Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Boku no Hero Academia Episode 1 Discussion

May 14, 2018 11:11 PM

For something this popular, I expected a little more out of it... that was a forgettable generic as f way to start. Not feeling motivated to continue.

✨Toy✰GunGun is lyfe!✨

May 22, 2018 4:11 AM

Really liking the animation style.

Aug 22, 2018 10:14 AM
The Japanese title of My Hero Academia should have been titled "Ore no Hero Academia".

Oct 5, 2018 5:15 AM

Texas smash! I think I might’ve replayed that bit a tad too much. WHAT A PUNCH!

Kamui reminds me so much of Spidey.

Both OP and ED are catchy… If this keeps up, I think I might’ve found my new favourite anime.

Wow, I don’t know why it took me this long to watch this… and I call myself a super power fan…hmph

Oct 11, 2018 12:53 PM

So let's see what all the fuss is about... this is still one of the most hyped shows around after all.
I hope Deku will kick the ass of that blonde asshole soon, what an annoying idiot. Is that the real Allmight? He seemed to have transformed into him.

Oct 26, 2018 8:21 AM

Started reading the first chapter and felt like I wasn't enjoying it as I would with the anime an man what an episode.
Very short but very enjoyable, it's just incredibly entertaining and fun to watch.
I'm expecting more coming from this. Looks very promising.

Nov 5, 2018 5:16 PM
This one of my fav anime's!

Nov 5, 2018 5:25 PM

This isn't boku no pico
I hope this annoys you

Nov 12, 2018 1:42 PM

Not a bad first episode I must say... pretty decent.

Nobody can be perfect thats for sure, but I hope Midoriya can prove his bully wrong and show him, despite his insecurities, that he can be better than Katsuki and shut him up once and for all. The last laugh is the best laugh! >A<

I wonder what All Might will say to Izuku to level up his spirits *-* Please do not disappoint your fan!

Dec 2, 2018 2:34 PM

I've heard a lot of good things about this show and just from the first episode, I can see the appeal. It has an interesting take on superheroes that I've never seen explored before. It asks the question: what if having a super power was the norm and the freaks were the ones without powers? Izuku being Quirkless makes him akin to Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and even his teacher doesn't seem to care that the whole class is bullying him by mocking his disability and laughing at his dreams. Speaking of which, Izuku is a compelling underdog character that's typical of a shonen anime series while not being obnoxious or boring like some of them can be. He's vulnerable, sympathetic, hard-working, and intelligent.

I'm also interested to see more of Bakugou, as a lot of anime fans see him as an example of a well-written character. I'd also love to see more of All Might. What is the nature of his powers and is he really as amazing as Izuku thinks he is? It certainly seems that way, but hero worship can also lead to disappointment. I would also love to see more of an exploration of heroism as a career and specifically, a government job. Nearly all heroes in the comic books have day jobs and do the superhero thing on the side because they feel obligated to. But what happens if being a superhero IS your job and you do it mainly for the money and fame? Since being a hero requires sacrifice, can we even say that this is what being a hero is all about?

On a side note: I'm a huge fan of the firefighter guy, Backdraft. Now that's a cool character design!

Can't wait for more!
Modified by Lord-of-the-Lez, Dec 4, 2018 10:40 AM
Live-action Japanese media that I've seen: https://mydramalist.com/dramalist/AmandaBear
Non-Japanese movies & TV shows that I've seen: https://www.imdb.com/user/ur29585794

Jan 24, 4:28 AM

ok bitch HERE WE GO i hope this is everything everyone told me it would be
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]

Feb 1, 4:12 PM

Time to see what all the hype is about. Decent first episode and it sets the tone of show pretty well. Loads of action to keep the viewer engaged and a bit of comedy to take away the dramatic vibe this show may exert in particular scenes. 3/5 start.
*insert cringey anime reference here*

May 15, 8:05 PM

I just rewatched the first episode. It's been a long time since I stopped watching BNHA. Then I forgot to continue watching this. :(( But since it's my vacation, I can now watch anime shows. :))

I can relate to Midoriya because I was a victim of bullying before. When he cries, I get emotional too. T_T

May 17, 2:27 PM
私は 愛し てる僕のヒーローアカ

Just a great start to a new anime adaptation.I've already watched first 2 seasons and I'm coming back to write these reviews so I can be known here aswell :)).To be honest,I don't think someone will ever read this becuase who start watching an anime from 2016 in 2019 and use myanimelist to read the comments.But at first I didn't think I would like this as my image for this anime was something very american influenced with super-heroes and stuff like that but the story and characters evolve very well.I'm sad when I think about the fact that I'm not from Japan or haven't moved to Japan,because to talk with everyone in school about animes in between classes is really intriguing.Well this was my opinion,highly recommend this and have a good day :D.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 25, 7:16 AM
Felt really bad for Izuku , great episode overall though .

Jun 2, 7:41 PM
Bakugo "Your lower than the rejects, you're Quirkless"

That was some fire bars, will probably drive me to suicide if I was Deku, I might really have jumped through that window

Jun 16, 3:47 AM
I really love this anime. It just makes you wanna watch it non stop and like everything is just so amazing and well done!

Jul 1, 2:25 AM

The kid part was really good. Izuku was such a weird kid lol.

Jul 11, 4:55 AM

I actually enjoyed this first episode. I had to laugh when Deku was clinging at All Might's leg. Pretty sure that it's destiny for Deku to meet All Might and that Ka chan got some attitude huh.

"But I was too tired to think.
I remember wanting to become a stone.
A stone that doesn’t feel pain. Or sorrow."

Jul 16, 5:46 AM
of Blades

(lol) I just started watching this anime show because I heard that it's a good one. Oh well I guess they were right!
キミと私 きっといま同じ気持ちだよ

Aug 29, 1:43 AM

MC of this anime definitely represents the whole show and can be described by only one word - average. Average characters with silly motives and even without them, average plot and situations, average art, average music, average anime for average people.

Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

Preview MangaManga Store