Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 1, 2016 2:57 PM

Jun 2013
This was a mediocre show. The scenario seems interesting but the plot is boring as there is a lot of information. The comedy and fanservice does not help either. I mainly watched it for the object mecha battles which were a little disappointing since Quenser and Hevia did most of the work while the inferior Princess made the kill and no real battle took place apart from some skirmishes.

As for the characters they are quite generic and lame. I found Hevia's character to be annoying and obnoxious from the start. The Princess on the other hand is pretty useless without the duo's help and insignificant for most of the episodes. I found other characters like Ohhoho, Charlotte and even Froletiya to be far more interesting and somewhat developed then the main characters.

In short, it was a waste of time. 5/10
May 8, 2016 4:44 AM

Jun 2011
Too much time spent on the battle! Crazy how the fanservice gone from being the detractor to being one of the things I actually find enjoyable about the series by the end. I swear, this feel like a non-stop action, action, and more action. I really wish that there was more outside of the battle, something more to actually characterize the 2 main characters outside of 'we can take down Objects, we are perverts'. It's just weird that it's all non-stop action for these 2 guys, it can't be that this happens to those guys on daily basis, right?

Due to the lack of.. non-battle scenes, daily life interaction between the main characters and other characters such as the fiancee of Havia, as the series went on, I just somehow stop caring about anything that went on on screen, I mean, there's not much reason to care. If there's anything remotely resemblance of a plot, that would be great, but nah, it's one battle after the other. It may have been because I've been half asleep watching this show, I don't even know the reason behind their 'war'.

This could have been so much more enjoyable if there was a cohesive plot for all that have happened, and there's more characterization and development for the characters. I wish there was more of Havia too outside of him being just a pervert while already having a fiance which he apparently loves. The series started with it having 2 main characters/protagonists, but somewhere along the road the author just decided to drop Havia and focus only on our blond savior, which imo is the less interesting one between the two.

Oh well, really disappointed that this came from Toaru author, I expected a lot more.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 9, 2016 11:39 AM

Sep 2013
Qwenther got rekt, but they destroy the baby magnum by making the inside into glass XD
The princess is saved and everyone is happy for now 8/10
May 12, 2016 8:54 AM
Nov 2010
It was pretty good for a show of its kind, especially compared to what's made nowadays. There were some inconsistencies, especially approaching the end, but the characters and overall production were quite fine.
May 17, 2016 12:21 PM

Apr 2012
So after all the stuff he does, all that matters is what the princess does? Without him, even with her object the princess would have never gotten this far. The gender war symbolism is strong with this anime & it's strongest with this aspect, no matter what a man does it doesn't matter nearly as much as what little a woman does. Someones clearly sucking up the the feminists. If there wasn't so much of this attitude throughout the show it would have gotten a higher score, but it's been two steps forward three steps back.

In the ending credits can be seen the two main characters holding the womens bags while the women get the spotlight and center stage, a perfect sum up of the show. Lame.
Orochimaru9May 17, 2016 12:25 PM
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
May 18, 2016 4:45 PM

Dec 2008
How did this get a global score of 7.43? Even for mindless entertainment this show was still bad. 4/10
May 30, 2016 3:12 PM

Apr 2012
the usual bland ending hope there is a season 2
Jun 3, 2016 12:20 PM

May 2012
So much for that ending... while pretty intense it didn't really feel like a final episode at all and just a generic episode in the middle of the series or something.

That said I do need to say that these couple last episodes were a lot better than the start of this anime as that was quite lacking in my opinion.

All in all this was a pretty average anime.
Jul 18, 2016 2:31 PM

Apr 2009
Great tits but I would rather have a filler Index/Railgun movie than another season of this. I found it really hard to suspend my disbelief for most of the show.

5/10

ps. Why didn't they just cut the damned wire or destroy the transmission tower as soon as reaching it?
Aug 5, 2016 12:47 AM

Mar 2012
So this show stars two main characters and it doesn't at the same time. It started off basically giving Havia and Qwenthur equal focal points and then as it got closer to the middle the show shifted more about Qwenthur and basically started ignoring Havia was even a main character like the writer wanted a do-over because they found more writing material in Qwenthur instead. Then we start making Qwenthur a harem cus, you know, why the fuck not right?

The Princess is a very pointless character overall, adds nothing of value to the show except to finish off foes while not being able to stand on her own two feet herself.

I originally thought it was a cool Metal Gear inspired show, but man...that went down the drain pretty quickly.

For the sanity of mechas everywhere I really hope this does not get a sequel, so many better deserving animes out there than this pile of crap.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Sep 13, 2016 1:28 AM

Sep 2014
Decent show, good combat but I didn;t really like the way it was divided up into lots of small self contained arcs. 6/10
Oct 2, 2016 1:57 PM

Feb 2010
7/10 for introducing Frolaytia into our lives :)

Dec 6, 2016 10:35 PM

Mar 2015
Lesson learned. Fried chicken should have been killed on the spot when they encountered him from previous mission.

This show should added a SOL episode for once for a break from battle. I wanted to see a date between Qwen and Milinda for whole episode but it was shown just only for ED sequence :/

3.5/5

Overall: 7/10
Jan 10, 2017 3:36 AM
May 2009
The part where Melinda was slowly approaching Qwenthur from her parachute.
I was still part expecting it to be a bad end where she gets taken out by sniper fire.
So glad nothing bad happened.

The Series was overall very good.
Each arc was gripping in its own way.
And pretty much the entire cast was interesting.
Aug 6, 2017 1:01 PM

Apr 2016
I'm going to miss Ohoho and Titan Tits
Sweet ending ♥
Overall awesome CG on action scenes
Good fanservice

8/10
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Oct 25, 2017 6:43 PM
Mar 2017

We did not know anything else about the daughter, from the noble family her father saved.

7.5 / 10, it deserves it, it is not like those animes where the comedy is cliche and has no originality.
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Feb 19, 2018 12:58 PM

Dec 2008
I tried watching it once a few years back, didnt like it...then came back to it last month, and it just kept getting stale. No real depth, tried too hard, and the cuck was real with the beta males in the show. 5/10, not bad, but not good either.
Apr 7, 2018 2:14 PM

Jul 2009
Surprisingly fun simple to digest watch. Wish their was more but it was 24 eps so I can't complain that much. Sad certain thing wont get the chance to flesh out
Jul 2, 2019 2:03 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
this anime actually ended up being a lot more enjoyable than I thought.

Very entertaining action
cancer military
sexual humor
fun dialogues.

Me like.

Gotta say... existence of Elites is damn depressing.. considering how they can be controlled..
Sep 18, 2019 1:37 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty boring ending to be honest, expected a bit more.... just more I guess? Show started off quite well, but repeated the same formula over and over again. Also the characters became quite cliche along the way, there wasn't really anyone I was rooting for. Overall quite meh. 4/10
Sep 26, 2020 3:46 AM

May 2018
Hello from 2020, the time when I just found out about this anime through on of regional anime stream channel.

At first, I actually a bit annoyed by how the fanservice was too much, I mean this series actually has a good foundation even without shows too much oppai and pervert things. But the two main MC guys are steal my attention. It's actually rare (at least for me) to see a couples that looks like MC from hollywood movie in anime.

I'm actually surprised that the MC isn't Milinda and her Object, but instead telling about the action of Qwenthur and Havia, but yeah that's also a plus one. Seeing many smart tactics from Qwenthur and a accompanies by best friend like Havia, made me just like watching an animated version of Macgyver.

Overall, just wow, where I go along this time that I never found out about this anime.

8/10
Feb 9, 2021 5:26 PM
Apr 2020
good ending, although in the end Qwenthur didn't notice Milinda's feelings.
Feb 19, 2021 4:07 PM

May 2017
Good ending , finaly something for the main girl !

At first i wanted to give this anime 8, almost 9 , but theres a big wrong thing that cant be accepted ! So 6/10

First they include fanservice and other things , its a good thing to me , it link the mc to the main girl

But then...

Second the ohohoh girl come , some jealousy , but they could just have a fight outside of war object

Third , well so many girls , their story with mc doesnt go far

4th it seems something hapened but we couldnt see it , noticed that many times

5th main girl doesnt get jealous for anything , or at least we cant see it

But the worst thing , the idol girl was in anime to see the mc , but she couldnt , nothing more , shes been made for that and yet she cant , i would give this thing a 2 if story wasnt that good

Will probably never watch it again , except if theres a 2nd season or ova
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Nov 25, 2021 7:32 AM

Apr 2020
I came across the characters through Dengeki where they are really cool there and went to check out the anime and I got disappointed...
I expected a serious military anime with mechas and I got teens getting cucked by their hot boss.
This anime should have the ecchi tag. 5/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Dec 22, 2021 2:12 PM

May 2008
I just finished Heavy Object and man, that was hard. First of all I had to believe that 50,000 ton balls of metal could float above the surface of the water, that they could fire thousands of rounds a minute and never eject a spent shell and could carry enough ammo to support that rate of fire, and when on land they could find a big enough open field to scoot around in.

Now if they had shown the heavy object crushing towns and villages just positioning to shoot, that would have been something.

My biggest complaint is that they talked so fast! I'm not a speed reader so I had to keep my thumb on the pause button and had to rewind a bit just to find out which McGuffin they were talking about.

The characters were interesting, and it was hilarious when they find out the boobs they were drooling over was CGI. The McGuffins and quandry solutions were far fetched but plausable, I really liked the ending, it was sweet. If the characters would have talked slower this would have been a pretty good Animme
Jul 7, 2023 9:27 AM

Nov 2010
These Objects are so ineptly designed that they can be beaten in such a manner.
When Frolaytia said she was sweating bullets, I wanted to lick every inch of her body while I screwed her from behind!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

61 by MxS7HGS »»
Jul 7, 2023 8:30 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

48 by MxS7HGS »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

65 by MxS7HGS »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2016

56 by MxS7HGS »»
Jul 4, 2023 12:22 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2016

61 by MxS7HGS »»
Jul 4, 2023 11:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.