Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Gintama° Episode 51 Discussion

Mar 30, 2016 11:16 AM
Great ending and season overall. I am looking forward to the next and what seems the last season of Gintama.

Mar 30, 2016 11:18 AM

Farewell Gintama it's been nice until we meet again!

Mar 30, 2016 11:23 AM

Hello Gintama withdrawal, here we meet again.

Mar 30, 2016 11:34 AM

Beautiful episode, best Gintama season. That ending with all the Shinsengumi moments... </3
And that Joui 4 image at the end! Can't wait for the next season already...

Mar 30, 2016 11:43 AM
Now I feel a void in my life
Farewell Shinsengumi
See you soon Gintama
Modified by shion16, Mar 30, 2016 12:02 PM

Mar 30, 2016 11:52 AM

As expected. the last ep was very well done, a nice finish up for this season. I was kinda hoping though that the Yorozuya could had showed up in the end or something and maybe apologizing to the viewers that they were ending the series again or that they skipped a lots of comedy arcs lol
Well having that short preview for a new season is better than nothing I guess.

Now I"m just going to have a short rewiew for this years Gintama season

Well then, I am know just going to have a short rewiew of this Gintama”s season in which had a lots of good things going to it but some small bad things as well unfortunately. Firstly, it seemed that this time the anime was produced by some different studio or well it was some B-studio that was connected to Sunrise in some way but that doesn”t really matter. What matters was the animation that was a bit different from last time. The characters faces were drawn the same as they had almost been fortunately but the animation this time looked quite a lot more bright and some extra details were added to the world and the characters of it. This looked quite nice at some times but some other times it looked quite sloppy escpieclly in the serious arcs. In that regard, while this new animation is good I would had preferred the old style a bit more.

Next, about the actual anime, the start of season was hilarious as they characters broke the fourth wall once more and apologize for once again returning on screen, Shortly after the series started right where it left out two years ago it went out air and it felt like we all had return to same old days of the show. This dream continue through like until the34 episode when the it was suddenly relewd that the show was going to do the SA arc while the series still had a lots of comedy arcs that haven”t been animated in which could had filled an entire cours or so. This of course like most other manga readers of the series came like a huge shock to me and of course I had a lots of mixed feelings about it at first. Thoughs like why did they decided to something like that? Was it because of budget? Greed? Or something complete different? This is just a stupid theory of mine but maybe the reason that they industry decided to return the anime in the first place after had announced that the movie was going to be its ending was just because of the SA arc and the direction that the manga was going at time. Maybe since it looked like that the manga was now going to go into a actual conclusion maybe it was that that they actually were interested most in animate rather than all the comedy chapters before it?

Who Knows, I don”t know the situation behind the studio and their circumstances, but what I do know is that even though they skipped some material they were never unfateful to the actual content that they took out from the manga. Every ep was very well done most at the time and unlike the first 200-ep Gintama season they didn”t use fillers nor unnecessary edits in the eps. They even got more creative with the series and used themes and effects in the eps that made it more fun to watch rather than just read it, like the logos that they used for the serious arcs or the kuroko parody pause seguence lol despise some bad decision the studio did put love into their works and they knew how it series style and themed worked.

However when it came to the most important parts that was of course the grand SA and FS Arcs they did do some small mistakes their. To put it shortly, the SA arc had a good pace and the perfect amount of ep for it, but the animation in it was sometime sloppy and it by that point that I kind of figured that the studio had their money problems and were maybe forced to end the series earlier. Next when it came to the FS Arc in which was also my favourite arc from the manga things became a little negative as well. While the animation in this arc was quite good or amazing at most times the pacing was not the same good. For example In like the 6 ep of the arc, the pacing was way too rushed and they skipped some dialogues that were quite interesting listen to in the manga. Its not like I am total perfection of things but I just think that they could had done it all great and all if they haven”t decided to put in that small one shot chapter ep right in the middle of the arc, does taking up some space that could had been used for the actual arc. But either way , the remaining eps right after that however was surprisingly amazingly well done just like the ep from the start. Overall, despise its small issues, I am quite satisfied for how the adapted the arc in the end.

Overall, As I have given all the previous seaons of the series a 10/10 I"m thinking of being a little more hard this time and rank this season down to 9/10. Don"t missjudge me, I still loved this season as well, it just got some small issues that made them go a little further away from its usual perfection.
How I love a game

Mar 30, 2016 12:11 PM

I was always a big fan of gintama but because of the two last arcs I started buying the manga volumes, and god is it as good as I remembered. Can't wait for the next season and I am really curious on how they are going to end it and what ships will happen. (I think taeXkonda, tsukiXgin, kaguraXshougo).

Mar 30, 2016 12:35 PM

LOVED this season so much. It was the most impactful and strongest season ever of Gintama. I can't wait for Shinsengumi's return!

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou

Mar 30, 2016 12:52 PM

And so, the wait begins (yet again).

Mar 30, 2016 1:07 PM
Zack312 said:
As expected. the last ep was very well done, a nice finish up for this season. I was kinda hoping though that the Yorozuya could had showed up in the end or something and maybe apologizing to the viewers that they were ending the series again or that they skipped a lots of comedy arcs lol
Well having that short preview for a new season is better than nothing I guess.

Now I"m just going to have a short rewiew for this years Gintama season

Well then, I am know just going to have a short rewiew of this Gintama”s season in which had a lots of good things going to it but some small bad things as well unfortunately. Firstly, it seemed that this time the anime was produced by some different studio or well it was some B-studio that was connected to Sunrise in some way but that doesn”t really matter. What matters was the animation that was a bit different from last time. The characters faces were drawn the same as they had almost been fortunately but the animation this time looked quite a lot more bright and some extra details were added to the world and the characters of it. This looked quite nice at some times but some other times it looked quite sloppy escpieclly in the serious arcs. In that regard, while this new animation is good I would had preferred the old style a bit more.

Next, about the actual anime, the start of season was hilarious as they characters broke the fourth wall once more and apologize for once again returning on screen, Shortly after the series started right where it left out two years ago it went out air and it felt like we all had return to same old days of the show. This dream continue through like until the34 episode when the it was suddenly relewd that the show was going to do the SA arc while the series still had a lots of comedy arcs that haven”t been animated in which could had filled an entire cours or so. This of course like most other manga readers of the series came like a huge shock to me and of course I had a lots of mixed feelings about it at first. Thoughs like why did they decided to something like that? Was it because of budget? Greed? Or something complete different? This is just a stupid theory of mine but maybe the reason that they industry decided to return the anime in the first place after had announced that the movie was going to be its ending was just because of the SA arc and the direction that the manga was going at time. Maybe since it looked like that the manga was now going to go into a actual conclusion maybe it was that that they actually were interested most in animate rather than all the comedy chapters before it?

Who Knows, I don”t know the situation behind the studio and their circumstances, but what I do know is that even though they skipped some material they were never unfateful to the actual content that they took out from the manga. Every ep was very well done most at the time and unlike the first 200-ep Gintama season they didn”t use fillers nor unnecessary edits in the eps. They even got more creative with the series and used themes and effects in the eps that made it more fun to watch rather than just read it, like the logos that they used for the serious arcs or the kuroko parody pause seguence lol despise some bad decision the studio did put love into their works and they knew how it series style and themed worked.

However when it came to the most important parts that was of course the grand SA and FS Arcs they did do some small mistakes their. To put it shortly, the SA arc had a good pace and the perfect amount of ep for it, but the animation in it was sometime sloppy and it by that point that I kind of figured that the studio had their money problems and were maybe forced to end the series earlier. Next when it came to the FS Arc in which was also my favourite arc from the manga things became a little negative as well. While the animation in this arc was quite good or amazing at most times the pacing was not the same good. For example In like the 6 ep of the arc, the pacing was way too rushed and they skipped some dialogues that were quite interesting listen to in the manga. Its not like I am total perfection of things but I just think that they could had done it all great and all if they haven”t decided to put in that small one shot chapter ep right in the middle of the arc, does taking up some space that could had been used for the actual arc. But either way , the remaining eps right after that however was surprisingly amazingly well done just like the ep from the start. Overall, despise its small issues, I am quite satisfied for how the adapted the arc in the end.

Overall, As I have given all the previous seaons of the series a 10/10 I"m thinking of being a little more hard this time and rank this season down to 9/10. Don"t missjudge me, I still loved this season as well, it just got some small issues that made them go a little further away from its usual perfection.

The FArewell Shinsengumi arc wasnt rushed. Just because more chapters were adapted than previous episode doesnt make it rushed. THere was just less content and more fighting, which go by quick in anime

Mar 30, 2016 1:13 PM

this episode was so nice and heartwarmin that i can't feel sad because it's too fucking epic

Mar 30, 2016 1:16 PM

Way too much shipping.

But also a bunch of classic Gintama - that last line "Our battle has only just begun" was such a great throwback to whatever episode that was. The SougoxKagura "Don't let anyone else kill you" was also so stereotypically shonen, I couldn't even handle it.

Too bad I thought a lot of expressions and faces were a little off this ep, especially the eyes of Hiji, Gin, and Sougo. Threw me out of the anime just like a typo throws me out of a novel.

10/10 for the series, just 4/5 for this ep.

Mar 30, 2016 1:28 PM

10/10 Masterpiece!

Gintama once again shows how amazing it can be. The comedy was great in this series and the action was superb! Now if you excuse me, im just going to sit here in my corner and cry until the next season starts!

Mar 30, 2016 1:40 PM

and the wait comes again
You will soon learn that a heart that choose to exist, even in a life filled with pain, will one day allow us to meet again.
With the world's blessings, we will meet again and again, forever returning to the homeworld we've yet to see.
Many, many times.

Mar 30, 2016 1:50 PM

A powerful finale.

Till we meet again.

Mar 30, 2016 2:08 PM

I miss it already ;_;

Mar 30, 2016 2:15 PM

Beautiful episode, the ending felt so nostalgic with all those flashbacks, Mitsuba...BNP y u do dis to me ...
Next Gintama°° If you know what i mean ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mar 30, 2016 3:02 PM

i miss the series already... time to rewatch with BD version. 10/10 as always.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Mar 30, 2016 3:32 PM
(Gamer)

I'm kinda surprised it's number one, but I'd give it a 10. Its rating will probably go down with time, but I think it's the best set of Gintama episodes so far.

Mar 30, 2016 4:03 PM

The finale feels so good yet so sad that no more Gintama for a long time...

How long is the wait gonna be?

Gintama might not be in masterpiece level but it has a "heart" of everything I love in anime... (samurai theme, aliens, comedy, action, parodies, lovable cast etc...) 10/10

Mar 30, 2016 4:14 PM

Eh, the serious arcs have been lacking ever since forever. Too much supporting cast fucking around with their flashbacks and never a proper climax that would be as satisfying as way back in the Hosen arc. Though at least that's not a problem of Gintama alone, most modern shonen have been doing this. It's not bad, but I can't say I feel Gintama has ever been improving either.

Mar 30, 2016 4:17 PM

Wow clever Gintama' ended with 51 ep and Gintama° did same.. Skyrocket to 1 again as expected :). Anyways great season cried and laugh a lot..

Mar 30, 2016 4:42 PM

small44 said:
People hate serious arc in Gintama with no valid reason and people hate episodic episodes in Katekyo Hitman Reborn with no valid reason.

If you want to criticize serious arc in Gintama,compare it with other serious anime and explain why.

What the hell. I'll do what I please.

There are PLENTY of valid reasons to dislike the Farewell Shinsengumi arc. The pacing was fast, really fast, it's not difficult to argue that it went too rushed. Not an argument I completely agree on, but some manga readers have made it before.

The focus on characters was irregular. Like, when the Mimawarigumi flashback appeared automatically any other character in conflict suddenly disappeared. And I am fine with Sasaki and Nobume finally being given emotional background, and loved the previous episode resulting in Sasaki's death, but in a context where the Shinsengumi, the Yorozuya and Katsura are involved this felt uncalled for and invasive. Kondo was the main catalyst of the arc and even he was put aside for a while. Gintoki's encounters with Oboro and Utsuro became so anecdotal in the story for the relevance they are supposed to have. Kagura and Shinpachi had legitimate reasons to be fighting there that were not explored at all (Shinpachi was a waste of space in this arc; Kagura was too busy with repetitive and out-of-place OkiKagus to fully grow a personal stance on the events). And what about Katsura. Nobody gave a fuck about Katsura anymore xD

I have voiced before my dislike for the Utsuro reveal and I hope to be owned when we know more about it. But so far, it stands as a cheap turn to me. One that the series itself has laughed at, which makes it more annoying.

It doesn't help either that in my opinion the SA arc made things better. The emotional moments were more effective to me. Particularly Takasugi's realization was impressive. But also the closing scene of the arc, with Soyo and ShigeShige, a really disturbing moment that felt quite unique. The action was more visually attractive, better paced and in general better distributed throughout, instead this felt like an accumulation of fronts. There was more interest in the characters, in the form of ambiguities, alliances, deceits, etc.

I also felt a sour aftertaste on this finale because this to me doesn't feel at all like a finale of Gintama, too serious and solemn for its own good. It's weird and kind of counterproductive, finishing a Gintama season in a dead serious way. I guess that's just me, so whatever. The ending credits were a killer because they reminded me of what I like the most about the series, and I felt that all of that was lost. Not just the Shinsengumi antics, but a whole mood that was characteristic of this show. Even in serious arcs. Except these last two where everything has gone big scale and depressing towards a point of no return.
Modified by jal90, Mar 30, 2016 4:45 PM

Mar 30, 2016 5:25 PM

@jal90 I understand where you're coming from that it's ending on a serious note and all but at some point Gintama has to end, right? The author really can't finish the series with a comedy arc especially since the plot been foreshadowed for quite some time. IMO the built up for ending the series has been great, he slowly stepped towards the game changer arc by introducing arcs such as Shinigami and Courtesan of the nation arc. There are only two more arcs left in the franchise so until then I won't complain if we get a satisfied ending.

There has always been this conflict between the serious and the comedy side of Gintama. Satisfying both sides can be a pain sometimes. I appreciate and love them both but for some these people, it must feel quite disappointing especially since they started the series for comedy.
Modified by CG-Silver, Mar 30, 2016 5:29 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 30, 2016 5:45 PM
jal90 said:
small44 said:
People hate serious arc in Gintama with no valid reason and people hate episodic episodes in Katekyo Hitman Reborn with no valid reason.

If you want to criticize serious arc in Gintama,compare it with other serious anime and explain why.

What the hell. I'll do what I please.

There are PLENTY of valid reasons to dislike the Farewell Shinsengumi arc. The pacing was fast, really fast, it's not difficult to argue that it went too rushed. Not an argument I completely agree on, but some manga readers have made it before.

The focus on characters was irregular. Like, when the Mimawarigumi flashback appeared automatically any other character in conflict suddenly disappeared. And I am fine with Sasaki and Nobume finally being given emotional background, and loved the previous episode resulting in Sasaki's death, but in a context where the Shinsengumi, the Yorozuya and Katsura are involved this felt uncalled for and invasive. Kondo was the main catalyst of the arc and even he was put aside for a while. Gintoki's encounters with Oboro and Utsuro became so anecdotal in the story for the relevance they are supposed to have. Kagura and Shinpachi had legitimate reasons to be fighting there that were not explored at all (Shinpachi was a waste of space in this arc; Kagura was too busy with repetitive and out-of-place OkiKagus to fully grow a personal stance on the events). And what about Katsura. Nobody gave a fuck about Katsura anymore xD

I have voiced before my dislike for the Utsuro reveal and I hope to be owned when we know more about it. But so far, it stands as a cheap turn to me. One that the series itself has laughed at, which makes it more annoying.

It doesn't help either that in my opinion the SA arc made things better. The emotional moments were more effective to me. Particularly Takasugi's realization was impressive. But also the closing scene of the arc, with Soyo and ShigeShige, a really disturbing moment that felt quite unique. The action was more visually attractive, better paced and in general better distributed throughout, instead this felt like an accumulation of fronts. There was more interest in the characters, in the form of ambiguities, alliances, deceits, etc.

I also felt a sour aftertaste on this finale because this to me doesn't feel at all like a finale of Gintama, too serious and solemn for its own good. It's weird and kind of counterproductive, finishing a Gintama season in a dead serious way. I guess that's just me, so whatever. The ending credits were a killer because they reminded me of what I like the most about the series, and I felt that all of that was lost. Not just the Shinsengumi antics, but a whole mood that was characteristic of this show. Even in serious arcs. Except these last two where everything has gone big scale and depressing towards a point of no return.

First my comment wasn't addressed to you specifically it's addressed to people who say stop with serious arc I want my comedy without given any arguments.
You said you like Shogun Assassin which is a serious arcs the my comment didn't talked about you.

The fast pacing is what make me like Gintama serious,in other anime after few episodes it's became very boring.The kind of fast pacing I hate is anime like the first saint seiya serie where a new enemy just after the old one got defeated.

About Katsura I totally agree.

For the final it's the final of the anime if it was a manga final I would agree with you.
Utsuro was too strong so it's logical that Gintoki and the rest escaped.If it was another anime they would found a way to defeat the enemy with the power of friendship.

Mar 30, 2016 8:39 PM

What a great year of Gintama and what a fitting and emotional finale!

I give this season a 9/10!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!

Mar 30, 2016 8:56 PM

Looks like it's time to say farewell to Gintama once again.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!

Mar 30, 2016 9:50 PM

RedRoseFring said:
Looks like it's time to say farewell to Gintama once again.

Don't worry they will be back. I sure hope so. (˘ʃƪ˘) (pray to Sunrise. XD)

Anyway great ending to another Gintama saga and that last scene (when the Shinsengumi say goodbye) truly worth of Gintama.

Mar 30, 2016 10:28 PM

OMFG my heart is breaking T____T

AHHHHHHH

Gintama come back T___T

Mar 30, 2016 10:40 PM
SoL Enthusiast

A good end to a solid year of Gintama. I hope they animate the comedy chapters that they skipped. 9/10 season.
:)

Mar 30, 2016 10:52 PM

What a finale, well i really enjoyed this season of gintama. Good thing for kondo, otae finally approved him now lololol...

Dog foods that Gintoki and Hijikata ate were really disgusting though..

~Other than that I choose not to rate gintama because i don't want this site to become my gintama list lol

And about the continuation, there're no reason why gintama anime won't comeback.... Cant wait for anohter extraordinary comedy season...

Mar 30, 2016 10:59 PM

the past two arcs have been amazing, and i'm just glad that they ended on a really high note. the last few scenes were really heart-warming and touching. this is my favourite anime by far c:

Mar 30, 2016 11:01 PM
10/10 Definitely deserves the #1 spot
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie

Mar 30, 2016 11:57 PM

Farewell Shinsengumi. And Farewell Gintama. Until we meet again! 10/10

Mar 31, 2016 2:20 AM

Traitors? lol good joke. You guys are just a bunch of fucking bakas.
What you did doesn't have to be good or bad, you went to the end for the things you want, things that are important.
Ending song as Opening and now I realize this is the last episode ;_;
I love the Ending, one of my most favorite endings ever. (100% because it's a GinTama ED lel)
War in the air.
YOOOOO MATSUDIARAS VOICE!!!!!! LETS ESCAPE!!!
Salute to the man who was nearly naming his daughter manko.
Nice name Nobume-san.
HAHA shitty Nobunobu, he can't do shit, man is too weak.
I see you still got that hole in your mouth LOL Shitushitu you fucking wanker.
It's gonna be a big revolution, and Gintoki is gonna win.
Otae doesn't give a fuck.
AYY Kondo in the garbage like old times!
Goodbyes, more like good riddance to some fucking bakas.
Kiss her though Kondo, I'd like to see a kiss.
Okita X Kagura once again!
Gintoki is gonna stay here, his home is here so he's here.
Kagura is stronger Okita, go home bro.
Those flashbacks of shinsengumi.
"Today it's different" I'll eat those meals too.
"That was awful"
Smiles. They are living their lives beautifully, not fantasizing a beautiful death.
My old GinTama music in the background.
This episode: Smiles. END
Welcome back Shinsengumi END.
Gintama 2015 END.
Don't worry it's never gonna end for me, it's a part of my life.
That sword reflects their lives, amazing flashbacks.
YOO all four of Gintoki's nakamas at the end.
Thank you Hideaki Sorachi and Sunrise.
I'll be waiting for this to come back always.
GinTama 2015 : 15/10.

Mar 31, 2016 4:38 AM

That's it!!! I officially hate march...All my favourite anime have ended in March... Haikyuu!! ,Prince of Stride, Boku dake ga inai machi and now .... now.. EVEN GINTAMA has come to an end.... :(.... This is sad ... too sad...
Idiots in their own idiotic way have their own Idiotic worries!!!!

Mar 31, 2016 6:22 AM

Gin and Hijikata's farewell was my favorite one those laughs really get to me

ending with dat final line though "Our battle has only just begun" lol

Mar 31, 2016 8:13 AM

Yet another amazing season and yet again sad to see it go but they confirmed another season (hopefully with an easier to recognise name xD) so that's a reason to stay alive until it releases probably sometime next year.

Anyway this episode was sad but perfect, It adds in some comedy but not too much that it ruins the seriousness of it all, The Shinsengumi are reluctantly leaving and each of the Main characters from the group spend their last day with one of the Odd jobs doing what they love.

I have no quarrels with this season whatsoever saw someone complaining there wasn't enough comedy but I'm glad they skipped the random comedy arcs since the Shogun and Farewell Shinsengumi Arcs are so tightly connected and happen one after the other. Gintama isn't all about comedy it can be all comedy, all seriousness or a blend of both and the writers know what they're doing. if you've watched this season along with all the others and still don't get that then I have to question how much you've been paying attention.

Mar 31, 2016 8:21 AM

Well, this is the second weakest season for me but it still enjoyable ride overall. Definitely not deserve its rank, but hey I'm a fan so I'm fine with that.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Mar 31, 2016 9:48 AM

Nice farewell to Sasaki Isaburo, with everyone of the ex-police-force paying their respect.
Beautiful food exchange of Gintoki and Hijikata. Never knew food could create so many feels.

Mar 31, 2016 11:25 AM

fucking cancer, i miss the old gintama.

Mar 31, 2016 12:40 PM
that scar though ! i guess will have to re watch gintama till its back again xD

Mar 31, 2016 3:21 PM
so episode 316 is the final one for season 2?

Mar 31, 2016 3:28 PM

CG-Silver said:
@jal90 I understand where you're coming from that it's ending on a serious note and all but at some point Gintama has to end, right? The author really can't finish the series with a comedy arc especially since the plot been foreshadowed for quite some time. IMO the built up for ending the series has been great, he slowly stepped towards the game changer arc by introducing arcs such as Shinigami and Courtesan of the nation arc. There are only two more arcs left in the franchise so until then I won't complain if we get a satisfied ending.

There has always been this conflict between the serious and the comedy side of Gintama. Satisfying both sides can be a pain sometimes. I appreciate and love them both but for some these people, it must feel quite disappointing especially since they started the series for comedy.

That's exactly what happens to me. It's true that there has been a serious background foreshadowed for a long while, but I didn't expect Gintama to indulge in it so much towards the conclusion of the show, specially given that the comedy is far, far more prominent than the drama. I have been so used to the typical trolling and episodic routines that the actual ending will come and I won't feel anything because technically the series can start a new arc, reset its count and go on with the same antics again and again. And it wouldn't matter because it's all fine in the series' inner logic.

small44 said:
First my comment wasn't addressed to you specifically it's addressed to people who say stop with serious arc I want my comedy without given any arguments.
You said you like Shogun Assassin which is a serious arcs the my comment didn't talked about you.

Oh, sorry. Maybe I'm just overreacting due to my disappointment on this arc, and seeing that everybody loved it.

small44 said:
The fast pacing is what make me like Gintama serious,in other anime after few episodes it's became very boring.The kind of fast pacing I hate is anime like the first saint seiya serie where a new enemy just after the old one got defeated.

Kind of... as said I didn't find much of an issue here but some people have mentioned it. I was particularly affected in the Utsuro reveal episode; but then again it was more of a matter of the narration not focusing deeply enough on the matter.

small44 said:
For the final it's the final of the anime if it was a manga final I would agree with you.
Utsuro was too strong so it's logical that Gintoki and the rest escaped.If it was another anime they would found a way to defeat the enemy with the power of friendship.

Come on, that's cheating, eh. First because I don't complain about the decision, I complain about the lack of exposition before and in between. Secondly because I actually think that the arc was oversaturated with short fight sequences, not the contrary xD. And in general because not expecting a fully stereotypical battle shonen outcome is the minimum one should think of this show after seeing it mocking the tropes of the genre for so long.

Mar 31, 2016 5:45 PM
Our Battle Has Only Just Began!!
Quit Working Too Hard, Enjoy Reaching Your Goals

Mar 31, 2016 9:30 PM

time to say goodbye again Gintama you had a great run while personally i felt the earlier episodes weren't as strong as previous seasons though every long running show has it ups and downs and it really picked up in the end ,still my biggest grip was again the animation during the arcs .

9/10 see you next year? most likely

10/10 for Pride Kakumei one of my favorite OPs

Mar 31, 2016 9:51 PM

What I hate about this finale is that after this arc everything is ruined since Shogun's role is exaggerated for a supposed villain

Gintama is over, the first episodes were ok.
I hate the shogun Arc (only plot armor)
Shinsegumis arc was really good
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"

Apr 1, 2016 4:03 AM

simply amazing.. looking forward to the next (and probably last) season!
I'll miss this anime :/

Apr 1, 2016 4:24 AM

Gintama will always be a 10/10 for me. I enjoyed both the hilarity and seriousness of all the episodes.

I can't believe it's over. Please come back before I turn 30.

I'm hoping they adapt into the manga, a timeskip, wherein Kagura has longer hair, Shinpachi looks cooler and so on.

BTW, hello to all the site moderators and happy April fools!
There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards.

Apr 1, 2016 6:42 AM

Loved everything about this episode. Gintoki & Toshi's farewell, Kagura & Sougo's goodbye skirmish, Kondo & Otae's moments; giving their respects to Isaburo. Farewell Shinshengumi, farewell Gintama, FOR NOW. When I got the news that it was ending, a while back, it didn't hit me hard because I could always re-watch it whenever, like I normally do. But after seeing these last 2 episodes, it just dawned on me... One of my favorites shows is ending :((( (& the tears start flowing) (or maybe they'll come back like their usual gags in the past) but if they don't that's okay as well. This show has truly left a mark on me that i'll never ever forget. I LOVE YOU GINTAMA!!!!! 💙💙💙💙💙

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »