Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Aug 15, 2016 6:12 AM

Nov 2009
bokami said:
Why do people not like anime with no fanservice?

Anime with no fanservice is well-liked enough. Just look at the top anime: FMA:Brotherhood probably has no fanservice to speak of, it's a shounen. The same applies to Hunter x Hunter. Steins;Gate didn't have any sexual fanservice while I watched it. No idea what's inside Gintama and LoGH, but they aren't ecchi shows, are they?

Smoofie said:
And another reason, it's a goddamn 2d animated character. I really don't get how one can get aroused by a 2d character. Like..how?

Step 1: suspend disbelief. They aren't just bunches of pixels, they're people with interesting lives.
Step 2: find an attractive girl. This isn't hard, because they just don't draw the details that make people unattractive IRL. Anime characters have perfect skin, big eyes, breasts of any size you want, hair the colors of the rainbow...
Step 3: Put her in an arousing situation. If her show doesn't provide fanservice, internet and its rule 34 will come to the rescue.
Step 4: Go on, get aroused.

@VagueClarity sorry for the late reply.

VagueClarity said:
-It's probably more normal for people of any gender/sexual orientation to not be constantly thinking of sex. @EcchiLordMamster You had some decent arguments, but when you mentioned that you thought of something sexually stimulating every 10-20 seconds and proceeded to call it normal (which, by the way, means it applies to a majority) for straight guys, I immediately lost all respect for your opinion on the matter.

"every N seconds" is a dubious fact one can occasionally find on the internet. I don't think it's his personal observation.

VagueClarity said:
-Ecchi scenes belong in ecchi anime. There are far too many anime out there that include scenes that are "fan service" in a "sexual" way when the anime has nothing to do with sex. Additionally, most anime that include this sort of thing rely on maybe 10-15 variations--they've been overused to the point that it's stupid.

Note that degree of sexual fanservice does not contain a single clear line in japanese broadcasting rules or any similarly important set of rules. In anime, it seems to have a smooth progression from "none, it's a kids' show" to "pantyshot in every shot, gotta win over Strike Witches" to "the producers didn't allow us to make hentai, but we really want to". "Ecchi" tag is arbitrarily assigned by western databases. This is partly because Japanese views on sexuality differ from the West, and partly because stupid laws aren't forcing them into brackets.

Do note that the small number of variations isn't what matters for an anime that doesn't focus on fanservice - if there is only one panty shot of Shakugan no Shana, the viewers wouldn't feel it's overused - it's not some random panty shot, it's a panty shot of our favorite heroine.

Anime that do focus on fanservice tend to be quite creative about it.

VagueClarity said:
-I, for one, find it more aesthetically pleasing to look at someone who is wearing decent and flattering clothing, rather than something to make them out to be a sex doll. Finding someone attractive in a platonic way or even romantically can happen without it leading to desiring sex.

Anime does provide a wide variety of female character designs. Tohsaka Rin is quite properly dressed, while Rider (F/SN or UBW, not Fate/Zero) isn't.

VagueClarity said:
-In real life, breast sizes higher than DD carry health hazards to women. Additionally, attractiveness is entirely subjective--"beauty is in the eye of the beholder"--so it's obvious that no single aspect of a person can be said to be universally 'better."

Once again, anime provides a variety of female character designs. Just recently, I've been laughing at Himekawa feeling her huge breasts aren't big enough (partly because two other girls are even bigger); Tohsaka Rin's breasts are just right (in my opinion); and Shakugan no Shana is quite flat, but a romantic heroine nonetheless.
flannanAug 15, 2016 6:42 AM
Aug 15, 2016 8:16 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
CheekyKunt said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

ok seriously, people keep saying this... yet i can't think of any examples where this actually happens

*inb4 picks a show that's not supposed to be serious in the first place*

Yeah you honestly got a good point...can't think of anything right now off the top of my head lmao.

yea people are always saying "i don't like when they put an ecchi scene during a serious moment" but everytime its ALWAYS in show thats not even serious in the first place, so i don't see why that would matter

Akame Ga Kill!, HotD and the currently airing Taboo tattoo are NOT serious....

people act as if the creators don't know what theyre doing lol

Bourmegar said:
@EcchiLordMamster
Wait so you are telling me that we will get a girls version of free????

its probably not gonna be anything like Free! although ive never seen Free! lol
Aug 15, 2016 8:32 AM

Jan 2014
As offensive as i will sound right now.
I don't know what kind of mental disorder you are having if you don't like fan service.
This is just stupid.. How can you dislike fan service when 90% of anime is based on it (and 9% on at least a little bit of fanservice).
let's leave that 1% innocent ;)
Aug 15, 2016 10:21 AM

Oct 2014
EcchiLordMamster said:
CheekyKunt said:

Yeah you honestly got a good point...can't think of anything right now off the top of my head lmao.

yea people are always saying "i don't like when they put an ecchi scene during a serious moment" but everytime its ALWAYS in show thats not even serious in the first place, so i don't see why that would matter

Bourmegar said:
@EcchiLordMamster
Wait so you are telling me that we will get a girls version of free????

Well still looks "Interesting" enough for me xd

Besides, ppl treat Fanservice like it is inherently bad, which it totally is NOT xd
Aug 15, 2016 10:26 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Bourmegar said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

Besides, ppl treat Fanservice like it is inherently bad, which it totally is NOT xd

lol well its gonna be anime of the decade for me no doubt

yea man, i've only ever found ONE reviewer on youtube who praises fanservice therefore minus a bit of theanimeman i don't watch anyone else cause the rest all just don't want to lose their "fanservice sucks" subscribers
Aug 15, 2016 10:44 AM

Mar 2008
why 90% of fanservice anime are low rated
i think Mal is broken yeah
Aug 15, 2016 1:53 PM

Oct 2014
EcchiLordMamster said:
Bourmegar said:

yea man, i've only ever found ONE reviewer on youtube who praises fanservice therefore minus a bit of theanimeman i don't watch anyone else cause the rest all just don't want to lose their "fanservice sucks" subscribers

Who is this youtuber you are talking about?
Aug 15, 2016 2:53 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Bourmegar said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

Who is this youtuber you are talking about?

Only the greatest ecchi reviewer of all time

Bushidospear!t

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ0SYVn0rp4

He's had many channels that kept gettin taken down lol
Aug 15, 2016 3:06 PM

Mar 2016
Sometimes it takes away from the seriousness of the situation

Aug 15, 2016 3:24 PM

Oct 2015
maybe animated scenes dont appeal to them ?
Aug 15, 2016 6:13 PM

Aug 2016
It really depends on the person and what they're into and stuff
Aug 15, 2016 10:00 PM

Aug 2012
If it's ecchi I just shake my head and move on. I do not like pointless fanservice much anymore.
Aug 16, 2016 1:59 AM

Dec 2015
Im ok with fanservice :/ Idk what it really means like is it butler/maid stuff? If its that I want to be house owner like Ciel Phantomhive in black butler :)
Aug 16, 2016 2:57 AM

Nov 2009
MrRavagen said:
Im ok with fanservice :/ Idk what it really means like is it butler/maid stuff?

Fanservice (broad definition) means anything added to a show to please the "fans". For example, cosplayers of other anime in the backgrounds of anime-fan-related areas of Japan.

Fanservice (narrow definition) means sexy things added to a show to please the "fans". Pantyshots (situation when a female characters' underwear is visible to the viewer) is the most famous variety.

Some of the main cast dressed up as maids or butlers for weak reasons (like "it's school festival, let's make a maid cafe!") is fanservice in the broad definition. If these outfits are sexy (and they often are, because "maid" is one of the sexiest jobs ever) it's also fanservice in the narrow definition.
Aug 16, 2016 4:06 AM

Dec 2015
flannan said:
MrRavagen said:
Im ok with fanservice :/ Idk what it really means like is it butler/maid stuff?

Fanservice (broad definition) means anything added to a show to please the "fans". For example, cosplayers of other anime in the backgrounds of anime-fan-related areas of Japan.

Fanservice (narrow definition) means sexy things added to a show to please the "fans". Pantyshots (situation when a female characters' underwear is visible to the viewer) is the most famous variety.

Some of the main cast dressed up as maids or butlers for weak reasons (like "it's school festival, let's make a maid cafe!") is fanservice in the broad definition. If these outfits are sexy (and they often are, because "maid" is one of the sexiest jobs ever) it's also fanservice in the narrow definition.

Ahh allright well more pantyshots!
Aug 18, 2016 6:06 PM

Feb 2013
Because it's pointless and detracts from the plot.
Aug 18, 2016 7:34 PM
Jul 2018
The human being created civilization not because of willingness but of a need to be assimilated into higher orders of structure and meaning.
Aug 18, 2016 8:42 PM

Nov 2014
If I don't feel serviced, I don't like it.

merryfistmas said:
Actually, I don't fap to it, I stop watching it, go find a monogatari doujin, and fap to that, then I go back to watching serial experiments lain or Ping Pong

Jun 9, 2017 12:19 AM
Sep 2015
I only dislike fanservice when it does not make sense in the context, and it to a certain degree is because I sometimes looks up to the protagonists in the animes and even fantalize being as brave and skilled as them.

For example, a female protagonist wore an armor that spared her belly or shows her entire chest in battle which can literally kill her. I would feel the female protagonist is not putting in enough effort or dedication to win the battle and has more desire to appear physically appealing. Especially when the protagonist is actually determined and dedicated, it feels like everything I have seen is fake at this point. The same thing goes for males, growing too much muscles when their main job is to be agile (this is less of a problem for me, as muscle usually helps show the protagonist's dedication to his/her profession and amount of training he/she did)

So just put it in this way, fan service usually destroys my fantasy of pretending anime is real and there are actually people showing incredible qualities to solve puzzles, save people, fight when it seems impossible, etc. I feel disillusioned and no longer connected to the character.

This is just me I guess.
Jun 9, 2017 12:32 AM

Nov 2015
Wot, who dafuq dont liek fanservice ???
He shud be punished D:
Wut a horrible thjng to do, hating fanservice... Wut has the world become into
~Yume's Ass and Shihiro's Boobs are gifts from God for us foolish Mortals~

Jun 10, 2017 1:14 PM

Dec 2015
I think fanservice is ok for the most part. It can be utilized for comedy or as the focal point of the story like in Keijo. I have no problem with Fanservice for the sake of Fanservice either, as long as it doesn't damage the plot in any way it's fine.

I think fanservice gets a bad reputation because some shows think a good character is based on the size of their tits
Jun 10, 2017 10:12 PM

Nov 2009
lindaCai1997 said:
I only dislike fanservice when it does not make sense in the context, and it to a certain degree is because I sometimes looks up to the protagonists in the animes and even fantalize being as brave and skilled as them.

For example, a female protagonist wore an armor that spared her belly or shows her entire chest in battle which can literally kill her. I would feel the female protagonist is not putting in enough effort or dedication to win the battle and has more desire to appear physically appealing. Especially when the protagonist is actually determined and dedicated, it feels like everything I have seen is fake at this point. The same thing goes for males, growing too much muscles when their main job is to be agile (this is less of a problem for me, as muscle usually helps show the protagonist's dedication to his/her profession and amount of training he/she did)

So just put it in this way, fan service usually destroys my fantasy of pretending anime is real and there are actually people showing incredible qualities to solve puzzles, save people, fight when it seems impossible, etc. I feel disillusioned and no longer connected to the character.

This is just me I guess.

Personally, I would be quite surprised that the protagonist is actually wearing armor in the first place, and would not sweat the details like the armor not covering everything. Anime protagonists are usually the agile types that aren't wearing armor. And the ones who do wear armor are wearing little of it in strategic places. Armor is heavy, and unless the fighter is superhumanly strong, it will get in the way of being agile a lot more than being muscular would. And if one expects superhumanly strong opponents, armor is pretty much useless anyway. (Guts slicing through three full-plate wearing soldiers at once.jpg)

Expecting anime character designers to actually know that breast-hugging armor would not work IRL is too much. Personally, I have a theory that such a breastplate is the fantasy equivalent of a sports bra, and is not meant to actually protect the heroine.

By the way, not putting that much effort into winning, and quite a lot of effort on personal glory seems to have been quite common in real history. I heard that samurai battles would dissolve into numerous duels, with the samurai loudly proclaiming challenges and announcing their victories. And knights of the Crusades would often ignore whatever they're supposed to do to fight worthy opponents (that is, enemy heavy cavalry).
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

170 by perseii »»
2 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men?

Alpha_1_Zero - 4 hours ago

29 by IKKIsama »»
10 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 9 hours ago

25 by Starchaser »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - 55 minutes ago

5 by Ratris_Decision »»
12 minutes ago

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 21

73 by tectacles »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.