Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 15, 2016 4:14 AM
Mar 2016
Probably because most people (including me) are waiting for a SAO3 and not a movie ://.
May 15, 2016 6:06 AM

Mar 2015
kamisama751 said:
Hype? SAO? Are you kidding me?
more SAO is not hurt me... why not?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 15, 2016 8:30 PM

Jul 2014
addioo12 said:
ZodiacPT said:
I was not aware there would be a movie about them 2. You just hyped me and you are right, the romance is the best part. Off to bed I go now!

the romance is the best part........................whut romance?
I've still yet to encounter what this "romance" that people keep spewing about.
May 16, 2016 3:56 AM

Jul 2015
I've still yet to encounter what this "romance" that people keep spewing about.[/quote]

true words, brother
It's okay to smirk

May 19, 2016 12:43 AM

Aug 2013
OppaiSugoi said:
addioo12 said:

the romance is the best part........................whut romance?

The first half of season 1. You look retarded when you say shit like this. Plus the romance in the first half of season 1 beats like 99% of anime romance ever. Since anime romance usually fails.
■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
May 19, 2016 5:26 PM

Jul 2014
ybnrmalatall said:
OppaiSugoi said:

The first half of season 1. You look retarded when you say shit like this. Plus the romance in the first half of season 1 beats like 99% of anime romance ever. Since anime romance usually fails.
It's pointless trying to argue with fanboyism, it wasn't even real romance but more of something they just threw in there for the sake of checking off the pandering list. One episode they barely talk to each other and the next episode they're on a "honeymoon". OK where the fuck did they develop?
May 22, 2016 3:56 AM
Aug 2012
The only reason why I sort of enjoyed SAO 2 was because I had already read them and had a really good background.

The primary problem SAO has it that it can't seem to dive into the character's heads. Well, that and the first arc was two Light Novels that didn't mesh well together, and the second was an afterthought harem-builder book. The movie might do okay since they're not adapting, but everything the rest of the series is so broken anyways...

More or less the Light Novels are like Ender's Game where 80% of the interesting things happen from the character's perspective.

Alicization is solid, but I'll be just as bad in anime form as any of the rest of it.

Hey, at least It'll have Kirito pulling some new trick out of his sleeve and wrecking something. If nothing else I'll skip to that part and watch the 15 minutes of fun.
May 23, 2016 11:16 AM

Jan 2011
Still can't bring myself to finish the last few eps of the last season. It lost a ton of steam after the first season. Not a SAO hater or anything just feels like the story and urgency comes apart at the seams.
May 23, 2016 7:30 PM

May 2016
Sword Art Online II kinda turned me off when I watched it (GGO that is). I loved the first season, but the second season just felt unnecessary. I'm hoping maybe this movie'll be more risky towards Kirito and Asuna's life, cause that makes the motivation aspect of the characters much more real. And who doesnt like being romantic in the face of impending doom?
May 26, 2016 7:32 PM
Apr 2016
This movie will deserve hype IF... they made it about Sugou taking back Asuna from Evil Kirito.
May 30, 2016 4:35 PM

May 2015
Added to PTW list, but i don't have high expectations.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 7, 2016 5:47 AM

May 2016
NoobStomper said:
This movie will deserve hype IF... they made it about Sugou taking back Asuna from Evil Kirito.

^ this

Sugou should be the protagonist and the story should be about his quest to save Asuna from the evil clutches of Kirito.
Jun 7, 2016 7:50 AM
Oct 2013
Well, I'm quite hype for this original series, but I prefer the A-1 Pict adapts aliciziation arc.
Jun 10, 2016 2:27 AM

Jul 2014
-Mashiro said:
Mapplesauce said:
How many death games is this dumb motherfucker going to play jesus christ.

Regardless if you're a fan or not, I cannot understand how you could be hyped for this. It's practically guaranteed to be redundant as fuck

Only one of them was a death game, though.

I'm torn between arguing with your snark, or commending you for the Log Horizon/Seinfeld/Scott Pilgrim forum set.

You tasteful bastard.

One death game: two games - S2: not a death game but someone dying in their real life because of getting shot in a game to me = DEATH GAME. Its really close to S1 but you can log out.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Jun 10, 2016 2:45 AM

Jun 2012
I'll be hype more if they announce after the movie, S3 which is alicization.

OT : SAO, the seed, nerve gear, amusphere and btw Kayaba's fluctlight is still lurking somewhere(mention at the end of S1) are just prolougue to PROJECT Alicization Arc.
Well, mother rosario arc was just a side story. This is why many doesn't appreciate S1 and S2. Not like I care to these ignorants.
Don't even bother replying if you haven't read the novel.
Zaphkiel_El_RemJun 10, 2016 3:22 AM
Jun 11, 2016 1:10 PM
Jun 2016
I am legitimately surprised that people still find meaning in this franchise.
It's one thing to watch it as an escapist fantasy aimed at a very specific demographic, but besides that I find little to nothing that the show offers.
What points it could earn in pure visuals are lost on very disgusting (if not downright appalling) direction.
I am curious as to why people would even want to be on a hypetrain for such a morally and execution-wise bankrupt series.
Jun 12, 2016 5:46 PM
Mar 2012
It's been a long time ever since I lost the hype with this series but all the crap I throw at it will be only hypocrisy. I'll watch the movie or whatever they release and probably I'll enjoy it anyway.
Jun 13, 2016 3:55 PM

Jun 2015
Dude. Release date: 2017, I'll hype for it when they announce the Release date and not the release year.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jun 17, 2016 4:48 PM

Jan 2014
HAHAHAHAH holy shit look at all the stupid weeb cry babies in this thread WOW. "Wahhh wahhh y dis s0 popr0ulor??" lOL

@OP- maybe because it isn't releasing until next year?................
Jun 26, 2016 5:52 AM

Sep 2010
Sao will always have some of it's hype but at this point, those that were hyped about the concept of virtual reality game anime already realized that SAO is bad.

Then as for haters who hated on anime, they also had enough as there was so much to hate on that they simply got tired of it.

Then again the movie has different reception than anime as well.

What this movie means however is that they are probably setting up story to go into Alicezation arc... can't wait to hate on that one :).
Jul 2, 2016 3:06 AM

Jan 2014
Where is the season 3 :(
Jul 6, 2016 6:27 AM

Sep 2014
Focus on Kirito and Asuna? Yes please!
The movie will definitely be worth my time, but a series would've been better, of course.
Jul 7, 2016 12:08 AM
Aug 2012
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
OT : SAO, the seed, nerve gear, amusphere and btw Kayaba's fluctlight is still lurking somewhere(mention at the end of S1) are just prolougue to PROJECT Alicization Arc.
Well, mother rosario arc was just a side story. This is why many doesn't appreciate S1 and S2. Not like I care to these ignorants.

To be fair, the Anime does a horrible job of explaining things. There are nods to them in the anime, but overall it really is appalling how inner dialogue and reasoning is disregarded by the anime.

Then again, I've lost hope for the series after what happened at the end of LN 14 was appalling. Reki Kawahara has some great premises, but he simply doesn't have any nuance when it comes to crafting a fulfilling plotline. Plus he can't work with any characters other than Kirito in an honest fashion (That includes Eugeo).

I'm slightly hopeful for the movie because if nothing else we'll see Kirito and Asuna slash something to death with sword skills. SAO might do much, much better with an hour and a half movie format.
Jul 8, 2016 1:46 PM

Jun 2016
Yeah I'm sorry but after watching that trailer I the only feeling I had was meh. I don't know if anyone really cares about this movie since SAO fans are all waiting anxiously for season 3 Alicization. This kinda seems like a stalling move.
Jul 17, 2016 6:10 PM
Oct 2015
YOLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO, gonna watch it anyway
would be nice if they did a remake of aincrad or they added episodes to fill in the gaps (maybe?) or Use the progressive series as a remake
Haven't read alicization yet but maybe in the future I might
Jul 19, 2016 2:07 PM

Mar 2015
Cuz it's not fun if they can't die. That's what made the first 14 episodes of SAO enjoyable. this is just more filler.
Jul 19, 2016 2:08 PM

Mar 2015
Maybe coz SAO sucks and it has loads of haters.
Jul 22, 2016 9:27 PM

Jul 2014
rklk said:
YOLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO, gonna watch it anyway
would be nice if they did a remake of aincrad or they added episodes to fill in the gaps (maybe?) or Use the progressive series as a remake
Haven't read alicization yet but maybe in the future I might
Screw me over, someone here makes sense on SAO.
Jul 23, 2016 8:40 PM
Oct 2015
:D, twas the anime that got me started into watching moar anime, and I really enjoyed it. I basically marathoned the Aincrad episodes and wanted more. got cancer from the alfhiem arc though D:
Aug 7, 2016 9:20 AM
Apr 2015
I dont really understand the hate right now. I watched the trailer after reading this discussion and I expected some slice of life sht. Boy, was I wrong. If this is canon, this will serve as a good base for the Accel world future. I have a little theory that Kayaba/Yui is maintaining Brain Burst while Kirito implimented the technology for it. It's really painful reading all this hate when this movie might be the key for the Alicization Arc and low sales might delay/cancel S3.
Aug 21, 2016 6:07 AM

Nov 2014
Oho, I didn't know that it would focus on Kirito and Asuna relationship, since that is the thing which I was missing the most in SAO II. Now, I am really hyped about this movie. Hopefully, it will not suffer from cliche elements like bunch of rapists after Asuna again or damsel in distress element!
Aug 27, 2016 3:01 PM

Nov 2008
I'm quite excited for the movie, CherryLover. :3 Otakon 2016 was too.

Just about finished with Progessive's first volume and Kawahara's writing has really improved. I think we'll get a good story!

And yeah, KirixAsu is the cutest part of the franchise; I'll always be happy to see more of them. ^^
ChiibiAug 27, 2016 3:07 PM

Aug 28, 2016 11:55 AM

Aug 2012
Wow I thought I'd notice the second it's confirmed because of all the haters bumping it up. Took me a month to realize.
Aug 28, 2016 12:03 PM

Apr 2013
This bus crashed a long time ago.
Aug 28, 2016 6:49 PM

Jul 2012
to be honest i have quite zero intrest in that, there is nothing between mother's rosario and alicization beginning in the novels, so I kinda find that movie just a way to moneygrab on a random invented spinoff

why don't they just start S3 and go down with the best arc which is Alicization instead?

Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
I'll be hype more if they announce after the movie, S3 which is alicization.

All hail Alicization~

Mod edit: Merged double posts
ArdanazNov 24, 2016 1:13 PM
Aug 31, 2016 8:54 AM
Jul 2009
Saikaici said:
The only reason why I sort of enjoyed SAO 2 was because I had already read them and had a really good background.

The primary problem SAO has it that it can't seem to dive into the character's heads. Well, that and the first arc was two Light Novels that didn't mesh well together, and the second was an afterthought harem-builder book. The movie might do okay since they're not adapting, but everything the rest of the series is so broken anyways...

More or less the Light Novels are like Ender's Game where 80% of the interesting things happen from the character's perspective.

Alicization is solid, but I'll be just as bad in anime form as any of the rest of it.

Hey, at least It'll have Kirito pulling some new trick out of his sleeve and wrecking something. If nothing else I'll skip to that part and watch the 15 minutes of fun.

This hits the nail on the head.
Sep 29, 2016 8:34 PM

Jul 2014
A lack of hype is appropriate, considering it's SAO and, frankly, I really can't understand why there's any hype at all. This movie is just another useless instalment in a long line of useless seasons, specials, extras, and special extras. Good god, let this rubbish die and be forgotten.
Oct 4, 2016 10:58 PM

Nov 2013
It is not Alicization.

Therefore one cannot hype over it.
Oct 5, 2016 7:27 AM

Jul 2014
I agree with OppaiSugoi and don't really feel the need to reply as your post speaks for itself, but you've started the argument so I'll play along.

It's fine if you don't know why people aren't hyped for this, but after watching the first and second season and witnessing the sheer lack of plot and character development, amongst other things that should exist in a GOOD anime, in both seasons, I've theorised, based on rather convincing evidence, this movie won't be much better. Therefore, I wondered why anyone was hyped for it. Mayhaps it's the blank slate Kirito all the little boys want to be so they too can be the most powerful cardboard out there?~~

If my opinion is so useless and will be forgotten, why did you reply? If something is useless to you, you wouldn't waste time or energy on it, but you did, so perhaps it is not so useless after all?

In any case, I couldn't care less if people wish to watch the movie. It will most likely be as shit as the rest of the series. If not, hey, I might actually enjoy something from SAO. But, for now, I will remain sceptical.

(Oh, and I'm sure season 3 will be shite as well, but luckily for you, I'll remain neutral until I've seen a few episodes of that one.)

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
ArdanazNov 24, 2016 1:18 PM
Oct 5, 2016 7:29 AM

Dec 2015
Theres lack of hype becuz hating SAO is cool and trendy etc

I dont mind it, i just didnt like the pacing and well...rape stuff
Oct 5, 2016 8:09 AM
Jul 2016
@Kailey_Fox:
You say that there is no need to waste energy on something useless, but then why do you hate SAO that much, and post here yourself? Okay, you think the series is shit, fine with me. Your opinion and all that stuff. How about moving on then? But no, you and a lot of other people think it's a really wonderful trend to hate it. Every show has some haters, and that is okay, but in the case of SAO this is just plain stupid.

Btw. the "Kirito is a bad character" argument is so darn old. Seriously, people just hate him because other people do it. "Oh nooooo, that guy is soooo OP and wins every situation"....no, he does not. How about Naruto, Goku and many other main characters? They win far more fights, but people hate them less. Makes me wonder.

Mod edit: Removed baiting
ArdanazNov 24, 2016 1:18 PM
Oct 5, 2016 8:34 AM

Jul 2014
Yggdrasil-Dono said:
@Kailey_Fox:
You say that there is no need to waste energy on something useless, but then why do you hate SAO that much, and post here yourself? Okay, you think the series is shit, fine with me. Your opinion and all that stuff. How about moving on then? But no, you and a lot of other people think it's a really wonderful trend to hate it. Every show has some haters, and that is okay, but in the case of SAO this is just plain stupid.

Btw. the "Kirito is a bad character" argument is so darn old. Seriously, people just hate him because other people do it. "Oh nooooo, that guy is soooo OP and wins every situation"....no, he does not. How about Naruto, Goku and many other main characters? They win far more fights, but people hate them less. Makes me wonder.

I hate SAO for a few reasons. 1. As I said, it lacks plot and what it has for plot is a bunch of ass-pulls, its character development is either non-existent or character regression, and it jumps around from story-line to story-line like a cat on catnip. 2. Because of the acclaim such broken anime receives, and 3. Because of fans like you who believe slinging mud at people for disliking an anime is a proper argument in favour of said anime. It's not. If I'm so 'blind to the truth' of the good in SAO, please, senpai, open my eyes and instead of attacking me personally for having an opinion, actually provide a proper argument in favour of SAO. So far, no SAO defender has done so. You could be the first~

I posted here because I have the freedom to do so. I didn't attack anyone, I attacked the anime, again, basing my opinion off what I've see from the prior seasons of the series. Try doing so yourself sometime. I'd love to have a good clean debate about the pros and cons of SAO, but it's a matter of whether or not the opposing side is willing to mature up a bit.

I don't think it's a trend to hate SAO. I dislike it not because others are doing so but because there is a proper REASON for doing so. I won't repeat the reasons as you can read them above (or read my review on the first season if you like :)), but don't assume I'm some sort of sheep in the anime crowd. Or do assume, I don't really mind, but in any case, you'd be wrong.

"Every show has some haters, and that is okay, but in the case of SAO this is just plain stupid."

'Because SAO is one of my favourites it can't have more haters than I want it to!' Brilliant argument.

"Btw. the "Kirito is a bad character" argument is so darn old. Seriously, people just hate him because other people do it. "Oh nooooo, that guy is soooo OP and wins every situation"....no, he does not. How about Naruto, Goku and many other main characters? They win far more fights, but people hate them less. Makes me wonder"

Another brilliant argument. Instead of defending Kirito's good characteristics (assuming there are some) you've instead thrown other characters under the bus. Naruto is not a piece of cardboard with no personality, no faults and dues ex machina don't follow him in every situation. However, from the very beginning, Kirito has been depicted as nearly perfect. When he's not perfect, some ass-pull sprouts its ugly head and saves him. Again, I'd love to have a clean debate about SAO, but first you'll have to figure out how to debate properly, and that is by defending your side of the argument, not slinging mud at other anime or people's opinions as if that will somehow make your own opinion more relevant. Think you can do that?

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
ArdanazNov 24, 2016 1:19 PM
Oct 5, 2016 9:17 AM

Apr 2015
It's akin to the crash of hype that the Twilight franchise had.

When the movies came out, Twilight was everywhere. Book stores were selling the books like hotcakes, the movies were everywhere, each film making really good amounts of money in theaters (Until the last installment or two, I think those lacked a bit in sales).

But around the time that the franchise released it's final movie, the hype died down. People grew up, realized it wasn't great (downright terrible actually), and moved on with their lives. When the books were reimagined by the author a bit ago, no one seemed to care because it was 'old hat'.

SAO has kinda gone through the same thing. Granted, SAO isn't quite as atrocious as Twilight. (The first arc of the first season had some decently good moments, and the relationship between the main couple actually comes off as convincing when they do share screentime). But of course, a lot fo people have grown up and moved on. Hating on SAO isn't as popular as bashing on Asterisk War, OPM, or Re:Zero now, and a lot of the fans have moved on and discovered other things.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Oct 24, 2016 6:24 AM
Aug 2016
Lack of hype is probably because it isn't Season 3, but we actually do need this movie since Alicization isn't finished yet, the studio would want the creator to finish that arc before making Season 3, but they also don't want Sword Art Online fans to wait long for more, so this movie is needed.
Oct 24, 2016 7:16 AM

Jun 2015
Coreylordo said:
Lack of hype is probably because it isn't Season 3, but we actually do need this movie since Alicization isn't finished yet, the studio would want the creator to finish that arc before making Season 3, but they also don't want Sword Art Online fans to wait long for more, so this movie is needed.

^this and the movie will be online in subs in 1 year or so from now.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Oct 24, 2016 7:55 AM
Aug 2016
Kageyama-chan said:
Coreylordo said:

^this and the movie will be online in subs in 1 year or so from now.
Oh yeah, worse for people like me who will only watch it when it's dubbed.
Oct 24, 2016 8:25 AM
Jul 2018
Coreylordo said:

Yes, yes it is, it finished on volume 18 Alicization Lasting
, it was announced that SAO novel is (probably) going to have a new arc (in 2017), but the Alicization arc ended on August 10 of this year.
Oct 24, 2016 9:45 AM
Aug 2016
Nick-Knight said:
Coreylordo said:

Yes, yes it is, it finished on volume 18 Alicization Lasting
, it was announced that SAO novel is (probably) going to have a new arc (in 2017), but the Alicization arc ended on August 10 of this year.
Oh shit, I didn't know it was over, well.......Season 3 HYPE!!!
Oct 24, 2016 10:54 AM

Feb 2016
Are there a few different timelines or how does it work? I just want the 1st part of SAO to continue, but idk if smth like that is even possible.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Oct 26, 2016 8:27 AM

Sep 2011
Don't know why they would take such a gamble and produce a non-canon movie. They should have just done a proper season 3 with canon material. These kinds of movies almost never do well.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Movie: Ordinal Scale Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - Feb 18, 2017

380 by CcCharles »»
Apr 6, 1:32 AM

» feel sorry for yuna

Nagiue - Dec 24, 2023

6 by ItzElite »»
Dec 24, 2023 3:01 PM

» plot hole

MCA5EY - Sep 21, 2018

10 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jul 30, 2023 9:40 AM

» Why R+ - Mild Nudity?

winfoharso - Mar 4, 2020

19 by Kirito_online »»
Aug 10, 2022 5:06 AM

» Somebody should fix the Source from Light novel to Original

KiraShitpostKage - Jul 20, 2020

1 by Nurguburu »»
Dec 4, 2020 11:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.