Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 16, 2016 3:51 AM
Mar 2016
Can't wait for archer in this if they stick to the game that is.
Apr 16, 2016 11:27 AM

Sep 2014
Best caster is going to be animated

gg
Apr 16, 2016 6:27 PM

Aug 2014
Neither is particularly amazing
Apr 16, 2016 7:22 PM

Apr 2015
I honestly found both of them pretty fun ;< Red saber for her boisterous personality and *spoiler* backstory, and caster for having a sharp tongue and a rather sympathetic backstory.

I'd say can't we all just get along as most of us are just expressing our hopes about the character being used but then i remembered we're talking about waifus here... So I'll lower my request to "don't eat each others heads off".
Apr 19, 2016 9:10 PM

Oct 2012
I'm going to "umu" this so much xD
Shame caster isn't there to play kancolle.. oh wait
"Signature removed"
Sep 11, 2016 10:02 PM

Jun 2013
I hope Fate/Apocrypha will come after this show.
Sep 22, 2016 7:49 PM

Aug 2014
EmphaticPikachu said:
I honestly found both of them pretty fun ;< Red saber for her boisterous personality and *spoiler* backstory, and caster for having a sharp tongue and a rather sympathetic backstory.
What about Archer's backstory. How did you feel about that one?

I personally liked all three story lines. The gameplay with Caster however was more challenging than I would've liked. Same with Archer actually. The grinding may have affected my enjoyment of their storylines since I never had to do that with Saber.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Sep 24, 2016 7:23 PM

Apr 2015
MoonlightReverie said:
EmphaticPikachu said:
What about Archer's backstory. How did you feel about that one?

I personally liked all three story lines. The gameplay with Caster however was more challenging than I would've liked. Same with Archer actually. The grinding may have affected my enjoyment of their storylines since I never had to do that with Saber.

Within the context of that quote, i was responding generally to the contention between Caster and Saber arguments. I like archer too, its just, he's never going to get a part here. lol
Saber and Caster were made specifically for this game, and although there were differences between this archer and the uh... "other" one, it's generally similar enough that I don't think he'd ever get the spotlight here.
Oct 26, 2016 9:52 PM
Jul 2018
I am looking forward to this shaft! even though fate/stay night anime didnt hit me well--better watch FSN:UB before this comes out.
Oct 27, 2016 2:32 AM
Nov 2015
In a nutshell: I'll watch any Fate series without reading the synopsis. The idea is just awesome. Every Holy War is different from the others. Expecting a 10/10 anime :)
Nov 2, 2016 5:23 AM

Aug 2008
Shaftards gonna ruin Fate/ anyway... Let's see how Lay-duce will do with Fate/Grand Order's TV Special

http://anime.fate-go.jp/

My Anime Lists: AniDB & MAL
Nov 9, 2016 3:28 AM
Aug 2012
Probably a good deal worse than Shaft, all things considered.
Nov 14, 2016 12:39 AM

Jul 2007
nikolai131 said:
Shaftards gonna ruin Fate/ anyway... Let's see how Lay-duce will do with Fate/Grand Order's TV Special

> worse source material that has no story and borders on existing solely on pandering to otaku needs
> literally self insert protagonist
> Studio nobody heard about
> Mary Sue Boobs Shielder on the cover

Yeah, Shaft is safe.
Nov 20, 2016 6:09 AM

Dec 2007
I just hope for me it won't be Shinbou Akiyuki helming the show, as I am really burnt out of his style right now. I watched Zaregoto's first OVA, it was truly great, but his directing style which I've seen a lot over the years makes it feel much less fresh, and with it, less enjoyable right now.
Nov 21, 2016 11:33 AM

Jan 2014
As a Fate/Maniac I just cant help to not post something on Myanimelist.

ALL PRAISE NERO, my favorite saber waifu
Dec 7, 2016 8:29 AM

Jul 2007
The CM for some mobile game nonsense to promote extella nonsense:

Still most likely gives us nice idea of how Shaft-animated Nero will look.
Dec 31, 2016 6:46 AM

Sep 2014
Hakunon confirmed? *v*

The sun is a deadly laser
Dec 31, 2016 6:49 AM

Nov 2011
Winter 2017 (not the next season).
Dec 31, 2016 6:51 AM

Jul 2007
FEM MC.
FEM MC.
FEM MC AND RED SABER.
MUH YURI.

Based Shaft still has good taste in nasuverse adaptations. And from what can be seen in the PV this looks brilliant. Now time to hope that Nasu does not george lucas this to shit.
Dec 31, 2016 7:40 AM
Mar 2016
WHERE'S THE LINK TO THE PREVIEW? HAPPY NEW YEAR BTW
Dec 31, 2016 8:09 AM

Jun 2011
pv is up

Dec 31, 2016 8:30 AM

Jun 2016
Why is it that a lot of people are losing their shits about the female mc? sorry im only familiar with fsn
Dec 31, 2016 8:32 AM
Nov 2015
nikolai131 said:

Offend Shaft, offend me.
Dec 31, 2016 8:37 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014

''Next winter''

soooo ... Winter 2018 confirmed ?
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 31, 2016 8:51 AM

Dec 2007
DatRandomDude said:

''Next winter''

soooo ... Winter 2018 confirmed ?

Hakunon as the protag?!
This news is joy.

Also the trailer is magnificent.
Dec 31, 2016 9:26 AM

Apr 2016
Lol we get female MC great ! xD, but looks like not until 2018...
Dec 31, 2016 10:39 AM

Jul 2015
The5thColossus said:
Why is it that a lot of people are losing their shits about the female mc? sorry im only familiar with fsn

Maybe you can pick the gender of your character in the game idk.

The trailer looked legit af, why is SHAFT just so good?
BoiiiiiiiiiiDec 31, 2016 1:21 PM
Dec 31, 2016 10:41 AM

Jul 2007
The5thColossus said:

Because she has a WAY better design that fits lore more and yuri always better than more heteronormative stuff.
Dec 31, 2016 11:01 AM

Jun 2016
Fai said:
The5thColossus said:

Because she has a WAY better design that fits lore more and yuri always better than more heteronormative stuff.

I see, good point i guess. But does the game offer an alternate main character other than the female one (her name is Hakunon i guess)? Or i'm guessing the game lets you choose gender.
Dec 31, 2016 11:02 AM

Mar 2008
All very exciting until the point in that trailer that says next winter. That's not a 2017 anime...that's 2018!

Guess I might as well shelve the anticipation then. At least until next Christmas.

Not a bad move to go with the female protag. Doesn't make a big difference. You could pick male or female for the MC so...it's not wrong to pick the female MC. Though I did think they would go with the standard male lead.
Dec 31, 2016 11:05 AM

Jun 2016
BlueBalls said:
The5thColossus said:

Maybe you can pick the gender of your character in the game idk.

The trailer looked legit af, why is SAFT just so good?

That's what i also thought but i'm not so sure. Also, Shaft working on this one is quite surprising.
Dec 31, 2016 12:04 PM

Jul 2012
It better be this season. You can't say next Winter when you said 2017 unless it's actually next season. D:
If not I'll have to listen to Nero's voice clips every night on FGO.
Dec 31, 2016 12:41 PM

Apr 2015
FEM HAKUNO <3

YAAAS. Wat a new years

That "are you my master" Parallel with the original fsn is...quite unnerving, but awesome at the same time. Quite interested in seeing how thisll turn out now.
Dec 31, 2016 12:55 PM

Nov 2015
It's quite funny that when I read a... let's say... "aggressive" comment in a fate forum on MAL, it's always made by Fai or involving him xD

It always makes me laugh for some reason.
Dec 31, 2016 6:42 PM

Mar 2014
HumbertoZero said:
It's quite funny that when I read a... let's say... "aggressive" comment in a fate forum on MAL, it's always made by Fai or involving him xD

It always makes me laugh for some reason.

Fai is like the soul of Fate's MAL...
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Dec 31, 2016 7:04 PM
Jul 2018
Finally could get to see the PV for this. I actually love the visuals honestly. I have some few shots which I want to compile around but I do like the style to it.
Dec 31, 2016 9:42 PM

Apr 2015
Don't mean to be the bringer of bad (or perhaps good news to some) but there's a quirk in the newest PV thats very uh, well...
points to the fact that the Male MC exists, and may in fact be Nero's Master. The eyes at the end can't be fem Hakuno's, and there is no other relevant game character with golden eyes like that. It is male Hakuno's look and nothing else. So that means both exist?

It looks like this adaption is retroactively creating the different Extra backstories that Nasu made for the Extella servants. Most importantly, we're going to see a lot of Hakunos. _A lot._

Take that information however you all want. Personally I'm disappointed about potentially having Yuri Snubbed out of me, but it won't ruin it for me. Im quite curious how Nasu is going to tie together these rewrites, or what he might change ontop of it, and the story is still good regardless, the theme of loneliness near death is super on stage here as it makes a stronger parallel and connection between whichever Hakuno is the MC and Nero.
Jan 1, 2017 12:58 AM

May 2014
Yuri? YES!
Winter 2018? NO!
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jan 1, 2017 1:34 AM

Jul 2007
EmphaticPikachu said:
Don't mean to be the bringer of bad (or perhaps good news to some) but there's a quirk in the newest PV thats very uh, well...
points to the fact that the Male MC exists, and may in fact be Nero's Master. The eyes at the end can't be fem Hakuno's, and there is no other relevant game character with golden eyes like that. It is male Hakuno's look and nothing else. So that means both exist?

FUCK NO.FUCKNO.FUCKNO.

It looks like this adaption is retroactively creating the different Extra backstories that Nasu made for the Extella servants. Most importantly, we're going to see a lot of Hakunos. _A lot._

If this gets tied in anyway to Extella timeline it will literally kill all the hype. NOPE.

Just do proper F/E and F/E CCC adaptation while altering and fixing the more grindy shit in those games. Extella is separate timeline from Extra and it should stay there with
Jan 1, 2017 3:34 AM

Nov 2011
I think I've watched the PV a dozen times to try to make out what is going on. At first, I was so hyped about female Hakuno but then I watched it all the way through and saw male Hakuno's eyes. :s Even though the reviving skeleton looks very feminine, it could just be the art though.

But, it seems like it will be based off of Nasu's Extella Zero idea. I have some theories though if male Hakuno is the protagonist:

But yeah, I'm also hoping it's not based off of the events leading up to Extella and something a little fresher.
khioneJan 1, 2017 3:47 AM
Jan 1, 2017 4:05 AM
Mar 2016
I'm not sure why nobody has mentioned this yet about the "male MC eyes" at the end, but they used the exact same shape for the eyes for the Fate Extra CCC opening and I think those were Sakura and Rin's eyes. Just saying, I'm not fully convinced that those are Male MC's eyes, but I'm still being cautiously pessimistic. Plus it would sting fairly hard if it would be Male MC since everywhere I've checked people were ecstatic (almost aggressively so) that it was FeMC this time around, especially after that whole Fate/GO animation. This is becoming dangerously close to bait if they showed Female Hakuno and have it male after all in the end.
Jan 1, 2017 4:25 AM

Mar 2012
The PV looks too good for the second worst Fate work after Prisma tbh.
But Shaft made even such a horrible show like Nisekoi entertaining.
Didn't expect I would say that, but I'm looking forward to it.

Jan 1, 2017 4:26 AM

Nov 2011
LumberingCrane said:
I'm not sure why nobody has mentioned this yet about the "male MC eyes" at the end, but they used the exact same shape for the eyes for the Fate Extra CCC opening and I think those were Sakura and Rin's eyes. Just saying, I'm not fully convinced that those are Male MC's eyes, but I'm still being cautiously pessimistic. Plus it would sting fairly hard if it would be Male MC since everywhere I've checked people were ecstatic (almost aggressively so) that it was FeMC this time around, especially after that whole Fate/GO animation. This is becoming dangerously close to bait if they showed Female Hakuno and have it male after all in the end.

I really really agree with you. I want fem!Hakuno to star in Last Encore for a variety of reasons, such as the male protagonist always taking spot-light (FGO, Ayaka in Prototype was scrapped for Shirou in FSN) and my undying love for her. But, unless it's a new character, it can only be male Hakuno since no other character in Extra/CCC has those eyes. Here's a comparison i made with Shaft's OP design for CCC: http://imgur.com/a/FqO7N

Plus, this is based from the same game that had you first play
Jan 1, 2017 4:39 AM
Mar 2016
I see your point, but Fate/Extra already announced beforehand that it would have two protagonists. I also agree with you on the eyes, I'm just saying that it might not be 100% male hakuno's eyes since they used the same kind of eyes for female characters in the past.

I also don't see how it's a good move to show Female Hakuno and then revealing it to be male considering how starved Fate is for female master protagonists. Is the starvation for a female master protagonist in Fate only exclusive to the west? I think not, considering female hakuno is far ahead of male hakuno in popularity polls. Seriously, they released an ova for fate/prototype years ago and now we get a fate/apocrypha anime even before that one. I just...
Jan 1, 2017 5:26 AM

Nov 2011
The eyes in CCC's OP were still larger in size and pupil as compared to the pair in the second PV though.

I don't think it's a good move either because, man I was so hyped when I first watched the PV and then got deflated really fast. But, with the tone of the PV, Shaft is trying to be incredibly mysterious about it (I'm also surprised with how spooky it is compared to the source).

I also realized: the two skeletons are entirely different. Female Hakuno gets almost deleted and is saved by the gold light. The ending revival shows her half-deleted state being reformed. The skeleton Nero talks to is fully formed.

Now, a really awful move would be to make female Hakuno the Extra antagonist in place of the original, due to the dark things reviving her, then I'd be more upset, haha.
Jan 1, 2017 5:48 AM
Mar 2016
Sigh, I'll just take it at face value for now. Hakuno gets deleted, turns into a skellington, nero drops down and asks skeletor if she's her master, she gets reformed in the end (that figure looks feminine). Honestly all these people talking about Extella/Zero just decided to pop up as a reaction to this trailer. All that dark purple stuff is just copied from the deletion effect from the game.

I really like though how cautious everyone is lol. Everyone seems to have this feeling that this is too good to be true, and that it's easier to believe that this is bait rather than her and Nero being the pair for the anime since this kind of pairing is unprecedented.
Jan 1, 2017 6:34 AM

Nov 2011
LumberingCrane said:
Sigh, I'll just take it at face value for now. Hakuno gets deleted, turns into a skellington, nero drops down and asks skeletor if she's her master, she gets reformed in the end (that figure looks feminine).

You gave me quite a good laugh haha. Skeletor confirmed for Nero's master.

The feminine figure is female Hakuno being reformed after almost being deleted, by whoever or whatever the golden light is. I certain hopes for things, but it might not turn out that way...well we'll find out more with PV3. I'm excited to finally hear female Hakuno's voice!
khioneJan 1, 2017 9:40 AM
Jan 1, 2017 7:20 AM

Jul 2007
There's a STRONG difference between a "fake-out prologue" with random character and marketing your show by baiting a female protagonist only to fridge her for sake of male choice. VERY different implications and problematic nature. It would be REALLY hard to defend Nasu against claims of misogyny and sexism then.

Also Fate/Extella is called Fate/Extella and not Fate/Extra Extella for a reason. They are entirely separate franchises and entirely separate(thankfully) timelines.
This is called Fate/EXTRA for a reason. Promoting this as Fate/Extra only to bait it out into Extella prequel would be deceptive marketing plain and simple. People do not want to see what led to Fate Mass Extelffect 3. People come to "Fate/Extra adaptation" with expectations of seeing a Fate/Extra story tweaked for tv format(as in without grind or repetitiveness)
Jan 1, 2017 8:05 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Why are people assuming that this is dropping in 2018?

This was announced on the 31st of December 2016 and for them to say that this will be airing "this winter" would be false because the Winter Anime season doesn't start until January, thus the term "this winter" would = Winter 2016, hence why the promo said "Next Winter" which would mean Winter 2017

I'm pretty sure they announced that this will be dropping in 2017 a while ago anyway
Jan 1, 2017 8:20 AM
Jul 2018
Tokoya said:
Why are people assuming that this is dropping in 2018?

This was announced on the 31st of December 2016 and for them to say that this will be airing "this winter" would be false because the Winter Anime season doesn't start until January, thus the term "this winter" would = Winter 2016, hence why the promo said "Next Winter" which would mean Winter 2017

I'm pretty sure they announced that this will be dropping in 2017 a while ago anyway

Shaft schedule is pretty much packed, they even delayed zaregoto by one month so yeah you can expect that.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

118 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

210 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

221 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

63 by SomeDudeOverHere »»
Apr 12, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

72 by Selleri_UmU »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.