Forum Settings
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 9, 2016 2:08 PM
Jun 2016
Wow. Taichi is so selfish. First he played karuta, (not because he liked it) but only to spend time with Chihaya, then as he figured Arata confessed, he also confesses then goes into depression saying now Karuta cards look black to him. Just ditched his whole team, smh while his friends message him several times. Then as he finds out Arata is back he rushes back just for that reason. He also admits that when Chihaya felt troubled he felt satisfied because it was because of him Chihaya was troubled.
Arata on the other hand is so calm & composed. Always smiling no matter what. His love is unconditional , and Taichi's love is selfish. Oh wel. Just reading this for the individual matches now.
Jun 10, 2016 10:49 AM
Jun 2016
subarashini said:
WatayaChihaya said:
Wow. Taichi is so selfish. First he played karuta, (not because he liked it) but only to spend time with Chihaya, then as he figured Arata confessed, he also confesses then goes into depression saying now Karuta cards look black to him. Just ditched his whole team, smh while his friends message him several times. Then as he finds out Arata is back he rushes back just for that reason. He also admits that when Chihaya felt troubled he felt satisfied because it was because of him Chihaya was troubled.
Arata on the other hand is so calm & composed. Always smiling no matter what. His love is unconditional , and Taichi's love is selfish. Oh wel. Just reading this for the individual matches now.

Yes. You are a genius! Good thing someone have different kind of thinking than the rest.

I also don't understand why would people want to be with the person they like so much? They should stay away from the person that they love. Instead of courting the girls that they like, they should hide in another place.
Lovers and married couples often separated when they can't have time to be together. Why are those stup** people want to be together so much?

And after getting their heart broken, after breaking up, after divorce they try to stay away from each other, like what Taichi did after Chihaya rejected. Really ignorant people.

You are one of those geniuses who understand that they shouldn't want to spend time with the person that they like.
After getting hurt they shouldn't stay away and be a masochist living in pain.

I am sure no one in your family is like Taichi how else are you going to have that kind of genius way of thinking if there's someone in your family who is similar to Taichi, wanting to be with the people that they love (so I guess you live alone and your whole family live separated - they shouldn't be like Taichi, wanting to spend time with their love ones).
Maybe your parents doesn't want to be together either, right? because if they live together it means they want to be with the person that they love so they are no better than Taichi. You should scold them and remind them people who love each other, shouldn't want to stay together
But if they are divorced then they are selfish like Taichi, for leaving each other even though have family to take care of. Just like how Taichi ditched his team.

No one in this world do things like Taichi, does.
only him is like that.

What the actual FUCK? I'm not even going to argue about the actual post anymore. Why the heck are you talking my parents? Lmao you freak! I think You were rejected just like Taichi was and that's why Taichi's emotions have absorbed into you hence you are acting this way. Makes sense.
Arata also confessed, Arata also knows that Chihaya and Taichi spent their whole childhood together, Yet Arata is so mature. He doesn't act like a depressed, jealous freak. He wants happiness for Chihaya, that is true love. Taichi was the club's PRESIDENT! He was responsible for the CLUB. He didn't like Karuta then why did he even join the club? Just to impress Chihaya? When Arata confessed why did Taichi confess? To trouble Chihaya? EVERYBODY messaged him yet he selfishly acted on his own. Why didn't Arata become rude and arrogant although he lived far away and Chihaya didn't reply to his confession? Don't you see, Taichi is still the coward he was when he stole Arata's glasses.
Taichi ACCEPTED to himself that seeing Chihaya troubled relieved him. Is that what you do to a person you truly love? If so, I really feel sorry for the person you like, because your love is not unconditional.

You're seriously stupid taking this post to a personal level and giving examples of my parents lol. Next time, just chill.
Jun 10, 2016 3:58 PM
Jun 2016
subarashini said:
WatayaChihaya said:

What the actual FUCK? I'm not even going to argue about the actual post anymore. Why the heck are you talking my parents? Lmao you freak! I think You were rejected just like Taichi was and that's why Taichi's emotions have absorbed into you hence you are acting this way. Makes sense.
Arata also confessed, Arata also knows that Chihaya and Taichi spent their whole childhood together, Yet Arata is so mature. He doesn't act like a depressed, jealous freak. He wants happiness for Chihaya, that is true love. Taichi was the club's PRESIDENT! He was responsible for the CLUB. He didn't like Karuta then why did he even join the club? Just to impress Chihaya? When Arata confessed why did Taichi confess? To trouble Chihaya? EVERYBODY messaged him yet he selfishly acted on his own. Why didn't Arata become rude and arrogant although he lived far away and Chihaya didn't reply to his confession? Don't you see, Taichi is still the coward he was when he stole Arata's glasses.
Taichi ACCEPTED to himself that seeing Chihaya troubled relieved him. Is that what you do to a person you truly love? If so, I really feel sorry for the person you like, because your love is not unconditional.

You're seriously stupid taking this post to a personal level and giving examples of my parents lol. Next time, just chill.

What is wrong with what I said. I explained it well right? That for humans it's normal wanting to be with the person you like or maybe you haven't been in love yet and so you never know that feeling.

Also, if for you I am a freak. Well you are no,better. Weren't you the one hating a fictional character?
Taichi is selfish because of what he did to his team? then you must be one of those ungrateful bas*tar*s who only appreciate people when they are doing something for you but once they stopped helping you, you will forgot everything that they have done for you and only think of bad things.
You must be only looking at Arata so you never see anything except Arata, you never saw the things that Taichi did for his team. How hard he work for his team, even his team appreciate that. But because they are not ungrateful, they never forget the good things that he did for them.

Arata? those kids adore him, he wanted to make a team and even though it's late those kids joined him. Why did he want to make a team? to be able to play against Chihaya.
So while his team were busy fighting for the team he made, what did he do? tried to get Chihaya's attention. So how is he better than Taichi?

Chihaya sent him countless of message but he didn't reply. When he got his phone his parents asked him that he should talk to his friends more, but what did he said? "No need"

Chihaya always send him message, when she was sad , she send him messages and he never reply.
Chihaya always have to call him first before she is able to talk to him.

Because your parents will be the great example for something that you probably never experienced

Are your parents separated by any chance? I'm sorry for the childhood trauma you have felt but not everyone's parents have an unlucky relationship like yours. My parents are happily married so excuse you lol. Good luck with your life. If it's JUST a fictional character then you were the one who commented on my post in the first place with sarcasm that could kill lol. You were so furious that you would talk about some stranger's parents' relationship status. I just signed up for this website yesterday for some decent discussion over Chihayafuru manga, but immature kids are every where. SMH. Next time I post a comment please don't comment and ruin it with your childishness.
Taichi didn't do anything for anyone. He's just selfish and his love makes Chihaya cry and depressed. If that's how you want your significant other then you must be like one of those people who stay in an abusive relationship with their own will.
Jun 10, 2016 4:23 PM

Nov 2015
@WatayaChihaya
@subarashini

Stop you two, before the both of you get banned and have this thread locked.
For salty fans
Jun 10, 2016 4:25 PM
Jun 2016
MTKN1998 said:
@WatayaChihaya
@subarashini

MTKN1998 said:
@WatayaChihaya
@subarashini

Okay I'm done. Don't want to get banned. 😖
Jun 11, 2016 10:25 AM

Dec 2015
WatayaChihaya said:
MTKN1998 said:
@WatayaChihaya
@subarashini

MTKN1998 said:
@WatayaChihaya
@subarashini

Maybe this review will help
http://selva3bd.tumblr.com/post/100584357905/so-chapter-138-huh-i-have-to-dig-in-even-tho-i
Jun 12, 2016 8:01 AM
Jun 2016
Nunnally03 said:
WatayaChihaya said:

http://selva3bd.tumblr.com/post/100584357905/so-chapter-138-huh-i-have-to-dig-in-even-tho-i

Wow, did you explain that? It was very well explained. I would also like to hear your insight on what you thought when Taichi tells Suou said he didn't like Karuta, and Suou says the same. Also Chihaya can be self-centered because she forced many people to join the club because she wanted to be Queen. It is obvious she's self centered, but she made it obvious to her club mates also and they now they get worried when she's not obsessing over her becoming queen.
Also, I personally think she stopped Taichi from leaving the club because she thinks he likes Karuta but he's leaving because of her 'rejection'. Remember she has flashbacks about how determined he was to defeat Chihaya and he joined other tournaments while she went to a field trip. She doesn't know he can't take it anymore. She simply things he loves Karuta.
However I loved the way Everything was explained. It was well said!
Jun 13, 2016 6:23 AM

Dec 2015
WatayaChihaya said:
Nunnally03 said:

Wow, did you explain that? It was very well explained. I would also like to hear your insight on what you thought when Taichi tells Suou said he didn't like Karuta, and Suou says the same. Also Chihaya can be self-centered because she forced many people to join the club because she wanted to be Queen. It is obvious she's self centered, but she made it obvious to her club mates also and they now they get worried when she's not obsessing over her becoming queen.
Also, I personally think she stopped Taichi from leaving the club because she thinks he likes Karuta but he's leaving because of her 'rejection'. Remember she has flashbacks about how determined he was to defeat Chihaya and he joined other tournaments while she went to a field trip. She doesn't know he can't take it anymore. She simply things he loves Karuta.
However I loved the way Everything was explained. It was well said!

No, I didn't explain it.
But it's nice so I thought I should share.... it's better than explaining using someone's family.
Jun 28, 2016 8:59 AM

Jul 2013
am i the only one who bursted out into tears in this chapter??? maybe im too easily moved lol. taichi's return really felt good, the whole team is finally back although it's a bit too late. it felt really weird without taichi in the last few chapters. im so glad things are starting to resolve, that conflict went on too long for my liking...

also! yay to arata acting like a sore loser!! he's been too perfect in this entire manga, with so little flaws that it's hard to fully ship him with chihaya.
Jan 14, 2018 3:46 PM

Nov 2016
Hyoro won, fuck yes.

But nothing can beat the return of Mizusawas captain. Those were some extremely emotional panels ;_;.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 14, 2019 5:54 AM
Aug 2010
So late on getting caught up in this manga. Got to this chapter last night, but holy shit this chapter/arc was great. I figured Mizusawa would lose. And, let's be honest, it's really Taichi's fault. Because he's coward. He never changed (yet). His cowardice destroyed their last summer. Though it did help Chihaya get some development as well as the club itself. So while it was his fault, it was ultimately good for the club long term even if means a loss this summer. Really love this writing.

"It's too late for everything" is definitely more than just the Karuta tournament. I'd say that bit shows that because of Taichi's cowardice, any chance he could have had with Chihaya is definitely over (though I'll find out as I get caught up with the rest of the manga)
Sep 26, 2019 1:24 AM

Feb 2019
Nice, it's time for some arata development. He should find his happiness.
Apr 4, 2020 4:20 AM

Apr 2012
Oof, deep in emotions at the end. It's all over Taichi, I don't know what will happen next with the manga, if they graduates, what will happen ?
Nov 25, 2020 10:52 AM
Nov 2020
oofff the tears this chapter. man every chapter after season 3 ended makes me emotional. ppl ratting about arata being mad but i think it's fair, if he didn't yell, then the other members would have just like how they did with chihaya. chihaya had to apologize before coming back, and taichi has to do the same cause he essentially abandoned the team when they needed him the most. arata being mad is equivalent to chihaya being in despair but still managing to welcome taichi back. anyways i missed him, i hope he stays in the club now and stops being so distant. also CONGRATS HYORO, my man went through a whole character arc
May 6, 2021 11:48 AM

Jul 2020
Damn this chapter was deep in terms of emotions. Now I'm wondering how this manga is ongoing to around 230 chpaters, will we see character development focusing on Arata more? Who knows.
May 9, 2021 10:25 PM

Nov 2020
Nice to see Taichi back even though I don’t really like him but the club is back now
Arata is still the Goat after this chapter and still a respectable guy Ik he is
Hokuou really deserves the win so round of applause to them
Good chapter overall
I also wonder how this manga is still ongoing too just like the person ontop of me
If there's a hole there's a goal-Master Oogway
Nov 13, 2021 11:22 AM

Jan 2016
why are my eyes sweating so much?
Nov 14, 2021 1:19 AM

Oct 2012
This chapter is definitely one of the emotional highs in the manga...the way Chihaya puts that headband around his neck and cries against him, the way all of Mizusawa join in, it still brings me to tears after all these years.
Jan 24, 2023 5:36 PM

Jul 2016
I still can’t believe Taichi didn’t play in their last match! I’m crying, it’s too late…
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Problem with this manga.

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 22

3 by Suiely_c-ute »»
Mar 28, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 247 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MaahHeim - Jul 31, 2022

197 by chiakimagoto »»
Mar 18, 1:31 AM

» Chihayafuru Sequel - Chihayafuru plus - kimi ga tame announced

ItzElite - Oct 31, 2023

19 by CelticMindset »»
Jan 2, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 205 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

79 by Zooincle »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:39 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 134 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2014

15 by Zooincle »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.