Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (28) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2016 12:41 PM

Jan 2015
👏👏👏👏
10/10
Satisfying ending.
Mar 24, 2016 12:42 PM

Jun 2014
This anime definitely lost steam by the end and the last several episodes weren't all that great, but this particular episode wasn't too bad. It was pretty nice to see everyone reunite and have a good time together, Satoru's mangaka career is finally taking off, and I'm glad Airi showed up again since many manga readers said most of her parts were completely cut out. I'm also glad there was an explanation as to how Satoru got his memories back so that it didn't look like plot convenience.

Overall, a pretty decent final episode, but I think the entire work as a whole was all right I guess. Definitely shouldn't be as highly ranked as it is, but my opinion won't change jack shit XD
thebrentinator24Mar 24, 2016 12:57 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 24, 2016 12:42 PM

Dec 2012
idavisje said:
Can someone explain to me how it's possible that he met Airi again with a completely different age? Shouldn't she still be a high school girl?

No , the ending was in 2010 , Satoru met Airi in 2006 in the other timeline.
She is now 4 years older than she was in the beginning of the anime.
Mar 24, 2016 12:43 PM

Mar 2014
I still have no fault with the first 10 episodes. And never cared that him and Kayo didn't end up together.

Donze said:
She is now 4 years older than she was in the beginning of the anime.

If that's true, my bad. Still weird how that worked out though. 9/10
Mar 24, 2016 12:43 PM
Jul 2014
I remember when satoru was reading a book about his classmates' stories near the beginning of the series and the cover was like a tidal wave or something and he wondered what he wrote about. Is this a kind of symbolism for the series or was there no explanation of it? I didnt catch anything related to it. I was hoping it would at least connect to the anime that he wanted to develop as a manga artist
Mar 24, 2016 12:44 PM

Mar 2014
I feel like I don't have the right words to describe how I feel about the ending right now (guess I need to let it sink in) but I do feel pretty satisfied with it.

Despite not being blown away by the ending I have to admit that the show really did pull me in and grab me like series rarely do. Despite its flaws I gotta give this show credit for being an emotional roller coaster for me.

Glad I watched it, glad it didn't have a really sad ending (I hate sad endings) and glad they put in Airi in the end

Mar 2012
At most a 5-6/10, plot was inconsistent since the ice skating part.

People were so enthusiastic with theories "he might be trapped in a reviving loop" or "the killer is himself", stuff like that. Then it turned out nothing was close to the plain conclusion that revealed nothing except how overhyped with high expectation the show was since the start.

But I guess the OST/animation were nice.

Jan 2015
First half of the episode was okay loved the second half. Personally on my enjoyment I think I give this an 8.5/10. Pretty disappointing that the last handful of episodes felt rushed. If it was 15 episodes long, I could probably give it closer to a 9.5/10. As a critique I give the overall show around a 7.5/10
Mar 24, 2016 12:45 PM

Jun 2015
ColdBreeze said:
To be honest I would like to see a poll for Steins;Gate and BokuMachi (maybe some similiar anime too).

Which one would win the poll? Could someone do it? lol
Steins;Gate is objectively better.
Mar 24, 2016 12:45 PM

Jul 2013
Shuichi2 said:
I still have no fault with the first 10 episodes. And never cared that him and Kayo didn't end up together.

But isn't Airi 16? Whether he's 25 or 29 it's still creepy. 9/10
Considering what were Satoru's feelings for Kayo when he was a 29 years old man in a 10 years old boy's body...
Mar 24, 2016 12:46 PM

Jun 2012
Not a bad ending. I wanna read the manga but the art is ugly.
Mar 24, 2016 12:47 PM

Mar 2014
HOLY SHIT THAT ENDING WAS SOME A+ GAY SHIT

I was going to give it a 3/10 but I'm raising it to a 4/10 solely because of that Satoru x Yashiro ending scene. Seriously, I was LMAOing during the whole scene solely because of how gay it was

A-1 trolled us again

4/10
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 24, 2016 12:47 PM
Sep 2009
Welp, thb two eps ago I was sure I'll rate it at >= 8. But now I feel that giving it 7/10 might be too generous...
Mar 24, 2016 12:49 PM

Mar 2014
Illyricus said:
Shuichi2 said:

Considering what were Satoru's feelings for Kayo when he was a 29 years old man in a 10 years old boy's body...

That's true. Plus even if the manga is different, in the anime he would have remembered her as 16.
Mar 24, 2016 12:50 PM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:
Shuichi2 said:

It was already confirmed that he is a pedo.
Mar 24, 2016 12:50 PM

Feb 2011
Well, can't say the outcome was unpredictable. It was obvious all his crimes would get erased; therefore, he would no longer be considered a killer. Our MC becoming a kill target was obvious as well. He'd always run home alone after walking someone home after all. Our end girl was just to satisfy anyone who wanted to know what happened to her. Talk about meeting someone form a past life. I guess the only question remaining is how he got the ability. Also, since Revivals simply can't happen within Revivals, wouldn't they return after 18 yrs. In other words, the day he was falsely arrested considering that was the latest one. It'd be interesting to see if the MC actually visited the teacher every now and then, but that might bring doubt to the charges against him. Anyhow, onto next season's anime.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Mar 24, 2016 12:51 PM

Apr 2013
so Airi end huh not suprised really. Started out strong ended up weak. 7/10 overall
Augustus15Mar 24, 2016 1:16 PM
Mar 24, 2016 12:55 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
This was actually an interesting take on the manga ending. Might have been even better actually. But the amount of content they've skipped still hurts.

4/5
Mar 24, 2016 12:55 PM

Apr 2014
8/10 , I will miss yuki kajiura music u_u
Mar 24, 2016 12:57 PM

Apr 2015
ColdBreeze said:
To be honest I would like to see a poll for Steins;Gate and BokuMachi (maybe some similiar anime too).

Which one would win the poll? Could someone do it? lol

Wait for Re:Zero next season and then we can have that poll :)

Mar 2014
Well, it's all over... uwu. Was something strange the end, maybe I expected something more "strength" , but ... I give my 10/10 . After all it was worth :3!

Mar 2014
I'm really satisfied with the anime ending compared to the manga (much pages just to Saturo and Yashiro spend more pages in talking in the bridge).

really the only thing that I dislike is the absent of the rest of Yashiro's backstory (chapter 32 if anyone interesed) since is a very important to understand his motives and abilities to lure his victims.

yeah maybe they cut Airi's part but in my opinion was filler in the manga (is a deus machina that she magically was visiting the hospital for none reason just to punch the photographers for just trigger Satoru's memories), so I'm fine that is replaced in the last episode with Yashiro (his stalking got a new direction lol).

love the anime pacing and the changes in the current timeline, a extra episode would be perfect to make more fluid (and make feel less rushed Aya's part).

I really like it 9/10 no perfect but enjoyable in my opinion.

Raz1515 said:
So yashiro didn't kill anyone in this timeline?

well in both formats (manga/anime) he stopped to kill kids after trying to kill Satoru in the van, meanwhile in the manga he mentioned that he killed some adults to gain his new fake name and lawyer status, no sure if that implies the same in the anime.
Jul 2018
I thought the anime was going to end the same way as the manga, as the director had said awhile back. While in a way it did, the way some events that transpired toward the ending and the order of events was definitely different.

Not complaining too much though, definitely had a "WTF" moment during the ending of ep. 11 since I read ahead in the manga.

Still a very enjoyable show, maybe my favorite of this season.

Mar 24, 2016 12:59 PM

Dec 2008
In the end Yashiro x Satoru was OTP in this anime
that wink tho
Mar 24, 2016 12:59 PM

Jul 2012
The series had an amazing start, but the last third of it couldn't keep up imo. Last episode was okay, but I'm glad Airi finally made another appearance at the very end. Heard the anime was done a bit differently than the manga, so I'll probably check it out sometime.

8/10, probably. It was an exciting ride!
Mar 24, 2016 1:00 PM

Jun 2015
Joycdonnell said:

yeah maybe they cut Airi's part but in my opinion was filler in the manga (is a deus machina that she magically was visiting the hospital for none reason just to punch the photographers for just trigger Satoru's memories), so I'm fine that is replaced in the last episode with Yashiro (his stalking got a new direction lol).

love the anime pacing and the changes in the current timeline, a extra episode would be perfect to make more fluid (and make feel less rushed Aya's part).

I really like it 9/10 no perfect but enjoyable in my opinion.

Airi was visiting in the manga because she is Kumi's sister.
:)
Mar 24, 2016 1:01 PM

Jul 2014
I wonder what about that weird plane in minute 17 ._.

I mean this:

I didn't know planes flew like that.
Mar 24, 2016 1:02 PM

Feb 2012
The obvious 'symbolism' that was carried out throughout the show was really hurtful and a major flaw in direction. However, Satoru's lack of intelligence along with plot conveniences were definitely the biggest flaws of this show. I really liked the suspense and characters despite the fact that most of them were not developed very much. In the end I did enjoy the show, but it is definitely not perfect like fanboys hyped it up to be. Unfortunately the writer started off with a good premise and rid all of the plot on conveniences until it fell flat on its face. At least the happy ending warmed our hearts up. 7/10.
LadyNightmareMar 24, 2016 1:59 PM
Mar 24, 2016 1:02 PM

Nov 2014
xaos12 said:
Illyricus said:

Well in that scene the year was 2010 so airi had around 21 years old and satoru 33 i dont see any problem on that
Mar 24, 2016 1:04 PM

Jan 2009
Loved the ending, it was pretty satisfying to watch. 10/10 :3
Mar 24, 2016 1:05 PM

Feb 2012
xaos12 said:

It is natural to be attracted to someone of the same age. Despite having memories of his life's 29 years, your behaviour is still largely influenced by how your brain is built. Besides, it is not like he wanted to get it on with Kayo lol...
Mar 24, 2016 1:06 PM

Jun 2015
I really wanted to like this show, I really did, but after about 4 episodes, the quality really dropped, and just kept getting worse with each episode. This show certainly had some good moments, but it had too many bad moments that I can't ignore it.

5/10 for me; it's just as good as SAO, maybe slightly better.
"Hurry up with my damn croissants."

Mar 2014
desseroni said:

Airi was visiting in the manga because she is Kumi's sister.

hum I did a quick peek after read ur comment and no see that mention, care u say which chapter did they said that?

Apr 2015
Amazinngg ending.

Really nice to see some possible romance between Saturo and Airi at the ending.

10/10
Mar 24, 2016 1:07 PM
Dec 2015
WOOOOOWWW Great anime definitely in my top 5. (9/10) The only bad thing i would say is that they made everything go by so fast, if only it was longer. And also if they didnt make it too obvious that is was the teacher
Mar 24, 2016 1:09 PM

Jul 2014
haha 7/10 just because they managed to make an exciting anime from a bad story, just imagine how amazing it would be if this effort were spent adapting a good manga
Genres:
- Mystery - more obvious impossible
- Psychological - shallow hero and shallow villain
- Seinen - "I want to be a hero" guy
- Supernatural - who cares about time travel
lmao
Mar 24, 2016 1:13 PM

Nov 2013
they sure pulled the chain on this series in the past 3 episodes
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Mar 24, 2016 1:15 PM

Jul 2014
Tylaen said:
Tekakurika said:
so wait,

Glad I'm not the only one who saw that.

I laughed a lot at that.

From what I remember, he's not Yashiro.

He's this guy.
Mar 24, 2016 1:16 PM

May 2014
goodbyegalaxy said:
Strawberrycake48 said:
I'm just not sold on Yashiro's whole "I need you to live" thing...I mean, he tried to kill Satoru for ruining his happy murder time, right? Why is he suddenly psychologically dependent upon him living? I dunno, maybe he realised it was fun having someone on your tail when Satoru was in a coma...but i'm just not convinced. Also, I couldn't have been the only one that found that bit when Satoru got pushed off the building funny, right? Dat plot twist though XD

There really should've been more episodes, because it feels like a lot of development has been lost when it comes to Yashiro. Sure, we had the car scene in episode 10 and the Kandata/Spider's thread thing which explained a little of his state of mind, but it didn't feel like it was enough.

You're absolutely correct, but inadequate characterization in general plagued this series; it wasn't limited to just Yashiro. When characters largely come across as mere props rather than living, breathing beings even after twelve whole episodes, that means the storytelling is severely deficient.

You're totally right!
The characters all seemed to adhere to some sort of symbolic ideal rather than being presented as actual people...it's probably why I wasn't as deeply invested as I could've been. Seems like quite a lot of wasted potential, although it was still enjoyable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2016 1:16 PM

Jul 2013
xaos12 said:
Illyricus said:

He probably get that from Yashiro xD
Mar 24, 2016 1:17 PM

Apr 2015
ColdBreeze said:
Fappa said:

Wait for Re:Zero next season and then we can have that poll :)

I'm really hyped for it. Luckily it's not as hyped as BokuMachi. Never read the source, but I heard really good stuff about it!^^

People that have read the source material me included swear on it.

You could say it's a more darker, fucked up version of Steins;Gate in a fantasy setting. And the author has no mercy with you just a warning :D

What makes it also even better is the fact that it is done by White Fox ( makers of Steins;Gate for example ) and it is confirmed to be 2 cour with a 1 hour long first episode special. So they seem to go all out with this one.
FappaMar 24, 2016 1:56 PM
Mar 24, 2016 1:18 PM

Dec 2015
Was I the only one who "understood the reference" about Satoru's Anime being a spoof of Guilty Crown? >.> I hope he wrote a better ending for it...
Mar 24, 2016 1:21 PM

Mar 2016
Amazing serie that has finished. I think it has been the best of this season. Loved the mystery, music and the empathy that this anime has generated.

After all, there's been a happy ending, and Satoru meets Airi again, that's been nice.

Of course last episodes went downhill a bit, but I don't care.
Mar 24, 2016 1:23 PM
Aug 2013
Gosh... I don't care about rationalism anymore. Let's give it a 10/10, considering all the crap there's out there.
Mar 24, 2016 1:24 PM

Oct 2011
Satoru x Airi <3333

Guilty Crown and Night Raid OMG
Mar 24, 2016 1:26 PM

Jan 2016
Some people really hates the end episode, because... 15 years in 20 seconds

and I said... DONT BE A PUSSY!

It was a good end and there is nothing wrong about it...

-----------

Wait, WHAT?!

No

No... No...

NO...

NOOO!!! Why her? Why the fucking butterfly?

-----------

I still like this ep.
Mar 24, 2016 1:26 PM

Feb 2015
Time travel. Friends will always help you. Everyone lived happily ever after. Satoru never stopped believing.
Mar 24, 2016 1:29 PM

Oct 2014
Now that the anime is over it's ranking will probably go down. It usually happens when it's finished.

Personally I enjoyed the anime. It was a fun thriller. The ending a little dissapointing on the other hand but overall a pretty good ending 9/10 for me
Sasuke or Kaneki I can't decide
Mar 24, 2016 1:30 PM

Feb 2010
I don't give a damn that this is an anime original ending. I just don't. This is one of the very rare cases where I am left entirely satisfied and fulfilled by an anime's end.

The whole slideshow-y bit during the ending gave so much closure, just like the whole episode did. It was incredibly well executed.
Mar 24, 2016 1:31 PM

Oct 2015
Very satisfied with the end and one of the better anime's I've seen in a while. I haven't read the manga so I have nothing to compare it to. Sometimes that's a good thing.

Major spoiler about the last few seconds. Read at your own risk: Remember this is an episode 12 Discussion Thread so don't read if you haven't watched the show yet.
Pages (28) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2016

616 by bakakisima »»
Apr 10, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2016

619 by bakakisima »»
Apr 9, 1:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.