Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 13 Discussion

Mar 30, 2016 11:06 AM

GoldenDevilGamer said:
Meh, too bad they didn't don the plot twist. It would have been better if they rushed through volume 1 and quickly get to volume 2 :/
At least the last couple of episodes were alright :D

5-6/10

No plot twist because they probably don't want to deal with the LN anymore and saw this a cash grab?

Mar 30, 2016 11:09 AM

welp finally over. The show never really started anyway.

Not sure if it is 4 or a 5/10. Animation was a plus but that was all.

Mar 30, 2016 11:11 AM
I really liked this series, nice and relaxing.

That fight scene was really cool, loved it.

lol at the end Haruhiko got his own harem with the water girls and Mai got jealous.

8/10

Mar 30, 2016 11:11 AM

Does the novel actually have a plot? By looking at this whole series it just seems like all random

Mar 30, 2016 11:16 AM

trabeus1 said:
Does the novel actually have a plot? By looking at this whole series it just seems like all random

You'd be surprised once you read it, its like the anime removed the plot and made this into their anime original with only copying the designs from the LN lol

anywys solid 8/10 for me, the animation got me hooked up.

Mar 30, 2016 11:17 AM

Wish there would be a season 2, after hearing so many others talk about how epic volume 2 is...
If Kyoani doesn't use the first season as buildup for season 2 then I don't understand why they think this first season would give them outstanding sales. Unless all they wanted was to boost the light novel's sales.
(*゚∀゚)ノ

Mar 30, 2016 11:18 AM

This series could have been somewhat decent if the whole anime was like these last 2 episodes. That's unfortunate, especially since the premise was kind of interesting. Well I didn't like anything about this anime except for the pretty animation (this episode was a good example) and the catchy OP. Because of these 2 things, I'll be a little fair and give this a 4/10 instead of a 3.
"MAPPA is saving anime. I have spoken."

-Hayao Miyazaki, 2020 (source: dude trust me lol)

Mar 30, 2016 11:18 AM

The anime got better and better in the late second half!
If they introduced these enchanted phantoms in the 4th/5th episode the series would have been awesome.

8-9/10

Now I want to read the LN

Mar 30, 2016 11:19 AM

I enjoyed this. I loved the characters and this finale had a pretty nice closure. I wanted more Haruhiko x Mai but it was nice overall.

Mar 30, 2016 11:20 AM

SansrivaaL said:
trabeus1 said:

You'd be surprised once you read it, its like the anime removed the plot and made this into their anime original with only copying the designs from the LN lol

When they were animating the anime there was just the 1st volume of the LN out so they had to fill the anime with original content.

Mar 30, 2016 11:21 AM

IceBreakerZ said:
Wish there would be a season 2, after hearing so many others talk about how epic volume 2 is...
If Kyoani doesn't use the first season as buildup for season 2 then I don't understand why they think this first season would give them outstanding sales. Unless all they wanted was to boost the light novel's sales.

Which is pretty delusional from them actually. There was NOTHING in the last episode that would indicate something big happening. This can't even be considered a ''read the light novel''-ending. I'm quite baffled why Kyoto Animation did this series really.

Mar 30, 2016 11:22 AM
Trickster

Great final episode. I don't really see Ruru as his "sister" though. I'm so jealous he kissed Ruru though! But good job regardless Haruhiko!

The final battle was cool, especially when his two summons were actually badass.

Enigma was kind of bae though with that body.

So in the end, this was an enjoyable series that always gave me a smile. The comedy was good, the art and animation were of course top notch, characters were fun and interesting, and I think this was a nice change of pace for KyoAni.

I don't really get why people hated the episodic thing. It wasn't bad, and episodic ≠ bad. Never has, never will. I'm not really sure what people expected as that was clearly the bases of the show to begin with.

The other problem I had were people bitching about fanservice. This is fucking anime, if you don't like fanservice, I suggest you just delete your MAL account and never come back. Bitching about fanservice in anime is like bitching your hamburger came on a bun. But I suppose I shouldn't expect anything less from MAL.

Phantom World was a really fun show and I'd like to see more, 8/10.

I'll miss you Ruru!

Mar 30, 2016 11:27 AM

nice pokemon battle at the end

Mar 30, 2016 11:35 AM

Smudy said:
IceBreakerZ said:

Which is pretty delusional from them actually. There was NOTHING in the last episode that would indicate something big happening. This can't even be considered a ''read the light novel''-ending. I'm quite baffled why Kyoto Animation did this series really.

Now that you've pointed it out, yeah! The only reason I felt the "read the light novel" was through you guys. If I didn't check the forums, I would have never known. They even indicated a "Fin" at the end of the episode.
(*゚∀゚)ノ

Mar 30, 2016 11:41 AM

Nice ending... Haruhikyshined for the first time

Mar 30, 2016 11:43 AM

Overall it wasn't a bad episode but there was that entire buildup for that damn remote in an early episode and then it was solved in 30 seconds.

And I liked Enigma overall, they way they just said that she wanted to take over the world felt a whole lot like Kyo-ani went "Oh shit, we need a reason for her to be doing all of this" and they didn't have time to think of a better reason than world domination
Get your shit straight Brenda

Mar 30, 2016 11:45 AM

Walowizard said:
Overall it wasn't a bad episode but there was that entire buildup for that damn remote in an early episode and then it was solved in 30 seconds.

I didn't know that 18 minutes were 30 seconds.

Mar 30, 2016 11:46 AM

Fuck this show for only being decent in the last 2 episodes. You wait for the last 2 episodes to show us what this anime could of been, well fuck you then.

I did get a genuine laugh when Haruhiko kissed Ruru since he nearly swallowed her head.

Can I have Hyouka season 2 now and another season of Haruhi please?
Modified by DragoonDeus, Mar 30, 2016 11:51 AM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/

Mar 30, 2016 11:49 AM

We got Ruru kiss but not Mai. Like, I was hoping Haruhiko steals Mai's power. What the fuck?

IceBreakerZ said:
Cirris said:

Which it turns out Ruru is like a sister. So yeah, he smooched his sister.

So Haruhiko kinda kissed his mom earlier and now his sister...
Wow....

Incest all over on KyoAni.

Mar 30, 2016 11:49 AM

This final arc could have been spread over 3-4 episodes as it was pretty decent. Its a shame this anime went down the toilet midway through. The talking bear episode and phantom Monkey episode were an absolute low point.

The animation was top notch but it just didn't have enough of a story to go with it. Not a bad series but should have been much better

6/10

Mar 30, 2016 11:53 AM

Xenocrisi said:
Walowizard said:

I didn't know that 18 minutes were 30 seconds.

I was more on about how he spent almost every episode fixing the remote and then Albrecht (Best character by far) just turned up and fixed it within seconds and then even hacked the computer.
Get your shit straight Brenda

Mar 30, 2016 11:56 AM

VanishingKira said:

Haruhiko x Ruru kiss

He could've eaten her head, lol.

Enigma is sexy af.

Where can I get and Albrecht? I want one. >.>

9/10
The sun is a deadly laser

Mar 30, 2016 11:57 AM

Now that I think about, this is the 1st anime Kyoto animation has shown with a kiss scene!

Mar 30, 2016 11:58 AM

That episode was so damn terrible. It probably had enough ass pulls in its 20 minutes runtime to fill up an entire season of sword art online. I'd already dropped the score from a 4 to a 3 before it tried to force feed me some feels by expecting me to care about the death of some random ass villain and having to shitty crying scene at the end.
I've never really cared about the show, I watched it for the random mildly entertaining bullshit that it was, and here it comes smacking me right in the face with that flashy tryhard piece of garbage. God damn.

Mar 30, 2016 12:02 PM

First of all, makes me glad that Ruru was unhurt. Albretch was repairing the mouse .. funny.
The merger between Ruru and Haruhiko was very good and especially the new summon the Great Cthulhu and Marchosias.
Enjoy beautiful series until the end.
Final Score 8.2 / 10
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Mar 30, 2016 12:04 PM

I was never going to like this finale unless we got the twist that happens for volume 2 of the LN, but we didn't. Makes the whole series feel pretty pointless then, even if it did start to improve in the previous few episodes. After all, the stuff that happens in volume 2 onwards wil probably never get animated.

Oh well, I've seen far worse than this, even if it was appallingly bad when at its worst. 7/10

Mar 30, 2016 12:05 PM

Nice ending . You know what ? I enjoyed this anime. It had no clear plot , but who cares ? Some anime can be enjoyable without a plot. It was relaxing to watch . Plus Mai-senpai is best girl this season imo along with mary from grimgar , I'll miss them both . And those upgraded phantoms of haruhiko are op . That moment with his mother was touching , glad to see that she also wanted to see him . A bit disappointed they didn't adapt volume 2 this season , would have been a huge twist. But it's okay ... The 2nd half of was better than the first overall . Also finally glad to see that device had some use lol . I'll give 7/10 .

Mar 30, 2016 12:08 PM

Some truth to the world. Biggest disappointment this season.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?

Mar 30, 2016 12:35 PM

The animation in this series is beautiful going from the girls' design to the fights that we get every now and then. KyoAni studio deserves credit for the animation and with the catchy opening..
However, this anime only covered Volume 1 and everyone who has read the LN likes this volume the least. Plus, some things were changed and in the LN, you felt like you were being deceived by the settings (At least, that is what I felt)
Anyways, you all will like Volume 2 and Volume 3 which is in so many ways better than Volume 1..
My Final Score is 7.75 (Round to 8) out of 10... Mai is best waifu!!

P.S: We should protest for a Season 2 where the awesome parts begin (HINT:ANTI-HERO)

Mar 30, 2016 12:40 PM

This final was good. But as for this show overall.... Honestly, a big disappointment. Only like the first two episodes and the last two or three episodes were decent, especially the latter. But as for the other episodes - those were pretty bad. Such a shame, as these final couple of episodes were pretty enjoyable and got interesting. In my opinion, (one of) KyoAni's worst show. 6/10 because of the final couple of episodes.

Mar 30, 2016 12:41 PM
Bunnies 🍓

So overall Haruhiko got to kiss 2 people in the show, Ruru and Enigma(while possessing Haruhiko's mother and Mai no teaser.

Them beam animations were pretty good.

Mai and Reina were rather likable in my opinion. And in the end we got no answer as to why Mai couldn't use her power back in that episode where Mai got attacked by a sand monster.

6/10 show was decent, had its moments but ultimately the plot took a long time to develop.

Mar 30, 2016 12:52 PM

I wish the show was more like the last few episodes. The animation during the last fight was great!
-What do you mean life doesn't work like my Chinese cartoons!?

Mar 30, 2016 12:53 PM

The writings in last episode are so bad. That teddy bear fixing stuff, Haruhiko's sudden unlock power and enigma such a lacklustre, i don't even know where to start commenting lol. Anyways, 5/10 or 6/10.

Mar 30, 2016 12:56 PM
the last 3 ep were good

Mar 30, 2016 12:57 PM

really disappointed this could have been a really good series if kyoto ani didn't fuk up and adapted the LN like it should have been instead of going anime original. oh well what we got wasn't bad i guess.

that ruru kiss was not something i expected tbh i figured it'd be from mai but it was definitely the highlight of this episode. might be an unpopular opinion but i would actually want a season 2 of this, just so there is the chance they animate volume 2, this really wasn't a bad series it just could have been sooooooooo much better.

Mar 30, 2016 1:16 PM
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Meh, too bad they didn't don the plot twist. It would have been better if they rushed through volume 1 and quickly get to volume 2 :/

5-6/10
Where have you read the Light Novel?

Mar 30, 2016 1:18 PM

I liked the show overall, I guess you could call it my guilty pleasure this season.

After hearing every LN reader talking about "sh%t getting real" and plot twists in the second volume I was expecting some kind of twist at the end (this is after all a commercial for the LN) but I guess it wasnt meant to be.

Mar 30, 2016 1:25 PM
The only reason this show didn't give me cancer was Mai.
2/10

Mar 30, 2016 1:28 PM
SHSL Good Luck

dappysaliu said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

5-6/10
Where have you read the Light Novel?
I haven't read it, I only know summaries about it. I'm still waiting for translations :(

Mar 30, 2016 1:31 PM

I am so biased as I am gonna give this a 6/10 just because of KyoAni (my lowest rating so far). The finale makes it almost certain that it won't continue with the original content which is supposed to get really dark in the sequel volume.

The biggest disappointment of the season. But I will watch the beach OVA. Wanna see more of Mai-oneesama.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.

Mar 30, 2016 1:58 PM

This episode is filler too?

Mar 30, 2016 2:12 PM

FUCK YEAH IT'S OVER

1/10
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Salman bin Abdul Aziz said:
@Comic_Sans I hate to insult you on forums but you are just a troll so just go kill yourself already bitch

Mar 30, 2016 2:13 PM

It managed to redeem itself a bit at the end, but it's still trash.

4/10

Mar 30, 2016 2:17 PM
fanservice<3

at least theres the OVA so i don't have to cry over this show possibly being gone forever

still..... gonna miss it..... ;___;

thank you Kyoani for my new waifu <3333333

all the haters can gtfo

Mar 30, 2016 2:19 PM

a good finale overall. tbh i expected either this will be a serious anime or SoL anime, and put a lot of hope in the serious one, but i still wouldn't mind if it is SoL anime. and yea...they put SoL or you can say they put a filler instead the main story/plot. Dissapoint me a little bit. just a little bit, but overall i enjoy the show. YES! i agree with the fact that KyoAni made this anime into a filler intead of the original story is really a bad thing and probably the worst thing i have ever seen from KyoAni but on the other side, on the anime side, if i forget about the LN, i enjoyed the show overall. really enjoyable and fun show to me. The animation obviously great as usual from KyoAni. The SoL stuff is really enjoyable and fun to me. Relaxing show tbh, But just if we do not forget about the source material and combine it or compare it with the adaptation, obviously, the adaptation is bad.

well i think KyoAni intention is to advertise the LN but they did it in the wrong way. they probably though, "Let's just advertise this LN with putting SoL/filler on the whole series. i bet people will like it" and this is the result. so basically, SoL was really great in my opinion but from the way how they hadle it from the source material is really bad.

i think i need to check the genre first before watch the show. just look at the genre ; Genres: Action, Comedy, Fantasy, Supernatural. why i was expecting a serious story where there is a comedy inside of it tho....

from overall i give it 9/10. i'm not gonna lie to myself. i really enjoy this series and i'm not gonna rate it from how they handle this show. well, i never do that while give a rating to everyanime anime that i watched.

rather than a second season or an OVA, i want a remake if they have enough budget. or let other studio make it again based from the source material.
Modified by YizelTro, Mar 30, 2016 2:35 PM

Mar 30, 2016 2:28 PM

... this last episode wasn't quite what I'd expect after that ep 12.

Meh. Only thing good about this show was the animation and I took a liking to Haruhiko, Reina and Mayonnees-sama.

Kyoukai no Kanata was better ;__;

6/10.

Mar 30, 2016 2:35 PM

Well. I liked the characters and graphics. Music was quite good too. The episodic plot didn't really bother me. It wasn't the best, it wasn't the worst. I won't watch it again, though. That's for sure.
Overall score 7/10. Just because I'm a sucker for KyoAni's art style.
I like pancakes.

Mar 30, 2016 2:42 PM

...How did those TITS not pop out ?

Mar 30, 2016 2:43 PM

Tyrel said:
3/10. Glad this trainwreck is over. Think I only stuck through it because it was KyoAnimation. Never again.

Wait, you didn't enjoy that scene? And what about that scene where you know... ?

But yeah, with this anime, I will no longer watch another Kyoani show that's adapted from a LN. They should go back to VN adaptions.
For me all anime is anime original. I dont read manga, light novels, visual novels, etc.

Always make sure to watch anime in marathon mode and not one episode per week mode, because its the only way for you to tell if an anime is enjoyable or not. Countless times Ive seen anime weekly and enjoyed them but when I watch them marathon, I didnt like them anymore. And many times Ive seen anime that I saw weekly and hated it, but when I watched it marathon, I enjoyed it. Marathon is the way to go, specially if you plan to add an anime to your favorite list.

Mar 30, 2016 2:45 PM

ooo333 said:
Tyrel said:
3/10. Glad this trainwreck is over. Think I only stuck through it because it was KyoAnimation. Never again.

Wait, you didn't enjoy that scene? And what about that scene where you know... ?
What scene exactly?

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »