Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: ObiYuki or ZenYuki

Mar 25, 2016 7:29 AM

Might as well make this topic now.

So which do you prefer? I'm okay with both, but I might like ObiYuki a bit more.

Mar 25, 2016 7:34 AM

Zen and Shirayuki.

Though my most favourite pairing is Kiki and Mitsuhide.

Mar 25, 2016 7:39 AM

Euphemistic said:
Though my most favourite pairing is Kiki and Mitsuhide.

I agree, they are more interesting to observe.

Mar 26, 2016 11:43 AM
If Zen didn't exist, I would ship Shirayuki with Obi. Obi would definitely treasure her (not that Zen wouldn't of course) and I like their interactions.

Mar 28, 2016 2:16 PM
I ship Shirayuki with Obi completely.

Mar 28, 2016 4:18 PM

I am all about Obi and Shirayuki. I just adore Obi in general and my love for him is why I didn't drop the show; though, regardless of my excessive love for Obi, I think Obi and Shirayuki would make a much more interesting couple than Zen and Shirayuki.

P.S. I, too, quite like Kiki and Mitsuhide.

Mar 29, 2016 7:15 PM
ObixYuki all the most!
If you're a professional shoujo manga reader you should have known whom the heroine should be with.
Not always the main heroine will end up with the main hero or her first love (once again if you are a shoujo manga reader)

As for example: B wanted!, Akatsuki no Yona, Hirunaka no Ryuusei, Moekare!, and such...

At first, I was really the ZenxYuki group, but after reading the manga, it really turned me up 180 degree. I'm a manga reader after all.
No hate at all for Zen, but I just observe the best match ;)
Cheers~

Mar 29, 2016 7:24 PM
Izana x Shirayuki is the only real answer, come on

Obi x Zen ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mar 29, 2016 9:04 PM

Ichiko23 said:
ObixYuki all the most!
If you're a professional shoujo manga reader you should have known whom the heroine should be with.
Not always the main heroine will end up with the main hero or her first love (once again if you are a shoujo manga reader)

As for example: B wanted!, Akatsuki no Yona, Hirunaka no Ryuusei, Moekare!, and such...

At first, I was really the ZenxYuki group, but after reading the manga, it really turned me up 180 degree. I'm a manga reader after all.
Cheers~

If you have, in fact, read the manga, then you'll know you're rooting against the inevitable.

Mar 29, 2016 9:55 PM

I like Obi more than Zen, and ObiYuki would make an interesting couple imo.

Unfortunately, it's almost impossible cause Zen is the main hero and Shirayuki loves Zen.
Ichiko23 said:
ObixYuki all the most!

Cheers~

I'll catch up to the manga for sure to see Obi. Still, no matter how amazing Obi is, imo how the story built up from first chapters will still lead to ZenxYuki. It's sad for us ObiYuki fans.

Mar 29, 2016 11:54 PM

ObiYuki is really the one for me, if that happened this will be the best of all XD
but im fine with ZenYuki, i dont hate him, his a nice person,
just Obi beat him in interesting personality :D

Apr 2, 2016 3:52 AM
ZenYuki all the way. And thankfully it's building to an ending on ZenYuki. If it changes to obiYuki I'll be annoyed haha but I'm just shipping for ZenYuki obviously

Apr 2, 2016 4:06 AM

Obi for sure, he's best boy.

RIP though, I'm guessing the manga stays with Zen x Shirayuki, right?

Apr 2, 2016 7:06 AM

FunkyNano said:
Obi for sure, he's best boy.

RIP though, I'm guessing the manga stays with Zen x Shirayuki, right?

Basically. The harem aspects only decrease as the manga continues.

Apr 4, 2016 7:10 PM

Zen and Shirayuki of course. Shirayuki is only romantically interested in one guy and that's Zen. Her goal to become a royal herbalist was to support Zen. Otherwise, she could have chosen to become a herbalist outside the palace. The path that she is taking right now leads directly to Zen's side.

What I like about her character is that she is steadfast and loyal. She would also come off as wishy washy if she were to suddenly change her mind/heart especially since her position is more complicated now particularly since Izana has now become an ally for her and Zen. Taking off with Obi or betraying the trust of the others would not be something that Shirayuki would do. Fortunately that is far from possible considering that both Zen and Shirayuki are dedicated to each other even when they are separated for months.

Also, if you take into consideration the setting of the story with its royalty and nobles, how Shirayuki conducts herself is very important. She's not a noble so she has to work harder to achieve her goal of supporting Zen at his side. If any rumor get out about any untoward conduct, it will be a problem for her and Zen. This is brought out in the manga when Izana warns Zen not to have any shenanigans when he moves Shirayuki into the castle in a private wing with Kiki, Mitsu and Obi. I have to laugh how Izana acts more like Zen's father than his brother. But in any case, Shirayuki knows her heart and I'm glad to see her grow on her path to becoming a well known royal pharmacist.
Modified by Taylor_elle, Apr 4, 2016 7:22 PM

Apr 14, 2016 11:55 PM
Obi x Shirayuki, because Zen is nice, but Obi... there's something about the way he notices and appreciates things. Zen as a character is not as well developed imo, they spend more time developing Obi's personality even if he has less back story. Also, who doesn't want to root for the underdog?

Apr 15, 2016 12:11 AM

Obi and Yuki all the way! No offence but I think Zen and Shirayuki make a boring couple

Apr 15, 2016 12:12 AM

B-Czar said:
Obi x Shirayuki, because Zen is nice, but Obi... there's something about the way he notices and appreciates things. Zen as a character is not as well developed imo, they spend more time developing Obi's personality even if he has less back story. Also, who doesn't want to root for the underdog?
Yes, I also tend to always root for the 'losing' team

Apr 17, 2016 6:09 AM

I REALLY like both, since Obi grew on me as a character in Season 2. But I'm a proud shipper of ZenYuki. They're just so cute together. :3

Oct 14, 2016 2:17 PM
ObIYuki. Zen is too boring for Yuki.

Jun 29, 2:04 PM
At the beginning(like the first few episodes), I was shipping ZenYuki, but now that I have watched both seasons, I'm definetely leaning towards ObiYuki. At the beginning it was obvious that Zen was going to be the main hero of the story, and Shirayuki was going to love him, but frankly, I think that ObiYuki makes a more interesting couple. Also, Shirayuki has been aiming to be a Court Herbalist most of her life, and being the princess of Clarines is probably gonna change her role as a herbalist. Meanwhile, if she becomes a couple with Obi, then she can easily keep her title as a herbalist because Obi doesn't have much social standings publicly, so statistically, ObiYuki is a better ship. Also, this was address in the first season, Shirayuki would easily get judged on for being married to the prince, since she had no social standing before even meeting him, so the relationship wouldn't work out well.

And therefore, I'm a proud ObiYuki shipper.

Aug 5, 8:37 PM

Zen easily for me. I am in the few that actually like him better than Obi solely as a character people always tend to favor the other charries over the Mains and especially the more out there sorta personalty's more like Obis than the like more cool,serious ones of Zen but it's refreshing for me to see an anime/manga that isn't afraid to have a straight up normal and realistic charrie instead of force feeding all super out there wild personality ones. That is one of the main things I like about her and Zen as a couple don't have tons of time and episodes of bullshit filler etc because there is no unnecessary bickering or either of them doing stupid actions that no human with an iq of over 35 would do. Just a sweet cute normal for anime standards couple.

Also like someone mentioned earlier Im usually pretty steadfast and lock on to a pairing I like and really want it and tho I much prefer Zen and her this is one of the few where I wouldn't be extremely annoyed and upset with it I just fill it wouldn't fit. Obi is cool and I do like him alot and his different interactions with her are nice to see but I just feel similar to how someone mentioned above before it just wouldn't fit her charrie to switch to Obi after all this and how shes been. On Obis part it's fine and makes sense to go for her but with her it would be very very wishy washy and unloyal for lack of a better word and very out of charrie for her.

I see her and Obi as more like a good friends type with Obi having a bit of a crush on her and caring but more a really close friend type caring with a slight crush and her seeing Obi just as a good friend. While I see her and Zen more as actually romantically attracted to each other and in love. Aside from it leaving a bad taste in the mouth if she pulled it switching lets also not forget Zen considers Obi very close and he supposedly him so that would be pretty shady even if for the right reason on Obis part if they did it. For example imagine if you can your are fully and not just this day and age fake love in full on live die for them love with someone and been with them and think they love you the same way and they have said they do and then one of your best friends you consider very close and trusted to let around her alot suddenly goes for her and she gets with him. It would just leave a foul taste in my mouth a bit for Obis charrie and quite a bit for her charrie if it happened.

~"Your kingdom has turned to a boneyard the look on your face as you leave you had the world right at your feet."~

Sep 3, 11:08 PM
Hey there can u help to tell which chapter shoul i read after end of anime.. im confused though i couldn't find.. i jz finish it a few days ago n i think i must read the continuation.. thx afterall.. plz reply my post

Oct 27, 5:16 PM
I am not really a manga reader and I don't know a lot about manga but one thing for sure is that the anime and manga have a lot of differences.
Well anyways I would've liked if Shirayuki would end with Obi. It's not like I hate Zen something but Obi looks more respectful and more protective. Since Zen is a prince and has a lot of duties I have seen that Shirayuki and Obi spent some time together.
"The strong one doesn’t win, the one who wins is strong." By Shinichi Kudo.

Oct 27, 5:18 PM

ObiYuki all day, everyday

Nov 7, 7:39 PM

ZenYuki, there interactions are very heart warming and clearly she only feels romantic toward Zen. I don't even know why people ship her and Obi, nothing will ever happen with that. I like Zen as a character a bit more as well, Obi is still a solid character though.