Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 26, 2016 5:38 PM
Dec 2014
It was a good movie, Takao & especially Kongou are lovely ladies. Not sure why then went with CGI, iirc the anime wasnt like that, it felt bit choppy & unnatural.

About the ending, Iona came back since Gunzou was suprised to see the pendant there so he atleast didnt put it there so that leaves Iona coming back. Some say Takao but why would he say that to her? Its not like they were seperates never to be seen again right.
Apr 29, 2016 8:30 PM

Aug 2008
ogorhan said:
Not sure why then went with CGI, iirc the anime wasnt like that, it felt bit choppy & unnatural.

The whole series has been cgi from start to finish. ;)
May 4, 2016 7:08 AM

Sep 2013
Epic Movie - Kongo was super classy in her new outfit 10/10
May 4, 2016 2:14 PM

Nov 2011
My god that was amazing.
Cried throughout the entire movie.

UPDATE: as of this post i just had to change my forum pic to Iona.
IheartCCMay 4, 2016 5:59 PM
Hate Keeps me warm
May 7, 2016 4:48 AM

Mar 2015
That waz one of the best movies I ever saw but the ending ruined it knowing that was a filler ending.

Battleships action was what amazed me the most. Hookshot ship, Bladeship, Vertical standing ship, Long canon ship, Huge Bite Ship, Holy shit crazy battles going thru.

So the Arpeggio franchise has ended. Im so sad. If I have time, I would love to read manga for the true finale of this series.

9/10

ED: Animation - 2.8/5, Song - 4.6/5
May 19, 2016 12:08 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
xD Whoa Kongo's appearance made the movie even better. Even though a majority of the characters were basically robots, the movie was heartfelt. Did NANO sing in the movie towards the end? The ending song was very nice too.

Still don't know how The Fog came into existence. o-o Guess I have to read the manga?
May 23, 2016 11:54 AM

Mar 2014
wow that ending though
classic Japanese movie leaving the ending hanging like saying " leave the ending for the audience's imagination or their own ending "

and that Kongo, I used to hate her in the TV series now I love her now with the new hairstyle and sexy dress

If you plan to read the manga better prepare for different version on Arks Performance from the original manga
TV series and this movie almost the same but a lot changes they did
Story wise a lot were changed

anyway if you like to see Yamato more, the manga because she has important role in this and more screen time than this movie
If you dont like fillers or those non sense story in the manga go with TV series and the movie

for me the Movie is enough to close the Story of Iona and Chihaya's Blue Steel

I read the manga for clarifications
May 24, 2016 5:29 PM

Apr 2014
Finally finish this movie...put on hold for such a long time.
Glad that Kongo is back and on Iona side.
That fight/battle was so epic.
And damn those onion slicing ninjas bring their song in too TT^TT IONA-SAMA!
Last, but not least, Kongo and Takao are tie in best girl!
9/10 So epic!
P.S. will this be the ending for the manga as well?
May 31, 2016 12:36 PM

Dec 2013
Wow that was amazing! It was way better than I thought it was gonna be. I wasn't too impressed by the main series but this movie was done pretty well. I like that Kongou made an epic appearance and the way she looks now is awesome.
Jul 4, 2016 4:03 PM

Mar 2012
hlubkoj2020 said:
Finally finish this movie...put on hold for such a long time.
Glad that Kongo is back and on Iona side.
That fight/battle was so epic.
And damn those onion slicing ninjas bring their song in too TT^TT IONA-SAMA!
Last, but not least, Kongo and Takao are tie in best girl!
9/10 So epic!
P.S. will this be the ending for the manga as well?

I don't think so...at least not exactly...cause for one thing...the plot are different...yamato is still alvie and has her own plans in the manga...gunzous father and musahshi have there own agendas.. alsot he admiraltiy code has its own form and is off doing soemthing else...not to mention the characthers are bigger and diverse and lot of them have there own agenda's.

this adaption basically borrowed certain elements from the manga series and adapted it into its own thing...so while there are very basic similiarties ..the two plots are way different so the manga is sure to have a different ending.

this series is not really well known in the west but has huge fanbase in japan...they love there navy there....so maybe down the road we might get a remake with the manga storyline this time..but this one on its own is already very good and managed to end very well even if it is anime orignal.
Jul 21, 2016 3:41 AM

Aug 2013
holyshitttt
this movie so good
this is how CGI anime done right!

9.5/10 from me

the song when Iona disappeared tho ;-;
Jul 21, 2016 11:15 PM

Jun 2013
Oooooh that "Welcome Back" cliffhanger y u do dis aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Kongou oh my god. Holy fuck that is hot.
Entirely great movie, cried twice, Yamato is waifu material, definitely.

Now on to manga.

9/10
Aug 1, 2016 8:57 AM

Jan 2014
MY GOD, WHY ARE WE NOT FUNDING THIS?

this series deserve better adaptation than kantai collection. so much waifu material in this series. If only they adapt every chapter from the manga, I would add it to my favorite anime.

the only reason I'm holding back from reading the manga is because I can't enjoy the colorful battleship like in anime. every battleship has their own unique color, and that's what makes me love this series.
Aug 20, 2016 1:24 PM
Jun 2010
Holy shit, wowow.
Aug 25, 2016 1:54 AM

Nov 2011
Found it a bit boring and uninteresting, far cry from the main series which i really enjoyed.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 28, 2016 7:11 PM

Jan 2015
ahrrr no .. no
I knew it..
but well they could have followed the manga, had so many stories in the middle of it all
Dec 3, 2016 12:08 PM
Sep 2014
Quite good movie. Not as good as the show in my opinion, but worth a watch if you liked the show. And I guess I'll just suck up every bit of Takao i can ^.^

Now if there just were some _decent_ english subs...
Feb 4, 2017 2:24 PM

Apr 2014
It's annoying that Kirishima is still in a lousy teddy bear form.
May 20, 2017 12:06 AM

Jun 2013
KONGOOOOOOOO. God I was waiting for the moment when she would show up again. Did not disappoint. And DAMN does she look elegant.
Jun 27, 2017 7:28 PM
Dec 2016
I hope this series will continue...
Sep 6, 2017 8:31 AM

Dec 2013
minasreacon said:
MinaMiwwa said:

Just my personal speculations, correct me if I'm wrong.

Iona has dual core as Mushashi explained (I-401's core and Yamato's core). Yamato was destroyed lets say Yamato's core was also destroyed but her core wasn't which may be the reason why she can still have her appearance (old mental model I guess???) in the last seconds of the movie.
i think you are right :) i hope so
[quote=minasreacon]
MinaMiwwa said:
lordhappyface said:
i second this, im really curious too

Iona has dual core as Mushashi explained (I-401's core and Yamato's core). Yamato was destroyed lets say Yamato's core was also destroyed but her core wasn't which may be the reason why she can still have her appearance (old mental model I guess???) in the last seconds of the movie.
minasreacon said:
MinaMiwwa said:

i think you are right :) i hope so

I am still waiting for the ultimate truth.
With best wishes...lol
Dec 3, 2017 9:04 AM

Nov 2011
This second film is not a masterpiece, but together with the first one, they start and close with dignity the story started in the TV series. Good graphics, as beautiful and catchy, was the ending. Maybe I'll have to review both films again, to analyze them better.

7/10
Jan 27, 2018 12:18 AM

Nov 2011
The ending Blue Destiny will always have a place in me.
Hate Keeps me warm
Aug 11, 2018 8:53 AM
Oct 2015
10/10 very good story and ed theme song made im crying
Sep 21, 2018 3:58 PM

Mar 2016
SUPER BATTLESHIP YAMATO & MUSASHI?! This movie will be epic!

These new mental models have such similar personalities as the ones from the anime. And damn that cheerful one is beyond Maya. She's annoying af!

If I-401 was in full condition and with all munitions stocked, they can defeat these 2 fogs quite easily, especially because of the new Ars Nova upgrade and Gunzou's battle experience and skill.

So Gunzou's father was actually killed by his crewmate and he has never betrayed humanity and was trying to do what Gunzou is doing now?! The world or at least the Japanese people need to know this!

All this time Iona's orders to find Gunzou and obey him was given by Yamato who was acquainted with Gunzou's father. And in hope of making his dream come true and stop Musashi from wiping out humanity, she gave her core to Iona.

Alright, I know the super battleships is the main flagship that can control fleets of fog. BUT NOT TO THAT EXTENT! Super Battleships can control the admiralty code itself!? That's OP as hell!

Whoa, Iona merged with Yamato, this new combination of Iona and Yamato a super battleship looks cool I don't take Takao's combination into account because they didn't merge each other's cores. Of course, this new form will be much more powerful in terms of firepower, defence, etc... But I think the biggest upgrade is the fact that Iona can control every Fog warships there is!!!

A battle between 2 super battleships... That epic level I expected was definitely reached! Musashi literally got smashed!

If Ionamato (Iona + Yamato) is the only functioning flagship that can control the whole Fog, then she's basically the ruler of the world. And since Gunzou is her captain, Gunzou controls the world!!! Iona, controlling the Fog warships around the world in that new look as a mental model is so spectacular!

What better way to enhance this movie other than putting another amazing English OST near the end, it's not as insanely amazing as 'Silver Sky' but it's nice.

I did not see that coming! Since Iona merged with Yamato, she also disappears along with Musashi! NOOO!!! Iona! Unlike Takao who didn't get her core destroyed after her sacrifice, Iona is GONE!

Wait, what!? After watching the whole movie all the way until the post-credit scene, the badge that Iona was given by Gunzou was lying on a grave. Then he turns and welcomes ??? home. I believe... Iona is somehow alive and she's back!!! IT HAS GOT TO BE HER! Besides, if the manga is still ongoing and Iona is in it, this mysterious person has got to be Iona, even if the movie don't exactly follow the manga Welcome back indeed... Iona

This movie is certainly packed with many informations. I may have never read its manga, but even though this movie is a direct sequel to the recap movie which has the sequel to the anime, I believe just like in the anime, not all of what happened in the movie happened accordingly to the manga. In the end, a good movie is a good movie... Man, I love those marine warfare, the CGI always helped during those action moments!

ShadowkillZSep 21, 2018 5:03 PM
Sep 21, 2018 3:59 PM

Mar 2016
Oh my god did I just wrote a novel or something? That's a loooong comment!
Dec 29, 2018 8:20 AM

Aug 2015
oh boy, pretty good overall

quite the sad end tho ; w ;

was that iona in the after credits tho? xd
Feb 12, 2019 5:24 PM

Jul 2013
(Rewatching 3 years later)
Still one of the most epic final fight I've ever seen, and the Last Refrain moment still breaks my heart. 10/10 is an understatement.
Apr 19, 2019 10:44 PM
Feb 2016
Where did you guys find this movie? I can't seem to find it in high quality online for free.
May 21, 2019 4:45 AM
Jan 2017
the squel is very good ,, we know that iona receive core from yamato and called doll by musashi to wake yamato once again,, iona losing her confident and her will of fight, make her system down into 80%, but after she meet kongou she believe she will not dissappear, and once again wake, then meet musashi in the place of yamato drowned then iona taking the yamato nanao material from deep of see the place of yamato down and got her power then taking over all the ship (cause yamato is the Main ship that controlled the other)
- the fact that musashi very andry to human when shee see Chihaya killed by other human and decided to kill them fro the earth, this mean nano medel have a heart like human and can fell emotion (interesting),, even musashi take Yamato down too, but why she wanted to bring yamato alive just for make her drowned again WTF i confused,,
- and the final fight is great Iona using Wrap hole or whatever it called and came above mushasi and shot the great energy to break the ship apart, very smart strategy, after musashi beated, iona as the main control of all ship give the order to canceling their operation and live free whatever they want to ,,
at lastkongo look very beautifull, and excellent.. Musashi and yamato be together walk up the white stair to heaven ?. and nice Backsound of victory and peace,, hmm its harmony.. and then Iona turn into fragment then say goodbye to gunzou and dissparear.. what a big sacrifice for peace,, and this momenty is very suit with the song song of farewell ..
very satisfiying ending of this series,, peace paid by life, and ending with freedom of both side,,

setting 6
character 7
fight 8
storyline 10
ending 9..

MY Finaly score ; 9/10
May 22, 2019 4:24 AM
Dec 2014
joelec said:
Where did you guys find this movie? I can't seem to find it in high quality online for free.

For older anime private trackers are your best bet. You won't find many seeds for a 5 year old movie unless its super popular like Eva or Gundam. And I don't think this series ever gained much attention outside Japan.
Jul 6, 2019 7:12 AM

Jul 2013
And so it finally ends here. Admittedly, it's not a perfect ending and it leaves quite a bit of questions unanswered but still a great wrap up to the Arpeggio of Blue Steel franchise and I truly enjoyed and loved it.

The movie's pacing till it reaches the climax is absolutely great. I was on the edge of my seat watching this. It was so great watching all the ladies come together to help Gunzou. All the build up from the TV series paid off. The fight between the Blue Steel and the Student Council was the best part in the movie. Apart from Kongo, the battle was evenly-matched and it was very thrilling watching the ladies pull out all their trump cards one after another. The battle between Takao and Ashigara especially was ridiculous and I absolutely loved it. Battleships fighting in close combat with laser swords and drills... who would have thought lmao. The battle never reached a definite conclusion but it was still one of the greatest battles I've seen in anime.

Speaking of Kongo, it was great seeing her again. After she disappeared, she must have been reconciling her thoughts and figuring out what to do with her newfound freedom from the Admiralty Code. It was a heartwarming moment seeing Kongo give the motivation Iona needed to get back on her feet the same way Iona freed her from her grief. You can see how far Kongo has come from. I'm guessing the piano in her battleship is a memory she has of Maya. Even though Maya wasn't real in the first place, Kongo still considered her a friend after all and kept her in her heart just like Iona's existence will continue to live on in everyone's hearts.

The movie concluded nicely. Iona disappearing was such a sad sight. She has come a long way and stopped the war before it could happen but she had the sacrifice herself and watching Gunzou running up to her before disappearing was heartbreaking. Now the Fog is free from the Admiralty Code. Having gained their own wills, whether they rebel or cooperate peacefully is left for the future.

The post-credits scene is so typical of movies or series though. They really love leaving things open-ended and up to the viewers' imagination. Since only Iona has that pendant, it's gotta be her but then again how is she even still alive? She was only a submarine as stated by Musashi so she can't have a mental model and only got one because of Yamato. Now that she has merged with Yamato, she's supposed to cease to exist. It would have been better in my opinion, if she just stayed dead and Gunzou moved on.

Although this movie deviated from the manga and made its own story, the source material is still ongoing so in the end we never really got an explanation about the Fog at all. Where did they come from? What is the Admiralty Code? What is their true purpose? They only started waging war on humanity when Gunzou's father was killed by his crew which triggered Musashi's distrust for humans. Before Yamato and Musashi's meeting with Shouzou, what was really their purpose? Why did Shouzou's crew kill him in the first place? They just told us that humanity is selfish but what exactly was the reason why the crew betrayed Shouzou?

Anyway, even though there are some major plot holes, I'm not gonna lie, I genuinely enjoyed this movie so I'm still gonna give it a 7/10
Aug 26, 2019 1:47 PM

Mar 2012
Some plot points were a little disappointing, but otherwise great movie... really loved the animation and battles in this series. Not bad for a random series I stumbled upon.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Aug 30, 2019 7:44 PM

Apr 2012
Design : Unnecessary changes
I didn't appreciate the new designs of Takao and Hyuuga. Having Takao wear glasses late into the anime franchise felt out of place when I gotten used to what she looked like. Hyuuga on the other hand felt like a completely new character. Her signature lab coat and sweater were replaced with a revealing sleeveless blouse. Her twin swirls at the end of her hair are gone and we get a generic low ponytail tied with a ribbon. Her eccentric catlike facial expression sadly is gone too. Overall Hyuuga's nerdy fangirl image and attitude was thrown out the window so she can be objectified.
However...
+10 Kongou's design.
Her new look represented growth and change.

Plot : Unanswered questions
No answer to how the Fog came to exist

Post credit : Doesn't make sense
Iona being alive felt forced and undermined the buildup of her goodbye. If she's gonna do a Jesus Christ at least put some foreshadowing so our expectations don't get subverted. It's copout surprises like this that come out of nowhere just to appeace fans ruin the stories.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Sep 19, 2020 6:54 PM

Feb 2013
All this because a girl has daddy issues?

Pew pew battle of the ship lolis.

It was still pretty good... though I think the TV series was slightly better.
I think the whole student council thing was just too silly for me to accept.
Feb 17, 2023 7:33 AM

Nov 2010
2:47 That duel between Yamato & Musashi is fantastic! Those super lasers and explosions were a sight to see! Yamato is so pretty! I like how elegant she looks. She's definitely "Hotel Yamato."
8:03 We need a fleet of fog in real life too. Humanity, unchecked, is destroying the planet at an alarming rate. I can already see those dystopian settings in many movies I've seen happen in the near future.
I like Ashigara. She's so cute with her looks & bubbly personality. She makes me want to f*ck her from behind and discipline her!
12:49 I wish they called in Akashi. I want to see what her Arpeggio version looks like.
Takao is definitely one of the best waifus in the show! That battle on the Diomede island was cool.
1:13:59 Kongou looks hotter than ever before in that outfit.
1:25:00 Damn that looks badass!
1:27:03 That looks cool. They're doing old-school broadside combat.
Aww, man, Iona/Yamato disappeared. At least he still has Takao as a waifu. Nice song in the end. Also, that ED sounds good!
Very good movie! However, the ending felt rushed and incomplete to me. There's also the question of who or what created fleet of fog.
Is Iona alive again? I hope not. I don't hate her, but I don't like it whenever a show does that. 8/10
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Who created the Fog

leyuen - Sep 13, 2017

2 by Gogetters »»
May 25, 2018 4:29 AM

» Painfully slow

removed-user - Mar 28, 2016

5 by razorblade81 »»
Jul 30, 2017 2:13 PM

» Character Designs + Trailer

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

10 by Panther_Seraphin »»
Mar 26, 2016 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.