Forum Settings
Forums

Where to pick up the Hai to Gensou no Grimgar light novel after finishing the anime?

New
Mar 28, 2016 1:07 AM

Oct 2014
I was just wondering where to pick it up from a certain point or if it's better to read it from the beginning (for stuff the anime missed if any).
"I don't really get it, but sure whatever."

Mar 28, 2016 1:15 AM

Mar 2014
the anime adapted the first two volumes and rearranged events. it also cut out a scene from the beginning of volume 2 that was pretty cool but extraneous imo. the light novel expands on the world of grimgar better so if you wanna read from the beginning for the world building you should, if not just start from vol 3.
Apr 2, 2016 3:50 AM

Mar 2014
Simosis said:
I was just wondering where to pick it up from a certain point or if it's better to read it from the beginning (for stuff the anime missed if any).
You want to read the epilogue for volume 1, the first chapter of volume 2 and start reading from chapter 10 of volume 2 and onwards because that last third of volume 2 is really important for Ranta and the anime didn't do it that great, that part also has a huge foreshadowing bit for where they came from that the anime skipped and you want to read.
Also recommend reading the first 4 chapters of volume 1 (chapter 0 to 3) but they are just more for world building and give a bit more character to the other guys that came with them to the world (Renji and stuff) since the anime skipped that a bit.
Outside, you don't really need to read volume 1 at all (they changed some events around so you could read it if you want a different take on things) and while volume 2 isn't that required (outside of the things I said that you should read) the anime did skip around a bit but it's also no big deal.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Chapter 19 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Mar 22

0 by Zaphkiel_El_Rem »»
Mar 22, 8:42 PM

» Volume 3 review what do you like about it the most

Hello0809 - Nov 22, 2023

1 by Zirotaku »»
Feb 13, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Volume 17 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Jul 16, 2021

1 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 17, 2023 7:50 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Volume 15 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Aug 7, 2020

5 by dragon015 »»
Jan 18, 2023 3:15 AM

» Will it ever end?

Yuyu-haku-bro - Sep 11, 2021

5 by dragon015 »»
Jan 18, 2023 3:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.