Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Mayoiga Episode 1 Discussion

Jul 29, 2016 2:23 PM

Promissory, but too much information. I can remember like five characters ahahah

Aug 24, 2016 11:30 AM

a lot of characters here but there was definitely something eerie and suspenseful about the episode, a few cliche characters that probably won't be that interesting but very interested to see where it goes!

Sep 16, 2016 8:57 AM

It was an ok start.. i guess.

Nov 6, 2016 12:41 AM

nep-nep said:
I tried so hard to find one likable character and I instead hated all of them by the end of the episode wtf

I get what you mean, all the characters seem too forced and cliche.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 4, 2016 10:17 AM

2 minutes in and I already hate everyone. I love the names though xD
For a second there, it look as if the bus driver was going to be the only sensible character in here...until he decided to go on a suicide run.

I got a little of taste of that unintentional comedy that this series is oh so famous for, because I was dying of laughter for the majority of this episode. Can't wait to see what more fuckery they will come up with.

And also : why do they look like they forgot to turn off the stove in the ED sequence?
Modified by KashKetchum, Dec 4, 2016 6:11 PM

Jul 23, 2017 11:39 PM

Mikage looks cool.
Hello, Naana. :)
LMAO at that Yuuna situation.
Hello, Piitan. Damn it, she's taken already. You could have done better than Manbe. I hope he realizes he's lucky.
At least Manbe and Piitan didn't commit suicide like some dumbass couples would do when their parents didn't want them together. They moved to another place.
Hello, Maimai. :)
Hello, Puuko. I can be your Adam, but I haven't seen your oppai size yet so I'm gonna put that on hold.
WTF, Nyanta.
lol at Speedstar. He looks cool.
Hello, Nettaiya. :)
Hello, Lovepon. I like your eyes.
lol at that song.
LMAO at the messages on his phone.
Dat Nettaiya body.
Maimai so fine. Looking at Puuko's oppai....I'll give her a chance and be her Adam.
lol at Mitsumune actually calling her crazy.
LMAO at the game.
LMAO at him saying Ladies and Gentlemen and Greetings.
Dat Naana smile. So perfect.
Why the hell would you kick the drivers seat?
Crazy ass dream.
Now the drivers pissed. He stepped on the gas.
LMAO at no toppings on the Ramen.
Dem legs. Dat booty.
Jack has on crocs. I'm dead.
Yuck.
Maimai so fine.
Dat girl. She's cute.
Wow. Rude asshole...and ignorant. She doesn't even use foundation. I like that. lol at her just blowing it off.

Good start. I have so many waifu's from just the 1st episode. Very good. Good OP and ED songs as well. Lion's face in the ED reminds me of Faye. Just a bit.
Modified by Rob, Jul 24, 2017 8:27 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

Nov 5, 2017 10:29 AM
Top Aidoru ♪

The immediate monologue about the bus being Noah's ark completely lost me. What the heck? Is this a cult?

The introductions were kinda clumsily handled, where it's a way overtly obvious method to quickly introduce everyone's names and gimmicks without any real spin on the act. In fact, I counted 29 people we were introduced to within the first 5 minutes, which leads into the intro that introduces all the characters again in a fast-forwarded clip show. As a show with a relatively large cast of named characters, I can't say this was really the right way to go about this, though it's probably due to the time constraints of the show. Because of this though, the first couple minutes were purely structural, where the show lays bare its characters, general plot, its mysterious tone, character relationships, and general nuances explaining their world. In other words, the setup works functionally, but the flow is really jagged, where every move seems to be made for a machine-like purpose.

Mayoiga is trying to be slightly psychological, slightly mysterious, slightly optimistic in its approach to starting over life, slightly wishy washy in its immediate presentation of counter arguments, and slightly macabre with a dash of viewer appeal by having everyone present themselves as colorful internet dwellers gathering together to reset life. At least in the first episode, it doesn't do anything to over extend itself, instead choosing to present the skeletons of a story, rather than the story itself. All the parts are here to make a show, but it's like reading the instruction manual to a game, rather than actually playing the game itself.

Also, how the heck did gun girl manage to bring a weapon on board? How was that allowed?

Nov 25, 2017 3:38 PM

friday the 13th. nice intro to a plot of doubt - the cast all talk a bit of themselves~

aimer - brave shine | forum set by phraze

Dec 24, 2017 7:57 PM

Singing on the bus lol, Nice song XD

Jul 3, 3:36 PM
Was pretty terrible imo. Super tropes starting a new life in place none of them (not even the guides) have been? Wow... they just a bunch stupid ideas to create a story & threw them at a wall.

Pages (10) « First ... « 9 10 [11]