Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion

Nov 29, 2017 5:45 AM
Apple_BS said:
This is the 1st show I pick up in high hopes (one of the reasons is due to Sayuri amazing ed), n ended up feeling so disappointed I struggle to finish it.

Really bad experience

Yes, it has a poor quality compared to the original manga.

Dec 3, 2017 3:12 AM

I guess Airi's appearance at the end was kind of a remembering that everything comes to its place after all, this timeline had Satoru meeting friends at school, so at the end he got friends, he wished to be a mangaka, he became a mangaka that learned of his mistakes, Airi was meant to be important for him, she was destined to appear in Satoru's life, so she finally appeared, I thinks that's a good explanation about revival also, he would have the power until everything was cleared up and well for him, so it closed when the last missing piece (10 years younger), Airi was up there with him.
I have to clarify I haven't read the manga and that my text is just a kinda cheesy hypothesis
Really liked the show, had its flaws here and there, but the style, direction and (most) characters saved it, also I enjoyed it a lot, so 9/10.

Dec 5, 2017 6:23 AM
I hear that a Netflix series is going to be released on 15 December. I saw on a site that the manga will be adapted completely from start to finish and also I heard a lot of people say that the anime adaptation was incomplete(even I felt that the anime should have been of 2 core instead of 1 and something was missing here and there),many important manga scenes were cut and all, so I was thinking to watch the Netflix series.

Is it worth a watch or should I just leave it be as I don't think I can read manga (reading's never been my kind of thing)

What would ya guys suggest?

Dec 5, 2017 6:36 AM
Xander_Cage said:

Is it worth a watch or should I just leave it be as I don't think I can read manga (reading's never been my kind of thing)

What would ya guys suggest?

The Netflix series consists of 12 episodes
It is not different from the number of episodes of animation.
I do not think it will ever take the original perfectly

The original has a unique but fantastic art style.
Also, the frame Layout is very sophisticated and haunting.
I highly recommend the original manga

Dec 29, 2017 11:16 AM
Supreme Tsundere

I somehow managed to drop some of my salt levels by cooling down and seeing the final 30 minutes two days later (stoped at half of ep11).
Has an anime only viewer, the direction of the first half lead to believe there is some ship there (and also with Airi but less toned, when the MC is back to the present), which only fuels negativity when you get shitfaced, since I have yet to read the manga, I dunno if I can really blame the director or not by amplifying the Kayo scenes...

As for everything else, I did like sensei at the end, it was preditable from the start but the execution helped delivering some really intense scenes (manga looks UGLY).
I did enjoy the ending, overall if the plot had been more worked out (more time), it could have had been way better.
At least the anime did some really enjoyable epilogue scenes, and it ending with Airi like that actually made me happy and managed to dispel most of the negativity I had with the anime.
9.0/10

Jan 14, 2018 2:28 AM

This was such an amazing anime. I binge watched the whole thing. I just wish there waz more of it. I'm upset that Kayo ended up getting with someone else. Anyway, great anime.

Jan 14, 2018 2:31 AM
Guitarplayer18 said:
This was such an amazing anime. I binge watched the whole thing. I just wish there waz more of it. I'm upset that Kayo ended up getting with someone else. Anyway, great anime.

original manga has more story

Jan 16, 2018 3:24 PM

aksmfakt132 said:
Guitarplayer18 said:

original manga has more story

Wait? The manga still continues?

Jan 16, 2018 5:14 PM
Guitarplayer18 said:

Wait? The manga still continues?

no. It just has more stories and details. The original manga have also been completed.

Feb 7, 2018 9:02 AM

Could have been a better end. I would have liked to see Satoru defeat Yashiro (as kid, not 15 years later) and maybe marry Kayo. Not loosing such an important time of his life. It was kind of a happy end but had a bitter feeling about it and it reminded me a bit of the "Butterfly Effect" movie which I didn't like very much (well, I liked the beginning and the idea but I hated the end, it was just way to depressive with the main character always wanting to help everyone and being the victim himself everytime he tries to improve things).

Good show, though. With a better end it could've been a 10/10.

Feb 7, 2018 7:25 PM
As you can see from the manga, there are a lot more things that Satoru has lost than he has lost (the original is more detailed). Especially about Kayo, he has not lost anything. Since you want a better ending, I recommend the original cartoon. It is better several times

Mar 3, 2018 7:30 PM
I could have scored this anime a perfect score if it was Satoru x Kayo but Satoru x Airi is fine at least he has an happy ending. My scored could have gone lower if Airi didn't appear but apparently she did at the last second..so my score for this anime is 9/10
Modified by Scelto, Mar 3, 2018 7:35 PM

Mar 10, 2018 7:21 AM
Well I think the anime was super great and i would've given it a 20/10, BUT!!! I definetly didn't like the ending, it is not because i hated that he ended up with Airi but because he didn't end up with kayo, i think it should've ended as follows
first the ending went to smoothly with the murderer what i wanted was that Kayo should've been kidnapped and was few minutes away from death because of that spray he suspected he uses in murders then the main character should've came and saved the day, he ended up injured badly , he then admits his feeling for Kayo and then fall into a coma then some 15 years latter he wakes up in a hospital and Kayo goes and enters the room, she doesn't believe her eyes and starts to cry really hard.
Then he would know that the murderer escaped from justice, so they can make another sequel were he and Kayo gets married and it turns out that Airi is their daughter and she is also a time traveler..... they then catch the murder after using himself as a bait and they have a super happy ending of course there must be a lot more drama.

sorry because I don't remember all of their names that's perhaps why it may not be clear, but in case you understood what I mean, If you liked the story tell me and i will make a fan_fiction about it.

Thank you,

Mar 10, 2018 7:25 AM

I recommend you the original manga.

Mar 10, 2018 7:43 AM
Man_Shen said:

Tell me how it ends first then i will read it if Kayo ends up with satoru.
thank you.

Mar 10, 2018 8:01 AM
smhmkkh said:
Man_Shen said:

Tell me how it ends first then i will read it if Kayo ends up with satoru.
thank you.
Not like that. Because you do not want to read it
  I will conclude.
Kayo's marriage is one of Satoru's best wishes. But animation did not produce it well. Animation was made as if he liked Kayo and made like a romance animation. I hate that animation made viewer feel this feeling. Because of that, people say that Satoru was sorry.
However, Satoru was a hero and the relationship with Kayo was so beautiful and touching. The original described this very well.
Modified by Man_Shen, Mar 10, 2018 8:13 AM

Mar 14, 2018 10:27 PM

well.....not sure how to feel, i have very mixed feelings about this so i'm not even sure how to rate it. however, people who rated it extremely low are obviously one of those people who are too scared to enjoy something that is "overhyped". even if this anime wasn't perfectly executed, the initial idea was great

overall, i loved the first 9-ish episodes. basically, when the teacher was revealed as a killer is when the anime went downhill for me. and just the last few episodes were kind of a mess, i don't even know where to start

MOST IMPORTANTLY, i feel like not enough people are mentioning Satoru's mom, she's like the MVP of the whole show. she's just so amazing and strong emotionally. 15 years of waiting for her son to wake up? 4 hours a day just to make sure his limbs are working fine? wow. she definitely was my favorite character of the show

one thing that bothers me is the fact that Airi is over 10 years younger than him. like was it necessary to make her so young?....

(completely random side note: i'm really happy Yuuki ended up happy, he seemed like a gentle person)

Mar 14, 2018 11:25 PM

I highly recommend the original manga to you.
It's different in the second half (but if you want a read it, read from the beginning)

Mar 23, 2018 4:25 AM

Eh, it started out really great, but last 3-4 episodes were really poor.
Shame.
6/10

Mar 23, 2018 4:30 AM
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Shame.
6/10

original manga is different second half
I recommend the original manga

Mar 23, 2018 4:43 AM

aksmfakt132 said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Shame.
6/10

original manga is different second half

I saw that people are saying that manga is different/better, i will probably check it out some day, but later, need a little rest from it now after this. But thank you for the recommendation, I appreciate it.

Mar 23, 2018 4:44 AM

thanks. you are very well mannered.

Apr 6, 2018 12:08 PM
The ending pissed me off, I really shipped them.
In her mind b like
"Yeah, although you saved me and I lowkey have a crush on you, why not fucking have a baby with your friend just cause your in a coma, afterwards lets show it off to you."

Apr 8, 2018 7:27 PM

What a letdown, it starts with 8/10, 6 in midway and 4 in ending
Modified by Reeei, Apr 8, 2018 10:05 PM

Apr 8, 2018 8:46 PM

SenseixSatoru OTP. While Kayo decided to leave him behind, Sensei never lost hope and always watched over his dear Satoru. Maybe they will meet again for a cup of tea, after he gets released from prison.

Apr 28, 2018 3:30 PM

After that oldboy-esque 15 years of waiting, a double suicide in the end would have fit the story.
And still, Bill will live on.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
until the earth is swallowed beneath his feet.
Until the sun is long since gone.
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
and sees them whether his eyes are closed or open.
Until he forgets his name and the place where he'd once come from.
He lives and he lives until all of the lights go out.

Aug 19, 2018 1:00 AM
YA KNOW WHAT! IM HERE TO VENT I JUST FINISHED THE ANIME
AND THE FACT THAT KAYO AND SATORU PISSES ME OFF!!! >_<
no really though...once she walked in with that baby i died.....So mad <.< so so mad
YE LETS FORGET ABOUT THE WHOLE 70% OF THE ANIME WE SPENT WATCHING THERE RELATIONSHIP DEVELOP ugh.
Thoughts please <.<

Aug 19, 2018 2:32 AM
Yukihira_Toru said:
YA KNOW WHAT! IM HERE TO VENT I JUST FINISHED THE ANIME
AND THE FACT THAT KAYO AND SATORU PISSES ME OFF!!! >_<
no really though...once she walked in with that baby i died.....So mad <.< so so mad
YE LETS FORGET ABOUT THE WHOLE 70% OF THE ANIME WE SPENT WATCHING THERE RELATIONSHIP DEVELOP ugh.
Thoughts please <.<

It has a much better story and a different ending

Aug 19, 2018 2:48 AM

Thoughts please <.<[/quote]

It has a much better story and a different ending[/quote]

so your telling me i will like the ending of the manga?

Aug 19, 2018 3:54 AM
Yukihira_Toru said:

Thoughts please <.<

It has a much better story and a different ending[/quote]

so your telling me i will like the ending of the manga?[/quote]

no.
Not only endings, but manga were better in every episode
You'll like it.
Never read the only middle or the end.
Read from the beginning

Aug 19, 2018 9:31 AM
Man_Shen said:
Yukihira_Toru said:

Thoughts please <.<

It has a much better story and a different ending

so your telling me i will like the ending of the manga?[/quote]

no.
Not only endings, but manga were better in every episode
You'll like it.
Never read the only middle or the end.
Read from the beginning[/quote]

Hmmmmm I don't usually go to read the manga of Anime's. But if what you're saying is true i'm going to have to do it!

Aug 23, 2018 2:32 PM
Antearion said:
Well... Well... Well that shit was disappointing.

I just knew I was going to walk away from this anime with a 10/10, but I always wait till the ending cause you just never know. The last two episode really killed for me.

First this episode felt forced if that's the right word. Comparing it to the rest of the series it kind of felt like it was happening just cause. I mean Saroru telling Yashiro he doesn't feel hate for him was off to me. I mean you hated the fact he killed your mom's and your friend to why you jumped back in time to stop it lol. And the whole I can't live without you thing was weird too.

I agree. This could have been a lot Better in the ending but the most of it was amazing. Tbh I wish he and kyo had gotten together. Although i would also have liked it if his mom adopted her or something or even if she had ended up dieing or something bc ittd be a lot more realistic but ehh... I like how realistic the most of it was. I felt the:“Your just like me, your fake too” truely bc that is how it really is.

Anyone reading this, great anime but they fucked up the ending

Aug 23, 2018 3:35 PM
Antearion said:
Well... Well... Well that shit was disappointing.

I just knew I was going to walk away from this anime with a 10/10, but I always wait till the ending cause you just never know. The last two episode really killed for me.

First this episode felt forced if that's the right word. Comparing it to the rest of the series it kind of felt like it was happening just cause. I mean Saroru telling Yashiro he doesn't feel hate for him was off to me. I mean you hated the fact he killed your mom's and your friend to why you jumped back in time to stop it lol. And the whole I can't live without you thing was weird too.

I agree. This could have been a lot Better in the ending but the most of it was amazing. Tbh I wish he and kyo had gotten together. Although i would also have liked it if his mom adopted her or something or even if she had ended up dieing or something bc ittd be a lot more realistic but ehh... I like how realistic the most of it was. I felt the:“Your just like me, your fake too” truely bc that is how it really is.

Anyone reading this, great anime but they fucked up the ending

It has a much better ending.

Aug 29, 2018 9:55 PM
Really? Thats it? This was a pretty good story but I hate that he wakes up to find that Kayo is married and has a child with someone else. If that wasn't bad enough it was with the trap kid. Though I guess i don't care since I like Airi better but we didn't even get much with them. Rather disappointing ending tbh.

Who was the girl that shows towards the end that makes Satoru blush?

Aug 30, 2018 4:35 AM
Really? Thats it? This was a pretty good story but I hate that he wakes up to find that Kayo is married and has a child with someone else. If that wasn't bad enough it was with the trap kid. Though I guess i don't care since I like Airi better but we didn't even get much with them. Rather disappointing ending tbh.

Misato

I recommend Original manga

Aug 30, 2018 4:44 PM
Man_Shen said:

Misato

I recommend Original manga

Is the closure for Satoru that good to warrant reading the manga?

Sep 10, 2018 9:21 AM

Good bye Kayo,Welcome back Airi

Sep 24, 2018 9:27 AM

I hate when kayo hv baby with hiromi, not satoru in eps 11. But that ending, oh its really beautiful. Thanks 10/10

Oct 26, 2018 5:40 AM

I feel like these last episodes were rushed.

Oct 26, 2018 5:53 AM
I just hope that this scenes are better in the manga, because i definitely didn't like them ! i don't know, i just felt so bored and i always hoped thatSatoru and Kayo stayed together, not like this ^^

Oct 26, 2018 6:32 AM
I honestly prefer to see Satoru with Airi at the end, it makes more sense to me even if it feels weird to see Kayo with his friend, they completly rushed the end

Oct 26, 2018 7:28 AM
SnowKidPT said:
I just hope that this scenes are better in the manga, because i definitely didn't like them ! i don't know, i just felt so bored and i always hoped thatSatoru and Kayo stayed together, not like this ^^

Manga have a much better ending.

Oct 26, 2018 7:43 AM
Man_Shen said:
SnowKidPT said:

nice...is it boring in the manga too? (the end)

Oct 26, 2018 3:40 PM
Man_Shen said:

nice...is it boring in the manga too? (the end)

Manga is much better from beginning to end

Nov 4, 2018 9:43 AM
OMG. Why this end, it is like, I fought a pervert for 11 caps and then a 15 years old asks a lonely 25 years old man to stay both in the snow. WTF . Also 6 or more episodes for the relationship between Satoru and Kayo and at the end nothing. They should have done 16 caps for the "new relationship" of Satoru and Airi.

Dec 11, 2018 7:50 PM
imagin waking up from a comma and seeing your girlfriend married to your most trusted friend. heh

Dec 12, 2018 3:18 PM
popei said:
imagin waking up from a comma and seeing your girlfriend married to your most trusted friend. heh

Who is his girlfriend?
Satoru did not feel love for Kayo

Feb 5, 9:06 PM

Amazing anime 9/10!
(Though I wished they would have shown what happened after the car crashed, like if he got out by himself or if the teacher got him out. And also the teachers excuss for how he found him like that etc. idk I just wanna know what happened after the crash. But again I loved it 9/10!)

Feb 15, 3:43 PM

Anime started strong in the first half, but fell off in the second half after Hinazuki arc.

Good that he got together with Airi, the best girl, in the end. But I would have liked to see more of that. As it is he did a lot of work without much reward. Some more harem with all the girls would have been good. A guy needs a reward for hard work.

Feb 23, 6:22 PM
Honestly one of the most unsatisfying endings i have ever seen in anime. This was so good until episode 10. I´m glad that people enjoyed this because it was OK overall, but for me it just doesn´t cut it.

Pages (26) « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 »