013

*heart explodes*
Apr 19, 2016 8:30 AM

May 2013
dankzel said:

*heart explodes*

Same, dankzel. Same.
Apr 19, 2016 1:52 PM
Oct 2013
What a way to wrap up. What a great arc. Looking forward to see where Yona & co. will go next. Dat cliffhanger though...
Apr 19, 2016 4:56 PM

Oct 2014
this is a beautiful ending chapter to this beautiful arc :') i hope the next arc will mainly focus on the relationship between hak and yona because to be honest.. it's been too long lol

but wow it's slowly turning real & it's going to be so adorable (hopefully kusanagi mizuho doesn't kill me with prolonging the tension of their relationship)
Apr 19, 2016 7:12 PM

Dec 2015
Touma-sama said:
Can't wait for hak's reaction!!
& I too feel something bad is coming because of that dream..
Btw where can you know when the chapters are gonna be released?

If you read the raw versions, it usually states it at the last page of the chapter. For ch.123, Raw will be released on May 2nd I believe. Though expect the actual uploading of raws + translations to be up a day to three days after.

For future reference, Kusanagi usually releases chapters on a biweekly basis. Though, every now and then like ch.123, it'll be monthly release.
Apr 20, 2016 9:10 AM

Apr 2016
I fully fully enjoyed this chapter! It's not fair that we are kept at the edge of our seat, seriously! But anyway... I really hope there is a confession in store for us next chapter. Before she was kidnapped Yona realized that she does like him romantically, so I don't think there is anything left for her to figure out. As for the dream she had, I don't necessarily think that it's a foreshadow of something bad coming, I just think she had a PTSD nightmare from her latest kidnapping. With her body language she seems more distraught and is wanting his comfort.

That's my two cents! n_n
Apr 20, 2016 9:31 AM

Aug 2014
Dat Hug between Hak and Zeno was just so adorable! And dat ending...more romance inc!
Apr 20, 2016 12:07 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
"Hak, I want to touch you." (✿ᇴ‿ᇴ) Let's do this..

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Apr 22, 2016 12:12 PM

Oct 2013
YumeNoMonogatari said:

Every chapter is killing me, this one included.

Overall, I think this cliffhanger is misleading. I think Yona just wants to embrace Hak because she knows how much he hates Soo-won and feels that Hak must be badly hurting inside from having to put his anger aside to save Lily. She cares deeply for Hak, and just wants to hold him and let him cry (though knowing hak he will probably react like what @neo_carnage5 wrote).

Its clear that Soo-won still loves Yona and Yona loves him in return and her feelings of anger towards him are subsiding. I can't shake the feeling that Akatsuki no Yona is going to end with Soo-Won and Yona together. Especially after how Soo-won looked at Yona's hairpin.
Apr 23, 2016 3:20 AM

Apr 2013
shawnofthedeadz said:

Its clear that Soo-won still loves Yona and Yona loves him in return and her feelings of anger towards him are subsiding. I can't shake the feeling that Akatsuki no Yona is going to end with Soo-Won and Yona together. Especially after how Soo-won looked at Yona's hairpin.

I'm not so sure. I think Yona is slowly falling in love with Hak and while I don't think she'll forgive Soo-won for what he did, I believe she'll stop hating him and acknowledge the fact that he's a good king.
Apr 25, 2016 8:29 PM

Apr 2016
shawnofthedeadz said:
YumeNoMonogatari said:

Every chapter is killing me, this one included.

Overall, I think this cliffhanger is misleading. I think Yona just wants to embrace Hak because she knows how much he hates Soo-won and feels that Hak must be badly hurting inside from having to put his anger aside to save...

I don't think so.. I only say this because Yona specifically said she likes Hak but can't say it out loud. She's realized she has feelings for Hak already, she just hasn't been able to express them just yet. I also dont really think it'll turn into a funny scene because of how distraught she is at the moment. Her body language doesn't give off a happy vibe, you know?
Apr 29, 2016 9:51 PM
Feb 2016
*I just noticed that yona grew a lot of hair back
*I totally ship yona and hak but the possibility that soo won and yona get together is still there
May 1, 2016 2:12 AM

Sep 2012
So, am I the only who thinks that Lily and Su-won will have a political marriage after this incident?
May 1, 2016 5:01 AM
May 1, 2016 7:39 AM

Jan 2012
akisame__ said:
So, am I the only who thinks that Lily and Su-won will have a political marriage after this incident?

that will be good actually , hopefully it happen

ot: Finally i have catched up , i marothoned the shit out of this manga since it's good

Skullcrusher said:
YumeNoMonogatari said:

Me too XD

I want to see Hak's reaction XD

same here and what make it worse , we got a hiatus , well hopefully the author will recover .

Jun 15, 2016 5:18 AM

Jul 2013
YumeNoMonogatari said:
shawnofthedeadz said:

I'm not so sure. I think Yona is slowly falling in love with Hak and while I don't think she'll forgive Soo-won for what he did, I believe she'll stop hating him and acknowledge the fact that he's a good king.

I think so too!!!!
Jun 15, 2016 12:21 PM

Aug 2010
And I'm dead. Yonaaaaa!!!! Ur just too adorable plz STAAAPPHH!!! MY KOKORO D:

Her face of wanting Hak to hug her after hearing that even Jaeha got a hug was so cute. (Hak hugging Zeno was soo sweet too :*D)

And the end with "I want to touch u" GG I'm done.
Apr 18, 2018 12:47 PM
Feb 2017
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HOLY FUCKIN SHIT YES YONA CONSENT IS GR8
Feb 15, 2019 9:45 AM
Jul 2018
HAK SUDDENLY HUGGING EVERYONE JFDHKJDS MY HEART IS CRYING, POOR BBY HE MISSED THEM SO MUCH
kija crying because of yona got me so heartwarmed, he cares about her so much, he's so pure i can't-
removed-userFeb 15, 2019 10:06 AM
Jun 30, 2020 9:23 AM
Mar 2020
Did Zeno hurt his legs so he could jump? also Hak is becomming a hug MACHINE. Yona is finaly making moves \o/

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 185 Discussion

shanimebib - Dec 20, 2019

26 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 256 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Apr 4

7 by TanmaySpamzzz »»
Apr 12, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 175 Discussion

CrookedPanther - May 20, 2019

32 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 152 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lacznosc - Dec 21, 2017

68 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 10, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 91 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2015

38 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 7, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.