Forum Settings
Forums
Mar 29, 2016 6:57 AM
I liked the anime so I've been thinking about reading the LN too, but there are a few minor questions I'd like to ask first.

First, does it stay the same? I've seen a few LNs that start out with character driven plot like this one, but change into more action and story based ones later on. I'd like know what I'm getting into first.

Second, do the more minor characters get more development? As far as I've seen it, characters like Shihoru aren't really doing much. I would really like it if they got the spotlight a bit more.

Third, do we get to see more monsters? As much as I loved the Goblins and Kobolds, I'd like more diversity. Also, if they do, are they still as humane as the Goblins? I loved how the monster weren't portrayed as mindless zombies.

Thanks in advance. :D
Modified by Cuesen, Mar 29, 2016 7:19 AM

Dec 10, 2019 9:46 PM
Yes, the books stay pretty true to the way the Anime was. Bad news is you don't get the Shihoru and Yume development until volume a little bit latter in the series.

Dec 11, 2019 3:42 AM

Yes, Yes and Yes... but it's very long run. I always thought Shihoru is best girl. Guess I have weakness for shy types. There was sparks of hope there. She is hard worker with little presence and it shows not really sooner then volume 7 with volume 10 Shihoru practically being second in command. Before that, you can't practically see any more then she is loyal to Haruhiro the ways she goes against her own to vote for what Ranta wants, even if she is against it, because Haruhiro did same.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 11, 2019 4:49 AM
First one : yes and no
It's still the survival and dangerous adventure but but we dig more ( but slowly) into the story
And the action in the anime is nothing compared to the ln

Second : yes and yes and yes!
Especially Shihoru, in vol 7 and 8 she was the party mvp in my opinion

Third : I don't want to make your hopes high but in grimgar I saw the best battles ever
It's absolutely the best action Ln ( volumes 3,4,7 and 8 especially)
So yeah, to many monsters and crazy battles there