Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (29) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2016 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Still a lot of dialogues in the finale but hmm, I guess it worked its way with the execution.

Honestly, I'm not happy about a lot of content skimmed but it was kinda expected with a 1-cour adaptation. Glad to see Kenya inspiring Satoru though as a friend even in the present timeline. The final confrontation between Satoru and Yashiro is definitely intimidating.

Glad to see Satoru being the one with the crafty mind though. Damn, I really wish this was a 2-cour instead but whatever, had its good and bad moments.
Going to really miss the music for this show though, it was fantastic in that.
Stark700Mar 24, 2016 10:10 AM
Mar 24, 2016 9:58 AM

Jan 2013
i liked this more then the manga since manga was super cheesy
Mar 24, 2016 9:58 AM

Sep 2015
Well, it was a fun ride when it lasted. My opinion they should've done 17 episodes, but whatever.
I'm new, forgive me ;_;
Mar 24, 2016 10:05 AM

Nov 2007
That girl who accused wrong about the money helped him out with getting money to save him. His friends and his mother knew his memory is back. The teacher is trying to get him dead, but for the fact that he led him live for 15 years meant he cannot. He tricked the teacher as everyone helps him. "The time when he is missing is his treasure"?

He's now a mangaka and has a work that gets anime adaptation. No more "revival". ED song airing while he visits back. It's interesting that he made the "hero" he wished for came true. The graffiti on the bridge has OP song title. Wow, I was wondering about co-worker girl from original timeline, but she appeared at the end.
tsubasaloverMar 24, 2016 10:22 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 24, 2016 10:07 AM

Jul 2014
WHERE IS ITTTTTTTTTTTT?
Mar 24, 2016 10:10 AM

Jul 2014
Unsubstantiated said:
Well, it was a fun ride when it lasted. My opinion they should've done 17 episodes, but whatever.
wHERe is it link plz
Mar 24, 2016 10:14 AM

Sep 2014
icurry said:
Unsubstantiated said:
wHERe is it link plz

it's not subbed yet. They watch it raw.
Mar 24, 2016 10:15 AM
Jul 2018
Lmao they made airi appear out of nowhere at the end. xD

7/10
Mar 24, 2016 10:20 AM

Dec 2014
Goodbye and good riddance.
Mar 24, 2016 10:20 AM
Jul 2009
xaos12 said:

Well, he deserved a chance to get his own happiness.
Mar 24, 2016 10:22 AM
Jul 2018
1idd0kun said:
xaos12 said:

Yeah, but that appearance was out of nowhere. They cut all her developments is the present timeline which made it even worse.

Not to say this will again cause shipping storm.
Mar 24, 2016 10:28 AM

Feb 2014
I also was kind of disappointed on how they cut almost all of Airi's scenes. I wonder why they did this...
Mar 24, 2016 10:31 AM

Jan 2008
Airi end when they don't even know each other in this timeline?

Epitome of good writing, ladies and gentlemen.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Mar 24, 2016 10:41 AM

Apr 2014
This anime would have been better if there were 24 episodes but I'm fine with how it turned out in the end.

I wish there were more Airi scenes, but overall I thought this anime was pretty good and the opening is still my favorite from the winter season.

OrangeJPMar 24, 2016 2:42 PM

Mar 24, 2016 10:42 AM

Jan 2015
Well now look at who's got "played" by who. Yashiro's even thinking about changing his own decision. Guess Satoru is the winner in this Psychological game.

MasceraMar 24, 2016 11:01 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 24, 2016 10:43 AM
Mar 2016
At least this was fun to see how mature some people are in dealing relationships.
Who would thought that *gasp* people move on and *gasp* things don't always go the way we expect in love.

Junchi said:

Yes Airi don't know Satoru in this Timeline, she's meeting him for the first time.

If it's the same as the Manga she's just asking Satoru help in avoiding snow she wasn't expecting.

People meet others for the first time in Real Life too, so i can't see why it's "bad writing".
MrJCSMar 24, 2016 10:49 AM
Mar 24, 2016 10:48 AM
Jul 2009
xaos12 said:
1idd0kun said:

Yeah, but that appearance was out of nowhere

It was fate.

xaos12 said:

Let them bitch.
Mar 24, 2016 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
MrJCS said:
Junchi said:

Yes Airi don't know Satoru in this Timeline, she's meeting him for the first time.

If it's the same as the Manga she's just asking Satoru help in avoding snow she wasn't expecting.

People meet others for the first time in Real Life too, so i can't see why it's "bad writing".

Did you even read the manga? It was not at all their first meeting of the snow scene in present timeline.
Mar 24, 2016 10:52 AM

Sep 2014

Just what. People actually said it couldnt be worse than the manga ending.
Mar 24, 2016 10:53 AM

Sep 2013
HandsomeMan said:
A whole bunch of nothing. I knew all this hype would be just empty air.
enough said...................
Mar 24, 2016 10:55 AM
Mar 2016
xaos12 said:
MrJCS said:

If it's the same as the Manga she's just asking Satoru help in avoding snow she wasn't expecting.

Did you even read the manga? It was not at all their first meeting of the snow scene in present timeline.

Yes i did.
That was the manga. This is the anime, therefore Airi's meeting him for the first time.
Basic Logic.

Was better shown in the Manga? Yes.
Does the change make the event in the Anime unbelievable? No...
Mar 24, 2016 10:55 AM
Jul 2009
Castejon said:

Just what. People actually said it couldnt be worse than the manga ending.

I actually did say it would.
Mar 24, 2016 10:58 AM

Sep 2014
The same manga ending scene, but the rest was different. Good series, but not so good at the end.
Mar 24, 2016 11:00 AM
Jul 2018
1idd0kun said:
xaos12 said:

Yeah, but that appearance was out of nowhere

It was fate.

xaos12 said:

Let them bitch.

Nah I won't buy that "fate" thing. It tried to do a s;g ending but failed miserably. They forgot that s;g had developments in the last ep.
Mar 24, 2016 11:09 AM
Jul 2009
xaos12 said:
1idd0kun said:

It was fate.

Let them bitch.

Nah I won't buy that "fate" thing.

Even if you don't buy it, that's obviously what they were trying to convey. They even added the butterfly and all.
Mar 24, 2016 11:15 AM

Aug 2013
I'm pretty satisfied.
One of very few superhyped series, which I enjoyed that much (and even just enjoyed) .

Easily 10/10. I'm searching for series like this. I love playing with time, drama and romance. They did awesome direction, this is one of masterpieces.

And I really love that ending, Airi! he definitely deserved it.
rsc-plMar 24, 2016 12:34 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 24, 2016 11:18 AM
Jul 2018
1idd0kun said:
xaos12 said:

Nah I won't buy that "fate" thing.

Even if you don't buy it, that's obviously what they were trying to convey. They even added the butterfly and all.

Why will I be convinced by that Revival asspull instead of actual developments? Those who are satisfied with that, okay.
Mar 24, 2016 11:21 AM

Sep 2015
It's time to give it a 10/10
Even if the 11th was a bit ... weird, this happy ending is really really greeat

(airi wtf *o*)
Mar 24, 2016 11:21 AM

May 2012
Well... Well... Well that shit was disappointing.

I just knew I was going to walk away from this anime with a 10/10, but I always wait till the ending cause you just never know. The last two episode really killed for me.

First this episode felt forced if that's the right word. Comparing it to the rest of the series it kid of felt like it was happening just cause. I mean Saroru telling Yashiro he doesn't feel hate for him was off to me. I mean you hated the fact he killed your mom's and your friend to why you jumped back in time to stop it lol. And the whole I can't live without you thing was weird too.

Love how Airi just showed up out of nowhere. Not gonna lie I was like is she still a character. I guessing because it was 1 cour or maybe this happened in the manga, but a lot of this was jsut glossed over. Like Hinazuki marrying Sugita and why Yuuki has a black whife lol. The kid is not even mixed she all black lol.And I'm guessing he just stayed in that timeline? Or did the timelines merge or? I'm still confused about that,

Like I said it started falling apart the last two episode, but I really enjoyed the first half. I think I would have ended things a lot differently, because this did not do the series justice. I see poeple saying this was better than the manga, so I only imagine how that was lol.

6/10 for me. I loved the first half, but that second need help... You know what fuck that I'm gonna give it a 7. That first half was beast.
AntearionMar 24, 2016 11:39 AM
Mar 24, 2016 11:22 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Satoru and Airi...destined to be together even in different timeline, nice.

Satisfying ending for such thrilling anime. 8/10

The best part about this show was author's attempt to troll shippers, priceless.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Well, everything screamed convenient in the rooftop scene. That was weak.

Got increasingly angry about Airi not appearing until the last minute, thank god it did actually happen (even though it made zero sense, but really now this would have been a disaster if she wouldnt have appeared at all)

The first half was just completely amazing with the Kayo arc. 11/10 if i could give that. But the second half wasnt as good and the last two episodes were even under average.

Close 9/10

Sep 2014
No matter what anyone says this anime is a 10 from me. Always the best watch of the week the last 12 weeks for me.
Mar 24, 2016 11:24 AM
Jul 2018
The final episode was pretty good... felt rather satisfied with the ending, being the same as the manga... but unfortunately they took out the Airi scenes, which is completely sour mouthing...

Overall I think I will give it a 7, just the second half doesn't do much justice of the series.

Do I consider it amazing? Nah... but it was enjoyable at least.
Unlike Shouwa... *cringes* (btw I dislike the series)

Mar 2015
Was disappointing, a series with a great start, a good midway, and a average end.

Ah for the score, 8/10.
Satoru x Kenya is cannon, right?
Mar 2016
MrJCS said:
At least this was fun to see how mature some people are in dealing relationships.
Who would thought that *gasp* people move on and *gasp* things don't always go the way we expect in love.

Junchi said:

If it's the same as the Manga she's just asking Satoru help in avoiding snow she wasn't expecting.

Did you see the butterfly? For Satoru, it was the first meeting with Airi in this timeline, so you're right at this point, but from the way Airi was talking, it looks like she knew Satoru. I mean, why should she talk to a stranger like this. To me, it seems like the two times are overlapping at this point. There is a huge chance that I may be wrong, but maybe that's really the way it is. We'll probably never know.
Mar 24, 2016 11:27 AM
Jul 2018
The finale was great! I love the interactions between Satoru and Yashiro.
Mar 24, 2016 11:28 AM

Jun 2013
Exceptional.

I never stopped believing.
Winners Don't Make Excuses

Mar 24, 2016 11:30 AM
Mar 2011
So this is why he was training so much, to become strong enough to make such an epic jump from the roof. It seems that he also hired the photographers... Still I don't understand how he managed to make the teacher take him to the roof.
Mar 24, 2016 11:31 AM
Jul 2012
Can someone explain to me how it's possible that he met Airi again with a completely different age? Shouldn't she still be a high school girl?

Aug 2008
Pretty good ending. I like how the teacher can't kill him because he is the only one who know the true him.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jul 2018
ahhhhhh why did it have to end?!
i've been refreshing the page all this time and so finally it's out and i watched it!
i really enjoyed it, it had a satisfying ending
satoru mom is still a yokai hahaha <3
the last part where airi showed up and satoru almost burst into tears and that dialogue "i never stopped believing" made me burst into tears too, idk why.. it was just uhh so touching @_@
Mar 24, 2016 11:34 AM

Dec 2014
As an anime-only viewer, I thought this show was pretty damn great. Satisfying ending, and I really liked Yashiro at the end there. 8/10

@idavisje - I'm sure she's still a high school girl that coincidentally met up with Satoru.
I need sleep.
Mar 24, 2016 11:34 AM

Nov 2014
YES I KNEW THEY COULDN'T LEAVE OUT TRUE BEST GIRL AIRI AT THE END
Hi there
Mar 24, 2016 11:35 AM

Dec 2014
Yes The final episode seemed so much perfect. This was one of the top shows this season.....Finally seeing Akari in the end was so much overjoying
Mar 24, 2016 11:35 AM
Aug 2014
Average ending but won't complain because this series has been going downhill for a few episodes now
Mar 24, 2016 11:37 AM

Jan 2012
So a few cosmetic changes, but more or less the same from the manga. Very relieved they kept Airi at the end. Wish Sachiko got that screentime she did in the manga's epilogue, but oh well. That aside my thoughts on this adaptation more or less mirror how I view the manga, and here's what I said after finishing that:

I enjoyed the ride immensely. I do think there were flaws of course, but they weren't enough to diminish my score much. The whole Kayo NTR controversy was admittedly disappointing to watch unfold. I mostly agree with the camp that claims it wasn't really NTR. Kayo was right to not wait for Satoru to wake up, a possibility which might never happen, and find her happiness. Satoru himself clearly agrees in the end. At the same time, there were definitely hints and teases of a possible relationship between them, you'd hafta be blind or willingly ignorant to deny that much. So I can sympathize with those who were disappointed that they didn't end up together, I was too to a degree.

I'm fine with him ending up with Airi, and will choose to interpret that as the ending barring hard contradictions from future translations. Airi was supportive of him the whole time afterall, and I'd support her over him being alone. As far as that goes both the "best girl" and best character in this series was neither of them anyway, but rather Sachiko. As I've said multiple times she's easily the best mother I've seen in manga/anime in a long while. The last chapter of this series that really worked for me, on a gut, emotional level, was the one of her daily routine that ends with her tears of joy seeing her boy finally wake from his coma. I shed tears with her, she deserved to experience that happiness, and I was truly happy for her.

That kinda ties in to my biggest weakness for this series actually, the last portion. Not only because of the Kayo reveal, though that ties into it, but in general that final buildup to and confrontation Satoru has with the killer is pretty underwhelming. It feels like pure falling action, when it shouldn't. The true climax, for me, is that past confrontation in the van which ends when Satoru goes into the water. Nothing after that point reaches that same level of tenseness/excitement, certainly not that bridge scene during the fireworks which, I think, the author intended as the true final climax.

The identity of the killer is pretty obvious from early on in the series. There's a sense of just waiting for the reveal, and if you care about that being THAT obvious then that is another weakness, but this "climax" is like that amped up to 11. At least when the reveal comes Satoru's a child, in body anyway, and alone in a van. It's genuinely tense as you hope and wonder how Satoru might get out of his current predicament. There was no tension on that bridge, no real excitement, just a wait for Satoru to succeed. I'm not sure if that's just an issue with time travel stories in general or what, but I definitely think this shoulda ended in the past, with Satoru somehow beating the odds and catching the killer then. And I'd still feel that way even if that hypothetical ending in the past still led to Satoru and Kayo not hooking up in the future and fate still drawing him to Airi, though obviously I'd support the latter option in that scenario. But I'll admit such a perfectly happy ending would have drawn it's fair share of complaints as well, and fair enough. I'm not the author and he chose to end it as he did, and as I said above I'll still give this that 9/10, if perhaps a bit generously.
Mar 24, 2016 11:37 AM

Jan 2015
Lol Kayo had more time in these flashbacks than Airi did the entire series. Glad that A-1 knew who was the better character.

What an ending, I knew that they weren't going to go with the actual manga ending. Disappointing ending imo with some good moments here and there.

I'd say episodes 2-9 are fucking amazing 10/10, while eps 1, 10-12 are anywhere from 6-7/10. Too rushed and Yashiro wasn't even the same character that I knew from the manga.

Solid series just for the Kayo arc everything else is alright.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Mar 24, 2016 11:38 AM
Jul 2009
idavisje said:
Can someone explain to me how it's possible that he met Airi again with a completely different age? Shouldn't she still be a high school girl?

The last scene takes place in 2010. That's why she's older. He's older too.
Mar 24, 2016 11:38 AM

Apr 2014
Seeing Satoru outsmart his teacher was interesting, but I still think this anime deserved 20+ episodes.
Norakagami said:
Though I still wonder where the dude who they accused of the murders at first (and went to prison while being innocent) is now?
Satoru literally saved everyone so I guess he managed to save Yuuki too.
Mar 24, 2016 11:39 AM

Nov 2014
That second half of the show was pretty boring and really predictable. Jesus what happened?
IFFEH IUU BEHLIEBE EIT
NUHRUTOE NUHRUTOE
BEHLIEBE EIT BEHLIEBE EIT-IT-IT-IT-IT
HEURE AIE AHME WIETH MAI NEEINJUH KLAHN
NEEINJUH KLAHN
HEURE WEHH STAHNDD
NUHRUTOE AIEHME OUNE MAI WEYE
NUHRUTOE AIELLE BEEHE OUHKEYE
GETUH REHDEY TUH FHITE OUNE SAITE
GOUHUT MUHE BHESHT FREENDZ BAH MUHE SAIHDE
SAZOOKAYEH HEHZE RELYEH KEWHLE
SAHKOOHRAH DUH BEWTIHFUHLE.
Pages (29) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.