Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2016 3:24 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Part A and Part B huh? That's odd, but I actually like it. If we're getting two episodes a week, that's fine by me. But I am a little confused, if this show is confirmed for 26 episodes or whatever, does that mean we'll be getting 52 episodes in total with both sides? Or does one side = one episode? Confusing.

Either way, I actually like the going back in time and re-doing things. Hopefully Subaru will catch on. Nice balance between comedy and serious battles.

Characters were fun, especially Subaru.

Looking forward to seeing what happens next.
TyrelApr 3, 2016 11:24 PM
Apr 3, 2016 3:24 PM

Mar 2013
This was surprising to say the least.
Can't tell you how glad I am that we aren't going to be getting the typical light-hearted rpg fantasy theme/setting as we so often do.

Will definitely be watchiing the coming episodes.
It's also nice to know that this is going to be a 2-cour.
Happy Halloween
Apr 3, 2016 3:25 PM

Apr 2014
Damn this was a good start.

I honestly picked this show because Gorou Sessha was directing it but this turned out to be completely different than what I was expecting. The show is pretty similar to "All You Need Is Kill" in regards to the time reset but I like where it is going so far.

Melvin117 said:
Kinda worried when I know Whitefox is the one animating it and was hoping for A1.

Whitefox is just a studio. You should be more worried about the staff which in this case the show seems to be in really good hands.
Z4KApr 3, 2016 4:25 PM
Apr 3, 2016 3:38 PM

Jun 2015
I liked when he was going around thinking he was OP. Shit got intense in part b
DessssyApr 3, 2016 4:03 PM
:)
Apr 3, 2016 3:39 PM
Jul 2015
ColdBreeze said:
bionic_batman said:
This show looks like a bad mix of KonoSuba with Akame ga Kill. Don't know, what was written first though. Can someone tell, why there is so much hype behind this?

I haven't seen any hype for Re:Zero though.
And this is completely different from Konosuba, except the fantasy-world setting.

There isn't hype here but it's popular in Japan.
Apr 3, 2016 3:43 PM

Sep 2013
Very impressive and interesting first episode, I'm excited to see where this goes. Re:zero is probably gonna be one of the big hits this season if they keep this kind of quality going.
same af lmao u mad bro 3spooki 5 me lelll
Apr 3, 2016 3:43 PM

Oct 2011
Great start for the spring anime
Apr 3, 2016 3:44 PM

Nov 2010
Pretty decent. I am expecting a groundhog day fantasy LN with a pretty rough quality (good idea and some good moments, but with flaws and unrefined parts at times), and the premiere seems to be in line with my expectation.

I must pick out that he is supossed to be very genre savy, but he's totally slow at noticing not only one but even two time loops, one of the staple plot element in many stories/games. I guess personally experiencing death felt very different compared to simply reading about it, eh?

I'm also kinda worried that this will dive into "depressing and edgy just because" territory (especially by how the fans seems to hype some elements of it), but I'll give it a chance. Especially since groundhog day is one of my favourite trope.

P.S Don't worry about people that dropping it in 1st part, people who don't notice that it's obviously being cut in the middle do not deserve your attention. People will come if the show slowly gets hype, anyway. (I remember seeing people dropping S;G because they don't understand anything at all in the 1st eps; compared to it this dual episode is very easy to understand.)
zeroyuki92Apr 3, 2016 3:56 PM
Apr 3, 2016 3:53 PM

Nov 2009
This was surprisingly good. Looks promising. + Felt is cute.
Apr 3, 2016 4:00 PM

Apr 2015
zeroyuki92 said:
Pretty decent. I am expecting a groundhog day fantasy LN with a pretty rough quality (good idea and some good moments, but with flaws and unrefined parts at times), and the premiere seems to be in line with my expectation.

I must pick out that he is supossed to be very genre savy, but he's totally slow at noticing not only one but even two time loops, one of the staple plot element in many stories/games. I guess personally experiencing death felt very different compared to simply reading about it, eh?

I'm also kinda worried that this will dive into "depressing and edgy just because" territory (especially by how the fans seems to hype some elements of it), but I'll give it a chance. Especially since groundhog day is one of my favourite trope.

P.S Don't worry about people that dropping it in 1st part, people who don't notice that it's obviously being cut in the middle do not deserve your attention. People will come if the show slowly gets hype, anyway. (I remember seeing people dropping S;G because they don't understand anything at all in the 1st eps; compared to it this dual episode is very easy to understand.)

Oh your comment gives me hope after I've facepalmed myself through my window numerous times. People really judge a book by its cover and not only that. They watch half of it and stop, just stop.

I know what's happening and it will definitely pick up A LOT. Part 1A basically doesn't happen anymore and it's more 1B. Guess we will have to be patient until people stop being so fast to judge and give this a honest shot.
Apr 3, 2016 4:03 PM
Sep 2014
I'm probably more bothered than I should be at the fact that MC is a supposed gamer and he didn't pick up on the fact that he was "reloading from a checkpoint".
Apr 3, 2016 4:07 PM

Mar 2013
Heartman said:
I'm probably more bothered than I should be at the fact that MC is a supposed gamer and he didn't pick up on the fact that he was "reloading from a checkpoint".
I only wonder how many times he can do that before things start going south and suddenly he can't 'reload from a checkpoint'.
Happy Halloween
Apr 3, 2016 4:16 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
[quote=Vargr message=45455625][quote=Fappa message=45455373]
Vargr said:
Hmm.
So, how the hell am i supposed to add this to my list?
Add only 1 episode? Even though it's 2 full time part?!
Or add 2, though it's named 1A and 1B?! Or this will be considered a prequel to the show or what?!
I honestly have no idea...
This series is 2 cour that is, it's going to have 24 episodes

EDIT: 26 Episodes
TokoyaApr 3, 2016 5:02 PM
Apr 3, 2016 4:16 PM
Jan 2016
So I really enjoyed this first ep. (its also a plus that it was an hour long ep.) i wish they didnt make the scenes as dark (dark is in lighting) but what can you do. i personally think this will be my 3rd fav anime of the season next to jojo part 4 and boku no hero acadamia. I also heard that this LN is getting an official english translation so i cant wait for that. WOOOOOOOO RE:ZERO HYPE WOOOOOOOO.
Apr 3, 2016 4:20 PM

Nov 2014
I thought this was pretty damn awesome. It felt like a mix of KonoSuba and Erased and it was glorious. It got dark quick in the 2nd part and I loved it. Cannot wait to see more
Hi there
Apr 3, 2016 4:28 PM

Feb 2008
moodie said:
THIS IS EXACTLY WHY U PEOPLE SHOULDNT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER

this one is going to be a crazy ride

You got it dude. I don't know which one will be a crazier ride, this or Mayogiga. Both have quite a lot of potential.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 3, 2016 4:30 PM

Oct 2008
Tokoya said:
This series is 2 cour that is, it's going to have 24 episodes

That's not what i meant.
But if the first episode is split, and mal lists it as 24 mins / episode, and it will have 24 episodes. That's 24x24 mins. But we have 25x24 mins.
I know it is a speculation, but i think i've seen something similar before.
The first episode was a lot longer than the rest but the show was still listed as 24 mins / episode.

Think you've missed the part of my quote you were answering.
But that was just an assumption. It is irrelevant how long the series
All im worryed about is that, i will probably can't add it to my list properly.
VargrApr 3, 2016 4:34 PM
Apr 3, 2016 4:32 PM
Jul 2018
Can anyone explain to me the scene where he admits that he's getting the insignia to return it to the owner? After he said that he kinda freaked and the women responds "so, you're with them" what did she mean by that?
Apr 3, 2016 4:32 PM

Jan 2014
ANIME OF THE SEASON. I'M CALLING IT HERE FOLKS. YES THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO SEE!!!!
TyrelApr 3, 2016 4:56 PM
Apr 3, 2016 4:36 PM
Jul 2015
I have to say that I like it a lot, but the scene where he appears on the other world was very weird to me... It was like: Meh, I'm on another world after blinking, nothing special...."

Apr 3, 2016 4:40 PM
Jul 2018
Got those KonoSuba vibes in the beginning, with the whole parallel world setting, but this is so much more intense. Very interesting episodes.
Apr 3, 2016 4:44 PM

Nov 2007
Great way to start Spring 2016. The first part (1A) was okayish and there were glimpses of good stuff but that second part (1B) made me really interested in the anime.

Of what has been shown so far, Subaru is not an annoying protagonist which already is a BIG PLUS for the anime. And the half elf girl who obviously gave Subaru a fake name (apparently it was someone's who she despised) is interesting too.

Here hoping that it doesn't go Akame ga Kill.

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 3, 2016 4:44 PM

Apr 2014
drendren said:
Can anyone explain to me the scene where he admits that he's getting the insignia to return it to the owner? After he said that he kinda freaked and the women responds "so, you're with them" what did she mean by that?
find out next week lol
Apr 3, 2016 4:45 PM

Apr 2015
drendren said:

That's something that the next episode might clear up :)!
Apr 3, 2016 4:46 PM

Aug 2013
This show just left me with one big question: What the fuck did I just watch?

That was an unexpected turn of events if I've ever seen one in a pilot episode. I'm excited for more though. My body is ready for this XD
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 3, 2016 4:48 PM
Jul 2018
Fappa said:
drendren said:

That's something that the next episode might clear up :)!

Ah ok. I didn't know if it's just something I was misunderstanding. Thanks
Apr 3, 2016 4:49 PM

Jan 2014
This show has everything right off the bat. Good ost, likable characters, a fantasy setting, brutal violence that's not edgy. Some comedy thrown in

Yes yes and yes. I've been waiting for a fantasy anime like this to come out. Konosuba was fantasy but it was solely for comedy, I've been waiting for a serious story.

Honestly this is gonna be AOTS. I know it's only the first episode, and many other anime are gonna air later this week, but I just can't see anything else beating this

9/10
Apr 3, 2016 4:51 PM

Oct 2008
drendren said:

I don't think it was explained yet, at least i didn't notice.
But i suppose it has a deep connection to the story, so i'd rather not research that asnwer. And end up like with Boku dake ga inai machi, where i got to know who the killer is before it was revealed.

Guess it has something to do with where Emilia belongs. Maybe it is a sign of an organization, that is the enemy of the woman, or/and her employer.
Apr 3, 2016 5:06 PM

Nov 2010
drendren said:

Not a LN reader, will try to write some early theories:

1. He freaked because everyone else freaked out. He didn't expect that kind of response.

2. "So, you're with them?" is basically a response to his answer "I will return this pendant to the owner."
Which means that this "them" is basically whichever side/group/faction/community/race that Stella (Satella?) represents.

One more clue is that at the last minute, when MC is calling Stella's name. She's angry and also mentioned that the name is synonymous to a name of a certain witch (?) that is hated/shunned by general populace.

Which means:
1. The name is a fake one (But then why did she gave him that name? She obviously didn't do that for malice), or...
2. The name is true (a.k.a Satella is some kind of witch), and she is hunted/hated which makes her use some kind of other alias when she's interacting with other people. She only reveals her true name to MC because she trusts him (plus he is oblivious to anything in that world anyway). Of course, when MC meets with her again in the second loop, the girl don't have any trust whatsoever to him.

If no. 2 is true, then "them" is some kind of witch community. Plus, most likely it also means that Satella (or any property that witch usually posses) is being hunted, which is why the pendant is sold for a high price. There are many people who are hunting for this, implied by the sadistic lady's comment that was assuming that MC has the same occupation with her (some kind of magical pendant/jewel/witch hunter?)
Apr 3, 2016 5:08 PM

Oct 2014
Holy Puck that wasn't bad... especially considering I am not very fond of the source. I guess seeing everything animated makes everything more palatable, although the meta dialogue needs to go.
Apr 3, 2016 5:11 PM

Jul 2013
Heartman said:

Totally agree with you. Still, this is a "super-vr" so the pain is real and I wonder if the MC will become passive to his and his friends deaths. I sense a lot of suffering and tense moments to come, that is the beauty of these shows.

This setting seems perfect for a visual novel and I wonder why they didn't make one of ir.

Lastly, I wonder how frequent are the checkpoints,If is there someone controlling this. Here's hoping theses questions will be answered within the anime. Definitely looking out for more.
Apr 3, 2016 5:18 PM

Jan 2014
Omg I knew it, Satella has the same VA as Megumin from KonoSuba!

Well anyways... we got 50 min. in one week, very nice. This anime is very enjoyable so far, I hope the enjoyment continues!
Apr 3, 2016 5:24 PM

Dec 2014
This was so much better than I expected! They did the unspeakable, they killed the loli! And what's up with Satella and her being a witch? Man just give me all the content right now I want it all. Aww I'm so excited to see how messed up this show gets if this is just the first episode!
Apr 3, 2016 5:24 PM

Mar 2012
The first half was kinda slow but 2nd half picked up hard, I loved it. The ending where Subaru called her fake name out and then the ending insert song, damn what a nice execution. Looking forward for the next episode
Apr 3, 2016 5:28 PM

Jul 2013
zeroyuki92 said:
drendren said:

Not a LN reader, will try to write some early theories:

1. He freaked because everyone else freaked out. He didn't expect that kind of response.

2. "So, you're with them?" is basically a response to his answer "I will return this pendant to the owner."
Which means that this "them" is basically whichever side/group/faction/community/race that Stella (Satella?) represents.

One more clue is that at the last minute, when MC is calling Stella's name. She's angry and also mentioned that the name is synonymous to a name of a certain witch (?) that is hated/shunned by general populace.

Which means:
1. The name is a fake one (But then why did she gave him that name? She obviously didn't do that for malice), or...
2. The name is true (a.k.a Satella is some kind of witch), and she is hunted/hated which makes her use some kind of other alias when she's interacting with other people. She only reveals her true name to MC because she trusts him (plus he is oblivious to anything in that world anyway). Of course, when MC meets with her again in the second loop, the girl don't have any trust whatsoever to him.

If no. 2 is true, then "them" is some kind of witch community. Plus, most likely it also means that Satella (or any property that witch usually posses) is being hunted, which is why the pendant is sold for a high price. There are many people who are hunting for this, implied by the sadistic lady's comment that was assuming that MC has the same occupation with her (some kind of magical pendant/jewel/witch hunter?)

Thats a pretty deep theory but I think the name is true due to puck's reaction to her giving the name. If the overarching plot is what I think it is, it's a pretty clichéed story but the execution is the one who counts.
Apr 3, 2016 5:28 PM

Mar 2015
Now this is the anime of the season contender. Not Erased. They don't try to sell cheap mystery, but more of psychological on deaths and drama. Just like Steins;Gate.

Not to mention that it's gonna be 2 cour. I'm very excited for this!

Takahashi Rie (Satella, or who ever her real name is, VA) is gonna have a hard time cosplaying as her... the chest size is so different than her Megumin cosplay.

At first half I totally got KonoSuba vibe (anime of the season of last season) and then second half gets me Steins;Gate vibe.

The moment Rom and Felt got sliced up. I can feel excitement tingling on my body. We're going to get despair fest don't we? Just like that girl in Steins;Gate...

Apr 3, 2016 5:42 PM

Apr 2014
sorry bones but white fox just beat u today

beautifully animated
Apr 3, 2016 5:44 PM
May 2014
Don't care about any of the characters nor concepts. Seems like I'm just here for the animation. What a shallow feeling.
Apr 3, 2016 5:53 PM

Jul 2014
Holy shit what a way to start. Part A kept me kinda intrigued but Part B blew me away. Amazing music and animation and the cliffhanger was great.

5/5
[center][/center]
Apr 3, 2016 5:56 PM
Apr 2010
what a waste of time the part after first death was. let us sit and watch the guy, who god knows why thinks it's the next day for some reason, or suffers from partial amnesia, or voice recognition disorder, or whatever.
and he can suddenly throw a punch despite of a constitution of a matchstick
Apr 3, 2016 6:07 PM

Apr 2011
feels like a fusion between Subarashii and ERASED. Damn didn't expect it to be this bloody.
Apr 3, 2016 6:09 PM

Jan 2014
Z4k said:

Melvin117 said:
Kinda worried when I know Whitefox is the one animating it and was hoping for A1.

Whitefox is just a studio. You should be more worried about the staff which in this case the show seems to be in really good hands.

Everything I know about whitefox is just SoL and nothing else. (until I checked and they did Steins;Gate, great)
Anyway they managed to pull the 1st ep off so I'm fine with it, just need better animations to make me stay.
You will soon learn that a heart that choose to exist, even in a life filled with pain, will one day allow us to meet again.
With the world's blessings, we will meet again and again, forever returning to the homeworld we've yet to see.
Many, many times.

Apr 3, 2016 6:10 PM

Jun 2014
I thought 1B was actually worse than 1A. The protagonist is a complete and utter moron to not realise what's happening. It could only be explained by some sort of partial amnesia, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I hope he dies again so that he can rectify this mess.
Apr 3, 2016 6:18 PM

Mar 2014
Yeahh this meta dialouge needs to go.

Everyone is saying this is a mix of KonoSuba and Erased, like no other older anime are comparable to this.
Was scared this was going to be like SAO, but SAO aint got jack on this!

It's hilarious that MC actually looks like Okarin but in high school.
2nd part was intense.

This is going to be intriguing. Hope they explan how he got there.
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Apr 3, 2016 6:21 PM

Mar 2014
yo you guys elsa was savage. felt is super cute and so is emilia. the character designs are so 10/10 i love it. im really curious as to what elsa said about subaru being with "them" and the whole "satella" thing. they set up a nice mystery in the first ep so i cant wait for episode 2.
Apr 3, 2016 6:23 PM

Apr 2015
Valaskjalf said:
feels like a fusion between Subarashii and ERASED. Damn didn't expect it to be this bloody.

Well it is certainly gory. For reference.

So expect more way more than that :)
Apr 3, 2016 6:23 PM

Nov 2015
Good adaptation so far. Superb Part B.

Looking forward to add more transportation/reincarnation anime to my platter.
Apr 3, 2016 6:24 PM

Jul 2015
Nice beginning, but the MC needs to become more smart before acting. It seems he enjoys screwing himself.

When he said he would give back the jewel in front of the person who asked to steal I shouted "You fool!"

Will keep watching.
AdrianRubinskyApr 3, 2016 6:29 PM
Apr 3, 2016 6:25 PM

Apr 2014
Chabe said:
I thought 1B was actually worse than 1A. The protagonist is a complete and utter moron to not realise what's happening. It could only be explained by some sort of partial amnesia, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I hope he dies again so that he can rectify this mess.
Love when people say this. Like if they went into a new land they would have half the level of understanding as he did. Most likely people would be freaking out. MC did what most logical people would do. Besides after you die and come back the most logical thinking would be that it was a dream.

MC is stupid for not being a gary stu okay?
Apr 3, 2016 6:28 PM

Apr 2015
I've got a soft spot for fantasy anime so naturally this seems a good one for me. Part A had a good light-hearted feel to introduce characters and world setting, while Part B showed us what to expect from this show.

OST seems great and the animation seems to be one of the main things to look forward to. I'm pinning my hopes on this one although I won't over expect anything from this. Looking forward to what direction the show goes on from here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2016

631 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.