Forums

Superman V Batman is getting destroyed by the critics

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 28, 2016 7:29 AM

Jun 2008
Finally got to see it...

I liked it.

It is a bit convoluted, but I was very much entertained.

Affleck really stole the show though, he was AMAZING as Batman, way better than I expected, and the Batman himself was just kicking so much fucking ass every time he was on screen.....Can't wait for a stand alone Batman film featuring Affleck.

The Superman death is complete bullshit though....we all know he's not dead, why even bother doing this?

I thought Wonder Woman's appearance was pretty nice too...
Mar 28, 2016 7:31 AM

Apr 2014
JustALEX said:

The Superman death is complete bullshit though....we all know he's not dead, why even bother doing this?
This is a classic move that comic books do all the time. It really felt like Snyder was making the movie for the comic book nerds out there and not really the general public. It felt a lot like the animated series and comics. But thats how Snyder rolls look at his other works its always been like that
Mar 28, 2016 7:44 AM

Aug 2013
For gods sake guys the spoiler tag exists for a reason use it.
Mar 28, 2016 7:49 AM

Aug 2014
Saw it over the weekend. It was...a mess. A visually appealing mess, but a mess nonetheless. Pretty much everything's been said by others so I won't bother parroting.

Random note: If Marvel ever plans to use Arcade in their movies/live-action shows, they need to get Jesse Eisenberg. He will kill in the role.
Mar 28, 2016 8:53 AM

Oct 2014
I think its plain obvious that Ben Affleck is not part of the problem for the more underwhelming parts of the film. For the first time, we actually get to see that quick and powerful Batman on the big screen that the comics have.

Any of you remember that armor that says, "Joke's on you, Batman" ? Yeah, if they're gonna do a live-adaptation of Under The Red Hood, Ben should do a great job.
Mar 28, 2016 8:54 AM

Apr 2012
One of my IRL friends said it was alright. So I might see it when I have time.
Mar 28, 2016 10:18 AM

Dec 2012
Khaosman-ADVENT said:
I think its plain obvious that Ben Affleck is not part of the problem for the more underwhelming parts of the film. For the first time, we actually get to see that quick and powerful Batman on the big screen that the comics have.

How is Bale's not quick and powerful?
I think people underrate his batman performance. He is the best batman, but then again I'm terribly biased.
tsudecimoMar 28, 2016 10:24 AM
Mar 28, 2016 11:21 AM

Sep 2010
tsudecimo said:
Khaosman-ADVENT said:

I think people underrate his batman performance. He is the best batman, but then again I'm terribly biased.

michael keaton laughed after reading this comment

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Mar 28, 2016 11:29 AM

Oct 2014
tsudecimo said:

Bale's Batman is probably the best in terms of characterization, there's a lot of emotion put into his acting (maybe too much even). But in terms of the action, he fights really sloppy. He tries but I guess Nolan was going for realism, so they didn't bother about that.

Batfleck, however was swooping around and fighting a whole gang of thugs AT ONCE. Whoever was in charge of the fight choreography definitely looked at the Arkham games for inspiration.
Mar 28, 2016 11:34 AM

Dec 2012
Khaosman-ADVENT said:
tsudecimo said:

Bale's Batman is probably the best in terms of characterization, there's a lot of emotion put into his acting (maybe too much even). But in terms of the action, he fights really sloppy. He tries but I guess Nolan was going for realism, so they didn't bother about that.

Batfleck, however was swooping around and fighting a whole gang of thugs AT ONCE. Whoever was in charge of the fight choreography definitely looked at the Arkham games for inspiration.

Oh, I guess you are right. From what I saw from the trailer batman was packing quite powerful punches but then again it makes more sense for this to be the strongest batman yet since he is facing Superman.
Mar 28, 2016 11:36 AM

Apr 2011
I'm thinking about going to see it tomorrow. Hopefully, there won't be as many people due to it being weekends.
Mar 28, 2016 8:36 PM

Jan 2014
yhunata said:
I'm thinking about going to see it tomorrow. Hopefully, there won't be as many people due to it being weekends.

I'm pretty sure the theatres will still be packed for a while yet. Some people are apparently going to see it multiple times as well.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 29, 2016 7:50 AM

Apr 2011
Just got back from the movie. As much as I wanted to say this movie was great, I kinda have to agree with the critics on this one. It was pretty bland. Batfleck was easily the best part about the movie, but I still disagree with anyone who says Batfleck is the best LA Batman. Batfleck is just way too aggressive. And Lex Luthor was the worst. God, did they mix up his script with Joker's?

Btw, who was the fourth Meta? I recognised Flash (duh), Wonder Woman (again, duh) and Aquaman (yet again, duh), but I didn't recognise the final one.

RedRoseFring said:
yhunata said:

I'm pretty sure the theatres will still be packed for a while yet. Some people are apparently going to see it multiple times as well.

The cinema was just half full.
Mar 29, 2016 7:52 AM

Aug 2014
yhunata said:
Just got back from the movie. As much as I wanted to say this movie was great, I kinda have to agree with the critics on this one. It was pretty bland. Batfleck was easily the best part about the movie, but I still disagree with anyone who says Batfleck is the best LA Batman. Batfleck is just way too aggressive. And Lex Luthor was the worst. God, did they mix up his script with Joker's?

Btw, who was the fourth Meta? I recognised Flash (duh), Wonder Woman (again, duh) and Aquaman (yet again, duh), but I didn't recognise the final one.

RedRoseFring said:

The fourth meta was Cyborg.
Mar 29, 2016 8:19 AM

Apr 2011
AllenNoah said:
yhunata said:

The fourth meta was Cyborg.

Yeah, I just found that out. I didn't know his crest looked like that.
Mar 29, 2016 8:19 AM
Mar 2011
Khaosman-ADVENT said:
tsudecimo said:

over labat man was never a Figter and nolan movies thematcally took more from miller batman so easpclly in rises
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Mar 29, 2016 8:21 AM

Jan 2016
I dont like the new batman outfit.
Mar 29, 2016 9:26 AM

Oct 2014
Moemasu said:
I dont like the new batman outfit.

That's ironic, considering the Batsuit in the movie is the most faithful one to the comics compared to the past outfits. Ben Affleck also has the right build for Batman, so that works too.

Or if you're talking about the armored Batsuit, that was inspired by the original armored Batsuit in The Dark Knight Returns where Batman and Superman fought as well.
Mar 29, 2016 9:32 AM

Jan 2016
i am talking abouch the batsuite with the metal like body and look more robotic
Mar 29, 2016 10:35 AM

Dec 2013
I'll probably watch it still, but it's a poor concept imo and the trailer looked like it was going to be poorly done on top of that.
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Mar 29, 2016 10:44 AM

Apr 2011
Moemasu said:

The armor was specially made to fight Supes. I mean, he can't take on Supes with his normal Batsuit, he'd die immediately.
Mar 29, 2016 3:15 PM

Jan 2014
yhunata said:
Moemasu said:

The armor was specially made to fight Supes. I mean, he can't take on Supes with his normal Batsuit, he'd die immediately.

Well
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Mar 29, 2016 7:17 PM

Jun 2014
It was pretty bad. Only reason it's getting views is because people wanna see Batman and Superman duke it out. They spoiled way too much in the second trailer, and Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor was absolutely appalling. It was like watching Jesse's Mark Zuckerberg all over again, which is not completely different from how Lex Luthor should be.

Mar 29, 2016 11:17 PM

Jan 2016
yhunata said:
Moemasu said:

Yea , its just that it doent look great as the previous suite .
Mar 30, 2016 3:31 AM
Jan 2016
I hate to say it but this movie deserves the bad reception. Its a prime example of putting too much into a film and making a lot of poor choices. Lex Luther's casting was one of the first red flags for me when this film got announced.
Mar 30, 2016 5:46 AM

Aug 2013
why did they cast eisenberg as Luthor ?

Luthor is supposed to be suave, calculating and intelligent

in this movie he looks like the bastard son of the Joker and Zuckerberg
Mar 30, 2016 8:22 AM

Jun 2014
Yeah, they might as well have made a new super villain. It was quite literally a cross of Zuckerberg and the Joker.

Mar 30, 2016 10:34 AM

Jan 2016
this movie would be a lot better without batman, i really liked Man of Steel.
Mar 30, 2016 1:28 PM

Sep 2007
It wasn't as god awful as people seem to make it out to be, but it wasn't great either. The worst thing about the movie is the editing. It just didn't flow right, especially considering the amount of story they tried to chuck in there. Random scenes thrown in here and there. Batman's warehouse fight was particularly shit considering the ridiculous amount of camera cuts.

1. Knightmare dream sequences.

2. Justice League intros.

3. Lex Luthor.

4. Louis Lane. Completely unnecessary subplot that took up way too much time.

5. Wonder Woman. I expected her to have a bigger part in the movie but meh. She still kicked ass though and was a good highlight in the third act.
Mar 30, 2016 6:38 PM

Jan 2013
^^ Pretty much agree with you @Wasabi, the editing was very strange, to the point where it was actually distracting.
I really didn't give a shit about Lois Lane and her storyline, it was drawn out way too much.
I always thought casting Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor was a weird choice, and seeing him in the movie just confirmed that...his speech?? I cringed. I thought Lex Luthor is supposed to be composed and charming, but under the surface and hidden well lie his sociopathic tendencies. In BvS, his madness was right on the surface...stop trying to be The Joker.

Those were the main bad points of the film imo, the rest I thought was actually pretty good. The action was great! Seeing Wonder Woman in action was really awesome and there were some great action sequences.
Overall I think the reviews were a bit too harsh, the film is a lot better than what the critics make it out to be.
RDWMar 30, 2016 6:41 PM
Mar 30, 2016 7:13 PM

Feb 2016
I think i will just wait for it to come online in good quality
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2016 10:57 PM

Aug 2013
Spooks said:
For gods sake guys the spoiler tag exists for a reason use it.

I don't even care anymore if I get spoiled or not
Mar 31, 2016 12:28 PM

Jan 2014
Okay, the mother's name thing has started to bother me. It clearly wasn't about just that.

There are a lot of fair criticisms, but the sillier ones make things more aggravating.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Mar 31, 2016 1:38 PM

Aug 2014
RedRoseFring said:
Okay, the mother's name thing has started to bother me. It clearly wasn't about just that.

There are a lot of fair criticisms, but the sillier ones make things more aggravating.

I'm not too sure.

Granted, it's not something to get angry about. At worst it's just "That's an odd way to resolve their conflict. Seen worse, though (Gods and Monsters comes to mind)."
AllenNoahMar 31, 2016 4:07 PM
Mar 31, 2016 2:14 PM
Mar 2015
I finally got to watch the movie,and I cant say I am impressed.The critics are definitely harsh but this movie isnt anywhere near the word 'good'.It felt rushed and action between Batman vs Superman wasnt that great tbh.I liked Batman vs dozen of hostiles battle scene and Doomsday vs Superman and Wonder woman more.Anyways there were some good scenes but overall my rating will be 5/10
Mar 31, 2016 3:49 PM

Jul 2010
SetsukoHara said:
I watched it yesterday. It was just a bit better than Man of Steel. The first hour and a half was a huge mess, the scene didn't flow really well, which didn't help understanding that confusing movie.

Lex Luthor's plan was nonsensical (Why the fuck did he create Doomsday? Even if it kills Superman, you can't control it, so you'll only get something worse.) and his motivations weren't well established. It's like the movie wanted us to be conflicted about him at the beginning but then say: "oh fuck it! He's just a psycho!", Very mature DC... Also, why did they chose to depict him like that. He was like Mark Zuckerberg and the Joker bastard son, it's definitely not the way I see Lex Luthor.

That Batman vs Superman fight was also quite underwhelming, most of it was shown during the trailer, and mostly consisted of Superman being Superdumb. And the way that fight ended. UGH! You don't build up a fight for 1 hour and half to end it in such an anticlimatic way. Batman went from angry to friendly towards Superman in a blink of an eye, and for a shitty reason that didn't have anything to do with their beef. "Superman I'm gonna kill you! Wait you like chocolate candy! Wow, me too! Let's be friend!" No seriously, it was nearly that bad!

And Wonder Woman, that actress is hot, but she can't act for shit. That stupid grin she had during the whole fight made me cringe. I'm really not interested in seeing that upcoming movie.

And to all those DC fanboys, the movie takes itself very seriously, yes, but that doesn't make it mature. So yeah, that's another movie to add on this already huge list of underwhelming DC movies. Ben Affleck was a good Batman though, I want to see him without all those burdens (Superman, Doomsday, Snyder...).

If the first hour and a half (which is more than half the movie) was a huge mess, how can it possibly a bit better than Man of Steel? Man of Steel was coherent and had tons more(and better) action scenes.

Also, Superman and Batman are extremely close to their mothers, Batman especially. The loss of his mother is something that he regrets everyday and even haunts his dreams, as you saw in the movie. That's why he sympathized with Superman so abruptly.
Mar 31, 2016 6:18 PM

Apr 2014
i'm not ok with martha at all what if batman kill criminal who don't have a future other than doing bad job for saving his/her sick mon whose name just MARTHA too!!! it's just so stupid idiot reason to stop the fight.this just new whole level mess up since boring man of steel.
Mar 31, 2016 7:08 PM

Apr 2011
neolucaman said:
i'm not ok with martha at all what if batman kill criminal who don't have a future other than doing bad job for saving his/her sick mon whose name just MARTHA too!!! it's just so stupid idiot reason to stop the fight.this just new whole level mess up since boring man of steel.

That right there is something I really hated about this movie. The fact that Batman has no qualms about killing people. Bats is the ultimate no-kill superhero and here, he just doesn't give a damn at all.
Mar 31, 2016 7:19 PM

Apr 2014
yhunata said:
neolucaman said:

That right there is something I really hated about this movie. The fact that Batman has no qualms about killing people. Bats is the ultimate no-kill superhero and here, he just doesn't give a damn at all.

yes, under the hood make it clear whenever if batman cross the line he'll never return back the way it use to be,but dam joker still live in suicide squad what a bias piece of *** if batman could kill faceless henchman why not kill famous villian who sitting there wait for breaking out in arkham what a plot armor they had.

if suicide squad set after BvS or set after he changed the rule than i will had a problem with this whole inconsistent universe already.
Mar 31, 2016 7:43 PM

Jan 2014
yhunata said:
neolucaman said:

Actually, every movie incarnation of Batman has killed. Keaton's Batman even did it with a smile.

This is also besides the point, but Christopher Reeves Superman killed as well.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Mar 31, 2016 8:04 PM

Apr 2014
RedRoseFring said:
yhunata said:

Actually, every movie incarnation of Batman has killed. Keaton's Batman even did it with a smile.

and that's why all incarnation batman movie still not manage into my top 3 batman list of all time
Mar 31, 2016 8:32 PM

Apr 2011
RedRoseFring said:
yhunata said:

Have you read Snyder's explanation as to why Batfleck's okay with killing? That's my problem. Also, Bale's Batman (from my memory) only ever killed Harvey and he was forced to do it and Ra's, if you really want to push the boundaries.
Mar 31, 2016 8:38 PM

May 2015
just go to @Keyboardkafe's profile
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Mar 31, 2016 8:51 PM

Jan 2014
yhunata said:
RedRoseFring said:

Have you read Snyder's explanation as to why Batfleck's okay with killing? That's my problem. Also, Bale's Batman (from my memory) only ever killed Harvey and he was forced to do it and Ra's, if you really want to push the boundaries.

Bale also killed many ninjas when he first escaped from the League.

I haven't seen the explanation because it didn't really bother me. What does bother me though is how he tried to please the fans in BvS
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Mar 31, 2016 9:47 PM

Apr 2011
RedRoseFring said:
I haven't seen the explanation because it didn't really bother me. What does bother me though is how he tried to please the fans in BvS

Apparently, according to Snyder, Batfleck's logic goes like this:

As for the ninjas that Bale killed, are we talking about the same guys that appeared with Ra's at the end of the movie?
yhunataMar 31, 2016 9:53 PM
Mar 31, 2016 10:05 PM

Dec 2012
yhunata said:

Also, Bale's Batman (from my memory) only ever killed Harvey and he was forced to do it and Ra's, if you really want to push the boundaries.

''push the boundaries'' more like twisting facts. Batman didn't kill either of them.
Mar 31, 2016 10:10 PM
Jul 2018
My sister's sixteen year old friend said she liked it, but others I hear are panning it. I had no doubt in my mind that it probably wasn't going to top the Dark Knight trilogy by any stretch of the imagination, but didn't expect the reception to be this negative. tbh i can't really judge until i've seen it for myself, but I certainly worry with... well, Affleck's track record. Doesn't anyone remember the flop that was the Daredevil movie my dad showed it to me as a laugh one day, yeeeesh. I actually used to like the Elektra movie as a kid tho, I had no taste???

Although, if you look at the Rotten Tomatoes "audience" / user based score, it's at a solid 71, so maybe the critics are being unnecessarily harsh, and had their hopes up too high? It's not the marvel verse and it's certainly not going to be another Dark Knight, but eh.... I'll wait and see. Now if only I could drag someone with me to go see it, that would be nice. fuckin lack of social life.

tbh part of the reason why i would want to see it would be to watch attractive men fly and jump around for like two hours. that, and jessie fucking eisenberg.
removed-userMar 31, 2016 10:22 PM
Mar 31, 2016 10:25 PM

Jul 2013
Just saw the movie yesterday. It was not that bad. I loled when Superman "died" hahaha
Mar 31, 2016 10:31 PM

Jan 2012
Critics, well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I went in with 0 expectations and found it entertaining, which it was meant to be. Sure there were a few loose threads and a few unanswered questions but it still didn't break my immersion. I might even watch it again just for Batfleck.
Mar 31, 2016 10:34 PM

Jul 2013
JustALEX said:
Finally got to see it...

I liked it.

It is a bit convoluted, but I was very much entertained.

Affleck really stole the show though, he was AMAZING as Batman, way better than I expected, and the Batman himself was just kicking so much fucking ass every time he was on screen.....Can't wait for a stand alone Batman film featuring Affleck.

I thought Wonder Woman's appearance was pretty nice too...

I saw the movie and I thought it was average. Not terrible but not really good either. The action kicked ass and was very entertaining as far as supehero show goes. I may or may not be on the minority in this, but I thought Lois Lane was the character they carried out best, and I think Amy Adams was great in the role.
Wonder Woman didn't have much to her but she was cool in the fighting. And the girl was hot.
As far as perfomances go, all very solid. Affleck was fantastic and saved the character of Bruce Wayne/Batman that is mostly let down by the writing. The conflict basically resumes to Batman refusing to hear Superman out and attacking him... what the fuck? I wish we had more scenes of him and Alfred, Jeremy Irons was good and very solid in the role. Maybe a Batman standalone movie before would have better served this, as the introduction and establishment of Batman's character would have been taken care off and it would have meant one less thing this movie had to do.
Luthor was poorly handled too. Eisenberg was great but when did Luthor become the Joker? Luthor is methodical, calculating and rational. He doesn't babble about Devils coming from the sky, turning paintings upside down and unleash something that could potentially destroy humanity.
The teasers for Justice League felt a bit forced but were welcome. i think the movie suffered from being overcrowded as it was while also having but set the stage for Justice League movie. Hopefully since this movie took care of build up, the ones that come next will be better. Just wishfull thinking here tho.

I said it on another thread about the movie... if you actually let critics influence your opinion, then you are even worse than the most retarded fanboy. Thats for sure. At least fanboys have an opinion of their own.
WolfsbaneMar 31, 2016 10:56 PM
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Discuss the last movie you watched ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GloriousHawk - Dec 29, 2012

4812 by LightWorker »»
36 minutes ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7592 by juanlqr »»
4 hours ago

» Thoughts on Suno AI? (AI system for making your own music)

Vargnatt - Yesterday

2 by deg »»
5 hours ago

» About The Crow Remake (2024)

Vargnatt - Yesterday

4 by Theo1899 »»
9 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3376 by SilentAssassin88 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.