Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Post New Reply
Poll: Diamond no Ace: Second Season Episode 51 Discussion

Apr 26, 2016 7:44 PM
Forum Moderator
Kanade♥

This show was amazing. S1 transition into S2 was great, and exceeded my expectations. Loved the OST and glad to see Coach Kataoka still here, though I think that's expected. I hope he stays even after the nationals (Unless the manga ends aftrer this whole tournament).

9/10.

May 23, 2016 7:11 PM
This episode make me cry a bit, I really feel sympathy for Yakushi, I think they are trying so hard to win, what we can do, Seido is the main club anyway.

GO YAKUSHI GO!

TODOROKI RAICHIII!!!!

Sep 9, 2016 2:04 PM
it ends :*( ,really liked the 3rd years(former) they will be missed,really liked them sadly they couldn't go all the way :*( ,i guess a looooong wait is expected now for the next season.Btw what about Jingu tournament that was in 10days after the final ?
Modified by vak47, Sep 9, 2016 2:24 PM

Sep 21, 2016 8:35 PM
I thought i wasn't going to cry, but when the coach started crying i couldn't hold it in. I even cried after seeing the ending picture. Hoping for a 3rd season!

Sep 27, 2016 6:14 AM
puppys23 said:
I thought i wasn't going to cry, but when the coach started crying i couldn't hold it in. I even cried after seeing the ending picture. Hoping for a 3rd season!
same here
3rd season osh osh osh !!!
Tyrel said:
This show was amazing. S1 transition into S2 was great, and exceeded my expectations. Loved the OST and glad to see Coach Kataoka still here, though I think that's expected. I hope he stays even after the nationals (Unless the manga ends aftrer this whole tournament).

9/10.
where to find out that ost?

Oct 28, 2016 4:10 AM

Furuya no Ace has a nice ring to it. Just kidding, ofc.

Gonna miss those 3rd years. Would've been nice to see them play in Koshien.

Nov 20, 2016 6:50 PM

lmfao so many feels. They might as well have won Koshien. xD

Did they adapt all of Act I in these two season?

Nov 24, 2016 3:55 AM
Mirorin said:

Story wise, yes. But there will be OVAs (3 or 4 i think) which covers the epilogue and aftermath of the game. The winter montage, Miyuki's injured and 3rd years graduation.

Nov 24, 2016 7:55 PM

Rio_Pascua said:
Mirorin said:

Story wise, yes. But there will be OVAs (3 or 4 i think) which covers the epilogue and aftermath of the game. The winter montage, Miyuki's injured and 3rd years graduation.

Thanks for the info!

Dec 27, 2016 7:16 AM
I can't wait for Season 3, hopefully it won't take too long to announce it.

Dec 27, 2016 11:28 PM
I can't wait for the second season! I really hope they release it soon.

Jan 20, 9:44 PM

Feel sorry for Yakushi (was rooting for them) but GG. The Coach crying and those words were a surprise, too bad the Captain and 2 Vice-Captains were in a taxi going to a place to get Miyuki treated and never saw it. But dam was expecting a higher toss for the Coach. In the end, Coach Ochiai offically becomes a coach (not sure if hes like the head or etc) along with BOSS! Hyped for Season 3 if it ever comes but gonna read the manga I guess some time later.

Mar 22, 6:59 PM

This anime was for me like feelings rollercoaster... Sadness, angry, joy, happiness all of this I could feel when I watched it. Bittersweet end, with Furuya taking all the glory, when he pitched only ONE inning and Kawakami and Sawamura were overshadowed once again. So shame and I am so sorry for them, especially Sawamura, because I love this happy, loud child. I wish he could pitch last inning too, because he was so great, but Kataoka needed to replace him to another injured player. I don't get it at all. It was reckless move of him, very. What will they do when Yakushi's batters will hit and they will score? Furuya could pitch only one inning and they didn't have any pitchers to go for another innings... So stupid and I'm so angry about this decision, but I kinda became accustomed to understimate Sawamura all this time. *sigh* I loved 47 episode when Miyuki and Sawamura formed powerful battery against Todoroki and Sanada. I love their battery and I feel sad when I saw how much Miyuki like Furuya's pitching and how much he trust him... What about Sawamura? Eh, but there's nothing to be done about it. Maybe Koushuu-Sawamura duo will be the kind of Miyuki-Sawamura battery like I wanted to be.

Still it was fun series and I will be waiting for another season. Now I need a little pause before I will read Act II of manga :)

Aug 8, 4:58 PM

This is and season 1
Made me
Cry
Cry
Cry
Cry
Cry
Cry

And I GIVE THIS A

Aug 31, 6:27 PM
Actrion said:
Best sport anime: 1. Hajime no Ippo, 2. Diamond no Ace, 3. Haikyuu!. Well deserved place in TOP3. Can't wait for Nationals to be animated.

you haven't watched ashita no joe and ping pong then. ashita no joe is boxing

Aug 31, 6:33 PM
MeinKaiser said:
Actrion said:
Best sport anime: 1. Hajime no Ippo, 2. Diamond no Ace, 3. Haikyuu!. Well deserved place in TOP3. Can't wait for Nationals to be animated.

hah.. pleb

1. SlamDunk
2. Eyeshield 21
3, Major

you are the pleb man. your choices are great but ping pong and ashita no joe are the best sports anime. diamond no ace> major in some ways

Oct 15, 2:59 PM

Coach <3
He reminds me of my father

Oct 20, 3:14 AM

Damn that was a good ending, just as the first season's ending, it was freakin hype! Miyuki was bae asf.

Season 2 was really good, however started becoming really annoying, predictable and repetitive in the second half. The few games prior to this big finale felt like they were just passing moments, even though quite a few episodes were spent on fleshing out the games it felt like they were lazily written, basically feels, flashback, more feels and flashbacks. The last game feels the same but the final moments were great, especially during the final inning when Seido was trying to score at least a run. Feel kinda bad for Yakushi, they're a favorite of mine and Raichi is such a cutie.

Would love to have a season 3, hopefully with better games at Koshien, the hype would be unreal. Sawamura and Furuya's rivalry has just begun, I don't ever want Furuya to be dethroned though, just because Sawamura is the main character. Furuya worked equally hard to get to where he is, it wasn't like Furuya was taking shortcuts, both of them have their own unique skills.

P.S. the ost is nothing short of amazing. Glad Kataoka stayed. Wanted Ochiai in too.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]