Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (22) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 28, 2016 9:09 AM

Jun 2014
GreenGiant96 said:

Cheers! How are you finding Reading? I think it's a great town, easy access to London and pretty much anywhere in the country via rail, lot's of great shopping, the main issue though is the traffic. And how is the Uni treating you? I did actually notice that there was a club for people that went to Reading Uni and liked anime and I thought that was pretty awesome to see.

Well, I am still quite new to Reading so I haven't explored too much of it so far but it is pretty good and seems to have good connections like you said. I do go to the anime society at the uni and it is rather enjoyable ^_^.
Nov 12, 2016 5:01 AM

Jun 2007
I briefly said hello yesterday but I might as well bump up this post by introducing myself properly.

My name is Ross and I've been lurking around MAL for many years now. I live in a relatively small town of Leighton Buzzard, which I can assume most have never heard of. Notable places that it's near to are Milton Keynes and Luton.

When it comes to anime I like to think I can watch any genre; but as the years go by when it comes to people recommending me something to watch if it's not a high 7 or 8 rating on here, I probably wont watch it.

If I'm not watching anime I'm either working, playing video games, playing board games/card games, tabletop RPGs or drinking in the pub.
Nov 12, 2016 12:04 PM

Aug 2012
Welcome @ROFLross! Hope you enjoy your stay here! I lurked around MAL for a long time as well but that changed when I found this wonderful club :) Oh and that is quite a unique sounding town, I certainly have never heard of it before.

I think it is good to get other people's opinions on any recommendations you've been given. Especially if you have a pretty busy schedule, you may as well be a bit more picky. I choose my anime quite carefully and tend to take into account all sorts of different factors.
Nov 12, 2016 1:19 PM
May 2016
Hey there! I'm Kestrel, I'm 15 and I love fantasy though I'll watch pretty much anything my eyes land on! Nice to meet everyone here! I'm currently living in Swadlincote but I used to live in Reading. Been living here for almost a year now I think? Either way, can't wait to get to know you guys! ^_^
Nov 12, 2016 1:21 PM
Jul 2018
LunarKestrel said:
Hey there! I'm Kestrel, I'm 15 and I love fantasy though I'll watch pretty much anything my eyes land on! Nice to meet everyone here! I'm currently living in Swadlincote but I used to live in Reading. Been living here for almost a year now I think? Either way, can't wait to get to know you guys! ^_^

Hello its a please to meet you! Hope you enjoy your time here and if you have any questions please feel free to ask :)
Nov 12, 2016 1:25 PM
May 2016
RychesShadows said:
LunarKestrel said:

Hello its a please to meet you! Hope you enjoy your time here and if you have any questions please feel free to ask :)

Thanks! I'll be sure to do that! :> Pleased to meet you too! ^_^
Nov 12, 2016 1:39 PM

Aug 2016
Welcome @Lunarkestrel !

I see you like attack on titan, and watamote. Love those shows :)
Nov 12, 2016 2:49 PM
Jul 2018
Welcome to the club LunarKestrel and ROFLross

Nov 12, 2016 2:58 PM

Feb 2015
Welcome to the club @Lunarkestrel

I've lived in Reading all my life, it's a shame to see someone move away from here, but it's really to see yet another person who is from this town!
Nov 12, 2016 3:04 PM

Aug 2012
Welcome @Lunarkestrel hope you have a good time here :)

I love your Izaya themed profile! Durarara is such a great anime ^_^
Nov 13, 2016 11:34 AM
May 2016
PearDrops said:

Thank you! ^_^

Green said:

I've lived in Reading all my life, it's a shame to see someone move away from here, but it's really to see yet another person who is from this town!

Yeah, I miss Reading but at least it's a lot more calm, especially when it's football season. It was hell trying to get around during then >_>

RedBean_cake said:

Thank you very much! :> It's one of my favourites, to be honest :>
Nov 13, 2016 2:02 PM

Feb 2015
LunarKestrel said:
PearDrops said:

<snip>

Thank you! ^_^

Green said:

Yeah, I miss Reading but at least it's a lot more calm, especially when it's football season. It was hell trying to get around during then >_>

RedBean_cake said:

Yeah football season can be pretty bad, what was worse is when Reading festival was on, thats the real nightmare. Luckily it's only one weekend a year.
Nov 14, 2016 6:43 AM

Jul 2016
Hi all, I am a 19 year old male living near Stevenage and I'm relatively new to the world of anime, since I only really started watching in the summer, but I've become a huge fan in that short time, enjoying the majority of things that I watch, and building up a knowledge of the medium and surrounding culture. I got into anime through a film theory ep about fullmetal alchemist, which prompted me to watch the whole thing. I most recently finished Toradora! and it has immediately become my favourite anime. Looking forward to participating more in this group.
Nov 14, 2016 7:24 AM

Aug 2016
@TheRealBailey_ Welcome! :)

Fullmetal Alchemist and Toradora are some of my Favourites. If you wanna chat, feel free to send me a message. Looking forward to seeing you around BAC (British Anime Club)
Nov 14, 2016 7:25 AM
Jul 2018
TheRealBailey_ said:
Hi all, I am a 19 year old male living near Stevenage and I'm relatively new to the world of anime, since I only really started watching in the summer, but I've become a huge fan in that short time, enjoying the majority of things that I watch, and building up a knowledge of the medium and surrounding culture. I got into anime through a film theory ep about fullmetal alchemist, which prompted me to watch the whole thing. I most recently finished Toradora! and it has immediately become my favourite anime. Looking forward to participating more in this group.

Welcome to the club! FMA is a great anime, especially brotherhood which is fantastic! (not sure whether you watch the original or brotherhood though. Or maybe even both?) . Anyways I hope you enjoy your time around here and if you have any questions or want to talk about anything feel free to send me a friend request or message me :)
Nov 14, 2016 7:41 AM

Jul 2016
@Renn19 @RychesShadows Already feeling extremely welcome here haha. Started with the original FMA but I've seen brotherhood as well now. I think they're both amazing anime for very different reasons. Thanks again for the warm reception.
Nov 14, 2016 7:53 AM

Feb 2015
Welcome to the club TheRealBailey_ - i'll be honest, I haven't actually seen either of the FMA series, i've put it off for so long. I think i'll watch it after my anime break so it's fresh for me.
Nov 14, 2016 8:36 AM

Apr 2015
Lovely to meet another UK anime fan @TheRealBailey_ , I hope to see you around :)

Toradora and Ano Hana are some of my favourite all time anime too, so feel free to message me if you ever want to chat.
Wood94Nov 14, 2016 10:35 AM

Nov 14, 2016 8:46 AM

Aug 2012
Welcome @TheRealBailey_! Hope you enjoy your stay here :) Toradora is actually really popular here amongst quite a few other club members so you will fit right in :D Oh and I'm liking some of your other 10's, Anohana, Spirited Away and FMA Brotherhood are all such fantastic shows!
Nov 15, 2016 10:53 AM
May 2016
Green said:
LunarKestrel said:

Thank you! ^_^

Yeah football season can be pretty bad, what was worse is when Reading festival was on, thats the real nightmare. Luckily it's only one weekend a year.

Oh dear god... The dark memories... They're all coming back.
Nov 15, 2016 1:56 PM

Nov 2015
Hello everybody, I'm Jakra!

I'm just your run of the mill moron who thinks he's clever/funny, but is really just an annoying bellend. ಠ u ಠ

Nice to meet ya!
〜( ̄▽ ̄〜) ! ~ You better work ~ ! (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

Nov 15, 2016 3:03 PM
Jul 2018
Jakra said:

I'm just your run of the mill moron who thinks he's clever/funny, but is really just an annoying bellend. ಠ u ಠ

Nice to meet ya!

Welcome to the club! Hope you enjoy your time here mate! Side note I clicked on your profile and saw this :

Thats the highest affinity I have ever seen on MAL :O
Nov 15, 2016 3:12 PM

Feb 2015
Welcome Jakra! Nice to meet ya!

And holy crap, thats a really high affinity there Ryches.
Nov 15, 2016 6:59 PM

Mar 2016
Welcome Melcome
Nov 16, 2016 4:51 AM

Apr 2015
Hi @Jakra, welcome to the club and I hope you enjoy your time here :)

Nov 16, 2016 10:41 AM

Mar 2016
Hi! Nice to meet everyone :D

I'm AnimeApollo, but call me Apollo if you want ^^ I'm from Preston in the North-West of England, and my favourite series are The Monogatari Series, FLCL and Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni.

I hope we can be friends here!

Apollo ^0^

Nov 16, 2016 11:15 AM

Aug 2012
Welcome @Jakra and @AnimeApollo! Hope you two have a nice time here :)
Nov 16, 2016 11:17 AM
Jul 2018
Hi Apollo and Jakra, nice to see another Monogatari fan (^^)/

Nov 16, 2016 11:31 AM

Mar 2016
RedBean_cake said:
Welcome @Jakra and @AnimeApollo! Hope you two have a nice time here :)

Thanks! ^0^ I'm glad to be here :D

Nov 16, 2016 11:33 AM

Mar 2016
PearDrops said:
Hi Apollo and Jakra, nice to see another Monogatari fan (^^)/

Hi! ^^

Nov 16, 2016 11:42 AM

Jun 2016
Welcome @AnimeApollo!!!!!!

Looks like the members beat the admins to this one lmao

Nov 16, 2016 1:16 PM

Nov 2015
RychesShadows said:
Jakra said:

Nice to meet ya!

Welcome to the club! Hope you enjoy your time here mate! Side note I clicked on your profile and saw this :

Thats the highest affinity I have ever seen on MAL :O

Wow, that's a lot of affinity right there.

...We're SOULMATES

〜( ̄▽ ̄〜) ! ~ You better work ~ ! (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

Nov 17, 2016 7:36 AM
Jul 2018
Jakra said:

Wow, that's a lot of affinity right there.

...We're SOULMATES

I have some high affinity with some people and generally have a decent one with most because of the amount of stuff I've seen (go my life! :O ) , but that affinity is actually insane!
Nov 19, 2016 4:08 AM

Feb 2016
Howdy folks, feel free to call me Mishi, 28yr old guy from the Midlands. Been watching anime on and off since I was 10 though it was around 14 or 15 that I started properly with FMA. My overall faves are Death Note (anime) and Gantz (manga) and whilst I prefer Seinen series, I like to try all sorts really.

In recent years I've started going the whole hog so to speak, going to cons, cosplaying (Jotaro Kujo this year), and collecting figures and plushies. If my shelves aren't full with anime and manga, it's with films, games, and retro consoles, I need more space XS

Was looking for a place for discussion so will probably see you around ^^
Nov 19, 2016 5:03 AM

Jul 2016
@Mishiranu_Soto Welcome to the club, plenty of discussion here so enjoy your stay, looking forward to seeing you around.
Nov 19, 2016 10:34 AM

Jun 2016
@Mishiranu_Soto - Welcome to the Club

Used to live in the midlands myself, i hope you don't have the offensive accent. what cons have you been too? feel free to post your anime collection in our Memrobillia thread!

Nov 19, 2016 11:56 AM
Mar 2014
Hey all, I'm Sam, I'm 19 and I live in London. I'm just recently getting back into the anime groove after like 3 months of not watching properly. I enjoy most genres (although I hate mecha) my favourite genres are probably adventure, fantasy and ecchi ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Apart from anime I'm a big time gamer, I mainly play League Of Legends but I do dabble in a few other games, other than gaming I enjoy travelling and hiking (although London offers little options for that :P). Also into the odd meme here and there.

Cheers all, :]
Nov 19, 2016 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
Welcome Paynes

Nov 19, 2016 1:09 PM

Aug 2012
Welcome @Mishiranu_Soto! Hope you enjoy your stay here :) There are loads of discussions around here and also in the club's discord room in case you ever felt like checking that out.

I'm also quite a big fan of seinen shows, plus I noticed Baccano and FMA: Brotherhood are on your favourites list, I loved those shows! Look forward to seeing you around :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome @Paynes! Hope you have a nice time here :) There are quite a few members who like Clannad/AS and a lot of us are pretty keen gamers too, so you will fit right in here :D There is also a group watch for various shows, including Keijo, arranged by one of the admins if you were ever interested in that sort of activity.
Nov 19, 2016 2:43 PM

Feb 2015
Welcome @Paynes and @Mashiranu_Soto pleasure to meet you!

@Mashiranu_Soto Cool to see another NHK fan, I loved that show!
Nov 20, 2016 8:34 AM

Feb 2016
Thanks for the kind welcome folks!

@agilityredfox not sure about an offensive accent XD I'm from Derbyshire so there's the whole 'ey up me duck' everyone knows so well though I barely use that kind of dialect. I suppose the only regional word that has become ingrained is 'jity' (alleyway). I've been to Derby J-Con for 3 years in a row now, and went to Doncaster's Digi-Con about a year or so ago. Met Spike Spencer and got an Evangelion poster signed with a goatee and glasses added to Shinji. Was a great moment in my life ^W^ Awesome, I'll head over to the Memorabilia section!

@RedBean_cake Awesome! Yep, I've watched Baccano! a couple of times over and would love to read the light novels. And the original FMA series was a huge favorite until I watched Brotherhood a year or so ago and... yeah I prefer it ^^

@Paynes Welcome Sam! *o*/

@Green Yep, great series, I find it very relatable, though I have yet to attempt making an eroge XD
Mishiranu_SotoNov 20, 2016 11:44 AM
Nov 20, 2016 2:28 PM

Feb 2015
Mishiranu_Soto said:

@Green Yep, great series, I find it very relatable, though I have yet to attempt making an eroge XD

Try everything once, right?
Nov 25, 2016 3:53 PM
Aug 2016
Hi everyone I'm TMoose but you can call me McCann I am 16 and I live in North London and I love practically all genres of anima. I hope we can all have a fun time here.
Nov 25, 2016 4:19 PM

Feb 2015
Tmoose said:
Hi everyone I'm TMoose but you can call me McCann I am 16 and I live in North London and I love practically all genres of anima. I hope we can all have a fun time here.

We certainly can, welcome to the club!
Nov 25, 2016 4:54 PM

Aug 2016
@Tmoose welcome to the club, nice to meet you.
Nov 25, 2016 6:20 PM

Apr 2015
Welcome @Tmoose :) I was born in North London myself; in Enfield. Glad to meet another UK anime fan!

Dec 1, 2016 4:29 AM
Dec 2016
Hi I'm Codi, I'm 18 and currently studying in Northampton. I have been watching anime since I was about 5 and my brothers had it on TV all the time. Later on I started watching things like Bleach and Naruto. Now I watch a range of anime.
Dec 1, 2016 5:18 AM
Jul 2018
Hi @NicoNicoNii and Welcome to the Club (^^)/
Dec 1, 2016 5:21 AM
Jul 2018
NicoNicoNii said:
Hi I'm Codi, I'm 18 and currently studying in Northampton. I have been watching anime since I was about 5 and my brothers had it on TV all the time. Later on I started watching things like Bleach and Naruto. Now I watch a range of anime.

Welcome to the club! I hope you enjoy your time around here. If you have any questions or need any help with anything at all feel free to message me.
Dec 1, 2016 5:47 AM

Feb 2015
Welcome to the club @NicoNicoNi - Nice to keep seeing more new faces!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (22) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Halfsleeper - Jun 28, 2017

137 by kikirllett »»
Apr 5, 2021 3:32 PM

» [Game] Have You Seen The Anime Above? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Apr 5, 2016

793 by Kawwwa »»
Apr 5, 2020 1:28 AM

» [Game] This or That? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jun 1, 2016

611 by Renn »»
Feb 9, 2020 1:06 PM

» [Game] Rate the Anime Song! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Apr 5, 2016

619 by Renn »»
Feb 9, 2020 12:59 PM

» [Game] Anime Screenshot Guessing Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jun 25, 2016

1712 by earnshaw30 »»
Jan 12, 2020 1:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.