Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 28, 2016 6:28 PM
Jul 2009
kyle8998 said:
This finale was so much hype! That was great!
Balancers off, fantastic last game.
Congrats Asuka!

That's some big-ass badass wings.
1idd0kunMar 28, 2016 6:35 PM
Mar 28, 2016 6:46 PM
Dec 2008
This series was a very relaxing one for this season, really enjoyed every episodes.
Mar 28, 2016 6:54 PM

May 2012
Okay, so I guess they completely removed any sort of romance, but it honestly still worked.

This last episode was pretty cool and exciting.

Not sure if a 7 or 8 for me... but I may be leaning a bit more towards the 7 since I wanted a little bit of romance lol

Gonna finally get around to continuing the VN, may only gain a little bit of progress given that my understanding of Japanese is pretty minimal lol

Also, wasn' that the VN opening inserted into their battle? o_O That's pretty cool.
OlemMar 28, 2016 7:25 PM

Mar 28, 2016 6:57 PM
Jul 2009
Olem said:
Also, wasn' that the VN opening inserted into their battle? o_O That's pretty cool.

Yeah, it was the OP from the VN. It's called Wings of Courage.
Mar 28, 2016 7:03 PM

Jun 2013
Really really great final episode! 5/5
This turned out to be quite the little hidden gem of a series, I definitely wouldn't say no to a season two :) 8/10
Mar 28, 2016 7:04 PM

May 2013
Does anyone know the title of the song that played at the end of ep. 12? is it another song off the visual novel?

I know it's not the opening song nor the original ending song and it's not Wings of Courage.

Overall I enjoied this series, was hype for it at first, but lost the hype as the anime progress.

Sadly I can't read Japanese, so I can't read the VN, unless I use Visual Novel translator xD, the English translations seems to be having some issue :/.
Mar 28, 2016 7:15 PM

Jan 2014
The Last episode sucked some life out of this for me, The "asuka's amazing" thing really was pushed way too hard.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Mar 28, 2016 7:59 PM

Sep 2015
While I'm sure this series from the get go pissed off fans of the game. I honestly was enjoying the character drama and stories much more then I probably would if they had gone down that romance angle. Heck I probably would have dropped the series come when that romance got serious. Overall I liked the direction they went for and it gave me something that I've never had, an actual honest to god thrill from watching a sports anime. It brought everything I love about character dramas and put them in a sports anime package. While cliche at times it was a thrill to watch and I would recommend it to people who actually don't like sports anime.

Credit goes to the guys at Minimalistic-Animoo Deviantart Group for the vectors.
Mar 28, 2016 8:30 PM

Apr 2011
The moment when Asuka came out of the water with large wings and smile on her face, I got chills on my spine. CHILL!

8//10
Mar 28, 2016 8:30 PM

Oct 2015
Spoilers lmao xD
Okay, so there wasn't much character development, and the safety issues in this are just ignored, I ranted about that in the Episode 11 forum though.

But worst of all, this series rushed itself, and had three routes to choose from;
The Clichè Line
The Inui Line
And the Pain Line (Someone gets hurt)

Not only did the ending take the Clichè line, but everyone was happy at the end, even more clichè to add on. Oh, and I like how they introduced the balancers in like, the third to last episodez
Thats like adding rifle scopes into a hunting game.

This is my 2nd actual post on a forum. I expected much more than this anime (I actually started the anime because of the romance tag). I found out many of this anime's flaws, yet I still expected something good out of it.

I r8 this an 6/10, good design and sound
ur mum gay lol
Soundcloud - Lunar Aura
Mar 28, 2016 9:06 PM
Mar 2016
MoonKingZ4 said:
Spoilers lmao xD
Okay, so there wasn't much character development, and the safety issues in this are just ignored, I ranted about that in the Episode 11 forum though.

But worst of all, this series rushed itself, and had three routes to choose from;
The Clichè Line
The Inui Line

Not only did the ending take the Clichè line, but everyone was happy at the end, even more clichè to add on. Oh, and I like how they introduced the balancers in like, the third to last episodez
Thats like adding rifle scopes into a hunting game.

This is my 2nd actual post on a forum. I expected much more than this anime (I actually started the anime because of the romance tag). I found out many of this anime's flaws, yet I still expected something good out of it.

I r8 this an 6/10, good design and sound

I think you came in with too much expectations.
It was mainly just a lighthearted fun anime start to finish, didn't none of the characters give off that Aura for you?
Mar 28, 2016 9:07 PM
Mar 2016
Love the battle.

My only complaint about the series is the lack of Yuri. Would have given it a 10/10 then.
Guess I will have to wait for doujin's for my Asuka x Misaki.
ineedyuriMar 28, 2016 9:20 PM
Mar 28, 2016 9:21 PM

Apr 2014
I was half expecting sorairo days to play as an insert song hahaha. Decent ending to an average anime 6/10
Mar 28, 2016 9:29 PM
Nov 2014
I'm confused... this felt too short for a LN series. I thought it was 24, not 12? The finale didn't leave much of an impression... but I'll be nice about the series anyways. 8/10
Mar 28, 2016 9:41 PM

Nov 2012
MoonKingZ4 said:

The Clichè Line
The Inui Line

imo in inui route.she gonna be new era dictator of fc and our little support chara will slap her ass

ineedyuri said:

I think you came in with too much expectations.
It was mainly just a lighthearted fun anime start to finish, didn't none of the characters give off that Aura for you?

its ok to adapt only common route i mean asuka route, but masaya deserve better
the anime didn include him in the way asuka beat saki . looks like asuka come out nowhere and beat goddess fc with beginner luck. he just in peasant level in this anime
Mar 28, 2016 10:16 PM

Jun 2015
Asuka couldn't hold her ground with balancers off before but, Magically, could fly n fight n win in off mode now. wow. Just leave it to Anime logic to get your desired end no matter how unreasonable it is.
Saki looked like not trying her best either before cutting off her balancer. which was a let down.

Didn't like the finale. The series was neither good nor bad. May not watch a second season.
Mar 28, 2016 11:25 PM

Aug 2015
I personally enjoyed this series quite a bit, romance tag should definitely be removed at least, for this season. There was much more romance development in the visual novel, but this season didn't cover it I suppose. Masaya x Misaki = Best Ship
Mar 28, 2016 11:37 PM

Jul 2015
Liked the end a lot. Wouldn't mind a second season of this at all. Overall decent anime.

Free! in the skies? /5

Mar 28, 2016 11:38 PM

May 2014
I was coming into this episode giving this a hands down 9/10. The characters were fantastic, Misaki was amazing and had some serious development. The animation was stunning. While I did notice a slight drop in art quality midway through the season, reading other comments it appears this was due to a short amount of time to make this happen. I can look passed it as it didn't bug me at all, I did take notice, though.

This finale was incredible, though. Not going to lie, I had a few tears run down from the hugely inspirational joy that took place. This finale was done incredibly. Some might argue that it was *too* perfect, but I'd argue that. I'd say it went *perfectly* perfect. It actually brought about a couple moments of doubt, which led to an extremely compelling final fight. This finale was incredible, no other sport-related anime will come close to the amount of excitement and fun I felt in from this anime. Also, the OP and ED songs are awesome, I seriously enjoy them.

For me, this was a 10/10. I loved every episode, I adored the characters. Most characters had good development, with actual reasons to develop. Not only was the action nail-bitingly great, but very beautiful and unique in its regard. I definitely want to play the VN now so I can dive more into these characters. I'm caught off guard by how sad I am that this is over and how much I ended up enjoying it in the end. Never would have predicted this when the anime first started.

Just as was the inspirational focus of the anime finale, I had a lot of fun watching this!

e: Extra blips.
794Mar 28, 2016 11:42 PM
Mar 29, 2016 12:03 AM

Apr 2009
kyle8998 said:
This finale was so much hype! That was great!
Balancers off, fantastic last game.
Congrats Asuka!

Asuka only turns ugly here and besides her winning here i would even think that she would only can't escape the bullets from the flak cannons of any caliber (12.7mm,13mm,20mm,40mm,76mm,85mm & 125mm) and she would die after that :P
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Mar 29, 2016 12:06 AM

Apr 2013
This final fight bumped this show by one whole point for me.
Asuka looks so badass throughout the whole match. Although it's a little cliched how she manage to control her shoes with the balancer off right away, it's anime so it's fine.
REALITY IS A CRAPPY GAME

Mar 29, 2016 12:18 AM

Dec 2008
This was an enjoyable lighthearted show overall. I wouldn't mind another season.
Mar 29, 2016 12:18 AM

Aug 2014
Well, I am still kind of angry about no romance, but it did not destroy my enjoyment of this anime.
To tell you all the truth, I wanted to wipe that conceited personality of the girl with the green hair, however my wish was answered in this final episode lol She became one of the characters that I really hate.
Also, yay!! Kurashina won, but what a spectacle.. This may be underrated, but it earned enough to get a 6.75 (Round it to 7.00) from me.
Does anyone know the OST that happens in ever FC Battle? It is such a catchy tune
ElectricRedMar 29, 2016 12:23 AM
Mar 29, 2016 1:06 AM

Sep 2014
Definitely enjoyable. Romance tag is misleading though, like others have stated. Great series overall. 9/10. Looking forward to the squeal.
Mar 29, 2016 1:36 AM

Sep 2013
CFKazu said:
Definitely enjoyable. Romance tag is misleading though, like others have stated. Great series overall. 9/10. Looking forward to the squeal.

Nah, if this Series don't have Romance tag it will great. 7/10 for me
But I think there aren't 2 season for this series, just gonna wait for ENG translation for VN
Mar 29, 2016 1:47 AM

Jul 2013
What an amazing last match!! The moment when Asuka and Inui just circled each other in that big contrail circle was just perfect. Despite what the harem fans might say, I'm soooo glad they never put romance as a top priority in this anime. What I expected to be a low quality garbage harem VN adaption turned out to be one of the most enjoyable sports anime around. Like seriously, they portrayed the spirit of sports better than some actual sports anime.

The slight touch of drama was done in a way that's non-obtrusive. No unnecessary dragging and solved with the power of friendship instead of the typical main MC magically solving every girl's problems. Every so often, cheesy friendship stuffs could go horribly in other series *cough*Fairy Tail*cough* but here the bonding between these girls just felt so natural and in fact, they were some of my favorite episodes.

The fact that they put so much depth into the fictional sports is something I truly enjoy as well. I'm so gonna miss Flying Circus, I almost wish there's an actual video game for it.

8/10
Mar 29, 2016 1:54 AM

Sep 2015
I'm a simple person. I find an anime entertaining I rate high.
NICE FC SCENE loved it so much!!
Mar 29, 2016 3:33 AM

Sep 2013
This episode was just GREAT,goddamn if all the episodes were like that i would have loved this anime....

This tension,this GREAT animation,this long matche,goddamn it was so good i got chills all along,not gonna lie before watching this episode i just wanted to end this anime and move on but now i just can't denie that i want a fucking season 2 with episodes like that.

7/10 overall.Kurashina best flying waifu
Deep dark fantasies
Mar 29, 2016 3:36 AM

Jan 2011
Nice to see them spice it up. I always thought that the flying circus matches were usually bland.
Mar 29, 2016 4:04 AM
Jul 2015
This final episode was awesome :D. It was a very nice serie 9/10 , now I'm waiting for a ENG patch for the VN.
Hi Koichoco :D
Kyofu26Mar 29, 2016 8:26 AM
Mar 29, 2016 4:23 AM

Dec 2013
A suitable ending for the series, even if it only gave closure to Asuka. Though I can't give credit for this anime exploring beyond what it was capable of it was no doubt a really fun watch.

6/10
Mar 29, 2016 5:50 AM
May 2014
Can't wait for Virtual Reality version of FC lol.
Mar 29, 2016 6:17 AM

Aug 2010
Sux that Masaya didn't have that much of a role. But Asuka was a really fun character. Dem suits with the side Oppai and tight ass were awesome. Definitely the highlight of the show :P

Misaki was cool too other than her emo moments.

This last match was fun. The visual effects on Asuka's flying are really nice.

7.5 Fun series.
Mar 29, 2016 6:53 AM
Sep 2015
Pretty predictable overall, but it had some nice moments. 5/10.
Mar 29, 2016 7:30 AM
Oct 2012
nice ending
Irina voice was the best in this episode.
love her

what was the insert song title?
Mar 29, 2016 8:23 AM
Apr 2015
I loved this anime. 9/10
Mar 29, 2016 9:36 AM

Oct 2015
TheLittleRedHero said:
Pretty nice finale for AoKana. I will say that actually.
This series wasn't as impressive the more I got further, but it kept me entertained. I'll give it a 7/10 personally c:

Even though the story was pretty mainstream the art was very good. Although the MC can overcome anything put me off a little.

8/10 just for art.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Mar 29, 2016 10:09 AM

Sep 2015
Masaya, you will always be in our hearts
This episode is pretty good, even if Asuka won ... :(

decent anime, 6/10
Mar 29, 2016 11:55 AM

May 2015
Really, holy shit. The episode was absolutely fantastic. What a way to end this show. And you don't often see CR translating the songs, lmao. Seems like they used the VN's OP song as an insert song here. Loved it. Overall, it was an enjoyable show. Wished there would be more focus on the male character, but alas. Lovely ending song as well. Might rewatch this show again some time in the future after this amazing episode. 8/10 for now.
ReverberateMar 29, 2016 11:58 AM

Mar 29, 2016 12:41 PM

Apr 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

So now that the show is finished, can you edit out the "romance" tag?
It maybe help flush out the salty people.
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Mar 29, 2016 12:53 PM

Aug 2014
I was sad about the so called romance and drama....Was only girls and sport. The one good thing is the Ending song that giva a good relaxed feeling.

And season 2 is about inui?? how do people like these characters..
Mar 29, 2016 1:07 PM

Apr 2014
And it comes down to Inui and Asuka to fight it out.
Well, there are two ways to end it like: 1. Let main character win or 2. Make them lose lol.
Anyway, it was fun while it last, but still want to see Masaya play at least once against Shindou.
Asuka x Misaki lol
7/10
Mar 29, 2016 1:16 PM

Feb 2015
This episode was incredible! The anime ended with the most interesting match ever.

Also, I just noticed that they removed the romance tag form it. But why was it in the first place?! Does the manga have any romance?
Mar 29, 2016 2:08 PM

Nov 2011
I dont even care there wasnt any romance. That fight was f*cking awesome! 8/10

Also
Hey its Tatsumi Moheji :P
Mar 29, 2016 3:20 PM

Jan 2015
MagnaMoon said:
This episode was incredible! The anime ended with the most interesting match ever.

Also, I just noticed that they removed the romance tag form it. But why was it in the first place?! Does the manga have any romance?

Yes, the VN has romance in it.
Mar 29, 2016 3:25 PM
Apr 2013
They pointed out that if you can fly the balancer off, you can fly a lot better than with it on.

So... why wasn't practicing to fly with the balancer off the first thing anyone had to learn when they decided to pick up FC? Seriously, it's like race car drivers not realizing that putting a 60mph limiter on their car makes their car slower. Just... wut?

I swear, they must have created the sport within the last like 4 years if the players are still figuring out such basic things like this.

I enjoyed the show overall, it was really fun and light-hearted, but so much of the actual sport is just ugh. Oh well.
Mar 29, 2016 6:55 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Damn, this last episode could be one of my all-time favorites.

10/10 for the joy this Anime filled me with
Mar 29, 2016 8:04 PM

Apr 2011
Tigersight said:
They pointed out that if you can fly the balancer off, you can fly a lot better than with it on.

So... why wasn't practicing to fly with the balancer off the first thing anyone had to learn when they decided to pick up FC? Seriously, it's like race car drivers not realizing that putting a 60mph limiter on their car makes their car slower. Just... wut?

I swear, they must have created the sport within the last like 4 years if the players are still figuring out such basic things like this.

I enjoyed the show overall, it was really fun and light-hearted, but so much of the actual sport is just ugh. Oh well.

Maybe the professionals don't use the balancer ? I don't know. It would make sense for people to train without the balancer for competition because you can get better performance. Maybe it's just too dangerous for high schoolers but there doesn't seem to be any rules regarding the balancers.
Mar 29, 2016 9:11 PM
Jul 2009
Valaskjalf said:
Tigersight said:

Maybe the professionals don't use the balancer ? I don't know. It would make sense for people to train without the balancer for competition because you can get better performance. Maybe it's just too dangerous for high schoolers but there doesn't seem to be any rules regarding the balancers.

The professionals use the balancers. Saki and Asuka were the very first players to ever attempt flying without them. Normally, it shouldn't even be possible, since the gravshoes are really hard to control with the balancers turned off. Asuka makes it seem easy, but that's because she's a prodigy. Saki's very talented herself but she had to train for years to be able to do it.

1idd0kunMar 29, 2016 9:15 PM
Mar 29, 2016 9:30 PM

Nov 2011
This episode could have been salvaged when Asuka's shoes went out...but no...for some reason she's just so good. No explanation, not even practice could help her control those shoes.

Thank god this Filth is over. 1/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» English Visual Novel

OppaiSugoi - Oct 8, 2018

22 by OppaiSugoi »»
Jul 17, 2023 7:53 PM

» Anime season 2?

Felipe-10000 - Apr 1, 2023

4 by 5Reinheit »»
Apr 5, 2023 10:46 AM

» First this or VN?

Grontan - Feb 28, 2023

7 by Zedlin »»
Feb 28, 2023 9:00 PM

Poll: » Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2016

83 by iajsjjz91 »»
Aug 21, 2022 11:02 AM

Poll: » Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2016

77 by Guts-Valley »»
May 22, 2022 11:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.