Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (28) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2016 2:02 PM
Sep 2013
This finale: 8/10

Eps 1-9: 9.25/10

This series: 8.75/10, would have been a 9/10 if not for Hinazuki growing up and becoming a mom or even Yashiro-sensei (not Yuuki) as the culprit.

Bokumachi is still great enough to be rewatched though, despite the final three episodes being shallow compared to the 1988 (Showa 63) arc.
Mar 24, 2016 2:05 PM

May 2014
Meh.

It wasn't bad overall.

Wasn't good either, though.

I hope (well, I know) you enjoyed it more than I did, but its numerous flaws were a turn off for me.
Mar 24, 2016 2:06 PM

Aug 2011
That was not the ending they promised. Not an adaptation of the manga's ending.

Such a disappointment. These two last episode was an otter disappointment. I had my over all ratings of this show originally ay 9/10 but after this, ........it's now 7/10. Could we recognize this as a waste?

Jan 2013
Overall it wasn't terrible. The highlight of this anime was definitely Kayo's arc, it was pretty much perfect in my opinion, even if the ending is a bit rushed. Still kind of annoyed that Kayo chose his friend instead though, I mean I get that it's unreasonable to wait 15 years, but their pairing made the most sense. They had so much development together that it's a shame to throw it away.

I wouldn't mind the Airi pairing, but she had way too little development. If they actually had more chemistry the ending would have been much stronger.

Nov 2011
ColdBreeze said:
Could be worse, right?

Was an ok episode, although the whole conversation on the roof was a bit hard to believe.
Was kinda fast, but that's how it is. Probably a 7/10.

My thoughts exactly. People are bursting with either complete rage or love for it, but the ending part was more like a "it just delivered" and that's ok. I rate it higher though because the begginng was really, really good.

And, I mean, I don't even think it was "downhill" or "predictable" like a lot of the haters are saying. To me it was always more a mystery about "how" than "who". So you could suspect Yashiro from a long time? Big deal. How will a kid stop or bring proves against him? Besides, he can time travel, so he WILL stop him, he will find the guy, but how does the time travel works? When will it work? How will he act afterwards? I guess it replied well enough to those questions to keep my curiosity up.

It's just that the last episode had a different more sentimental tone than the rest (the big clash with the teacher in the rooftoop was settled by... flirting? Err... ok. It's original, I guess??) and it was too rushed to settle the threads of chars. Like Misato or even Airi. But well, Airi was there at least, and the coma made for the episode 11 to be good? I only really had problems with 12 since "how will the life go on after all that" wasn't really something they took time to show. But the other "Hows" were pretty good. So 9/10.

(and yeah, Yashiro was a bit random. Like, the hamster/spider thread story... was something that not even Satoru heard about, right? It kinda feels like not even he truly knew who Yashiro was at the end lol)

naens said:
By the way, does anyone knows the meaning of the butterflies in Japanese culture? I notice that a lot of anime use them...

It means change. Like a larvae in a cocoon changes into a beautiful butterfly or whatever? At least it's what I remember from xxxHolic, it might be wrong/bad recalled.
Mar 24, 2016 2:07 PM

Apr 2015
Can't wait for the spin off series this summer! It's gonna focus on yashiro
Mar 24, 2016 2:08 PM

Apr 2013
While ERASED finished on a positive note (especially with dat Airi ending!!), I can't help but feel that things were just a bit too predictable and cookie-cutter in the second half of the show. The first half of it was amazing but the show really started to lose itself once Kayo's problem got resolved. It's a solid show and thriller, but didn't really break any new ground especially with how everything developed with Yashiro being the way too obvious final "villain". It might have been a little rushed in the last few episodes and could have probably benefited from a 13th episode to add a little more filler and depth to the final sequences and Yashiro's motives/intentions.

I'll give the show a solid 7.5-8/10 or so. Not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I was entertained. Plus, you can never go wrong with having too many loli characters ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 24, 2016 2:10 PM

Jan 2015
Fappa said:
bobzanny said:

Uhhh last time I checked White Fox not Silver Link is responsible for Re:Zero and Steins;Gate.

But other than that yes, Re:Zero has a lot of things going for it, only about a week until first ep airs!

Yeah I already saw my mistake and clarified that for him. I should edit it too, Thanks! Don't know why but I get those two mixed up all the time LOL.

I think the fact that it is a mystery, psychological anime with more than 12 episodes is reason enough to anticipate it a lot.

I just hope they don't go too hard on the censoring and keep the overall dark theme coupled with the great and natural ( and bittersweet T-T ) character interactions between "those two".

Lol it happens.

The fact that a LN of this caliber is getting 24 episodes is a reason to be excited. Plus like you said the 1 hour special first episode, White Fox tends to do a good job with these elements. And it's been a while since Akame ga Kill but iirc the censoring was too bad for that series.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Mar 24, 2016 2:11 PM

Oct 2015
Right now my feels are running all around, crying, laughing and doing crazy things. I didn't read the manga of this anime, but if it's better than this miraculous chapters, I will read it. There are so many moments that almost make my heart had a heart attack... MY FEELS.

Nov 2015

The op foreshadowed some dark stuff about Airi (like those bruises) but she seemed ok
or was that just another shot of Kayo?
NyabbyMar 24, 2016 2:35 PM

Mar 2016
was really wanting more screen time for Airi. but still a 10/10 for me.

Mar 24, 2016 2:13 PM

Aug 2010
Really happy with the ending... Airi appearing at the ending put a big a smile on my face.
Mar 24, 2016 2:18 PM

Jan 2015
gabrielrroiz said:
Zemroid said:
What do you mean "pretend to explain it for them"? I don't pretend anything, just gave you my theory of what happened. Doesn't matter at all if it's right or not, the anime didn't give me the answer so I have to guess myself.

the anime has to give you answers for important plot points not let the viewer imagination decide what happened
Sure but how Satoru was saved is not that important. I looked up how it actually happened and that is the most logical thing that would happen. Nothing surprising. My theory was based on what happened in this episode and it would've been more interesting if it was what actually happened but ultimately, it doesn't matter. One cour adaption is what it is. People can read the manga if they're disappointed, I will even though I'm not.
Mar 24, 2016 2:18 PM

Jul 2009
Meh, looks like the only things which was ERASED in this series was Airi scenes and the explanation on how and why revival only works with the MC.

The only highlight of this series was Kayo's arc, besides this arc everything is just shallow.

It's funny to see how a series like this which is average/mediocre in almost every aspect gets more hype than SnK and OPM together.

5/10 average at best, there's hundreds of different series out of there which are far better/superior than this one.
Mar 24, 2016 2:19 PM

Dec 2014
Fai said:
Turtletim said:
What was the point of all of this? Non of these characters learned anything, their beliefs weren't challenged, everything remained static, one dimensional. So then was the point enjoyment?

Thats the biggest problem with this show - not only nothing made any sense, but nothing served any purpose to further the characters.

When the show started I expected the time mechanics to be used to teach him a lesson about life, turn it all around and end up asking Airi out. That was what seemed to be the show about in Ep1.

Then the show spent the entirety of itself by chasing a completely uninteresting serial murder "mystery", none of the characters mattered or changed and then the end happened.

In fact if you just took the first episode and replaced everything from the start of murder plotline with the last parts of this episode of him meeting Airi - you would get a better OVA styled story.
An MC has weird power and hates his life. He feels like he lost his chance at life already and feels his existence is pointless. He then meets this nice girl Airi at work but is unable to really open up or ask her out. Via his power he gets into a hospital and gets visited by the girl and the whole experience makes him appreciate life more. As he checks out of hospital he observes the kid he saved and the life he leads learning a lesson of just how much every day decisions matter. Afterward he encounters the Airi again and starts a relationship with her turning his life around learning that it is never too late to turn your life around just like he did with his power thing to others.

OH LOOK I FIXED ERASED AND DID NOT WASTE 12 EPISODES ON IT!

You've completely missed the point. The show was about a man who was effected by a murder that happened years ago, because of that, his emotions were repressed which led him to being just a pizza delivery guy. After given the chance to relive his childhood and stop that murder from happening, he had to become someone he always wanted to, a Hero.

Once his mother was killed, he revived back to his childhood and tried solving the mystery, as the hero is always wanted to become. The HERO part is the most important characterisation with Satoru as he always wanted to be the guy who 'saves' people. The worst thing that could happen to someone like him is that he fails to save someone; in this case, it was Hinazki in the original timeline.

Him being a mangaka is also something to note, because he couldn't physically be a hero, he put all his heart into writing a story about an ideal he was always attracted to.

Aug 2013
Anybody catch the little references they had around the 17 minute mark? There was a poster spoof of Guilty Crown and a direct reference to Occult Academy in there that had me laughing a bit.
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 2015
I thought solving Kayos murder would wrap things up I was expecting some big revelation and how everything would connect and fill in the holes

finding out Yashiro was the killer was like BAM here the killer you can see his "killer" smile. We knew the killer was someone Satorus mom knew. It was quite obvious since Yashiro was on of the adults who took most screen time

honestly I was expecting some more mystery I might have expected too much and speculated too deep though

Did not like the everyone happy moved on with their life kind of thing. Kayo is married to Hiromi(honestly where did they pull that one from I hate it when they just couple people up like how they did it in Naruto, that was just awful) and has a baby Satoru has successful manga and now anime They have a class reunion

the end
NyabbyMar 24, 2016 2:25 PM

Oct 2013
Rain23 said:
How Satoru know Airi in this timeline? It was a mistake or purposely?

It´s becaue Satoru has his full memory of the old timeline
Mar 24, 2016 2:20 PM
Jan 2016
Terrible writing and then they just shoe-horned in Airi to make the people who read the manga happy. Lame.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
ArdanazMar 25, 2016 12:42 PM
Mar 24, 2016 2:22 PM

Oct 2015
Really enjoyed this.I wished it would have been longer so more of the stuff I've heard about in the manga could have been shown.So glad Airi showed up at the end.I hope they get together.
Mar 24, 2016 2:22 PM

Mar 2012
jirachi3x said:
glamazon said:
So, the whole Kumi-chan thing Yashiro said was a lie all along? That's the only thing that wasn't clear for me yet.

BUT THE BEST PART WAS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AIRI AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I would give it an 8 but after that last scene, it's a proud 9 all the way. Time to read the manga now!!!!!!!

Satoru's friends probably notified the doctors of the medicine being contaminated.
how did they know tho? wasn't satoru's phone broken already? (actually sensei hung up but you got it)
Mar 24, 2016 2:23 PM

Jan 2014
Not yet read the manga so for an anime viewer like me the ending is fantastic. It made sense and tied the show up well. Majestic music was the biggest strong point of the show, the tension built up well for the confrontation scene and of course the feels for the final scene.

I'm a big fan of Kayo but strangely not a shipper of her and Satoru. So no salt for me in last ep and I was able to enjoy it to the fullest. The "Fate" hinted at the end is a good touch to lead to Re-union. Tho I can see a lot of people call it bulls and keep salting on it.
But it was such a good scene. I'm genuinely touched. Like finally everything gonna end well, everything gonna be daijoubu.

Truly struggling between giving it a 9/10 or a 10/10. Like I enjoyed the ride to the fullest I will say, but I can't seem to find the point to love it.
BokuMachi is overall a 9.5/10 for me, for its presentation of a solid serious story with twists in a short but complete timeframe that yields a big impact to the viewers.
You will soon learn that a heart that choose to exist, even in a life filled with pain, will one day allow us to meet again.
With the world's blessings, we will meet again and again, forever returning to the homeworld we've yet to see.
Many, many times.

Mar 24, 2016 2:24 PM

Aug 2014
I said 'what?' more times than I care to admit ^^ It was a very interesting and strange episode. Yashiro and Satoru start out by doing the textbook back-and-forth you expect when a murderer is found out.

But then it changes very suddenly. Yashiro crying and saving Satoru only to let nonchalantly let him fall again. I guess being beaten by a kid really messed with him mentally.

I just knew they would have Airi at the end! Satoru seems so happy to see her. It seems like she's a reporter/photographer in this timeline rather than a pizza delivery worker.

Here's a question for you all; If both Satoru and Yashiro died at the end there how would that have made you feel?

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Sep 2011
No matter what ending they did here, it would've been disappointing. The manga ending was quite shit, but this was even more shit. Though in the end, this show was nothing amazing and was mediocre from beginning to end. The only had visuals and music going for it most of the time. The mystery part of it was quite shittly done and the backstory of the teacher was trashed. Just another overhyped series.

5/10.
TyrelMar 24, 2016 3:44 PM

Jul 2013
xaos12 said:
Illyricus said:
He probably get that from Yashiro xD

No yashiro is both gay and pedo. Satoru just loves young legs(maybe a pedo). He may hook up with kenya in future if he follows sensei.
That's just a proof that Satoru and Yashiro love story is more pure than Satoru's relationship with Kayo xD
Mar 24, 2016 2:26 PM

Aug 2015
OMG.... The amount of salt is incredible.....
you know that this anime is good when you see ppl snapped all over the place just because the anime have better score that their fav/ their ship sunk and started whining about plot holes.

Should have been 8/10 but the incredible amount of salt produces in this anime makes it 9/10 for me :)

Feb 2015
Really enjoyed erased the last few episodes were a bit anticlimactic but that shouldn't take away from the anime as a whole. Probably a 9/10 from me

Dec 2012
Airi appearing at the end, and keeping the manga original ending, single-handedly gives this episode a 10/10. Best ship wins.
Mar 24, 2016 2:27 PM
May 2014
The ending was enjoyable. The journey strayed a lot from the manga in the end with it not feeling as much like a cat and mouse game between the two. One good thing was that Satoru relied on his friends more. Also liked how they showed the rest of the kids as adults. Still dislike how they cut Airi's importance. It would have made more sense for Satoru to get his memories back from seeing Airi than touching the baby.
Mar 24, 2016 2:28 PM

Feb 2015
Ah....the satisfication at the after-credit scene. that is what i was waiting for.
with Kayo is a NO ? let's move on to Airi then. and i think that is the reason why they cut the Airi scene which supposed to appear in episode 11 and they put it in this episode at the after-credit. feels like Angel beats ending XD Satisfication and happines but at the same time, i pissed off at that scene XD.

overall i think it was a great show. i enjoy the thrill, the plot twist, the story. the character was okay too me. i don't know what to say anymore. the point is, i just enjoy this show. i was really into it. poeple say there are many flaws or little flaws, i don't really know what's the problem, well at least i enjoy it. so i don't really give a shit with the problem nor even i don't think there is any problem with this anime.....so....that's all. i will give it 9/10. Simple :)
YizelTroMar 24, 2016 2:32 PM
Mar 24, 2016 2:28 PM

Jun 2015
Diwo said:
Rain23 said:
How Satoru know Airi in this timeline? It was a mistake or purposely?

Yeah, it's right, and how Airi know Satoru?
Mar 24, 2016 2:29 PM

Aug 2015
I thought that Satoru was going to have a relationship with Misati.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=67029][url]
Mar 24, 2016 2:30 PM

Aug 2015
Rain23 said:
Diwo said:

She doesn't know him.
His revival power had something to do with their "random" meeting. (Didn't you see the blue butterfly?)
[url=http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=67029][url]
Mar 24, 2016 2:30 PM

Dec 2014
glamazon said:
jirachi3x said:

Satoru's friends probably notified the doctors of the medicine being contaminated.
how did they know tho? wasn't satoru's phone broken already? (actually sensei hung up but you got it)

It's implied that they knew, Kenya is smart enough to know what method's the teacher can use to frame Satoru.

MoonlightReverie said:
Here's a question for you all; If both Satoru and Yashiro died at the end there how would that have made you feel?

Satoru had already saved his friends, mother and potentially numerous amounts of people from the teacher, so I would have seen him as a tragic hero; which is a good thing :)
Mar 24, 2016 2:31 PM

Apr 2015
bobzanny said:
Fappa said:

Yeah I already saw my mistake and clarified that for him. I should edit it too, Thanks! Don't know why but I get those two mixed up all the time LOL.

I think the fact that it is a mystery, psychological anime with more than 12 episodes is reason enough to anticipate it a lot.

I just hope they don't go too hard on the censoring and keep the overall dark theme coupled with the great and natural ( and bittersweet T-T ) character interactions between "those two".

Lol it happens.

The fact that a LN of this caliber is getting 24 episodes is a reason to be excited. Plus like you said the 1 hour special first episode, White Fox tends to do a good job with these elements. And it's been a while since Akame ga Kill but iirc the censoring was too bad for that series.

At first I had doubts because it's mainly a LN adaptation and one that has big footsteps to follow ( although it's unique in its execution ) then I saw the studio behind it and just recently the news of it being 2 cour with this 1 hour special came up. Ever since this moment I have faith that this might become something "big" if I can say it like that.

I have only read up to halfway into volume 3 but this was enough to give me this impression. Hm yeah Akame ga kill if we ignore its issues had not as much censoring as you would expect. It's just that the detailed depiction of gore in Zero somehow makes it even heavier.
Mar 24, 2016 2:32 PM

Jan 2013
Dannebra said:
People who rate this show 7+ really have low standards. Terrible writing and then they just shoe-horned in Airi to make the people who read the manga happy. Lame.

Not necessarily. There were some brilliant moments in this series. Kayo's arc was executed almost perfectly in my opinion. No matter how bad the ending is, it's not going to take away from that. I mean just look at the scene where they watch the foxes together. The presentation was handled extremely well. That entire arc was written beautifully, if you disagree I could stand here and argue about it all day.

For me personally resolution doesn't mean everything. Might be hard for people to understand, but the conclusion of a show doesn't make and break it for me. Yes, the plot does fall apart towards the end, but that doesn't mean it wasn't incredibly well done in some parts.
Mar 24, 2016 2:33 PM

Jul 2007
Gilzy said:
Fai said:

Thats the biggest problem with this show - not only nothing made any sense, but nothing served any purpose to further the characters.

When the show started I expected the time mechanics to be used to teach him a lesson about life, turn it all around and end up asking Airi out. That was what seemed to be the show about in Ep1.

Then the show spent the entirety of itself by chasing a completely uninteresting serial murder "mystery", none of the characters mattered or changed and then the end happened.

In fact if you just took the first episode and replaced everything from the start of murder plotline with the last parts of this episode of him meeting Airi - you would get a better OVA styled story.
An MC has weird power and hates his life. He feels like he lost his chance at life already and feels his existence is pointless. He then meets this nice girl Airi at work but is unable to really open up or ask her out. Via his power he gets into a hospital and gets visited by the girl and the whole experience makes him appreciate life more. As he checks out of hospital he observes the kid he saved and the life he leads learning a lesson of just how much every day decisions matter. Afterward he encounters the Airi again and starts a relationship with her turning his life around learning that it is never too late to turn your life around just like he did with his power thing to others.

OH LOOK I FIXED ERASED AND DID NOT WASTE 12 EPISODES ON IT!

You've completely missed the point. The show was about a man who was effected by a murder that happened years ago, because of that, his emotions were repressed which led him to being just a pizza delivery guy. After given the chance to relive his childhood and stop that murder from happening, he had to become someone he always wanted to, a Hero.

Once his mother was killed, he revived back to his childhood and tried solving the mystery, as the hero is always wanted to become. The HERO part is the most important characterisation with Satoru as he always wanted to be the guy who 'saves' people. The worst thing that could happen to someone like him is that he fails to save someone; in this case, it was Hinazki in the original timeline.

Him being a mangaka is also something to note, because he couldn't physically be a hero, he put all his heart into writing a story about an ideal he was always attracted to.

I did not miss the point.
I just found the "point" Erased TRIES to make to be trite, poorly thought out and under-developed, thus proposing an alternative that actually does not end up with such a trainwreck.
Mar 24, 2016 2:33 PM

Jun 2015
DanyBv said:
Rain23 said:

She doesn't know him.
His revival power had something to do with their "random" meeting. (Didn't you see the blue butterfly?)

Yes, I see it, but I didn't know that it was related with their random meeting
Mar 24, 2016 2:34 PM

Oct 2013
Rain23 said:
Diwo said:

She doesn´t know him. She was just being nice to a stranger
Mar 24, 2016 2:35 PM

Jun 2015
Diwo said:
Rain23 said:

She doesn´t know him. She was just being nice with a stranger

Oooooh, now makes sense, thanks!

Feb 2015
dude, holy shit every second people posting on this thread. on top of that some of it was shit posting. like just say you opinion and don't talk about other's people opinion shall we ? be mature a little bit.

Jun 2015
glamazon said:
jirachi3x said:

Probably when they had that conversation. He told his friends to get the soft pad to land on so he probably warned them about the contaminated medicine
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Mar 24, 2016 2:36 PM

Jul 2015
Why are people acting like a 7 is a bad score?
Mar 24, 2016 2:38 PM

Jun 2015
This is the most perfect ending I ever seen. too perfect that it can suspicious. Oh scratch that I'm happy. I didn't expect to see Airi at all
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 24, 2016 2:38 PM

May 2015
One of the shittiest anime I've seen since a long time.
Pretentious, filled with incoherences and plot holes.
Characters are bland, bad guy is awful.
Nothing is never explained, you can't just break your own rules.
It was pure cancer from the start to the end.

9.06 ? Is this my faith in japanimation ?
Mar 24, 2016 2:39 PM

Jul 2007
The most onpoint review of the show so far that pretty much points out why this show is so awful:
Mar 24, 2016 2:41 PM
Jan 2016
A lot better than the manga atleast.
Mar 24, 2016 2:42 PM

Nov 2014
There were enough surprises in this episode to make up for the abrupt time jump in the previous episode.

This show started at an 8, the character interactions and mystery took it up to a 9, it dropped to a 7 at episode 11, and crawled back up to an 8 by the end.

Despite some pacing issues, and the vague reasons behind Yashiro and Akemi's hostility, I really liked it overall.

Episode: 5/5
Series: 8/10

1idd0kun said:
xaos12 said:
Lmao they made airi appear out of nowhere at the end. xD

Well, he deserved a chance to get his own happiness.

Yeah, I thought Airi's appearance was great. And just by looking at her you can tell that she has artistic sensibilities (photography) like Satoru, and perhaps a better job now.
aikaflipMar 24, 2016 2:55 PM
Mar 24, 2016 2:42 PM

Jul 2015
Yay for happy ending.
Mar 24, 2016 2:43 PM

Mar 2015
1idd0kun said:
xaos12 said:

Yeah, but that appearance was out of nowhere

It was fate.

lol, wasn't this anime supposed to be "realistic" ?
Pages (28) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2016

616 by bakakisima »»
Apr 10, 1:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.