Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 25, 2016 8:30 AM

Jul 2014
Goddamn it. I hate it when good shows don't get renewed for new seasons, but stupid shit like FLCL does.

Well, hopefully they can create something of actual quality this time.

CondemneDio said:
Pardon me, I'm going to throw up for a minute...

There... I have one question: WHY?

Because God is dead, and we killed him.
D-ohnutsMar 25, 2016 8:34 AM
Mar 25, 2016 9:15 AM

Jul 2014
Hmm...
*reads comments*

Yikes.

*scrolls back up*
Mar 25, 2016 9:57 AM

Jul 2012
There are a lot of old shows that could have new stories to be told.
FLCL had a very fitting and final ending. It is not one of those shows.

I agree that FLCL has very good and fitting ending. I'm hyped mostly because with what the upcoming season has and the new announcements i don't even know if i will watch anything and will it even be at least a bit good.Playing the waiting game with eva and kizu, and it makes me sad. Small offtopic for Index announcement =/
Mar 25, 2016 11:54 AM

Aug 2012
As long as it will have the epic music.
Mar 25, 2016 1:07 PM

Oct 2014
Oh shit! Never thought I'd see this as an announcement.
Hella skeptical, but I'll gladly welcome it.
Enjoyed the original FLCL loads.
Glad the animation studio will be Production I.G.
Mar 25, 2016 1:18 PM

Jun 2013
Ehh, nobody asked for this. IG is good but can they gainax?

What's up with IG tho. First that Netflix anime, now this. Time will tell if IG's attempt to appeal to global market will bear any fruit.
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Mar 25, 2016 4:31 PM

Oct 2010
Please don't let it be another nightmare along the lines of IGPX/
Mar 25, 2016 7:41 PM

Aug 2010
Well that was random as fuck. Might watch regardless in case it ends up not being awful.
Mar 26, 2016 12:08 AM

Feb 2009
one of my all time favorite animu,
what is this gaijin shite though?

I want to know where the fuck my Index/Railgun sequel is? why can't we get a sequel to Samurai Champloo or a remake of trigun? I could list 50 animu I'd rather have extended.

FLCL was a masterpiece that cannot be improved, largely because it was so short and sweet.
Mar 26, 2016 1:45 AM

Jul 2015
Marthgun said:
FLCL was a masterpiece that cannot be improved, largely because it was so short and sweet.

As far as I know, they're not trying to improve the original, it's not the fucking Eva Rebuilds, they just want to do 12 episodes in the same universe with a different MC...
Mar 26, 2016 3:26 AM
Oct 2014
kitsune0 said:
No-Look_Kuroko said:
Blasphemy.

Greatest anime OST ever. Long live the Pillows
Don't you worry, it's just your nostalgia talking. You'll get over it when you grow up.
The Pillows are good band, Thank you, my twilight, for example, is a brilliant masterpiece, but still.

I wish I could feel nostalgia like you 80s kids. I only learned about the Pillows from watching FLCL for the first time about a year or so ago at the age of 20. Sadly, I wasn't allowed to watch Adult Swim back in the day =(

At any rate, the Pillows have been my favorite pandora station since then. They're one of the few foreign music groups I listen to. I stand by my statement, now and forever, long live the Pillows!
"The only thing I still write is a list of people I'll never forgive" - Hikigaya 8man
Mar 26, 2016 3:52 AM

Sep 2010
No-Look_Kuroko said:
I wish I could feel nostalgia like you 80s kids. I only learned about the Pillows from watching FLCL for the first time about a year or so ago at the age of 20. Sadly, I wasn't allowed to watch Adult Swim back in the day =(

At any rate, the Pillows have been my favorite pandora station since then. They're one of the few foreign music groups I listen to. I stand by my statement, now and forever, long live the Pillows!
You totally miss the point.
1st, nostalgia is irrelevant to passed years or your age. 2nd, I never said that The Pillows are bad, on the contrary, I said that they are good.
0h, and have no fucking idea what Adult Swim is.
Well, actually I have, but only the idea - it wasn't available in my country when I started watching anime, and I'm not sure it is available now, too lazy to check.

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
Mar 26, 2016 5:21 AM

Jul 2007
Clebardman said:
Marthgun said:

As far as I know, they're not trying to improve the original, it's not the fucking Eva Rebuilds, they just want to do 12 episodes in the same universe with a different MC...

IF you knew anything about the themes of the show and what they mean, you would know that doing that largely goes against the very core of the show.
Hell, the synopsis already misses the point of the show.

AhenshihaelMar 26, 2016 5:24 AM
Mar 26, 2016 10:35 AM

Jul 2015
@Fai Yeah, thx Captain Obvious, but you know, Kill la Kill and Utena are doing the exact same thing and they're all in my favorites.

I just don't see how using the same universe goes against everything that FLCL stands for. The original's plot is just an excuse to animate cool stuff and explore the themes of the show through symbolism. All we know right now is that we'll get 4 hours of anime by Studio I.G. with a decent staff, and Haruko will be back. I really don't know why you're all whining.

This thread is almost worse than the Video Games subforum lol. So many butthurt people.
Mar 26, 2016 10:42 AM

Jul 2013
I hope The Pillows does their soundtrack again.

I'm most certain this sequel wouldn't be generally accepted from all the whining I've read here.
Mar 26, 2016 10:50 AM

May 2015
the reasons the original was so amazing was because of the coming-of-age symbolism, the Gainax feel, and the voice talents mixed with the ost

now that theyre trying to actually make a story out of the series, I cant expect much
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Mar 26, 2016 12:20 PM

Jul 2007
Clebardman said:
@Fai Yeah, thx Captain Obvious, but you know, Kill la Kill and Utena are doing the exact same thing and they're all in my favorites.

I just don't see how using the same universe goes against everything that FLCL stands for. The original's plot is just an excuse to animate cool stuff and explore the themes of the show through symbolism. All we know right now is that we'll get 4 hours of anime by Studio I.G. with a decent staff, and Haruko will be back. I really don't know why you're all whining.

This thread is almost worse than the Video Games subforum lol. So many butthurt people.

Because the "plot"of FLCL is unique to the first show's MC's psyche?

Again KLK and Utena are not getting sequels. and KLK is not metaphorical like Utena. What you see is what you get.
Mar 26, 2016 12:32 PM

Jul 2015
Fai said:
and KLK is not metaphorical like Utena. What you see is what you get.

The last episode heavily implies that Honnoji and the Life Fiber were just an illusion/metaphor (the school disappears in the sea with a flash of light... kinda reminiscent of an old myth), and so does the first ending.

Yeah, I agree with what you said, and Haruko shouldn't come back either. But she does, and Medical Mechanica does too, and I don't give a fuck as long as the end product is interesting. It seems to me that you would be happy if they just changed a couple names. What's the difference seriously? They're just avatars/a facade anyway. They could play their old parts, or new ones, you don't know yet, but here you are assuming that everything is going to end up being shitty because a 3-sentences long plot released one year before the anime upset you.

I really don't understand your logic. bringing back Spike in a Cowboy Bebop would be stupid because he's "just" a character, but bringing Haruko makes sense since she's mostly a concept to begin with. Damn, you could set the sequel 10 thousand years in the future, bring back Haruko, and I wouldn't care.
DeathkoMar 26, 2016 12:40 PM
Mar 26, 2016 12:41 PM

Jul 2007
Clebardman said:
Fai said:
and KLK is not metaphorical like Utena. What you see is what you get.

The last episode heavily implies that Honnoji and the Life Fiber were just an illusion/metaphor (the school disappears in the sea with a flash of light... kinda reminiscent of an old myth), and so does the first ending.

Yeah, I agree with what you said, and Haruko shouldn't come back either. But she does, and Medical Mechanica does too, and I don't give a fuck as long as the end product is interesting. It seems to me that you would be happy if they just changed a couple names. What's the difference seriously? They're just avatars/a facade anyway. They could play their old parts, or new ones, you don't know yet, but here you are assuming that everything is going to end up being shitty because a 3-sentences long plot released one year before the anime upset you.

I really don't understand your logic. bringing back Spike in a Cowboy Bebop would be stupid because he's "just" a character, but bringing Haruko makes sense since she's mostly a concept to begin with. Damn, you could set the sequel 10 thousand years in the future, bring back Haruko, and I wouldn't care.

I woudl not be happy.

Because any sort of sequel to a personal coming of age story based on a single character's perception of reality denies the story of it's purpose

The fact even the synopsis is missing that point already shows how forced the sequel is.

Its like creating a sequel to Cowboy Bebop.
Mar 26, 2016 12:46 PM

Jul 2015
@Fai Why are you even watching new anime? Your divination skills obviously allow you to know everything about them a year before they air.

MMmmmppppffffffrrrrt people here sometimes. And then you cry about baseless Nintendo bashing.
Mar 26, 2016 2:23 PM
Oct 2014
kitsune0 said:
No-Look_Kuroko said:

You totally miss the point.
1st, nostalgia is irrelevant to passed years or your age. 2nd, I never said that The Pillows are bad, on the contrary, I said that they are good.
0h, and have no fucking idea what Adult Swim is.
Well, actually I have, but only the idea - it wasn't available in my country when I started watching anime, and I'm not sure it is available now, too lazy to check.

eh nolstagia literally means "a sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations," so it kinda pertains directly to passed years.

I think the point was that you were calling my music taste childish ("you'll grow out of it") and we could all do without that kind of negativity. If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all.
"The only thing I still write is a list of people I'll never forgive" - Hikigaya 8man
Mar 26, 2016 7:15 PM
Dec 2015
that sucks , i actually LIKED the series. ow well
Mar 26, 2016 7:55 PM

Dec 2011
lowkey hype for new ost
Mar 26, 2016 11:16 PM

Aug 2013
Not really getting my hopes up for the show but at least we're probably getting some good tunes.

Tbh it's probably gonna suck but meh.
Mar 27, 2016 1:18 AM

Sep 2010
No-Look_Kuroko said:
eh nolstagia literally means "a sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations," so it kinda pertains directly to passed years.

I think the point was that you were calling my music taste childish ("you'll grow out of it") and we could all do without that kind of negativity. If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all.
Yes, I know what "nostalgia" means, I mean - it's irrelevant to how much years passed, you can feel nostalgic about events that happened less than a year ago.
Not childish. Undeveloped - may be, but bear in mind that having just a little experience in any field is not a bad thing or something you should be ashamed of. Me, for example, - I was a huge fan of Shoujo Kakumei Utena 0ST in my early years, now I know better. And again, notice that I've never said anything bad about The Pillows, on the contrary - I praised them. No negativity here. Sorry if it comes out as something aggressive. Are we cool?

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Mar 27, 2016 1:33 AM

Aug 2015
TomokiPrice said:
Just so long as the soundtrack is done by the Pillows again I'm cool with it.

I'm hoping for more Pillows too. They are pretty great.

I'm not sure quite how I feel about the show though. Yes, I'm pretty interested. I loved the original and I still have my old DVD box set from when the show was licensed by Broccoli USA (lol). I just hope that 12 more episodes doesn't ruin the magic of the short, sweet, and random original.
"More than the cherry blossoms,
Inviting a wind to blow them away,
I am wondering what to do,
With the remaining springtime."

-Asano Naganori
Mar 27, 2016 3:56 AM

Jul 2015
kitsune0 said:
I was a huge fan of Shoujo Kakumei Utena 0ST in my early years, now I know better.

POUAH! It's getting worse with every post.
Mar 27, 2016 9:10 AM

Sep 2010
Clebardman said:
POUAH! It's getting worse with every post.
You're still tsundere for me, sempai? Awww, it's so sweet! Go on, continue.

Mar 27, 2016 7:18 PM

Aug 2014
As someone who absolutely adores FLCL I have very mixed feelings about this.
Mar 28, 2016 7:52 AM

Jan 2012
kitsune0 said:
No-Look_Kuroko said:

Yes, I know what "nostalgia" means, I mean - it's irrelevant to how much years passed, you can feel nostalgic about events that happened less than a year ago.
Not childish. Undeveloped - may be, but bear in mind that having just a little experience in any field is not a bad thing or something you should be ashamed of. Me, for example, - I was a huge fan of Shoujo Kakumei Utena 0ST in my early years, now I know better. And again, notice that I've never said anything bad about The Pillows, on the contrary - I praised them. No negativity here. Sorry if it comes out as something aggressive. Are we cool?

Stop being elitist and calling someone elses taste childish and underdeveloped on a website for cartoon enthusiast. I mean your favorite shows are about cutesy little girls, which is nothing to be ashamed of. Me, for example, - I was a huge fan of Azumanga Daioh in my early years, now I know better. Stop using nostalgia as an argument or a way to disregard someone elses opinion. Just because you think a different way about something doesn't mean everyone else must be "underdeveloped" or blinded by "nostalgia" on the subject.
Apr 9, 2016 5:21 AM

Sep 2008
FLCL totally needed another season.
May 7, 2016 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
Talk about a depressing atmosphere here.
I don't see any worries with a sequel, da hell, I would even say I embrace it.

It would be neat to see something similar to the FLCL traits or just see what they can mix into the dough to maybe create a new unique flavor.

If it comes out bad just discard it or let someone else eat it - with joy (shove it down the throat of people we hate)

I do get the feeling though that if someone takes my favorite mouthgasm cookie recipe and dips into an unknown source of dip sauce I would probably get the chills.

We don't know what it's like until we taste it.
Whatever they whip together in that studio they can't take away the original taste to FLCL. That's final.

Sareh for the cake references here. I'm kinda hungry~ #_#
May 8, 2016 12:10 AM

May 2016
FLCL was such an important show for me during my adolescence, I'm really curious to see how these new seasons turn out.
May 10, 2016 10:20 PM
May 2016
I'm very excited for some more FLCL I'm optimistic for what will come
Aug 29, 2016 3:37 AM

Oct 2015
As long as it strays away from the awful comedy the original had, it will probably be fine.
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
Oct 13, 2016 7:35 PM

Mar 2016
Please the pillows. Make a legendary OST once again!!!!
Feb 9, 2017 8:10 AM
Jul 2015
I love love love FLCL. I have been left hungry for more for many many years now. I can't wait for this.
Feb 9, 2017 8:36 AM

Dec 2009
Wtf? That anime is horrible and disgusting.
I droped that shit.

Pedofile Girlfriend sexually teases her boyfriend's little brother. That's all I need to say.
Feb 10, 2017 7:43 AM
Aug 2015
The Pillows for OST or riot.
Feb 11, 2017 6:44 PM
Jun 2016
We should take these new seasons with a grain of salt. Just remember, FLCL was a symbolic anime about coming of age, and the anime had achieved it's goals with in the first season. We need to think "Does FLCL need another season," and the answer is no, It ended fine. Now a new season could be good but it is not needed. Just look at Gunbuster. Gunbuster was a master peace of a show with real characters and the characters acted like people. But then 16 years later Diebuster came out and it was moe rubbish, A decent anime on it's own but a complete disgrace to Gunbuster. I feel that people just want another thing of something they like but not everything need's more, especially if the first was amazing. Just look at the New Powerpuff Girls.
Feb 11, 2017 8:35 PM

Sep 2010
Ualraig said:
Just look at Darker than Black. Kuro no Keiyakusha was a master peace of a show with real characters and the characters acted like people. But then 2 years later Ryuusei no Gemini came out and it was shounen rubbish, A decent anime on it's own but a complete disgrace to Kuro no Keiyakusha.
You've done a lot of terrible, unforgivable mistakes. I fixed it for you, but you'll better be bloody careful in the future.

Feb 13, 2017 4:01 AM

Jan 2015
Wow, amazing news and I seem to be really late to hear about it! I am cautiously skeptical that they can make new stuff live up to the original but since it's anime and not hollywood movies I will wait and see.
Feb 25, 2018 1:41 AM
Nov 2017
kitsune0 said:

Just don't bring The Pillows back. Seriously, it wasn't just unfitting - it was cringeworthy unfitting, almost on ruining everything level.

^^ This statement is hurting my rectum.

But back on topic, FLCL is my favorite anime of all time and while I look forward to more episodes its honestly scary at the same time. I mean its perfect enough as it is (IMO), and it will take a lot to make this work.

In the end, if it turns out to be shit ill just pretend it doesnt exist, so no biggie.
BirdyTheMightyFeb 25, 2018 1:47 AM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

3 by trinitroglycerin »»
8 minutes ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 1 hour ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
34 minutes ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by Etherius_ZS »»
4 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.