Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Apr 1, 2016 1:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 15645
PeacefulWard said:
The art style really reminds me of the anime "The Pet Girl of Sakuraso" or whatever it's called. Kotarou looks pretty similar to the MC too. :P


Actually, that's my impression when I watched Sakurasou lol, that Sorata looks like Kotarou.


 
Apr 1, 2016 2:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 578
Tennouji said:
PeacefulWard said:
The art style really reminds me of the anime "The Pet Girl of Sakuraso" or whatever it's called. Kotarou looks pretty similar to the MC too. :P


Actually, that's my impression when I watched Sakurasou lol, that Sorata looks like Kotarou.


DON'T YOU DARE COMPARE THAT MOTHERFUCKER WITH KOTAROU

KOTAROU IS TOO GOOD TO BE COMPARED WITH THAT PIECE OF SHIT (you will get what i mean if you know the LN's ending)
 
Apr 1, 2016 2:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 15645
zaydgh123 said:
Tennouji said:


Actually, that's my impression when I watched Sakurasou lol, that Sorata looks like Kotarou.


DON'T YOU DARE COMPARE THAT MOTHERFUCKER WITH KOTAROU

KOTAROU IS TOO GOOD TO BE COMPARED WITH THAT PIECE OF SHIT (you will get what i mean if you know the LN's ending)


Don't worry, I'm only referring about their appearance lol. Besides, I'm aware that Kotarou comparing to Sorata is like, comparing a God to a mere human.


 
Apr 1, 2016 2:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 41
BerryChanx said:
Read this more news

Not sure how to feel but it seems to be good stuff i just hope it goes well

http://kazamatsuri.org/rewrite-animated-pv-published/

Aw man, now i can't act like a know-it-all toward the people who didn't read the VN.

They probably have their reasons, but still a "significant" change of the story is a bit frightening.
 
Apr 1, 2016 2:27 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 27
ikr? i felt the same XD glad Kagari will get more development
 
Apr 1, 2016 2:30 PM
~ PR Cheerio ~

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 6619
PeacefulWard said:
The art style really reminds me of the anime "The Pet Girl of Sakuraso" or whatever it's called. Kotarou looks pretty similar to the MC too. :P

Sakuraso na Pet Kanajo xD

and Yep, he reminds me of Sakuraso's MC too.
 
Apr 1, 2016 3:39 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 8
Looks good to me.

 
Apr 1, 2016 3:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 117
I'm so glad there is a decent amount of movement in the animation. There is anticipation before actions (some are subtle) so the people do know what they are doing. I would've loved for the action scenes to use singles but that's expecting too much. xD

The very fine line work really intrigues me though. I don't think I've seen any other anime with such line works or I just never realised them. It felt strange at first but after looking at them for a while, they don't look all that bad. It'll definitely help a lot with the wide angle shots and more subtle movements as well. It is also very interesting how soft shadows have been utilised which is really unique. I see a lot of experimentation with artistic techniques which has potential in setting itself from other anime.

I presume the reason people think the art is bland is because of both the soft shadows and also the lack of sunset/sunrise lighting in the pv.
You were eaten by the eel pie instead
 
Apr 1, 2016 4:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 963
Pretty good. They also used the VN OST. Now all I need is an episode count.
 
Apr 1, 2016 4:20 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 259
TakeMeInYourArmy said:
Ein said:

Lol that's not how creating anime works. Animation and art are not directly affected by the budget. Pouring money into a work does not instantly increase its quality


Yeah, you can still put out some great animation with a low budget, but to say budget doesn't affect animation isn't true either. A lower budget can lead to less animators and less work on the animation. Bigger budget allows room for a bigger staff really, and that makes it a whole lot easier to get good work done. That's my understanding of it anyway.

Yes that's true but as I said the budget doesn't directly affect quality. It does affect the amount of workers and things of that nature but there's no magical gimmick that increases a work's quality simply by devoting more money into it.
 
Apr 1, 2016 4:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 324
After this PV....

Smell one cour l:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
 
Apr 1, 2016 6:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 315
WillKamio said:
After this PV....

Smell one cour l:


Really? I smell 2.
Anime and video game lover. Exotic pet enthusiast, and also an apprentice falconer.





 
Apr 1, 2016 6:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 9710
I smell 26 episodes tbh
 
Apr 1, 2016 6:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 550
I smell 22 or maybe 24.
 
Apr 1, 2016 9:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1199
I smell.. The smelly smell that smells.... SMELLY....



In all seriousness, I smell 24 + 13
この世界には。。。秘密がある
 
Apr 2, 2016 2:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 4218
It's not looking good :| Character design in VN was much better. KOTORI!! :( Everything is blurred (I hope that final product will be much better), backgrounds are... well, very budget and CGish :/ Shading looks awful and CGish too.
I was hoping for animation and art like in Comet Lufifer, but well....
BerryChanx said:
Walkure Romance and Grisaia I liked the way they animated Grisaia everything was

Jesus. Grisaia was awful! It looked like a trash, definetly top 3 WORST LOOKING SERIES of 2015.
Everything were a total shit (ok, maybe except characters).
Modified by rsc-pl, Apr 2, 2016 2:57 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
 
Apr 2, 2016 3:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 578
rsc-pl said:
It's not looking good :| Character design in VN was much better. KOTORI!! :( Everything is blurred (I hope that final product will be much better), backgrounds are... well, very budget and CGish :/ Shading looks awful and CGish too.
I was hoping for animation and art like in Comet Lufifer, but well....
BerryChanx said:
Walkure Romance and Grisaia I liked the way they animated Grisaia everything was

Jesus. Grisaia was awful! It looked like a trash, definetly top 3 WORST LOOKING SERIES of 2015.
Everything were a total shit (ok, maybe except characters).



I kinda of see where you are coming from, the anime design doesn't have that shiny look that the VN had, of course the VN designs has LOTS of shading and LOTS of hair straps which are almost impossible to draw in animation (unless you make the whole show full of still frames with mouth movements only).

I like the design but I think that they should add like a small reflection of light in the hair so it would look more natural.

well the PV that we got had some great animations and it is well directed so I don't really have much to complain about :D


also I kinda agree about Grisaia looking bad, but I mostly blame it on the character design that looks good only in one angle, Thank god Rewrite's anime design doesn't have that issue.
 
Apr 2, 2016 4:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 4218
zaydgh123 said:


I kinda of see where you are coming from, the anime design doesn't have that shiny look that the VN had, of course the VN designs has LOTS of shading and LOTS of hair straps which are almost impossible to draw in animation (unless you make the whole show full of still frames with mouth movements only).

Of course I know that. But take a look on To Love Ru. Character designs, shadings (that level of details! creases on hair or clothes) and art quality from 1st series to the end of motto was great (ok, except few CG monsters), better than Darkness, and especially Darkness 2.
Take a look on this:



zaydgh123 said:

also I kinda agree about Grisaia looking bad, but I mostly blame it on the character design that looks good only in one angle, Thank god Rewrite's anime design doesn't have that issue.

I'm rather talking about awfully bad low budget CG environment ;)
Modified by rsc-pl, Apr 2, 2016 5:01 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
 
Apr 2, 2016 4:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 547
Ouch! It looks... well... not good. Also, damage control here is astounding.
 
Apr 2, 2016 5:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 547
flack said:
It is a bit too cutsey and bland...Giving me the terrible little busters anime vibes.


Also, this ^

I mean, what? LB looked so much better than this. Anyway, at least now I finally understand why 8bit is so infamous.
 
Apr 2, 2016 5:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 578
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
flack said:
It is a bit too cutsey and bland...Giving me the terrible little busters anime vibes.


Also, this ^

I mean, what? LB looked so much better than this. Anyway, at least now I finally understand why 8bit is so infamous.


Little Busters had a character design with lots of shading on the hair but it mostly had basic animations, in the other hand Rewrite has incredible frame-by-frame animations judging from the PV that we got.
 
Apr 2, 2016 6:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 547
zaydgh123 said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:


Also, this ^

I mean, what? LB looked so much better than this. Anyway, at least now I finally understand why 8bit is so infamous.


Little Busters had a character design with lots of shading on the hair but it mostly had basic animations, in the other hand Rewrite has incredible frame-by-frame animations judging from the PV that we got.


Woohoo~! *extreme apathy*
Also, it's pretty obvious by now that this is gonna be really low-budget adaptation and that means two things: heavily modified story and no routes.
 
Apr 2, 2016 9:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 15645
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Also, it's pretty obvious by now that this is gonna be really low-budget adaptation and that means two things: heavily modified story and no routes.


It's already confirmed that they're staying true to the novel and that means, there are routes and they're keeping the important scenes and plot points with bonus anime original contents that will bland well with the story and the route as an anime-viewer. What the hell are you talking about?

Unless I'll just let someone else state that confirmation for you.
Modified by Tennouji, Apr 2, 2016 9:08 AM


 
Apr 2, 2016 9:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 41
Tennouji said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Also, it's pretty obvious by now that this is gonna be really low-budget adaptation and that means two things: heavily modified story and no routes.


Unless I'll just let someone else state that confirmation for you.

Actually the link BerryChanx posted earlier states that the anime will begin to deviate significantly from the original Visual Novel toward the middle of the anime. So the ending is probably gonna happen in a different way, for better or worse.

But yeah calling it cheap already is a bit pessimistic.
Link: http://kazamatsuri.org/rewrite-animated-pv-published/
 
Apr 2, 2016 9:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 15645
themogens said:
Tennouji said:


Unless I'll just let someone else state that confirmation for you.

Actually the link BerryChanx posted earlier states that the anime will begin to deviate significantly from the original Visual Novel toward the middle of the anime. So the ending is probably gonna happen in a different way, for better or worse.

But yeah calling it cheap already is a bit pessimistic.
Link: http://kazamatsuri.org/rewrite-animated-pv-published/


Yes but I don't think that is meant as the ending is gonna happen in a different way. They'll just do something original development somewhere in the middle part. Or that's what I understand.

Then again, it doesn't mean the story will be heavily modified like that one user said.


 
Apr 2, 2016 9:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 976
My only problem with the PV is the colors honestly except for that it's pretty fine.
 
Apr 2, 2016 10:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 315
Why are people complaining about the art? The only scene that looked bad to me in the PV was the first one where Kotori was sleeping in the forest.
Other than that, the art blends well with the background art.

More importantly, shouldn't we be worrying about things like the episode count and pacing/story?
Anime and video game lover. Exotic pet enthusiast, and also an apprentice falconer.





 
Apr 2, 2016 1:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 4218
PeacefulWard said:


More importantly, shouldn't we be worrying about things like the episode count and pacing/story?

Of course the art is important too.
If you don't care about art, just start reading (not visual) novels. Anime = art and animation + music + voice acting + story + direction. Nothing more, nothing less. Everthing is important.
Modified by rsc-pl, Apr 2, 2016 1:15 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
 
Apr 2, 2016 1:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 6560
rsc-pl said:
PeacefulWard said:


More importantly, shouldn't we be worrying about things like the episode count and pacing/story?

Of course the art is important too.
If you don't care about art, just start reading (not visual) novels. Anime = art and animation + music + voice acting + story + direction. Nothing more, nothing less. Everthing is important.
Even if a show has shitty art, you should be more than capable of enjoying the show if the characters, story or whatever is good enough.

The art is important for sure, but some people make it seem like it's the end of the world just because the art isn't to their taste.
 
Apr 2, 2016 1:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 4218
Snappynator said:


Even if a show has shitty art, you should be more than capable of enjoying the show if the characters, story or whatever is good enough.

The art is important for sure, but some people make it seem like it's the end of the world just because the art isn't to their taste.


Well, I can't enjoy shows with shitty art.
Or in other words, I can't watch a show with high amount of shitty CG, even if story is good. Maybe strange comparison, but the same situation is with people. Would you like to have a fat, ugly girlfriend (or boyfriend if a girl reading it) with crossed eyes (I'm not laughing of anyone OK?)? Of course she/he would be a kindheart etc. I assume, that your answer is NOT (even if you say YES, it's not true :P). The same goes in opposite way of course (beautiful but stupid - the answer would be probably NOT, too).
Dub = fake crap. Always.
 
Apr 2, 2016 1:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 4319
>cant watch anime with shitty art
has clannad as favs
>cant watch anime with heavy cg
enjoys the gatari series

most of ur list has something with either some shitty art style or some use of cg.

good luck watching unique anime if u only watch ur generic anime art style.
 
Apr 2, 2016 1:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 4218
moodie said:
>cant watch anime with shitty art
has clannad as favs

Clannad and shitty art? :O Say what?! OK maybe in VN.
if this is a shitty art, then I don't even want to know, what is a good art for you:

moodie said:

>cant watch anime with heavy cg
enjoys the gatari series

Shaft had done it in totally different way and in most of Monogatari series it wasn't that bad. It was rather experimental.
But I complained a lot about art in Owarimono threads, so..
Modified by rsc-pl, Apr 2, 2016 1:57 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
 
Apr 2, 2016 1:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 6560
rsc-pl said:
Snappynator said:


Even if a show has shitty art, you should be more than capable of enjoying the show if the characters, story or whatever is good enough.

The art is important for sure, but some people make it seem like it's the end of the world just because the art isn't to their taste.


Well, I can't enjoy shows with shitty art.
Or in other words, I can't watch a show with high amount of shitty CG, even if story is good. Maybe strange comparison, but the same situation is with people. Would you like to have a fat, ugly girlfriend (or boyfriend if a girl reading it) with crossed eyes (I'm not laughing of anyone OK?)? Of course she/he would be a kindheart etc. I assume, that your answer is NOT (even if you say YES, it's not true :P). The same goes in opposite way of course (beautiful but stupid - the answer would be probably NOT, too).
Art is a subjective matter, what one might like others might hate, but acting like a show is pure garbage/unwatchable just because you don't like the art is stupid. There is far more to animes than just the art style, as for your example it's pretty great - someone who picks based on looks is less likely to actually appreciate something that might actually turn out great compared to someone who looks at more than just the surface.
 
Apr 2, 2016 2:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 315
Rewrite definitely doesn't have shitty art. The art's just different from what anime usually has.

But anyways, like @Snappynator said, art is one of those subjects that is based almost purely on opinion. So if you don't like it, that's okay.
Anime and video game lover. Exotic pet enthusiast, and also an apprentice falconer.





 
Apr 2, 2016 2:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 999
Key visual novel? I'll bring a jar to collect my tears in.
 
Apr 2, 2016 2:49 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1706
Gabagool said:
Key visual novel? I'll bring a jar to collect my tears in.
No need it's not like other Key series. It's still my favorite though.
 
Apr 2, 2016 5:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 169
Why those complaints? It's better than I expected, really that animation is not sooooo perfect, however about characters design, I can't imagine how would it be better, none studio (including 8bit) would make exactly the same as it's in the VN with detailed hair and etc ... Bro it's a animation, not just a sprite repeating all the time. The most important is have a character design recognizable, and they do.

After Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban animation by A - 1 pictures being so bad (1st episode) Rewrite's PV looks a paradise in anime hahaha .
 
Apr 2, 2016 5:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1199
Arikado- said:
Why those complaints? It's better than I expected, really that animation is not sooooo perfect, however about characters design, I can't imagine how would it be better, none studio (including 8bit) would make exactly the same as it's in the VN with detailed hair and etc ... Bro it's a animation, not just a sprite repeating all the time. The most important is have a character design recognizable, and they do.

After Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban animation by A - 1 pictures being so bad (1st episode) Rewrite's PV looks a paradise in anime hahaha .

Part of the reason why people are a bit turned off by the art (not the animation) is because the original VN sprites and CGs were incredibly detailed. Since we were so used to seeing those, the art for the anime seems a little bit bad to some people.

The animation is fine though. The movements of the characters are very detailed and realistic
この世界には。。。秘密がある
 
Apr 2, 2016 11:23 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 14
People are complaining a bit too much about the artwork. I remember when they released the Grisaia trailer people complained a lot about the art and how 8bit messed it up. When it came to the actual anime it was really done quite well.
 
Apr 3, 2016 12:03 AM
~ PR Cheerio ~

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 6619
Arikado- said:
Why those complaints? It's better than I expected, really that animation is not sooooo perfect, however about characters design, I can't imagine how would it be better, none studio (including 8bit) would make exactly the same as it's in the VN with detailed hair and etc ... Bro it's a animation, not just a sprite repeating all the time. The most important is have a character design recognizable, and they do.

After Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban animation by A - 1 pictures being so bad (1st episode) Rewrite's PV looks a paradise in anime hahaha .


I don't think AA's animation was bad, just standard. Buuuuuut Yes I agree Rewrite's PV looks like a paradise *w*
 
Apr 3, 2016 3:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 6560
Arikado- said:
Why those complaints? It's better than I expected, really that animation is not sooooo perfect, however about characters design, I can't imagine how would it be better, none studio (including 8bit) would make exactly the same as it's in the VN with detailed hair and etc ... Bro it's a animation, not just a sprite repeating all the time. The most important is have a character design recognizable, and they do.

After Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban animation by A - 1 pictures being so bad (1st episode) Rewrite's PV looks a paradise in anime hahaha .
People like to complain about everything.
 
Apr 3, 2016 3:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 547
PeacefulWard said:
Rewrite definitely doesn't have shitty art. The art's just different from what anime usually has.

But anyways, like @Snappynator said, art is one of those subjects that is based almost purely on opinion. So if you don't like it, that's okay.


Different? No, it's just shitty. It looks bad for a 2016 anime.
Compare this crap to another Key adaptation - Clannad. It's from 2007 and it looks beautiful even by today's standards. Of course it's a boring chore, but god damn(!) it looks awesome.
 
Apr 3, 2016 5:07 AM
Kotori❤Kanbe

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 4105
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
PeacefulWard said:
Rewrite definitely doesn't have shitty art. The art's just different from what anime usually has.

But anyways, like @Snappynator said, art is one of those subjects that is based almost purely on opinion. So if you don't like it, that's okay.


Different? No, it's just shitty. It looks bad for a 2016 anime.
Compare this crap to another Key adaptation - Clannad. It's from 2007 and it looks beautiful even by today's standards. Of course it's a boring chore, but god damn(!) it looks awesome.


That's entirely your opinion. The art is fine and beside this who cares about art...
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. https://discord.gg/rRn6Jy3 if u want me to face reveal ask in pm
 
Apr 3, 2016 6:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 547
Mirotokiwa said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:


Different? No, it's just shitty. It looks bad for a 2016 anime.
Compare this crap to another Key adaptation - Clannad. It's from 2007 and it looks beautiful even by today's standards. Of course it's a boring chore, but god damn(!) it looks awesome.


That's entirely your opinion. The art is fine and beside this who cares about art...


Lots of people, that's who.
 
Apr 3, 2016 7:51 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1706
Mirotokiwa said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:


Different? No, it's just shitty. It looks bad for a 2016 anime.
Compare this crap to another Key adaptation - Clannad. It's from 2007 and it looks beautiful even by today's standards. Of course it's a boring chore, but god damn(!) it looks awesome.


That's entirely your opinion. The art is fine and beside this who cares about art...
I personally care about the art. Rewrite's art isn't bad just a bit plain and the animation is great so either way I can get used to it.
 
Apr 3, 2016 9:38 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 6303
Eh, I'm not that fond of the animation... It looks kinda flat? And simplified. I really hope it's just my imagination, and it's going to rock when it finally airs.

Well, at least Akane doesn't look twelve anymore (compared to first key visuals), that's an improvment :D
 
Apr 4, 2016 12:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 3483
Well, I gotta say I'm not a fan of the art, or at least, it looks incredibly low budget. There are times in that PV where I was finding some faces looked weird(Especially compared to the VN designs)but at least I know what to expect, and at least it's nothing cancerous.
 
Apr 4, 2016 3:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 434
The art looks much nicer at night, which makes sense seeing as most of the important moments in the story take place at night. Honestly, I can see why they've gone with this colouring style. It's a lot more versatile, leaving lots of room for significant tone shifts without it feeling too jarring. I mean, the only reason Rewrite had the moe designs was because it was Key, which works as a huge setback when it comes to the anime. Finding a style that can keep that Key look while still being able to feel gritty later on would be pretty hard.
Modified by TakeMeInYourArmy, Apr 4, 2016 3:56 AM
 
Apr 4, 2016 7:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 169
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
Compare this crap to another Key adaptation - Clannad. It's from 2007 and it looks beautiful even by today's standards


Don't expect 8bit studio to do a Kyoto animation (Clannad).
KyoAny don't want to adapt Key works anymore (so have I heard). I'm relieved that 8bit at least made a good character design.
 
Apr 5, 2016 1:39 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 59
Well I have been reading for months on these Rewrite discussions and I finally decided to state my opinion on the pv:
I love the animation and it really gave me that feeling I got in the vn, not like LB where i felt like I was watching something totally different from the vn. and I think that the common route of Rewrite will be done really well with the comedy and everyday life scenes.
 
Top
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »