Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Mayoiga Episode 1 Discussion

Apr 1, 2016 9:44 PM

I got a very good first impression of jack, my early favorite. Great first episode.

Apr 1, 2016 9:46 PM

Slowpoke_ said:
Maybe it wont be them killing the mc but the mc killing them LOL

By "them" i meant the story creators.
For what i see he will ( proably ) be the " all friendly 10 episodes until he sees that you need to live for yourself " type of mc

Apr 1, 2016 9:50 PM

this anime is surprisingly good
i like the soundtracks used, definitely builds up the horror/creepy/eerie feeling
so many characters, those names are weird asf i thought then realized they're online names lol
but still, they're hard to remember, so far i only remember lion and mitsumune q_q
lion is my fav so far too

Apr 1, 2016 9:50 PM

Well that was something. The show's got my interest so far, and I just hope it doesn't screw it up.

The cast though, damn. Feels like Survivor/Total Drama more than anything else.

Apr 1, 2016 10:02 PM

Wow, I really liked it! Excellent build-up in just one episode! Creepy nursery songs and creepy meh characters :) When the bus took the turn on the bridge, I cringed, lol.

Please, stay good. Twelve episodes seem a bit insufficient for the potential development, but let's give it some hype - it was properly earned.

Apr 1, 2016 10:03 PM
I will not be surprised if it turns out to be like Agatha Christie's "And There were none" or some kind of plot twist were they are connected by something maybe all of them are criminals or some of them involved in a certain crime.

Apr 1, 2016 10:10 PM
So what to say about this episode.

At first, I really liked the beginning. I didn't mind the introduction of the characters one by one. At least the writers utilized the situation they were in (pseudo tour bus like) and had the host encourage everyone to say their name and the like. You really get to see you these people are on the surface, whether they're on this trip to get away, to avoid their situations in their past, or something more, as we see in our MC, "Mitsumune." Overall, the feel of the cast and show is present and makes for a really delectable show.

I'm also glad they chose to introduce us to the complexities of Mitsumune. I'm looking forward to how the will treat his character development.

However, one thing I have to say that this episode has a problem about is prioritizing their characters and having that effect their pacing. I say this as an animator myself. So read this as a pretentious post that fuels my own ego through the power of the internet aka read it with some salt. Perhaps 3 tablespoons. There's especially one scene that I felt they just glossed over the hints of character development or character depth.

Overall, I'd recommend people to watch this and to definitely at least stick around for the next episode if this show peaks your interest. Only time will tell if the writers know what they're doing with this show.

-The Pretentious Animator

Apr 1, 2016 10:13 PM

Burger-Meister said:
Well that was something. The show's got my interest so far, and I just hope it doesn't screw it up.

The cast though, damn. Feels like Survivor/Total Drama more than anything else.

Same. I couldn't help but remember back to TDI with all those introductions.

Really interested in how this will go. By the OP, it seems like there were will be multiple groups, but will they be fighting each other or some unknown entity. We'll see I guess.

Apr 1, 2016 10:16 PM

This show shows some promise. It's got my attention but that song was just creepy... The opening song is alright and the ending song is meh. I hope this anime works out well.

Apr 1, 2016 10:18 PM

Pretty average, tons of character introductions, didn't get any feeling of tension or horror so far. Lion and the Speedstar kid are my favorites so far. Dislike the MC and that vomiting girl. Hope they focus on other characters well and ramp up the tension as this goes on :/

Apr 1, 2016 10:23 PM
Moody Girl

Promising, though I've given it a 3/5, since I thought the pacing was really quick after the characters were introduced. Almost like they were trying to cram so much into one episode, even so, stuff that didn't make too much sense. Just an introduction though, and definitely made me want to watch more.

Things that really caught my eye was the soundtrack throughout the episode, especially the eerie song the mysterious girl was singing towards the end. Art and animation is really good as well. Although the opening and ending themes sounded really generic, they weren't half bad.

karlstein12 said:
This has that eerie feel about it like a proper suspense show, and has that similarity with Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider in its atmosphere.

Can definitely agree with this! I'm only 3 episodes into The Perfect Insider (oops), and this show has a similar feel to drawing your attention in and getting you to come back for another episode. I hope they show consistency with that throughout the anime.

Apr 1, 2016 10:26 PM

That was quite something. I really don't know what to think about it.

I think the show is promising, but I did had some problems here and there. Im gonna keep watching it though.
Cretaions said:
Lol. Lion's seiyuu is airi's voice from oni chichi gg
I knew it. I fuckin knew it.
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Apr 1, 2016 10:30 PM

Makes me feel like they all committed suicide and are all on one happy bus to the afterlife.

Liked the overall feel, good assortment of characters, dat fuckin' hippopotamus song. This will be a good show for theories - and mystery is listed :) 4/5

Apr 1, 2016 10:50 PM

hmm... not a bad episode...
too much character and they are using online names, except Mitsumune maybe...
that Valkana guy really annoying...
ok to the next episode...
Modified by michaelh19, Apr 1, 2016 10:54 PM

Apr 1, 2016 10:57 PM

It's got an interesting start by I'm weary of how many characters there are. Let's see what happens.
4/5

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Apr 1, 2016 10:59 PM

Lion and Jack are the best characters so far in my opinion. The way Jack took control of the situation was pretty badass.

As pointed out by the Key Visuals, it seems like when shit hits the fan it happens over a period of one day. The first pic looks like early morning and the fourth pic is at night.

The atmosphere gives off a very eerie vibe so you can easily tell bad things are going to happen. Especially with all the creepy songs and psychological breakdowns of the characters.

Apr 1, 2016 10:59 PM

I'm not going to remember any of these characters' names, there's way too many introduced at once that I just don't care for them right now. Unless people start dying left and right (for real), or they indeed have their own individual personalities, I don't think I'm going to be invested in this.

Really, the number of characters (31 off the bat!) and the fact it's 12 episodes are both raising red flags in my mind. I understand that it's hard to juggle a large cast, but I don't feel this was a good way to introduce these characters when there's no real way for me to tell them apart at a glance. I don't know, maybe this would work out better in literary format as it can guarantee there's less limitations than it will have as an anime. The show better really get its shit together, or that's going to hurt it.

Apr 1, 2016 11:05 PM

Eerie... I'm sure they're all going to start being picked off so I'm going to try not to become attached to anyone.

Apr 1, 2016 11:06 PM

Yeah I don't care but I'm going to pick Lion as my favorite character. Loli in a lion hoodie with a badass attitude, I can't resist it. Everyone else seems all shades of both cool and creepy. This is one of the big anime I'm looking forward to from the Spring anime season.

Apr 1, 2016 11:08 PM

Seems like this will be one of those: "Don't trust anyone" type of anime with a "be careful what you wish for" feel. I'm pretty sure they all have a death flag right now, we just don't know the order of who is gonna be killed. That's just the vibe I'm feeling off this anime though.
Don't believe the hype.

Apr 1, 2016 11:08 PM

Great first episode. The atmosphere was definitely creepy throughtout the episode. Really liking how quirky all the characters are. My favorites so far are Jack and Masaki.

VanishingKira said:
Key visuals already basically spoiled who lives and who dies (as if it ain't fairly obvious):

Well, shit.. can't wait to see them start killing each other, lmao.

Apr 1, 2016 11:14 PM

This looks interesting

Apr 1, 2016 11:15 PM
Equitum said:
DanWall said:
I'm not the only person who wishes the hippopotamus song was the OP right? ...Right?

Nah, I actually quite liked the OP.

I was kind of hoping they would use that badass rendition of Hall of the Mountain King in the first PV. That was what first sold me on this in the first place.

I really like shows with large casts, so I'm hoping they'll take the time to properly flesh out each character. I was kind of hoping that we wouldn't get saddled with the young idealistic kid as the protagonist, but that's anime for you. The OST did a really good job at maintaining the tension even for the more mundane parts.

I'll be looking forward to seeing where their going to take this one.

Apr 1, 2016 11:15 PM

director Mizushima must watch already

Apr 1, 2016 11:25 PM

VanishingKira said:
Key visuals already basically spoiled who lives and who dies (as if it ain't fairly obvious):

Even without these 4 images was obious who were the main characters based on the timeframe and opening/ending song, lots of these people are just fillers to make a 12 episode tv serie, and i'm pretty sure that if you watch the first and the last 2-3 episodes you have the whole serie explained and resolved. Classic narrative method. :)
Modified by Fnights, Apr 1, 2016 11:28 PM

Apr 1, 2016 11:26 PM

Well well, Let's see where this goes.

Cannot wait the mystery tough, not expecting any Axe-man from closet that starts to kill everyone but somewhat interested about what the makers are planning
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))

Apr 1, 2016 11:33 PM

This felt like watching a Youtube video and setting it to x2.0 speed. Also 30 characters for a 12 episode anime?? But on some real shit... that Hippopotamus song was LIT!!!

Apr 1, 2016 11:37 PM

It was a good start!

There are a lot of characters on the bus!

Apr 1, 2016 11:54 PM

What an interesting episode!
Didn't expect this to be good tbh.

Apr 1, 2016 11:56 PM

There's a lot of characters....

Now I'm hoping for some battle royale thing since this seems to establish that.

People who have no regards of their past life, basically wants to die. Then there's that guy with the survival of the fittest personality. Lion the mysterious girl. A detective/PI which is a smart person. A main boy and main girl who both are wimpy and basically will hide in the shadow instead of killing anyone.

I hope it'd take a sudden dark turn. It'd be more interesting that way since I don't expect all 30 people to live till the end.

Also I don't seem to like the main girl, Lion is more interesting.

Apr 1, 2016 11:58 PM
忍野 忍

So many names but then again since most of them will probably go "missing" it won't really matter lol. Mitsumune is kind of annoying. Lion is fav

Apr 1, 2016 11:58 PM

I liked the episode.

My theory is that the main guy is dead. In his vision we see him falling from a large wall, ending up in the hospital and stuff. But what doesn't make sense is that his Mom says he was alright....

So confusing! But I really hope we get to see some torture and cannibalism. It was foreshadowed in this episide, after all.
Anime and video game lover. Exotic pet enthusiast, and also an apprentice falconer.

Apr 1, 2016 11:59 PM

Okay , this episode got me interested . I'm hooked and want to know the secrets of this village and whether it exists or its just a ruse . The atmosphere is creepy and some sentences just foreshadow that something bad will happen like "something bad will happen " " i hope we don't end up cannibalizing each other " and that song in the end that koharun was singing is creepy af. Also whats with the nicknames ? Lion , speedstar , pink goddess , lovepon, judgeness lol .

Apr 2, 2016 12:08 AM

99% sure there will be cannabilism. Why even bring it up twice if it's not going to happen? :')

I see the slaughter and I want it.
Anime and video game lover. Exotic pet enthusiast, and also an apprentice falconer.

Apr 2, 2016 12:13 AM
A intriguing start, looking foward for the next episode

Apr 2, 2016 12:13 AM

I am getting some battle royal vibe... I wasn't planning on watching this series but it's mysteriousness has caught my attention.

Apr 2, 2016 12:15 AM

That really captivated me. It felt really suspenseful and errie most of the time.
I felt someone would die at some point with all the dark sounding music in the background and especially with some of those characters. That driver as well who almost tried to kill them.

Masa,i was some weird stuff going on with her.
I could not tell what was happening when Mitsumune had the weird thought in his mind with the time bomb or whatever it was.

I feel this could turn out as a really great show. So much interesting characters and the talk of this village is intriguing me a lot.

Apr 2, 2016 12:16 AM

Good start for this. I hope the anime keeps the suspense (or creepiness) element intact. Too many characters, hopefully they'll go missing?!
Mitsumune and Hayato seem good, Lion seems interesting, the guide and the creepy girl from the end seem promising.
Great bus scene, the nightmare of Mitsu was the highlight for me.
Let's hope this show gets better and popular too!
Modified by bluebear_tora, Apr 2, 2016 12:20 AM

Apr 2, 2016 12:17 AM

Thug_Gou said:
Where'd you guys watch it? The site that I use still hasn't posted it. :(

Anilinkz. Got DL it hours ago.
#CHEXIT

Apr 2, 2016 12:26 AM

Felt a bit like I was watching LIMIT again.

Decent start I guess. Not as creepy as I thought it would be. The main guy's kind of normal but the main girl is wacko. Varukana is annoying af. Can't wait for people to start disappearing.

Apr 2, 2016 12:30 AM

I liked the hippopotamus and cannibal song, don't know what to think about the show yet.
"All men are jealous and stupid, and all women are stupid to be happy about it, idiots are everywhere you look!"

Holo-Spice And Wolf

Apr 2, 2016 12:32 AM
Hug Addict <3

well... that's a lot of character introductions lol

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Apr 2, 2016 12:44 AM
One of the girls looks like they have the same sort of jacket, from one of the characters from Durarara
Modified by CharmOffensive, Apr 2, 2016 12:49 AM

Apr 2, 2016 12:48 AM

What happens when you put a bunch of kids who are borderline crazy in a bus with the promise of starting a new life? Death and murder, that's what.

Apr 2, 2016 12:52 AM

Interesting start introducing all the unknown characters who will soon be together in a mysterious villa, I mean village. Nothing really striking at first but I love the "Seven neggers" genre so I will watch it (+ noone can do it as good as the mystery novels mistress, so no big expectation)
But so many "neggars"... would have fit better in a normal length series (24-26eps).

3/5

edit @SwordSaint Glad I'm not the only one seeing Christie here! Is the book you mentionned the one called "Seven Little Neggers"?

Why does everyone disliked the bus driver? Sure, at the end, he was nonsensical but at first he was the only person in the vehicle who made sense.

Shonase said:
Thug_Gou said:
Where'd you guys watch it? The site that I use still hasn't posted it. :(

You can watch it on kissanime, gogoanime, or animeshow.tv
could also promote platforms who stream them for free legally... especially an original project like this who needs a minimum of support.
Modified by Rei_III, Apr 2, 2016 1:43 AM

Apr 2, 2016 1:13 AM
moodie said:
Bokurano handled a large cast well

Im not too worried with this

Bokurano had episodes 24 episodes.

Apr 2, 2016 1:19 AM
Anime version of Palahniuk's "Haunted" anyone?

Apr 2, 2016 1:29 AM
$2.99/mo (USD)

Assuming the key visuals are accurate,

Apr 2, 2016 1:29 AM

let's sing the hippopotamus song
Credits to SenpieX for the forum set and profile pic

Apr 2, 2016 1:34 AM

I honestly liked that gave at least some attention for everyone on the bus and I just hope all action won't be concentrated on few ones in later episodes.

Lion and Speedster were kinda my favorite characters in this episode.

Although all this crowd is pretty weird by singing songs about dead hippos :/

Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »