Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2016 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So..Saki finally gets serious. Pretty sure she used her trump card and it had something to do with her gear. I still don't like her coach/manager much but eh, I do have to admit that she trained Saki very well.

Very impressed by Asuka's performance though, like holy shit, she's like a pro now. Dat theme song as well. Decent finale. The show managed to carry this match imo. Grats to Asuka~

Mar 28, 2016 11:45 AM

Apr 2010
It was a nice ending and Asuka proved that having fun is importuned as well.
It was nice seeing them have fun like that.

Turning of the balancer had some very nice results.
Tho it's not recommended for everyone from the looks of it.
Mar 28, 2016 11:59 AM

Mar 2011
i personally liked this version of Asuka's ending. it does a good job of selling Inui as a heroine for the upcoming sequel
Mar 28, 2016 12:06 PM

Jan 2015
Saki, always remember to perform "beautifully"
Time to get serious. Adding some nice Insert song too. And Saki, always remember to perform "beautifully"

Asuka's "Pentagram" move even look harder than Kagami's "Halo".

It really surprised me the moment Asuka's grav-shoes and the Insert song too stopped.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 28, 2016 12:49 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty nice finale for AoKana. I will say that actually.
This series wasn't as impressive the more I got further, but it kept me entertained. I'll give it a 7/10 personally c:
Mar 28, 2016 1:00 PM

Jan 2012
If Misaki was the mc, had she defeated the final boss, this woulda been a fantastic series. Instead natural prodigy Asuka took all the glory and hid behind "just have fun" while doing it. Damn that's obnoxious. Even more upsetting because I loved the first 4 episodes. Episodes 1 - 4 and 9 - 10 were very good. 5 - 8 and 11 - 12 sucked. I'll average it out to a 6/10 and consider this one of winter's biggest disappointments considering how strong it started. It's a shame, but oh well.
Mar 28, 2016 1:01 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Decent series imo. It did get better and better and some matches are pretty fun to watch. I really wanna play the VN though.

6/10
GoldenDevilGamerMar 28, 2016 1:49 PM
Mar 28, 2016 1:17 PM
Jul 2018
The match between Asuka and Inui was great.

Asuka won the match!
Mar 28, 2016 1:19 PM

Jul 2015
Somebody should remove Romance tag. It's so misguiding.

Overall 7/10

Mar 28, 2016 1:27 PM

Mar 2013
For all its faults, this was the only series this season I enjoyed to the max. 9/10 from me, though I'm so bummed this isn't getting a season 2.
Mar 28, 2016 1:28 PM
Dec 2015
They did it.
They finally did it.
Someone actually put Sora wo Koete into the anime.
I was waiting so long.
Mar 28, 2016 1:36 PM

Jun 2014
Realistically, Asuka should have lost this match, but thanks to the power of MC, along with the fact that an insert song playing during the climactic moment ensures victory no matter what, she won. I'll admit the match was entertaining but I don't like how her Grav-shoes crapped out, then worked again because "she believed in herself" or whatever was going on there. And I'll go ahead and pretend that Asuka flying perfectly without her balancer, even though this was her first time doing it, didn't happen (or 2nd time if we count the one time she tried it out before). Well, other than a couple of entertaining FC matches, this anime was pretty disappointing, 4/10.

PS, someone needs to remove that romance tag, because there wasn't a single romantic moment at all in these 12 episodes.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 28, 2016 1:40 PM

Oct 2014
The final match was really cool, I loved Inui's change of character. Very enjoyable show overall, I'm looking forward to playing the VN.
8/10

Aug 2010
Pretty good finale. It was fun to watch, although the outcome was obvious. Overall, i like this series, some parts were boring, but I had fun watching it in the most part.

I'll give this series a 7/10

Oct 2012
I liked the song but Asuka won too easily and romance tag needs to be removed now.
Mar 28, 2016 1:43 PM

Apr 2011
I don't get the low average score.
This really made me happy every week. It gave me a feeling of freedom, not even kidding, the animation and OST and everything were just perfect.
I love the characters and the story even concluded in a nice way.
No question, 9/10 for me.
Mar 28, 2016 1:50 PM

Jun 2015
Surprise anime of the season. Didnt expect it to be so good. The character development was great and the final game was epic. Great anime and i am glad i watched it. One of the better anime this season. And stop complaining about the lack of romance. You should never judge an anime on its genres, but on the content it provided.
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Mar 28, 2016 1:52 PM

Sep 2010
Piromysl said:

thebrentinator24 said:
PS, someone needs to remove that romance tag, because there wasn't a single romantic moment at all in these 12 episodes.

Orange said:
... romance tag needs to be removed now.

Yup, the 'Romance' tag needs to go. There was not even a hint of it and any chance of its existence was extinguished at the end of Episode 10. XD While I began watching the series from seeing the tag, the series was fine.

The execution of everything from the animation and music to the characters and story just felt like this was an 'okay' series. I gave a 6/10 overall.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Mar 28, 2016 1:55 PM
Dec 2014
Someone remove the romance tag, I've been lied to.
Guess I need to play the VN now eh, I was really hyped for the romance
Nevertheless, still a great show, nice ending, and the Insert songs from the VN was simply awesome
I don't think this deserves a 10/10, but I feel so biased towards this anime I'm gonna leave it at that for now until i re-review it.
Mar 28, 2016 1:56 PM

Apr 2015
the final blow by Asuka was amazing
Mar 28, 2016 1:58 PM

Aug 2015
I'll be honest, I found the overall series to be just 'meh.'
But this episode.
Holy crap this episode is amongst my all time favourites.
I might just try out the VN at some point and see what it had in store.
For me, the series goes for a mostly 5/10, but gets a 6/10 for me simply because of when it did something right, it overwhelmed.

Although, like many already said. Pls remove the romance tag.
Mar 28, 2016 2:02 PM

Jul 2013
I really want to try out the VN now.
Pretty good final episode, with the rest of the series being okay.
Might try out that sequel too (though I don't know when that'll be out, or if it's already out.)
..I'll boost it to 7/10 because of the final episode.
Mar 28, 2016 2:03 PM

Jul 2014
I basically still feel conned here. I wanted a romance anime and the tags suggest this is one, but it's just a sports anime. A shitty sports anime with many bland and/or annoying characters and poor animation.

REMOVE THE ROMANCE TAG.

Fuck it, I'll just read the VN (and its upcoming sequel) at some point instead. 6/10, and that honestly feels generous for one of the worst shows I watched this season.
Mar 28, 2016 2:04 PM

Aug 2011
That greensleeves move is really lame. To me it's like turning on godmode in a video game or max damage hacks, might be novel for a while but just gets boring in the long run.

Also yes please remove the romance tag.

Has anyone played the VN? Does it have more Masaya character development + romance than the anime did?
Mar 28, 2016 2:12 PM

Mar 2014
it definitely wasnt the best this season (especially in the animation department and awful cg lol) but this last episode and the one before really redeemed it in terms of story. i felt like they couldve gone more in depth with asuka and hinata giving her the clip tbh. anyway 8/10 show, really glad i stuck with it when i considered dropping it halfway.
Mar 28, 2016 2:12 PM
Dec 2010
kingri said:

Has anyone played the VN? Does it have more Masaya character development + romance than the anime did?

Yeah, the VN has way more development for Masaya and romance. I actually played the VN before realizing there was a anime for it. Misaki's route is my favorite though.

That being said, it's still a pretty alright anime. The really neat part is seeing the matches animated. That romance tag needs to go away though. I was hoping for some kind of romance at the end...but nothing. :(
scottysengMar 28, 2016 2:17 PM
Mar 28, 2016 2:14 PM

Apr 2011
beautiful. I wish every FC match was like this. The VN will never compare to the anime in action segments. All the contrails were amazing, and the glowing sphere Asuka and Saki made will inspire all players.

I actually like the fact that Saki used Greensleeves instead of Angelic Halo but in hindsight shouldn't have expected it at all since it was never shown how to beat it

Saki finally found a friend and rival who can stand toe-to-toe with her. It's a touching moment. Quite literally the only reason she stopped following Irina's order. Her competitive spirit was awakened in the face of Misaki and Asuka.

7/10 because I'm biased towards this series. needed art and animation polish and some very minor slip ups in regards to story based on the fact we followed Asuka (my major gripe was giving Asuka a drama moment where she forgot how to fly. absolutely ridiculous)

can't wait for VN sequel

but really, what else can you expect from a shounen sports anime? :^)
KomomoMar 28, 2016 8:32 PM
Mar 28, 2016 2:30 PM

Jul 2015
That was a fun ride! I really loved that last competition against Inui. It was awesome seeing Asuka get so much skill in such a short time!
Mar 28, 2016 2:34 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Felt like Asuka suddenly got way better in this match than any of the previous ones but whatever

Irina also gets the most annoying bitch of the season award

That being said, it was a really fun anime
Mar 28, 2016 2:36 PM

Apr 2014
I enjoyed this series a lot more than I thought I would. The flying circus matches were pretty cool and outfits were really cute (side boob FTW). If there's ever a season 2 in the future, I will definitely watch it.

Mar 28, 2016 2:41 PM

Aug 2015
So by turning off the safety feature on their flying shoes they can go fast.. How is that not banned in the game?
Falling from that height into water, would be the same as hitting concrete. But okay "anime logic"

Overall the show was pretty average, the game was kinda interesting with the dog fights. 6/10
Mar 28, 2016 2:46 PM

Nov 2015
Niyari said:
i personally liked this version of Asuka's ending. it does a good job of selling Inui as a heroine for the upcoming sequel

Lol do you have any extra info about that? MAL doesn't show anything for that sequel, eventho it seems that the main char will be Saki.

On the other hand, glad Asuka won this match, it was a beautiful one but the shutting up Irina was so pleasant.
Mar 28, 2016 2:55 PM
Jul 2012
I hope they animate the sequel I'm glad they didn't make romance a focus for the anime after all the backlash people give Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate. Definitely one of my favorites of the season.
Mar 28, 2016 3:05 PM

Aug 2013
Piromysl said:

Overall 7/10

Yeah. But thanks to this, I started watching it, and I don't regret it :P
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 28, 2016 3:17 PM
Apr 2010
I'm going to go ahead and give it a 9/10. This is purely because I expected NOTHING out of it. I thought it was going to be just some generic moe sport anime, but it didn't and it was actually very entertaining for me. I actually looked forward to watching it every week. I don't know why but I guess it was because it didn't try to become something else or try to become something bigger; it knew exactly what it was and it did it right. The pacing was nice, the character art and animation were, at least to me, were nice, and as rushed as ep 10 was, overall I was more than satisfied with the conclusion and ending. I'm actually wondering whether it'll have a season 2.
Mar 28, 2016 3:24 PM

Oct 2010
Despite having such a simple premise, simple execution that went exactly as one would expect out of a sports anime, I had a freaking blast with this anime. I struggled rating it a 7/10 overall...decided to go with 8 in the end. I feel better with that score. I was worried at first that Mami Kawada's final anime would be a let down but the songs were amazing and I feel like they were made for a great "Farewell". Overall very impressed with how this show went down - really really loved the characters in this especially.
Mar 28, 2016 3:32 PM

Aug 2015
8~9/10 solely as a sports anime. In sports anime, suspension of disbeliefs is required, so I don't see why people complain about this and that; what matters is the journey right? With this suspension og disbelifs regarding the laws of physics, I got an awesome episode with badass fights, which is what I came for. OMFG it's awesome.
Sicnarf24Mar 28, 2016 3:37 PM
Mar 28, 2016 3:33 PM

Apr 2015
Great "FC tanoshii" vibes, very solid 8/10 show.
I will see to bump it to a 9 if they fix the quality in BD.
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Mar 28, 2016 3:35 PM

Sep 2015
Inui and Irina and all the drama surrounding them was rather boring. They had such fake personalities. Not understanding the concept of 'fun' was just ridiculous.
I won't even bother touching on Asuka becoming a champion and being able to control her shoes just like that, lol.

4/10 overall. The matches were fun. Everything else was not.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Mar 28, 2016 3:57 PM

Aug 2015
Wow, if the entire series wasn't already the episode basically turned into a massive light show. It was awesome. :D
Mar 28, 2016 3:58 PM

Sep 2011
Was a fun show overall. I kinda expected some romance, but alas... nothing. Best episode out of all the episodes and the most visually appealing as well.

6/10.
Mar 28, 2016 4:27 PM

Aug 2015
Conax said:
still no romance?
2/10
I really hope that's not the reason for that low score.
Mar 28, 2016 4:34 PM

Nov 2012
5 stars flying together eh???
so.. the point of whole series is to promoting the VN
here comes the sequel too.
damn too much salt inside me
Mar 28, 2016 4:36 PM

Feb 2014
Rocksterrock said:
Predicting the ending rn:
Asuka gonna win
They gonna eat udon
Masaya still won't be the MC
The end

eh I was pretty much right, lol though it was pretty obvious.

Anyway I'll say it again, as an adaptation this show failed (at least thats what it looks like). As being a decent sports anime? Not bad imo. 6/10.

I know people are sad about no romance but judging by how the show went with the short time of 12 episodes, most likely even if they did incorporate it they would've just cock teased and had no romantic conclusion which would've been worse imo. That being said, cutting it out entirely was also pretty bullshit for a visual novel adaptation so idk, this show probably needed 24 episodes.
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Mar 28, 2016 4:42 PM

Apr 2015
I'll rewatched this again..... and then forget about it. 1/10 for effort of making the series.
#CHEXIT
Mar 28, 2016 5:05 PM

Aug 2013
And finally the final competition, the battle itself was even good, but the end where all are very honest and they are all happy already is very cliche, about the anime in general I really missed the romance, the closest a couple in my opinion was Asuka and Misaki, Masaya that would be the protagonist was in the background most of the time, well, I really hoped for quite novel, but the plot was quite simple and without much development, for those who like fictional sports can be a good anime to spend time ..
Mar 28, 2016 5:16 PM

Jan 2011
alright series nothing really bad about it nor was there anything noteworthy

should of dropped the romance tag since there was none to be found lol...and the MC as well because he felt more like a side character.

good finale, 6 sideboobs out of 10 also both the ED&OP were some of my favorites this season But Ray always makes me feel good.
Mar 28, 2016 5:59 PM

Dec 2013
As a Seishun Sports Comedy that focuses on camaraderie, overcoming setbacks and besting your own limits, this show did really well indeed to promote and portray all of these things. Whilst a bit more focus could have been placed on the mechanics of the Flying Circus, we really cannot complain all that much since this is pretty much a fictional sport, and I highly doubt the author intended for it to be too much more than a plot point from the outset.

I guess the more frustrating thing would be the lack of romance and connecting drama, especially since this was originally based on a romance-themed VN. Hence most viewers were probably thinking that part of the show should have been a given, which in the end it wasn't. The fact that Masaya could have been swapped with a female character, and nothing in the plot would have changed also attests to this: the MC was essentially NOT the MC, but just a Narrator in this story about a girls-centric school sports club. I guess building up a character like that in the pre-anime synopsis, only to see him drop to "villager B" status wasn't that well received, eh?

On the whole I personally found it an interesting watch, considering it's been a while since a non-mainstream sports themed show for girls was put out on the market (read: Not Basketball, Baseball, Volleyball or Swimming), so that in itself was a novelty. The lack of romance throughout, whilst deceiving (due to the tags and the original VN source) actually made sense here, simply because the focus wasn't on the alleged MC, but rather the girls of the show.

Visually I enjoyed the fights and the panoramic scenery, and the songs were pretty good as well.
8/10 for what it turned out to be, and not for what it was billed to be. Thoroughly enjoyed the show, despite the false advertisement. It wasn't until the very last ED montage that Masaya got over his issues with FC after all, and we didn't even get to see the development process for him much either.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 28, 2016 6:00 PM

Nov 2014
great final episode, that romance tag is so misleading

anyhow 7/10 for the series but the OP song is so good plus the insert song so 8/10
Mar 28, 2016 6:19 PM

Nov 2014
This finale was so much hype! That was great!
Balancers off, fantastic last game.
Congrats Asuka!

Hi there
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» English Visual Novel

OppaiSugoi - Oct 8, 2018

22 by OppaiSugoi »»
Jul 17, 2023 7:53 PM

» Anime season 2?

Felipe-10000 - Apr 1, 2023

4 by 5Reinheit »»
Apr 5, 2023 10:46 AM

» First this or VN?

Grontan - Feb 28, 2023

7 by Zedlin »»
Feb 28, 2023 9:00 PM

Poll: » Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2016

83 by iajsjjz91 »»
Aug 21, 2022 11:02 AM

Poll: » Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2016

77 by Guts-Valley »»
May 22, 2022 11:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.