Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Mayoiga Episode 1 Discussion

Apr 2, 2016 7:35 AM

creepy but interesting :D

Apr 2, 2016 7:36 AM

Interesting so far. Lion looks like she's going to be my favorite. The switching between the scenes was kinda fast for my taste though.

3/5
[center][/center]

Apr 2, 2016 7:43 AM

BlueBalls said:
I don't really get the hate, I think we got sufficient character development for just one episode.

I don't like the character design much but the premise is fun imo.

Its 12 episode horror show with 30 cliched characters created by the masterful authors of such masterpieces as Another, Blood C and Wixoss. Animated by such an "awesome" studio as Diomedea.

Any negative reaction to this is pretty much deserved.

bastek66 said:
Fai said:
From the genius people who brought you brilliant comedies of Wixxoss and Another, comes another comedic show set in unoriginal setting, where the focus is on generic under-developed cardboard cliches of people dying in random stupid ways!

Bravo Mari Okada. Bravo. I don't know what I expected, but this certainly cheered me up and made the rest of the anime this year look a lot more bright and good

2/10

What a bias. Did Okada shit into your corn flakes?
It's Tsutomu Mizushima's show, she only writes what he told her. At worst we will get comedy of the season. Unlike Another, no one will spoil us.

Because Mizushima works so well when writing horror. I mean he did such masterpieces as Blood C.

Its perfect fit with Okada.

Apr 2, 2016 8:01 AM

The Okada hate is strong, and we are on the first episode.

Apr 2, 2016 8:03 AM

DAMN, ALOT of characters introduced, about 20 right?
So far they've done well. Everyone does seem different, and the music cracks me up 😂😂
From the opening to the ending and the song sang in the bus around the 8 minute mark. The bus driver has some hardships lol.
Well from the outset this anime original looks great, nice art and nice story so far. Kinda irritating the synopsis spoiled it for us :/
Because it still hasn't happened after on episode.
Well it'll be fun unraveling this story, the mystery and all.
7/10 for now.

Apr 2, 2016 8:09 AM

This will probably get announced as split cour at the end of episode 12, no way this ends up being any good with only 12 episodes.

Apr 2, 2016 8:12 AM

If I am strange, I want to know how can I define the characters in the cast? LOL
Pretty surreal and interesting episode, certain that the world is just different, I enjoyed the narrative at all times, were the reactions of the characters quite genuine. Drawings and animations are of good quality, I hope will not drop in the future. Characters that already show a certain characterization, I appreciate it.

Apr 2, 2016 8:14 AM
Anyone else think that bus song was symbolism? I get a chill just thinking about it.

Apr 2, 2016 8:19 AM
Really liked the first episode and looking forward to the rest. 30 character in 12 episodes huh, yeah many of them are going to die for sure. This was also rated R so hopefully it will be quite dark :3
Favorite character so far is Jack, such a badass xD

Apr 2, 2016 8:31 AM

mayoiga in a nutshell

Apr 2, 2016 8:31 AM

So, they are going to Hinamizawa and going to get killed horribly. Seems good.
I'm going to watch because it totally got my attention. But, dude, too many characters WTF.

Mascera said:
It really is a brain game, starting with remembering all the passenger's name just by watching it once. can you?

Now, this is a nice game!

Apr 2, 2016 8:35 AM

What a tease, plot didn't even start. Looks like it will gonna be slow burn show.
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~

Apr 2, 2016 8:41 AM

This looks mysterious af.

Apr 2, 2016 8:53 AM

damn that's alot of characters and this looks promising

Apr 2, 2016 8:55 AM

I'm getting mixed vibes of this show that makes me go both 'what the actual fuck' and 'this shit is gonna be genius'. I've for some reason taking a liking to Jack, Hayato and Lion, though I hope I don't get too attached since death seems inevitable.

Interesting, more than likely to continue this series.

Apr 2, 2016 8:59 AM

I'm not sure how I should feel about this. It's definitely interesting, but something is ticking me off. Maybe the dialogues?
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY

Apr 2, 2016 9:00 AM

lezerman said:
The Okada hate is strong, and we are on the first episode.

MAL never changes

Apr 2, 2016 9:07 AM

They found a hidden website and now are going to the "promised land"... I already love Jack lol. There are A LOT of characters, I'm worried about their development... although I like the art style very much. I wonder what Nanakimura is for real. Pretty good opening! I think that some of them are really too young to have this kind of thoughts like "I want to restart my life from zero"... Aaand the driver said the exact same thing, lol. SHE PUKED ON HIM, PFF. So the girls informed them about Nanakimura... she must know something. Stupid cliffhangers.

Apr 2, 2016 9:08 AM

that's a LOT of characters..

judging an anime based only 1 episode seems unfair. I'll be waiting for next episodes

Apr 2, 2016 9:11 AM

I like the characters and the art it's quite nice.

I am worried about it being 12 episode though, having it be 2 cour seems to be a much better choice to flesh out all 30 characters and the mystery of the village which seems really hard to do with only 1 cour.

So let's find out whether this will be a intriguing mystery with good characters or a rushed bad mystery with bad characters with little to no characterization and personality!

Apr 2, 2016 9:15 AM

Has the potential to suck really bad, but hey, I'll stick with it to see what happens. Damn, that was a boring first episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 2, 2016 9:35 AM

I like the premise, but judging by the team responsible for this, it's gonna be a trainwreck.

Apr 2, 2016 9:47 AM

There's a lot of characters alright. I thought the episode was interested.

Apr 2, 2016 9:52 AM

Am i the only one thinking that there might not be any village at all and the anime will be only a bus ride ?
It's just one of the hypothesis i have for this anime :P

Apr 2, 2016 9:58 AM
Do Your Rubesty✨

This was so much better than I had expected, the art was really nice and the atmosphere was fantastic. It was hard to see from just the key visuals and synopsis exactly how this series would play out but I'm really excited for this series. It's unfortunate that it's only 12 episodes long, with that many characters it'd be nice if it was a 2-cour series.

Apr 2, 2016 10:05 AM

Too many characters, but that yelling guy was the most interesting IMO.
Cant wait til they start to die off one by one, hopefully :D

Apr 2, 2016 10:17 AM
~The Survivor

Lol This screenshot says it all, welcome to other twisted dystopia e.e

http://i.imgur.com/W5lQXbS.jpg

Apr 2, 2016 10:20 AM

Definitely grabbed my interest with this introduction. Seems to have quite a colorful cast of characters. I wasn't expecting the main cover characters (Masaki and Mitsumune) to seem like some of the most interesting to me, since my first impression of Mitsumune for like 5 seconds was him being a kinda generic and friendly copy&paste MC, but apparently his mind is fucked and he puts on that mentality to try and deal with it. Seems Lion already sees there's something wrong with him, and that conversation he had with her had him say some pretty cold things without even acknowledging it. Masaki's just a riot, lol. Totally interested to see how their lunatic pairing works out.

Anyway, the first episode already has me hooked so far. A lot of dark undertones going on here, and there's a lot of characters I want to see explored more. Especially the MC. Hopefully this show keeps my interest and doesn't fall apart later.
Modified by Evildoer, Apr 2, 2016 10:23 AM

Apr 2, 2016 10:35 AM

My favourite so far are Hayato, Jack and Lion.
I tried to be normal once. Worst two minutes of my life. ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`▭´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Apr 2, 2016 10:52 AM

I like the main character, he's obviously quite psychotic. It'll be fun if he ends up eating people or something.
Anime and video game lover. Exotic pet enthusiast, and also an apprentice falconer.

Apr 2, 2016 11:15 AM

Really good start! Waiting for more.
Dub = fake crap. Always.

Apr 2, 2016 11:15 AM

yes, thank you for breezing though a shitton of character intros of people with shitty aliases that I definitely wont invest time in remembering. oh yes, and the forced-narration exposition explanation, gj gj.

Apr 2, 2016 11:32 AM

I definitely found this thrilling. The premise is interesting and yes there are too many characters to flesh out in 12 episodes but that will be an issue for later. The morbid stuff could have been less forced on the viewer though. I thought the puking scene crossed the line.

There are definitely signs of a trainwreck in this, but I enjoyed Another as well. Time will tell.

I'm just waiting for the final twist where everyone has committed suicide already, or where the main character will escape but due to the death letters the incident will be regarded as a group suicide (really the only reason why I think they'd include them).
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Apr 2, 2016 11:33 AM

Oh geez, this is gonna be rough. Sooooo many characters, nothing happened in the first episode (really, why did the show here?), and it's only twelve episodes. :/
I don't exist. But, maybe, I once did.
Twitter \\ Reviews // YouTube

Apr 2, 2016 11:48 AM

Dunno about this

But too many characters to begin with

Apr 2, 2016 11:53 AM

This just being an introductory episode did not have much to rate the series good or bad. will wait and see where this goes.
Modified by Hijazi, May 15, 2016 5:57 AM

Apr 2, 2016 11:58 AM

Good first episode, lots of characters thrown at us. Really liking the atmosphere and the whole setting of the story. It's really interesting so far, and looking forward to see how it will all play out.

Apr 2, 2016 12:03 PM

What an awesome epsiode to begin the new season with!
The large cast of characters is really an interesting choice and I hope that it plays out well. Some of them got just some seconds of exposition and if the story decides to deliver in the next episode, I'm afraid that'll be it. As far as the atmosphere goes, I'm totally sold on it. The vibe goes from super friendly to mysteriously murederous in a matter of breaths. The actual plot wasn't obviously the goal of that episode, although I really wanted to learn how will things progress so I can give my opinion if the large and "tough to remember the names" cast was the way to go. Nothing special from animation and music side for now.
Overall I enjoyed the episode, though I woldn't like to get my hopes up. This gets 4/5 from me!

Apr 2, 2016 12:05 PM

Seems a bit unfair to judge a show when the plot hasn't really started yet. After all, this episode was basically just introducing us to and trying to familiarise us with the 30 odd characters in this show. Other than that, I can't say for sure where this show is going or what it is trying to do. Whatever happens, this village where you can start afresh away from the constraints of society seems way too good to be true.

Also, what was with those two songs? They were both creepy as hell and, in the case of that hippo song, downright bizarre as well. The OP and ED are good though.

Apr 2, 2016 12:25 PM

I was extremely bored at the beginning but gladly things got better quickly. Those were some creepy songs and there was a lot of foreshadowing. This is probably going to be my 'Is it next week yet?' anime because I want to find out what happens next.

Apr 2, 2016 12:33 PM

A serial from a phenomenon author. The genre is mystery, and the graphic quality I guess similar to Another. Although it is not too intense, but I guess enough to deliver the story to the air of mystery.

But the Nanaki village in this series reminds me to mystery of Inunaki village. A mysterious village that is completely isolated from the other villages and country itself, where the entrance to the village is a tunnel which was closed by panel that says, “The laws constitution of japan doesn’t exist here." The village is far from modern. No electronic items. Incest and murder are very common there.

Btw the karaoke and ending song was nice.
Modified by boledcool, Apr 2, 2016 12:44 PM

Apr 2, 2016 12:45 PM
Interesting first episode, the pacing was kind of fast but it was still intriguing. I think what I'm really looking forward to is that this can go in so many directions, I have no idea what to expect.

Apr 2, 2016 12:56 PM
Acid flashback

What a unlikeable bunch of characters. I'll feel no sympathy to them when they bite the bullet (which I think many of them will do.)
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 2, 2016 1:27 PM
I like the fact of existing many characters.i think the plot will be good but will get creepy and they will get some problems between them or with the people in the village if anyone lives there...(bad english sorry #portuguese)

Apr 2, 2016 1:36 PM

Kind of a weak pilot episode in my opinion. I wasn't sure what to expect from the anime before watching ep 1, and after watching ep 1 I'm even less sure. I'm still intrigued though.

Apr 2, 2016 1:36 PM
Everyone is singing songs about death while going to an unknown place that no one knows about and everyone is cool with it... talk about retarded.

They better kill off half of them next week cause 30 characters at once is just too much. Especially for 12 episodes.

And the bus driver tried to murder them and yet they apologies for spewing on him, really?

So fa non of these characters logic makes any sense.

Apr 2, 2016 2:17 PM

kind of weird, but it looks a bit interesting...
So far I kind of hate all the characters.
Bus driver was right on some the things he said, but them he got retarded as well....

Apr 2, 2016 2:49 PM

bunch of wierdo's on a bus going to a weird village, what could possibly go wrong? Hope the rap guy die's first followed by the angry dude. This could end up being decent or a total car crash, lets see.....

Apr 2, 2016 3:03 PM

Hee this wasn't as bad as I thought it would be based on the low rating right from the 1st ep and the comments.
At last it's much better than Divine Gate from last ep.
I liked the beat of the song they were singing in the bus xD
Anyway need to watch more ep to know... not sure how to feel about it yet

Apr 2, 2016 3:07 PM

Ofc all sorts of psychos.
I imagined people who would be up for this form of escapism would be real freaks like hedonists, hippies (ah that song was awesome!), nonconformists, idealists...

The unlucky hip-po-po-taAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-mus!!! Monday was the big day of announcement. I wonder If we already got the whole storyline presented with this marvellous, haunting song.

I love Mitsumune.

Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »