Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2016 2:08 PM

Mar 2013
It's been years since I saw an anime so good it made me want to read the original material. Great start, can't wait to see the rest animated. I'm off to read the light novel *-*
Apr 3, 2016 2:10 PM

Oct 2008
Hmm.
So, how the hell am i supposed to add this to my list?
Add only 1 episode? Even though it's 2 full time part?!
Or add 2, though it's named 1A and 1B?!

Or this will be considered a prequel to the show or what?!
I honestly have no idea...
Apr 3, 2016 2:10 PM

Jul 2011
For a series of this genre (dropped into a fantasy world with a girl) I've never been this impressed. (Or maybe it's because I expected this to be more generic shit.) It's dark, morbid, and the two MCs are far from annoying. Although the girl can fall into a few tropes, she doesn't feel like a bundle of fanservice, and the main guy pokes fun at the genre while having a few tricks up his sleeve (literally) to make him interesting enough. He's not super strong or blessed, but not wimpy either (somehow beating up those muggers lol). And ofc MC already died twice in the first episode in a violent manner. When your superpower is only activated by your death, you know what's going to come lmao.

Although I hope it doesn't get so gory that it distracts from the plot. The gut pulling near the end had me cringing a bit.

Didn't expect this series to have promise, so hopefully it continues to impress.
MirorinApr 3, 2016 2:14 PM
Apr 3, 2016 2:13 PM

Jul 2015
Now that's what I wanted to see! Good visuals and voice acting, plot seems interesting, although it is yet another "NEET transported into fantasy world".

Strong contender for the title of Anime of the Season.

Apr 3, 2016 2:14 PM

Apr 2015
Vargr said:
Hmm.

This is one episode. The first episode is an one hour special it's just that CR split it into two because of whatever reason.
Apr 3, 2016 2:14 PM

Jul 2009
This was so good. I really liked the MC and the whole thing actually.
But I was so disappointed after it happened again. I was expecting a story where he'll be discovering the world and so on but we're here with this kind of anime again... Even though it got so potential

I have mixed feelings about this. I'll continue on watching it and see for myself how the story will go on. I'll just hope it will surprise me.
Apr 3, 2016 2:15 PM

Jul 2015
It's my fault for getting overhyped but I'm still dissapointed.

Animation wasn't very good, the drawings in the manga looked way better, it didn't run very smooth either. The humor was meh' and the supposed gore wasn't very effectual at all, I couldn't make out if it was censored or not -lighting wasn't the best.

I like the main character design (except for big Puck) but all the lizard-pedestrians simply look silly.

Well, I like the premise and presentation isn't everything. It might very well get better from here on out. If I had rated this two-part episode I would give it a 6/10 -it was "fine".
Apr 3, 2016 2:16 PM

Aug 2011
I admit I didn't start to 'get it' until episode 1B started and then it was getting more interesting by the minute. I'm curious what structure the show will take, if it will just be repeating deaths or not. Pacing was slower than what I'm used to so I'm glad it'll be 2-cour to really flesh out the characters and plot. Gore/violence was very tame so far so I hope it ramps up the despair in the future.
Apr 3, 2016 2:25 PM
Jul 2018
I was actually watching this with my two friends, and in all honesty this was a very fantastic episode for Re:Zero. Like Holy shit I never thought I enjoyed this so much. I love the conversations, the art, the OST, Subaru was funny as hell for the entire episode. It was so much that I loved it in every way.

I will say it might be contender for AOTS for me. Like damn I love it so damn much XD
Apr 3, 2016 2:30 PM

Oct 2012
Would've dropped it at Part A if I didn't read the synopsis before. Part B was great.
Apr 3, 2016 2:30 PM
Jul 2018
Part A and B are both amazing.

Part B was so brutal! Things are getting interesting!

Satella is so cute! I'm looking forward to episode 2!
Apr 3, 2016 2:37 PM

May 2014
Pretty good and interesting so far. Don't like how the main character somehow doesn't really care where he is or how he got there, though.
Apr 3, 2016 2:38 PM

Sep 2014
Wow that was really good. They hooked me in.

I was actually going to skip this one, but gave it a try because my friend said he would watch it. Glad I did.
Apr 3, 2016 2:39 PM

Oct 2008
Fappa said:
Vargr said:
Hmm.

This is one episode. The first episode is an one hour special it's just that CR split it into two because of whatever reason.

Yeah, but let's assume the show will be 12 episodes long.
Let's assume they are set to the usual, 24 mins / episode.
That means the series will will miss 1 episode length when completed.

Not that it is a life and death situation.
But i like to keep my list clean, well organized.
Apr 3, 2016 2:44 PM

Apr 2014
THIS IS EXACTLY WHY U PEOPLE SHOULDNT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER

this one is going to be a crazy ride
Apr 3, 2016 2:45 PM

Dec 2014
Yikes, I knew death was coming but I wasn't expecting gore. Definitely very interesting though.
Not sure if I love or hate Subaru.
Apr 3, 2016 2:48 PM
Dec 2014
Really starting to like takahashi rie as a seiyu school live was good but megumin in kono suba was amazing and now I'm liking her in this series too good stuff
Apr 3, 2016 2:50 PM

Dec 2015
Really liking the whole relive the day type of scenario. Got me interested in whats going on. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

Apr 3, 2016 2:53 PM

Jan 2008
Try and error anime again.

Reminds me of Steins Gate and all the others where main character tries to fit all his previus experience in one to find a solution and needs too many episodes and you keep watch the same stuff over and over again...

And the trailer looked so good.
Apr 3, 2016 2:55 PM

Oct 2014
I shouldn't have read the Synopsis....
Altough without reading it i doubt i would've watched this lel xD
Apr 3, 2016 2:59 PM
Jul 2018
Why the hell is everyone comparing this to KonoSuba? Literally 5 of my friends brought their ratings down cause they thought it was supposed to be a comedy. It's not .-.

The only thing similar between this and KonoSuba are the real world --> fantasy setting (they get there differently, mind you), and having 1 male, 1 female mc (oh, but KonoSuba has 3 girls).

Yeah, not very similar, stop being dumbasses.
Apr 3, 2016 3:04 PM

Jan 2012
It's kind of hilarious how many people are being deceived by the first half of the episode, it's also kind of sad because it turns people off from what could be an amazing series.
Apr 3, 2016 3:12 PM

Feb 2013
Many people are comparing this to ERASED and Steins;Gate, but it really reminds me a lot more of "All You Need is Kill" aka "Edge of Tomorrow", but with a fantasy setting instead of a sci-fi one.

Unlike the other two, in Edge of Tomorrow, the hero actually has to die in order to keep going back in time. Sometimes he does it on purpose, but most times it's by pure circumstance.
Apr 3, 2016 3:12 PM

Mar 2016
Wow , that's some mix of comedy , darkness , fantasy , and mystery .
At first , it gave me some konosuba vibe with Subaru being summoned to a parallel world and his funny interactions with satella ( who is cute btw ) and her spirit . Next , it turned all dark and gorey and i was like "damn" .
I have to say i'm not a fan of time-traveling or going back in time . Actually , I don't like such things ( never bothered with steins gate or erased ) , but I'm a sucker for fantasy worlds and I like the mc so far , kinda funny . So this might be an exception for me . Animation is good , not bothered by the bits of CGI . Btw how did she manage to cut him after he dodged ? She said she managed to open his belly when they passed by one another ? Like some kind of invisible attack we didn't see ?
Apr 3, 2016 3:13 PM

Jan 2015
Pretty good anime so far.. :D
Apr 3, 2016 3:15 PM

Oct 2014
penguindrum264 said:
It's kind of hilarious how many people are being deceived by the first half of the episode, it's also kind of sad because it turns people off from what could be an amazing series.

Good reception also sells, so I don't think it's something we should worry.
Apr 3, 2016 3:16 PM
Jan 2015
Given how un-hyped this show was at the start of season I'm so glad it turned out to so good (kinda like konosuba last season), I certainly feel like this show could be one of the dark horses this season. I'm so glad it's confirmed for 2-cours, let's hope White Fox can continue to deliver on this.
Apr 3, 2016 3:17 PM

Jan 2015
Irenesharda said:
Many people are comparing this to ERASED and Steins;Gate, but it really reminds me a lot more of "All You Need is Kill" aka "Edge of Tomorrow", but with a fantasy setting instead of a sci-fi one.

Unlike the other two, in Edge of Tomorrow, the hero actually has to die in order to keep going back in time. Sometimes he does it on purpose, but most times it's by pure circumstance.

Oh that's actually one of the better comparisons I've seen, and it does follow Edge of Tomorrow's time element more than S;G or Erased. Kudos.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 3, 2016 3:22 PM

Jan 2014
Damn! This anime should probably have a horror tag. I'm really into it and can't wait for next week's episode. Hope Sabaru can save everyone.
Apr 3, 2016 3:24 PM

Dec 2009
So Re:Zero might by the anime of the season for me, even beating JoJo, My Hero Academia, and Lost Village. Like holy shit I thought Part A ended on a cliff hanger but Part B was just insane!

It takes the transported to a fantasy world elements, spices a bit of Akame Ga Kill and Stein;s Gate together, and you got a freaking insane package. Very smart move to upload two episodes at once and get people invested in the plot and characters.
Trickster

Jun 2011
Part A and Part B huh? That's odd, but I actually like it. If we're getting two episodes a week, that's fine by me. But I am a little confused, if this show is confirmed for 26 episodes or whatever, does that mean we'll be getting 52 episodes in total with both sides? Or does one side = one episode? Confusing.

Either way, I actually like the going back in time and re-doing things. Hopefully Subaru will catch on. Nice balance between comedy and serious battles.

Characters were fun, especially Subaru.

Looking forward to seeing what happens next.
TyrelApr 3, 2016 11:24 PM

Mar 2013
This was surprising to say the least.
Can't tell you how glad I am that we aren't going to be getting the typical light-hearted rpg fantasy theme/setting as we so often do.

Will definitely be watchiing the coming episodes.
It's also nice to know that this is going to be a 2-cour.
Happy Halloween
Apr 3, 2016 3:25 PM

Apr 2014
Damn this was a good start.

I honestly picked this show because Gorou Sessha was directing it but this turned out to be completely different than what I was expecting. The show is pretty similar to "All You Need Is Kill" in regards to the time reset but I like where it is going so far.

Melvin117 said:
Kinda worried when I know Whitefox is the one animating it and was hoping for A1.

Whitefox is just a studio. You should be more worried about the staff which in this case the show seems to be in really good hands.
Z4KApr 3, 2016 4:25 PM
Apr 3, 2016 3:38 PM

Jun 2015
I liked when he was going around thinking he was OP. Shit got intense in part b
DessssyApr 3, 2016 4:03 PM
:)
Apr 3, 2016 3:39 PM
Jul 2015
ColdBreeze said:
bionic_batman said:
This show looks like a bad mix of KonoSuba with Akame ga Kill. Don't know, what was written first though. Can someone tell, why there is so much hype behind this?

I haven't seen any hype for Re:Zero though.
And this is completely different from Konosuba, except the fantasy-world setting.

There isn't hype here but it's popular in Japan.
Apr 3, 2016 3:43 PM

Sep 2013
Very impressive and interesting first episode, I'm excited to see where this goes. Re:zero is probably gonna be one of the big hits this season if they keep this kind of quality going.
same af lmao u mad bro 3spooki 5 me lelll
Apr 3, 2016 3:43 PM

Oct 2011
Great start for the spring anime
Apr 3, 2016 3:44 PM

Nov 2010
Pretty decent. I am expecting a groundhog day fantasy LN with a pretty rough quality (good idea and some good moments, but with flaws and unrefined parts at times), and the premiere seems to be in line with my expectation.

I must pick out that he is supossed to be very genre savy, but he's totally slow at noticing not only one but even two time loops, one of the staple plot element in many stories/games. I guess personally experiencing death felt very different compared to simply reading about it, eh?

I'm also kinda worried that this will dive into "depressing and edgy just because" territory (especially by how the fans seems to hype some elements of it), but I'll give it a chance. Especially since groundhog day is one of my favourite trope.

P.S Don't worry about people that dropping it in 1st part, people who don't notice that it's obviously being cut in the middle do not deserve your attention. People will come if the show slowly gets hype, anyway. (I remember seeing people dropping S;G because they don't understand anything at all in the 1st eps; compared to it this dual episode is very easy to understand.)
zeroyuki92Apr 3, 2016 3:56 PM
Apr 3, 2016 3:53 PM

Nov 2009
This was surprisingly good. Looks promising. + Felt is cute.
Apr 3, 2016 4:00 PM

Apr 2015
zeroyuki92 said:
Pretty decent. I am expecting a groundhog day fantasy LN with a pretty rough quality (good idea and some good moments, but with flaws and unrefined parts at times), and the premiere seems to be in line with my expectation.

I must pick out that he is supossed to be very genre savy, but he's totally slow at noticing not only one but even two time loops, one of the staple plot element in many stories/games. I guess personally experiencing death felt very different compared to simply reading about it, eh?

I'm also kinda worried that this will dive into "depressing and edgy just because" territory (especially by how the fans seems to hype some elements of it), but I'll give it a chance. Especially since groundhog day is one of my favourite trope.

P.S Don't worry about people that dropping it in 1st part, people who don't notice that it's obviously being cut in the middle do not deserve your attention. People will come if the show slowly gets hype, anyway. (I remember seeing people dropping S;G because they don't understand anything at all in the 1st eps; compared to it this dual episode is very easy to understand.)

Oh your comment gives me hope after I've facepalmed myself through my window numerous times. People really judge a book by its cover and not only that. They watch half of it and stop, just stop.

I know what's happening and it will definitely pick up A LOT. Part 1A basically doesn't happen anymore and it's more 1B. Guess we will have to be patient until people stop being so fast to judge and give this a honest shot.
Apr 3, 2016 4:03 PM
Sep 2014
I'm probably more bothered than I should be at the fact that MC is a supposed gamer and he didn't pick up on the fact that he was "reloading from a checkpoint".
Apr 3, 2016 4:07 PM

Mar 2013
Heartman said:
I'm probably more bothered than I should be at the fact that MC is a supposed gamer and he didn't pick up on the fact that he was "reloading from a checkpoint".
I only wonder how many times he can do that before things start going south and suddenly he can't 'reload from a checkpoint'.
Happy Halloween
Apr 3, 2016 4:16 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
[quote=Vargr message=45455625][quote=Fappa message=45455373]
Vargr said:
Hmm.
Or add 2, though it's named 1A and 1B?! Or this will be considered a prequel to the show or what?!
This series is 2 cour that is, it's going to have 24 episodes

EDIT: 26 Episodes
TokoyaApr 3, 2016 5:02 PM
Apr 3, 2016 4:16 PM
Jan 2016
So I really enjoyed this first ep. (its also a plus that it was an hour long ep.) i wish they didnt make the scenes as dark (dark is in lighting) but what can you do. i personally think this will be my 3rd fav anime of the season next to jojo part 4 and boku no hero acadamia. I also heard that this LN is getting an official english translation so i cant wait for that. WOOOOOOOO RE:ZERO HYPE WOOOOOOOO.
Apr 3, 2016 4:20 PM

Nov 2014
I thought this was pretty damn awesome. It felt like a mix of KonoSuba and Erased and it was glorious. It got dark quick in the 2nd part and I loved it. Cannot wait to see more
Hi there
Apr 3, 2016 4:28 PM

Feb 2008
moodie said:
THIS IS EXACTLY WHY U PEOPLE SHOULDNT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER

this one is going to be a crazy ride

You got it dude. I don't know which one will be a crazier ride, this or Mayogiga. Both have quite a lot of potential.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 3, 2016 4:30 PM

Oct 2008
Tokoya said:
This series is 2 cour that is, it's going to have 24 episodes

That's not what i meant.
But if the first episode is split, and mal lists it as 24 mins / episode, and it will have 24 episodes. That's 24x24 mins. But we have 25x24 mins.
I know it is a speculation, but i think i've seen something similar before.
The first episode was a lot longer than the rest but the show was still listed as 24 mins / episode.

Think you've missed the part of my quote you were answering.
But that was just an assumption. It is irrelevant how long the series
All im worryed about is that, i will probably can't add it to my list properly.
VargrApr 3, 2016 4:34 PM
Apr 3, 2016 4:32 PM
Jul 2018
Can anyone explain to me the scene where he admits that he's getting the insignia to return it to the owner? After he said that he kinda freaked and the women responds "so, you're with them" what did she mean by that?
Apr 3, 2016 4:32 PM

Jan 2014
ANIME OF THE SEASON. I'M CALLING IT HERE FOLKS. YES THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO SEE!!!!
TyrelApr 3, 2016 4:56 PM
Apr 3, 2016 4:36 PM
Jul 2015
I have to say that I like it a lot, but the scene where he appears on the other world was very weird to me... It was like: Meh, I'm on another world after blinking, nothing special...."

Pages (17) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2016

631 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.