Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 4, 2016 2:17 AM
Jul 2018
AnimeFan500 said:
I hope they don't have to kill one another in the end

man thats what i first thought while watching the first episode
i already have my depression survivor pack prepared here
Apr 4, 2016 5:48 AM

Jul 2008
Woah soooo much déjà-vu and cliché here...
Just dropped it after the first episode, I will not lost my time with this basic plot and replicas.
Nope nopety nope.
Apr 4, 2016 5:58 AM

Jan 2014
Tbh its not that bad like ppl keep spreading about, still watchable though just one thing that bother me the red socks why??? as well why 2 cour!!!

arikryu said:
The singer of the op sounds like he's going through puberty while singing... not my cup of tea.

Dunno why your comment make laugh so much but I gotta to agreed...

Apr 4, 2016 10:49 AM

Jan 2008
This seems like one of those shows where they take the generic shojo heroine, switch her gender and send her/him to another world, after that they can't decide whether they want to take the series in a shonen or shojo direction, while having lots of cutely designed female characters in supporting roles, but at the same time implying a BL relationship with the other male protagonist. >_>
To put it in simpler terminology, I don't know where this show is going, or whether or not I will end up hating it. ^^;
Apr 4, 2016 10:57 AM

Jun 2009
Why is he wearing his backpack while eating dinner...?

I had to make sarcastic comments to keep myself entertained (and there were A LOT of them in this one).
It was bad. Boring. And ugly.
That flying small dragon thingy was cute though.
Probably going to drop this one. But I'm still going to watch next 2-3 episodes, just to see how bad it can get.

1/5
I like pancakes.
Apr 4, 2016 11:16 AM

Jul 2013
Haha wow that sure was a first episode.

I'm gonna give it the benefit of the doubt and watch a couple more episodes, but, jesus, I can't help but feel how painfully generic this seems. I think it'd be interesting if they end up going back and forth between the two worlds, so that the other guy has culture shock with all the technology going on, but I doubt it'll go there.
Apr 4, 2016 1:11 PM

Mar 2008
Looks so bad but, I'll watch it, until ep 6-7 at least.
Apr 4, 2016 7:52 PM

Jan 2015
It was incredibly generic, but it seems like it will be a decent show in the long run. I'm not expecting much from it though. I at least like the prince dude, but the OP makes me cringe.
Apr 4, 2016 8:15 PM

Nov 2011
Gotta leave it up to @tingy to keep us honest on our fashion sense. LOL.

It was a pretty generic episode, and I don't disagree with most of what @YuGiOhWierdo01 said, particularly the part about scene progression. Demanding that someone unfamiliar with the world put away their weapon only to demand them to take it back out almost immediately after doesn't make much sense, nor did the whole sewer connected to the river thing. Nothing about the world or characters really stands out at this point either.

I don't mind giving this a bit longer to see if it gets better since I'm into adventure/fantasy anyway, but I wouldn't blame anyone else for not having the patience for that given this first episode.
Apr 4, 2016 8:45 PM

May 2010
The Comet Lucifer resemblance is not a good thing to have. Even if this ends up being as generic as I expect, it should still be a step up at least. It hasn't struck out yet, but its starting out behind on the count.
Apr 4, 2016 10:37 PM
Sep 2015
YAOI YAOI YAOI YAOIIII
Apr 4, 2016 10:59 PM
Sep 2015
It's a cliche anime with yaoi stuffs. Maybe I'll like this. Cool designs for the main characters.
Apr 5, 2016 11:07 AM

Jun 2013
I've heard somewhere that it's worse to be boring than bad and this is a pretty compelling case study in why that's true. I don't understand how a series like this got green-lit
Apr 5, 2016 11:13 AM

Sep 2015
Nothing to like or dislike so far and plus the Prince's revenge motive is cliche too
Apr 5, 2016 11:15 AM

Nov 2013
I'm only watching for the possible gay moments that may or may not happen.

TBH I was ready to drop this 15 seconds into the op.
BISH IM IN NARNIA <3
Apr 5, 2016 8:40 PM

Nov 2012
Stopped after the opening sequence/opening scene/opening song, whatever. The characters especially main characters facial expressions potrayed in the opening song isnt convincing me. Those face reminds me of how the facial expression from the previous season PSO2 the Animation which is also bland imo.
This is why its a bad things when a studio put an opening in the 1st episode. Well its a good thing that some people could skip 3 episodes rule. Good luck to you guys who can stand for whole 24 episodes.
Apr 6, 2016 7:06 AM
Mar 2012
Uncanny said:
It was an incredibly bland first episode, don't think I'll continue watching this.

lucidbrandon said:
Please dont be another comet lucifer. The rock shit still scares me.

Lol. When I saw the rock I was thinking that it's going to pull another Comet Lucifer. XD

Ya mc obsessed with stones, and same dark brown hair mc.
Also weapon from heart, go Guilty Crown. Recall Shu Ouma's dark brown hair.
Girl who looks a bit like Aoi Miyamori seems interesting & nice tomboyish va.
Wolverine! Weird childish chest tatoo.
A good thing... backgrounds are very detailed & fantasy like.
Everything's very derivative, hoping it's just trolling us. 2-cour, guess I'll try a bit more, as OP teases more characters.
Apr 6, 2016 7:07 AM

May 2015
Pretty generic but watchable. Has just enough to keep me interested, even though both male characters are horribly cliche. Also the fixation on rocks is something I liked... I had a semi-precious stone phase myself too, so I enjoyed the rock-nerding scenes :D

Shun has really pretty purple eyes, they remind me of amethyst (probably on purpose).

"Everyone wants to carve their scars into someone else; everyone wants to connect with someone else." -- Sonozaki Noriko, Kiznaiver
Apr 6, 2016 1:11 PM
Nov 2015
Well now - I have to say, that I'm kind of amazed of the first episode (definetly gonna hype that anime). The Characters and their backround have been explained good enough so that I can make myself a good first impression and I know what we're talking about. Not many series are getting that point in the first episode. I really like the personality of Shun - that happy-go-lucky personality should get some attention! :D With Emilio I'm also quiet pleased...just the fact of him underestimating his uncle to that extend is...let's say surprising. But at least he's no arrogant douchbag-prince and - although he doesn't know Shun - he cares for him and tries to protect him. I like that!
Also - I sense a good plot and bromance coming towards us in the future - totally possible with 24 episodes!

In comparison to the one or other 'bromance' anime like e.g. Buddy complex, I have to say, that this one has a way better beginning.

I hope for more awesomeness :D
Apr 6, 2016 6:08 PM
Dec 2015
3 mins into the episode.... "this is some really low pro shit man~"
Apr 6, 2016 9:16 PM

Jun 2012
I see potential in this, hopefully its not too gay and the pace picks up a bit.
Apr 7, 2016 12:22 PM

May 2009
ButtSlapper said:
wtf is that backpack. he doesn't even try to take off even if he is back home.

This.
I just couldn't unsee it ALL THE TIME. It really annoyed me. At dinner, at the library, almost everywhere. Who the hell plays basketball with his backpack on?
Whatever very important thing was in that, it got ruined anyway when they fell in the water.
Apr 7, 2016 12:28 PM

Jun 2009
This isn't the best anime I've ever seen, and I had a hard time getting through the first half, but it got better near the end (for me).

Don't like the OP and ED themes.

The seiyuu from the blue haired dude definitely caught my attention though ♥
Apr 7, 2016 4:39 PM

Nov 2014
Another cookie-cutter alternate universe show. Barely watchable. The MC was incredibly obnoxious.

1/5
Apr 8, 2016 4:48 AM

Aug 2013
Seriously...? That's one absurdly wimpy mc there.
The fights are bland, or just feels like swinging fancy bats around really.
This was quite hard to watch.. not a decent first impression for me at least.
Also this is suppose to be a two cour... ughh.. I'll put this on hold.
Apr 8, 2016 7:14 AM

Oct 2013
Interesting enough for me to watch ep2. I like shun. Cute pet. I can see the possibility of a plush toy 😂
Apr 8, 2016 7:52 AM

Aug 2013
It was oK.... Something is not right in it but I have no idea what... But I am curious about it so I'm gonna watch this till the end.
Apr 8, 2016 9:52 AM

Oct 2011
It was ok. It did keep me interested until the end so that is a good sign. I usually try and give an Anime at least 3 episodes or watch until most characters are introduced.
Apr 8, 2016 10:43 PM

Jun 2013
Seems like your typical: ordinary person is transported into a fantasy world kind of series. The same foundation that was used in like fifty thousand other Anime and manga series.

So far, nothing impressive. There better be hot, gay, sweat-inducing with lots of yaoi cream sex between the main two characters or else this isn't worth watching at all.

First episode gets a 4-5/10 and I'm being generous too.
臭い-
Apr 9, 2016 7:38 AM

Dec 2012
It was alright, but nothing was really impressive. For the moment, Shun is just the classic protagonist with a powerful sword.
Apr 9, 2016 11:24 AM

Jul 2014
Nah, I'm gonna pass this one

Apr 10, 2016 2:06 PM

Apr 2012
really boring and even for my shit taste too dull.... will drop it.
Apr 10, 2016 4:47 PM

Dec 2010
Forgive me but i have to say this,im so sick of the word generic and cliche.i mean maybe the show is not the best thing in the world but in nearly every Mal discussion its these two words generic and cliche,life is generic and cliche we all do the same thing everyday we eat sleep some of us attend school others work etc if the shows boring fine but god we have to accept the fact that anime gets repetitive too just like life is so who cares right,they cant all be new and innovative even the top shows on Mal in some extent is generic and cliche
Apr 10, 2016 9:54 PM

Aug 2014
Endride was right.
Because I ended that ride really early.
Apr 13, 2016 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
In truth I tell you, this anime series has involved me in the least with this first episode, the narrative is a concentrate of déjà vu. Drawings and animations only sufficient in quality, I follow it right to revise the green monster, it is so cute. XD
Apr 16, 2016 2:10 PM

Jul 2009
The OP and ED ... yeah, really not my cup of tea :S Seems like a pretty OK first episode, I'm interested enough in the world ... I wonder how Emilio found out what happened to his father though? At least with the weapons coming out of the crystals and stuff it seems like the worldbuilding could be good at least. I mean the animation/character design are OK at least ...? Eh, I'll give it a shot :P
Apr 19, 2016 1:06 AM

Mar 2012
4kicks said:
aureate-chan said:
people taking weapons from their/each other's hearts or souls or something?
hmmmm, where have i seen that before?

come on, even the protagonist's name is similar.

The same gimmick also appears in Shining Tears X Wind.

utena is probably older and it most certainly wasn't the first one to have a scene like this either.

anyway, i think i'm getting a "trapped in another world" trauma. no, really, how many anime we have with this premise just this season?

i'm disappointed. came here for nobuhiro watsuki, luna sea, the shounen ai tag and it was so...
boring.
gonna give two more eps to see if i it gets better though.
Apr 20, 2016 7:56 AM

Apr 2015
op and ed are so generic and boring.

the first episode was good. Nothing spectacular but i liked. I guess i can watch this series as long as it entertains me.
May 11, 2016 9:45 AM

Jan 2012
The main thing here is Luna Sea. Probably only reason to watch this. Yet it's kinda entertaining. Even makes me wonder what they gonna show next.
Jun 2, 2016 2:19 AM

Dec 2008
Just watching it because of Luna Sea. I hope this gets better with the next episodes. ._.
Oct 18, 2022 4:50 PM
Dec 2017
stupid unlikable MC
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Endride Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

39 by Craneface »»
Mar 19, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Endride Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

20 by Craneface »»
Mar 19, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Endride Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

41 by Craneface »»
Mar 19, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Endride Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

20 by Minakata_Hizuru »»
Dec 25, 2022 8:06 PM

Poll: » Endride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2016

53 by PhoenixEvolver »»
Aug 18, 2022 7:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.