Forum Settings
Forums

This has been a bad month for long running anime.

New
Apr 1, 2016 11:13 PM
Aug 2015
Last week, Fairy Tail went on hiatus for an undetermined amount of time.(ruining my life, i need my wendy) This week was the last episode of Gintama, potentialy forever, aired and next week World Trigger ends.not that i really care, because it was kinda shit What i want to know is WHAT THE SHIT? Why are the long running anime ending all at the same time? At least we still have One Piece and Naruto. Also, are there any other good, long running anime that i am unaware of that are still running?
ie_above11DApr 1, 2016 11:20 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 1, 2016 11:15 PM
Feb 2015
Naruto Shippuden, honestly it's the best one so check it out the new episodes are awesome with great animation and story, but you're probably another close minded hater
Apr 1, 2016 11:15 PM

Sep 2015
You said "At least we still have One Piece" as if was a good thing.

OT: Great, I hope long running series finally die.
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Apr 1, 2016 11:16 PM
Mar 2011
right the other ling runns wil never end
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong

Jul 2014
the age of long-runners is ending, Shueisha and all those companies are realising that multiple 1-cour/2-cour seasons are more profitable than long-runners
Aug 2015
Krystopher said:
Naruto Shippuden, honestly it's the best one so check it out the new episodes are awesome with great animation and story, but you're probably another close minded hater
I just forget to put naruto after one piece. But, is it even running though. All fillers this year, damn.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2016 11:18 PM
Mar 2011
-Senpai- said:

they will never die and plus i think oppsite i think these ppor 12 epidoes shpws should die
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Apr 1, 2016 11:19 PM
Mar 2011
vikki7783 said:
the age of long-runners is ending, Shueisha and all those companies are realising that multiple 1-cour/2-cour seasons are more profitable than long-runners

also not correct look a prime time anime not just late night anime

Apr 1, 2016 11:19 PM
Aug 2015
DateYutaka said:
-Senpai- said:

they will never die and plus i think oppsite i think these ppor 12 epidoes shpws should die
at least finish the the anime when the manga ends. Fuck 12 episode anime. no endings
Apr 1, 2016 11:20 PM

Oct 2014
You forgot to mention Aikatsu, which is one of the few long running anime that actually looks interesting to me.
Apr 1, 2016 11:21 PM
Feb 2015
ilovewendy16 said:
Krystopher said:
I just forget to put naruto after one piece. But, is it even running though. All fillers this year, damn.

At least the most recent fillers are good shit imo at least, way better than one piece
Apr 1, 2016 11:22 PM

Apr 2015
Long run anime should just die already,I WANT MY LIST TO BE MORE HUGE FASTER!!
Apr 1, 2016 11:23 PM
Aug 2015
Krystopher said:
ilovewendy16 said:

At least the most recent fillers are good shit imo at least, way better than one piece
the itachi fillers are good though.
Apr 1, 2016 11:25 PM
Aug 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
You forgot to mention Aikatsu, which is one of the few long running anime that actually looks interesting to me.
is it any good though? i might watch it if it has an actual plot.
Apr 1, 2016 11:25 PM

Jun 2015
Krystopher said:
Naruto Shippuden with great animation and story

a little late there with the april fool's joke, m8
Apr 1, 2016 11:31 PM
Aug 2015
MozillaFennekin said:
Krystopher said:
Naruto Shippuden with great animation and story

a little late there with the april fool's joke, m8
the animation used to be shit, i think they stepped it up a bit, but its still not good. The story is great though.
Apr 1, 2016 11:34 PM

Oct 2011
kamisama751 said:
Kill the long running series and bring Boku no Pico back to life.

^ I agree with this guy.

But then again, some series aren't long enough. I wouldn't mind 100 more episodes of Lucky Star.
Apr 1, 2016 11:41 PM

Feb 2016
Naruto Shippuden is the only one I watch, the Itachi shinden spin off is pretty amazing. I was so disappointed when I didn't see a new episode yesterday.
This is my signature
Apr 1, 2016 11:41 PM

Feb 2015
don't ya worry m8, fairy tail will be back, let's just wait patiently.

"At least we still have One Piece and Naruto"
GG!
i don't have anything wrong with One Piece but Naruto....
GG! Filler is the best indeed.
Apr 1, 2016 11:46 PM

Oct 2014
ilovewendy16 said:
zombie_pegasus said:
is it any good though? i might watch it if it has an actual plot.
I don't know, but people seem to like it. It sorta looks like a mix between magical girl and idol anime, both of which are anime that I like. Judging by what people have said in the episode discussions it does have a story. It's anime original so you could say there's no filler, although I would guess that there are episodes that don't add anything to the plot.
Apr 1, 2016 11:48 PM

Aug 2015
Who cares? Most long runner series are shit anyways.
Apr 2, 2016 12:15 AM
Jan 2016
Theres always pokemon......

Im laughing so hard on the floor right now
Apr 2, 2016 12:30 AM
Aug 2015
Zeitresu said:
kamisama751 said:
Kill the long running series and bring Boku no Pico back to life.

^ I agree with this guy.

But then again, some series aren't long enough. I wouldn't mind 100 more episodes of Lucky Star.
your picture reminded me that i will probably never see Hasegawa animated again. and i began to cry. will his wife ever come back to him?
Apr 2, 2016 12:37 AM

Dec 2015
Long running shounens need to be replaced with something else, like some good 25 episodes animu. Atleast i would like dem studios focus on something like that rather than endless shounens. Too bad thats not how it works :/
Apr 2, 2016 1:26 AM

Oct 2011
ilovewendy16 said:
Zeitresu said:

^ I agree with this guy.

your picture reminded me that i will probably never see Hasegawa animated again. and i began to cry. will his wife ever come back to him?

Gintama already ended "for good" more than once and they brought it back.
If it truly did end for good this time, then they'll probably bring it back as Gintama Z, or Gintama GT. That is exactly the kind of trolling I expect the creators to do. I wouldn't worry too much.

By the way. Hasegawa has as much of a chance of being reunited with his wife as Mars of Destruction getting a rating over 3/10 here on MAL does, whether Gintama continues for another 500 episodes or not. True fact sadly.
Apr 2, 2016 1:36 AM

Dec 2015
Z-Dante said:

100%
Tho HxH is some REALLY good sht, to my suprise :p
(No, not the ecchi HxH lol)
Apr 2, 2016 1:38 AM

May 2015
-Senpai- said:

I just hope we get another Hikaru no Go or KHR
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Apr 2, 2016 1:40 AM

Jul 2015
I don't like long series anyway
I just hope for more anime with at least 24ep and max 50 ep
But sadly we are in the era of shitty anime with 12ep
Apr 2, 2016 2:20 AM

Jul 2013
Z-Dante said:

So what's your basis for this? From your list, the only long running series you've watched is Dragon Ball.
Apr 2, 2016 2:22 AM
Jul 2018
i can't watch a series if it exceeds like 100+ episodes before i find myself losing interest rapidly, although if you took out all the filler there'd be far less episodes in the long runners. maybe they're just not my thing. i have a difficulty enough keeping up with how many alterations they've made to like my western crime TV dramas over the years that I watch, I don't feel like keeping up with an anime thats even longer running than those.

i tried the big 3 and i failed miserably at trying to get into them, i wanted to like them but i was quite underwhelmed overall. they're not my thing, i guess.
Apr 2, 2016 2:24 AM

Aug 2015
Tenshi_Shura said:
Z-Dante said:

So what's your basis for this? From your list, the only long running series you've watched is Dragon Ball.
Basis? Almost none. I'm just stating my personal opinion.

*cough* Naruto Shippuden and Pokémon *cough*
Apr 2, 2016 2:27 AM

Apr 2013
I'm honestly digging this transition from long running to multiple 2 cour seasons anime, like basically what production I.G. has been doing with Kuroko and haikyuu.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Apr 2, 2016 2:28 AM

Mar 2014
Does it really matter?

Majority of long running anime are shit anyway
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 2, 2016 2:29 AM

Jul 2013
Z-Dante said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

Basis? Almost none. I'm just stating my personal opinion.

*cough* Naruto Shippuden and Pokémon *cough*

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl was good though.
Apr 2, 2016 2:36 AM

Aug 2015
@Tenshi_Shura , "Every" series are bound to be ruined if they keeps dragging for too long. Including Pokémon.

Why do you think I avoided original DBZ and watched DB Kai instead? Because, to me, that show just got the right pacing.

@Comic_sans, too late sis. Already said that long ago :P
Apr 2, 2016 2:45 AM

Jul 2013
Z-Dante said:
@Tenshi_Shura , "Every" series are bound to be ruined if they keeps dragging for too long. Including Pokémon.

If you're talking about Pokemon's recycled plot where Ash travels through towns and cities to battle gym leaders and compete in the Pokemon League, then I agree. However setting those aside, each generation offers a different sub-plot like Team Magma and Team Aqua, Team Galactic, and Team Plasma. Each episode where there is no overarching plot also offers a different story on different Pokemons. It's not dragging if offers something new.
Apr 2, 2016 2:48 AM

Aug 2013
Ths has been a bad month for anime in general...
And i'm scared guys, cuz i think it's dying...
ValenthiusApr 2, 2016 6:15 AM
Apr 2, 2016 2:56 AM

Mar 2014
Z-Dante said:

Why do you think I avoided original DBZ and watched DB Kai instead? Because, to me, that show just got the right pacing.

Doesn't matter

It's worth repeating
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 2, 2016 3:02 AM

Oct 2013
Z-Dante said:

Dbz kai has shitty soundtracks buddy.
Apr 2, 2016 3:14 AM

Jan 2013
zombie_pegasus said:

I was looking for this comment, haha.

It's fantastic, get on board with it~
Apr 2, 2016 3:15 AM

Jul 2013
I agree, I miss fairy tail and the voice actor for Lucy is studying abroad for 4 months so it will be at least 4 months or later to determine when FT will return
Apr 2, 2016 4:38 AM

Jun 2014
Krystopher said:

Come on Narutard, stop trying to make people like Naruto more than everything else, because it's not gonna happen. To say that the fillers are good, means that you are either high, or are suffering from delusions.
Apr 2, 2016 4:52 AM

Dec 2010
You eithr end as a good anime or live long enough to become shit? Tell me how there isn't a ton of horrid 12-episode anime.
Apr 2, 2016 5:11 AM
Dec 2013
Also, are there any other good, long running anime that i am unaware of that are still running?

Surprised that nobody has mentioned Detective Conan yet. And Dragon Ball Super has been pretty good lately.
Apr 2, 2016 5:18 AM

Jan 2013
Krystopher said:
Your trying way too hard here bud, face the facts its filler and its bad.
Apr 2, 2016 5:45 AM

Nov 2014
I don't see the problem when shows end, not enough of a problem to make a forum thread about it at least. Just go watch another anime.

I'm not the best with long running series (a good number of them are a drag), well there's Detective Conan. Frankly most of these long running series the whole anime community have likely heard of, and have already decided to watch or not.

Also not every shorter anime doesn't have an ending.
Recently there's Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, Death Parade. There's some pretty lighthearted stuff that don't really need to have endings, like Tonari no Seki-kun.

Long running shows aren't and likely won't be the norm in the future. Maybe go read manga instead if you want proper endings?
BurningSpiritApr 2, 2016 5:58 AM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Apr 2, 2016 6:09 AM

Sep 2013
it started being bad for long running anime the moment HxH 2011 ended..
Apr 2, 2016 8:42 AM

Jan 2014
It's been a bad month in general. Majority of short anime are still crap either way. Putting them in cours form doesn't change that. Just makes it more easily digestible crap.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Apr 2, 2016 8:46 AM

Oct 2014
Don't worry. Magi, Nanatsu no Taizai, and Boku no Hero Academia are going to save long running anime.
EDIT: Hopefully
EDIT #2: Well maybe.
EDIT #3: Actually, probably not. A1 Pictures is trash.
What Kabaneri Did Wrong:
- Edgelord protagonist
- Special snowflake girlfriend
- Giving humans powers
- Failing to create a unique/memorable setting

What Kabaneri Did Right:
Apr 2, 2016 12:13 PM
Aug 2015
JumpinJC said:
Also, are there any other good, long running anime that i am unaware of that are still running?

Surprised that nobody has mentioned Detective Conan yet. And Dragon Ball Super has been pretty good lately.
because the very idea of detective conan is shit.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best kind of relationship in anime?

IpreferEcchi - 5 hours ago

8 by Zarutaku »»
49 seconds ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

161 by Adnash »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - 8 hours ago

22 by tchitchouan »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » slut vs prude waifus

deg - Yesterday

31 by LightWorker »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - 4 hours ago

13 by tchitchouan »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.