Forum Settings
Forums

What is your perfect ideal of main characters in anime?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 24, 2016 1:17 PM
Apr 2014
Strawberrycake48 said:
Ciel Phantomhive-
it's refreshing to see an anti-hero as a protagonist...too often are main characters presented as the moral ideal, and a lot of the time it makes them feel like cardboard cutouts. Ciel is just really...human. He's not on the level of disillusionment or insanity as say, Light Yagami, but his relentless actions towards other characters in the series, whether they're good or bad, are questionable. At the same time though, I can't say I disagree with his thoughts and actions.

Finally, someone else who thinks Ciel type characters are perfect MCs.
Mar 24, 2016 1:24 PM

May 2014
syedAli said:
Strawberrycake48 said:
Ciel Phantomhive-
it's refreshing to see an anti-hero as a protagonist...too often are main characters presented as the moral ideal, and a lot of the time it makes them feel like cardboard cutouts. Ciel is just really...human. He's not on the level of disillusionment or insanity as say, Light Yagami, but his relentless actions towards other characters in the series, whether they're good or bad, are questionable. At the same time though, I can't say I disagree with his thoughts and actions.

There's nothing more boring than MCs that are utterly predictable and overly naive...I want a character whose actions and thoughts are at least partly believable. For instance, it kinda annoys me when a character wants to save everyone, and will risk his/her life to save some randomer they've known for two seconds in the same way they would save a best friend. Sure, it's wonderful and shows the positive side of human nature...but how many people are really gonna do that unless there's something in it for them? XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2016 1:30 PM

Apr 2014

This guy, for being perfect in very single way possible.
Mar 24, 2016 1:31 PM
Apr 2014
Strawberrycake48 said:
syedAli said:

There's nothing more boring than MCs that are utterly predictable and overly naive...I want a character whose actions and thoughts are at least partly believable. For instance, it kinda annoys me when a character wants to save everyone, and will risk his/her life to save some randomer they've known for two seconds in the same way they would save a best friend. Sure, it's wonderful and shows the positive side of human nature...but how many people are really gonna do that unless there's something in it for them? XD

Exactly. Who are you? I'm a side character who'll die shortly. OK I'll try to save you and will save you, no problem here. It just sucks.

The dark side of humanity is more delicious than the pure side, and I love it.
Use what you can use, advance when you have the chance and throw away anything that isn't of use anymore, is what (I think) Ciel's psychology is, and in the real world, this IS how you can survive.
Mar 24, 2016 1:47 PM

May 2014
syedAli said:
Strawberrycake48 said:

Exactly. Who are you? I'm a side character who'll die shortly. OK I'll try to save you and will save you, no problem here. It just sucks.

The dark side of humanity is more delicious than the pure side, and I love it.
Use what you can use, advance when you have the chance and throw away anything that isn't of use anymore, is what (I think) Ciel's psychology is, and in the real world, this IS how you can survive.

I believe that a lot of people are like that to an extent...perhaps they don't even realise it! I mean, it's human nature to want to protect your own life above all else, right? If anything, it's way less human to throw yourself under a bus for a stranger for no apparent reason! Maybe I'm a tad cynical, but whatever.
Though I guess it might be more risky to create an MC like that because a lot of people might not like a protagonist that sways towards what is considered more evil??
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2016 1:55 PM

Jul 2015
Keima was a perfect mc for me
also , sadistic/badass characters are my favorite kind of mc
Mar 25, 2016 9:41 PM

Apr 2013
Not from an anime but..Jon motherfucking Snow.
Mar 28, 2016 12:12 AM

Oct 2012
Vita_Aeterna said:
You know nothing jon motherfucking snow......
Mar 28, 2016 3:25 AM

Jan 2014
Every MC is fine as long as it's not a weak male protagonist that weaker and protected/abused by stronger female protagonist.
Mar 28, 2016 3:33 AM

Mar 2016
The red headed guy from Fsn is perfect for the series .

Then again the entire series is structured around him in the first place .

Not as awesome as Tohno Shiki tho ........
True_AncestorMar 28, 2016 3:45 AM
Mar 28, 2016 3:41 AM
Dec 2015
Simon from TT Gurren Lagann. After many hardships and tragedies he dont just stay weak and winy like so many anime protagonists do. He gets stronger, braver and more confident. Not to mention badass.
Mar 28, 2016 3:44 AM

Dec 2015
OPM is the only perfect mc i can think of...
:/
Mar 28, 2016 3:46 AM

Apr 2014
as long as they don't need to use nakama power to win, i'm alright.
Mar 28, 2016 4:48 AM
Apr 2014
kirisakitrash said:
as long as they don't need to use nakama power to win, i'm alright.

Hahaha, I hate nakama power too it's just too absurd and unrealistic.
Mar 28, 2016 5:07 AM

Sep 2015
The one who sits beside the window in class.

Nah jk, as long as they're not assholes I'm chill with it.
Mar 28, 2016 12:26 PM

Oct 2015
The one that acts like a real person. Don't care what their personality is, just as long as they act like an actual person.
Mar 28, 2016 1:28 PM

Mar 2015
For every anime show,

I think the most perfect ideal character would be me of course.
Gin-chan said:
Anime - it's not something that can be thought of in a hall for conferences. It is made out of strange juices current from the brain of animators.
Mar 28, 2016 4:44 PM

Sep 2014
In some words-pictures, my "perfect" ideal of a main character in anime is:

For male character:
-An anime version of Goliath from Gargoyles because It's a charismatic-intelligent-strong-cool leader.

-Vash of Trigun. A guy with a monstruous power but using it to make peace by and does his best to not kill any opponent.

-Ryo Saeba. It's hard to describe why I like very much him but I believe he's such a great male character.

-Guts. After so many teenage horrible good-looking action male main characters, Guts is like a huge cup of fresh air. Badass without magical stuff-skill, interesting without being annoying as hell he's what I would like to see more in action anime.

-
-For female character:

-Erin from Kemono no Souja. The toughest, strongest, ressourceful, kind, likeable girl I've never seen..

-Balsa Yonsa and Motoko Kousanagi. This is how I see what is a true "strong independant woman".

-Horo from Spice and Wolf. Cunning and interesting character.

-And most of Tsukasha Hojo female characters...This guy makes so great-beautifull female heros.
Mar 28, 2016 5:15 PM

Aug 2015
ok that's a hard question but I will try.

for male main character:-

• Handsome like Zero Kiryu from Vampire Knight

• personality like Houtarou Oreki from Hyouka

• serious like Shinya Kougami from PsychoPass

• badass like Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail

• wears glasses like Ryuugazaki Rei from Free!(THIS IS A MUST. MAIN CHARACTER MUST BE MEGANE!

• otaku-ly genius like Shiroe from Log Horizon

• peaceful and refreshing like Tachibana Makoto from Free!

• sense of humor like Okazaki Tomoya from Clannad

• caring like Usui Takumi

As for girls,there's not that many. It's combine of Tsunemori Akane from PsychoPass nd Watanabe Saki from Shinsekai Yori. They are the best main female characters I've ever seen.They are both strong,calm minded, and able to take on tasks that could break anyone else of their age.

And she should look like Yuuki Cross from Vampire Knight~
NekoutsuMar 28, 2016 5:48 PM
Mar 28, 2016 5:30 PM
Jun 2015
Someone who is like Hikigaya Hachiman.
Mar 28, 2016 5:31 PM

Oct 2014
probably shinji ikari
half of the show is dedicated to flesh him out and make him one of the most realistic and relatable characters in anime
Mar 28, 2016 5:38 PM

Sep 2009
Human-like. Driven. Good-looking.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Mar 28, 2016 5:40 PM
Aug 2014
The character must be
-light-hearted
-A supportive friend
-Determined to succeed
-morally unwavering
Doesn't judge people without giving them a chance and isn't afraid to take matters into their own hand

..............I just described my fav MC, take a guess
Mar 28, 2016 5:51 PM
Feb 2016
Honestly, just a normal character. Haven't you seen those animes that focus in the background characters not the main cast, because everyone is important to a show. So I a guess just a character with character, a certain style or uniqueness to oneself individual standards, and all around them. The best you you can be is yourself right? I don't want the acting or the person running through the lines of their character. I want someone to experience it then come back and make an anime about it so they it has emotions around the words they are saying.
Mar 28, 2016 6:09 PM
Aug 2015
Naruto Uzumaki. There isn't a better protagonist
Mar 28, 2016 6:11 PM

Dec 2012
I love that Mutta mention lol

But I don't believe there's a perfect mc. The perfect mc's are the one who compliments the story best.
Mar 28, 2016 6:12 PM

Jun 2015
A character who doesnt deal with shit. Even in some of the best anime, characters may act weak or do things that might annoy the watcher. Someone who is very good at reading situations and has a rude attitude due to the stupidity around him and he wont be afraid to point it out, in their face, in front of their friends.
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Mar 28, 2016 6:15 PM

Mar 2016
My Ideal Main Character .........

* Kind
* Gentle
* Truth Speaking
* Humble
* Willing to be a hero
* Full of resolve
* Strategist
* carry the burdens of his / her comrades

Appearance :

* Handsome / Beautiful
* For Men I like Medium Hair i dont like long hair or bald types
For Women I like Long hair maybe short if the character has an eyeglasses
* Hair Colors - White , Black , Blonde or any Dark Colors, i dont like light colors except white and blonde hair .

* Body - Normal Body, i dont like macho and malnourish :P
* Height - Medium, i dont like shorty may be a bit taller will do.

Clothing :

* i Dont like top less characters or girl protagonist that only wears a bikini
* i like casual and cool looking clothes.

~~ I dont like overpowered ones .. Maybe i like those main characters that starts w/ weak character then become strong along the story .
I think everything in this world is beautiful. The sky, birds, bugs, frogs, flowers, and even rocks. Because, if God created this world, could there really be anything dirty and ugly in it?
Mar 28, 2016 6:29 PM

Nov 2009
You can't go wrong with Masa-san

Mar 28, 2016 6:55 PM

Sep 2015
For me, the best main character is the one who resembles me the most. It's why I usually gravitate towards shounen-like characters.

Even though there are countless copy and paste friendly protagionists all over anime I still think the Gon Freecss from Hunter X Hunter plays the trope out the best.

I wouldn't mind seeing more people like him.

Rarity is Best Pony!
Mar 28, 2016 9:20 PM

Jun 2015
Severely disfunctional humans that attempt a try at normality. Characters like Kiritsugu from F/Z, Emiya from FS/N, Kyouhei from Kamisama Dolls. Also, characters that start from thr ground up like Rygart from Break Blade and Harutora from Tokyo Ravens.

If and when Iris Zero becomes an anime that would be the perfect hero for me.
Mar 28, 2016 9:31 PM

Nov 2013
I just recently found my ideal character, it's in a manhua titled Fenglin Tianxia. That MC takes no shit from others.

if I want to be specific my ideal MC should be:

strong-willed ( MC doesn't have to be physically strong too, just a will that continues to stand up whenever it trips is enough )

smart ( either academically or street-wise )

realistic ( the kind of MC that doesn't spout " I believe in you " every freaking chapter when he/she barely knows the other character and analyzes the situation in a realistic manner. Of course , MC still has dreams that are somewhat far-fetched, so MC will try to achieve it in his/her own way. )

Ambitious

Confident but isn't cocky ( MC knows his/her capabilities )

trustworthy

supportive

a friend indeed

thoughtful

( physical appearance doesn't really matter to me that much, as long as MC is decent looking, it's enough )
DenzRuiMar 28, 2016 9:49 PM
Mar 28, 2016 10:09 PM

Jul 2015
Lala is the best grill ever :DDDDDDD
Mar 28, 2016 11:56 PM

Jun 2012
Intelligence and a silver tongue (physically weak for balance)
Has no problems using underhanded methods against villains (or anything who would do them/their friends harm)
Enjoyable monologues and conversations
Non perverted
Doesn't let people walk all over them

There's more, but basically you can't go wrong with a combination of Yuuji from Grisaia and Yamato from Majikoi.
Mar 29, 2016 2:14 AM

Oct 2012
hydro said:
Intelligence and a silver tongue (physically weak for balance)
Has no problems using underhanded methods against villains (or anything who would do them/their friends harm)
Enjoyable monologues and conversations
Non perverted
Doesn't let people walk all over them

There's more, but basically you can't go wrong with a combination of Yuuji from Grisaia and Yamato from Majikoi.
Finally someone mention Yamato from majikoi. You are my bro now.
Mar 29, 2016 2:23 AM
Jul 2018
My standard of a perfect ideal main character is high. if male
i want him to be op or at least very strong that talking smack, he is also being honest, not like a persona main character, a person who fight for women or sex, love doesnt apply to him, and only loves the person who he first fell in love with and stay with that person.

If women
Big boobs, any dere that isnt tsun, can fight, only loves the person who he first fell in love with and stay with that person.
Mar 29, 2016 3:03 AM

Mar 2016
Mine are depend on the genre,

For action anime, my ideal
Male : Physically strong, honest, show less interest in romance but knowing others feeling
Female : Strong, intelligent, rarely blushed/flushed and blushes only for one person she loved

For slice of life,
Male : Lazy but smart, like Oreki Houtarou
Female : have a strong personality, gentle, rarely blushed/flushed and blushes only for one person she loved
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"
Mar 29, 2016 12:03 PM

Apr 2013
Kynov said:
Vita_Aeterna said:
You know nothing jon motherfucking snow......

And by Jon Snow, I mean mostly the book version, not that TV-movie has that many differences for this character.
Nov 17, 2019 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
How come this thread hasn't gotten more posts?

My ideal MC would:

1) Be flawed.
2) Have a backstory that explains why they behave the way they do.
3) Be smart.
4) Their words would often contradict their actions, in a way that makes sense within context, adding more complex depth to them. Guts is an amazing example of a character in the early Berserk chapters whose words contradicts his actions.
5) Be entertaining: funny, but not obnoxiously quirky like Subaru.
6) Be an asshole to some degree.
Nov 17, 2019 1:48 PM

Feb 2019
RealTheAbsurdist said:
How come this thread hasn't gotten more posts?

My ideal MC would:

1) Be flawed.
2) Have a backstory that explains why they behave the way they do.
3) Be smart.
4) Their words would often contradict their actions, in a way that makes sense within context, adding more complex depth to them. Guts is an amazing example of a character in the early Berserk chapters whose words contradicts his actions.
5) Be entertaining: funny, but not obnoxiously quirky like Subaru.
6) Be an asshole to some degree.

I wanted to make a comment, but then saw yours and it was literally what I wanted to comment. Top tier taste, sir.
Nov 17, 2019 3:45 PM

Aug 2018
I don't an ideal mc, that would be boring AF. I wouldn't like to see the same kind of characters in every show.

The only thing that I would like in every character is just... HAVING A FKING PERSONALITY. I don't care if it's smart, dumb, weak, strong, etc...
Nov 17, 2019 4:23 PM

Jun 2015
Me, well Id I was the main character.

or a movie that chronicles the life of Hiko Seijuuro.

Hisoka Morow.

Or the best example, Dracula from hellsing
Nov 18, 2019 4:51 AM

Dec 2018
A pure lesbian with good values!! Tamate Momochiis is the role model for the rest of my waifus!! She dont even date girls that have a ex boyfriend,,, Because she dont like the kind of impure females!! And for that I love her and hold her in highly regard amongst my girls!! She taught me how important pureness is!! And to only accept the purest of lesbians!! She is my perfect girl!!

Yuri-CrusaderNov 18, 2019 4:55 AM
Nov 18, 2019 7:04 AM

Oct 2008
If we're talking main characters:

Elias Ainsworth (Mahou Tsukai no Yome)
Kazami Yuuji (Grisaia no Kajitsu)
Takigawa Yoshino (Zetsuen no Tempest)
Altair (Re:Creators)
Dazai Osamu (Bungou Stray dogs)
Goblin Slayer (Goblin Slayer)
Nobunaga (Drifters)
Shizu (Kino's journey)
Ikta Solork (Alderamin)
Ayanokouji Kiyotaka (Classroom of the elite)
Nov 19, 2019 10:48 PM

Oct 2018
I always fall in love with smart character like light yagami,Lelouch Lamperouge......

for me :

- smart
- logical
- anti social
- helping nature
- mysterious
- mastermind

“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Jun 18, 2020 6:29 AM
Jun 2020
I think, souma from SNS is most ideal main character. Smart, funny, positive, talented, gentle, and handsome
Leomartinus22Jun 18, 2020 6:35 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 11 hours ago

18 by traed »»
6 seconds ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

22 by deg »»
6 minutes ago

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 13 minutes ago

1 by SnipeStrike »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Yesterday

61 by Zenhashi »»
8 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

195 by TitanOfPlasma »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.